Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. (9807 Views)

Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sunday Igboho: No One Can Stand Against The New Leader / Lagos Takes Delivery Of 800 Marcopolo Buses From Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by caye(m): 8:18am On Jan 06
Resetinc:
NAFDAC died with Dora Akuyili ……

You enter bar drink one Heineken order another one, the 2nd bottle will taste totally differently, 2 bottles will give you hangover like say you swim alcohol 😂 then headache, then malaria in a couple of days later…..

Ọmọ...I drank one Johnny walker ( sorry, it's Jack Daniels) , the kin' headache wet chuke my brain, I just ran say, ' I no drink again o!'.

In fact, I'm suspecting that na chemical Johnny walker (Jack Daniels) I drink . grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by abdeefggh: 8:20am On Jan 06
Each state should have their own version of Nafdac.
I said it here last year! Kudos to eko

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by jeff1607(m): 8:31am On Jan 06
Resetinc:
NAFDAC died with Dora Akuyili ……

You enter bar drink one Heineken order another one, the 2nd bottle will taste totally differently, 2 bottles will give you hangover like say you swim alcohol 😂 then headache, then malaria in a couple of days later…..

One of the reasons they won't let you take or brings yours

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Emlproperties: 8:32am On Jan 06
Eastlink:
Benin Landgrabber stay clear of Delta North and go do your Landgrabbing elsewhere. Jim Ovia and Tony Elumelu are proud Igbos and if it pains you then use a rope. Imagine how you jumped into an innocent thread to display your ignorance.

You can't tell Anioma people where they belong by bringing up ancient migration which no base. If so, then many tribes in Yorubaland won't be called Yoruba today since they migrated from the so-called Benin empire mostly those in Owo Ondo state. In addition, we might begin to call Benin people Yoruba's since Oranmiyan migrated from Ife. We can also call many parts of Isoko Igbo's too since many migrated from Igboland. But you'll never see Igbos do this since they've now ethnically assimilated with their host tribe. Only you lots from Benin are champions of landgrabbing in a bid to bring back a dead Benin Empire that was built by the Portuguese.

Unlike you Benin's, Igbos don't landgrab tribes we are not related with. We are only concerned with those that share ethnic affiliation with us in Language and culture and the colonial masters have long carved Nigerian ethnic groups accordingly before independence. Therefore, anybody looking to landgrab tribes in this modern age is simply wasting their time and you Benin's should be very careful.

Second, I observed your falsification of Jim Ovia's surname which you think is Benin since it’s sounds so. For your information the Ovia you think is Benin is a pure Igbo name. It's just a dialectical differentiation from Central Igbo Ohia which means forest. Now it takes different forms and becomes Ofia, Ovia, Ohia, Oshia in several parts of Igboland. While it's called Ovia in Ika, Aguleri, Awka, Ohafia etc, it becomes Ofia in places like Onitsha, Asaba, Nkpor etc. Additionally, the Ovia is similar to names like Isibor and Irabor which are deep Igbo names that many of you in Edo now bear and think are Benin names.

Third, The 6 Odiani clan which you rightly called Olukunmi are proud Igbos from Aniocha. The only thing that connects them with Yoruba is simply migration. They are proud Igbos and are part and parcel of the Igbo nation, sharing one destiny with us from the pre-independence, to the civil war to modern Nigeria. Anybody looking to grab must first cross into Igboland and will get a proper response not from us but the Odiani people themselves.
Proper response.
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:34am On Jan 06
If you really love your kidney and want to avoid renal failure,avoid any kind of wine - alcoholic and nonalcoholic alike for now. There are lots of fake drinks in circulation now and the makers of these adulterated drinks are not ready to back down ! I took a bottle of Orijin drink some days ago;headache nearly burst my head !

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Bonessaw(m): 8:40am On Jan 06
Eastlink:
Benin Landgrabber stay clear of Delta North and go do your Landgrabbing elsewhere. Jim Ovia and Tony Elumelu are proud Igbos and if it pains you then use a rope. Imagine how you jumped into an innocent thread to display your ignorance.

You can't tell Anioma people where they belong by bringing up ancient migration which no base. If so, then many tribes in Yorubaland won't be called Yoruba today since they migrated from the so-called Benin empire mostly those in Owo Ondo state. In addition, we might begin to call Benin people Yoruba's since Oranmiyan migrated from Ife. We can also call many parts of Isoko Igbo's too since many migrated from Igboland. But you'll never see Igbos do this since they've now ethnically assimilated with their host tribe. Only you lots from Benin are champions of landgrabbing in a bid to bring back a dead Benin Empire that was built by the Portuguese.

Unlike you Benin's, Igbos don't landgrab tribes we are not related with. We are only concerned with those that share ethnic affiliation with us in Language and culture and the colonial masters have long carved Nigerian ethnic groups accordingly before independence. Therefore, anybody looking to landgrab tribes in this modern age is simply wasting their time and you Benin's should be very careful.

Second, I observed your falsification of Jim Ovia's surname which you think is Benin since it’s sounds so. For your information the Ovia you think is Benin is a pure Igbo name. It's just a dialectical differentiation from Central Igbo Ohia which means forest. Now it takes different forms and becomes Ofia, Ovia, Ohia, Oshia in several parts of Igboland. While it's called Ovia in Ika, Aguleri, Awka, Ohafia etc, it becomes Ofia in places like Onitsha, Asaba, Nkpor etc. Additionally, the Ovia is similar to names like Isibor and Irabor which are deep Igbo names that many of you in Edo now bear and think are Benin names.

Third, The 6 Odiani clan which you rightly called Olukunmi are proud Igbos from Aniocha. The only thing that connects them with Yoruba is simply migration. They are proud Igbos and are part and parcel of the Igbo nation, sharing one destiny with us from the pre-independence, to the civil war to modern Nigeria. Anybody looking to grab must first cross into Igboland and will get a proper response not from us but the Odiani people themselves.
I can’t imagine how someone will deviate from the intention of a thread to start capping nonsense. You served him rightly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Lexusgs430: 8:50am On Jan 06
Next time I go clubbing, I go carry my own duty free confirmed cognac........😁😜
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Lovelyn451(f): 8:52am On Jan 06
AbuTwins:
It's not only the SE that are guilty of the crimes!
Many other tribes are guilty of cutting corners to earn more!

The farmers that add dangerous chemicals to grains for preservation and still sells it while it's dangerous for consumption!

The farmers that inject animals with antibiotics, etc that are still much in the animals when sold. This drugs are toxic to humans!

And there are many more variations of the above!
the caffein in Alabukun can kill and its produced by yoruba, all the rubbish they produce for our kids in the name of juice nko

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by DrMuzungu(m): 9:11am On Jan 06
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Drug lord Th1efnibu

Indeed, sister, indeed!
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by ChiefOkporghe: 9:15am On Jan 06
Konquest:

Jim Ovia should not be listed among those names because he is NOT Ibo. He is an indigene of Agbor in Ika South LGA of Delta State and he is Ika. The name Ovia is an Edoid name meaning "God of iron." The Agbor people have strong ancestral ties with the Edos even though they are part of ANIOMA.

Tony Elumelu is also from Delta North and his biological mother is from Onicha Ugbo in Aniocha North LGA, which is the same local government where you'll find the 6 Olukumi towns such as Ugbodu and Eko Efun (otherwise called Ukwunzu) consisting of people whose ancestors came from Yorubaland via Benin and Esanland several centuries back.

Check the map of Delta State below:

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by adicius: 10:43am On Jan 06
No prizes for guessing who commits all that evil. 😉
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by beyondPen(m): 1:06pm On Jan 06
Eastlink:

So you know benin are landgrabbers but you supported them when they also want to grab Lagos right?

You people want to unite against your common Yorubas who you taught are your common enemies. Una never see anything yet. The future awaits us.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by flokii: 1:20pm On Jan 06
abdeefggh:
Each state should have their own version of Nafdac.
I said it here last year! Kudos to eko

This is a very brilliant idea honestly.. how I wish States can key into this idea.

We can have State versions of NAFDAC, not necessarily the same nomenclature, under State Ministry of Health that'll be checking and monitoring sales of drinks, wines, foods etc. to protect inhabitants of the State.
Those Abia boys want all Nigerians to die of Kidney and Liver failure but God pass them.. they shall never succeed in killing innocent Nigerians out of quest for quick money.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 1:20pm On Jan 06
beyondPen:

So you know benin are landgrabbers but you supported them when they also want to grab Lagos right?

You people want to unite against your common Yorubas who you taught are your common enemies. Una never see anything yet. The future awaits us.

Benin Cannot Land Grab Lagos because firstly Benin have No Ancestral Lands in Lagos
even Isale Eko is Awori Land

Also Benin itself was founded by Obagodo and his followers from Ile Ife
Obagodo was also the founder of the Ogiso dynasty and the first Ogiso

The Last thing is that Yorubas were already in Lagos in the 10th Century when the first Owa Obokun was sent to Lagos by Oore of Otun Ekiti to fetch Sea Water from Moba near Victoria Island to cure Oduduwa's blindness
Owa Obokun and his Brother spent 2 months with the Moba People and the Onimoba before returning to Ile Ife with the Sea Water

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 6:09pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

Benin Cannot Land Grab Lagos because firstly Benin have No Ancestral Lands in Lagos
even Isale Eko is Awori Land

Also Benin itself was founded by Obagodo and his followers from Ile Ife
Obagodo was also the founder of the Ogiso dynasty and the first Ogiso

The Last thing is that Yorubas were already in Lagos in the 10th Century when the first Owa Obokun was sent to Lagos by Oore of Otun Ekiti to fetch Sea Water from Moba near Victoria Island to cure Oduduwa's blindness
Owa Obokun and his Brother spent 2 months with the Moba People and the Onimoba before returning to Ile Ife with the Sea Water

dont be a fool, there is nothing like Obagodo, Ife cannot even be credited to have found modakeke let alone Benin. This your pseudo history with an aim to harvest a cultural identity is overstretching it. There are enough loopholes in the story of oranmiyan to debunk it let alone adding Obagodo to it. It is like you guys are taking advantage of the fact that Benin is a minority to publish these useless unrelatable history.

But that Benin founded Lagos is not even under contest and there are historical scholarships to buttress these points. From Ryder to Bradbury to several Others scholars even some of Yoruba origin. I do not think they are drunk

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 6:27pm On Jan 06
Eastlink:

the Boy might very well be a Yoruba. Going through all his posts will give you an insights on that.

But i wish to correct something nothwothstanding your point if they are igbos or not. You see the names ovia, Irabor, Isibor are pure Bini names and have solid interpretable meanings in Benin language. Do you hear me. Although the argument you gave for ovia is intelligent, i will take that the Igbo ovia has a meaning independent of that of the Benins but not isibor and Irabor,Otabor those are pure Bini names with very sensible relatable meanings, you cannot give a sensible interpretation to it in Igbo, i dare you. The fact that the tribe Ika is heavily influenced by Benin is not even under contest. When you check the Archives of past kings of agbor, when you check the namings of several areas in agbor, it gives credence to this fact, anyone trying to argue otherwise is making a mockery of himself. Let me remind you that there is still a Bini community in agbor till date whose dialect is still 85 intelligible to the Binis till date

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 8:23pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
dont be a fool, there is nothing like Obagodo, Ife cannot even be credited to have found modakeke let alone Benin. This your pseudo history with an aim to harvest a cultural identity is overstretching it. There are enough loopholes in the story of oranmiyan to debunk it let alone adding Obagodo to it. It is like you guys are taking advantage of the fact that Benin is a minority to publish these useless unrelatable history.

But that Benin founded Lagos is not even under contest and there are historical scholarships to buttress these points. From Ryder to Bradbury to several Others scholars even some of Yoruba origin. I do not think they are drunk

That the Awori Yoruba' founded Lagos is beyond any Contention
They are still the owners of Lagos today
In History in Law and on the Ground,In the Nigerian Supreme Court in the Highest Supreme Court of the British Empire the Privy Council and the Oba Of Benin didn't Challenge the Awori People's Claim to be the owners of Lagos

Let the Oba Of Benin give Quit Notice to the Awori Yoruba'and the Ijebus of Lagos so we can truly know who founded and owns Lagos
Even Isale Eko on Lagos Island is the Property of the Yoruba Awori

We are waiting

Second point, In other Words you are saying Oba Erediauwa lied when he said obagodo of Ile Ife and his Followers Established the Benin Kingdom and Ogiso dynasty

Ogiamen family always say Oba of Benin is from Ile Ife and the Ekhalerderhan Story is nonsense

That doesn't negate that obagodo of Ile Ife and his followers from Ife founded Igodomigodo Kingdom which is now Benin

obagodo and his followers were the Ancestors of the Aboriginal Benin because 31 Ogiso ruled Benin before Oranmiyan and Eweka

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 8:39pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

That the Awori Yoruba' founded Lagos is beyond any Contention
They are still the owners of Lagos today
In History in Law and on the Ground,In the Nigerian Supreme Court in the Highest Supreme Court of the British Empire the Privy Council and the Oba Of Benin didn't Challenge the Awori People's Claim to be the owners of Lagos

Let the Oba Of Benin give Quit Notice to the Awori Yoruba'and the Ijebus of Lagos so we can truly know who founded and owns Lagos

We are waiting

In other Words you are saying Oba Erediauwa lied when he said obagodo of Ile Ife and his Followers Established the Benin Kingdom and Ogiso dynasty

Ogiamen family always say Oba of Benin is from Ile Ife and the Ekhalerderhan Story is nonsense

That doesn't negate that obagodo of Ile Ife and his followers from Ife founded Igodomigodo Kingdom which is now Benin

obagodo and his followers were the Ancestors of the Aboriginal Benin because 31 Ogiso ruled Benin before Oranmiyan and Eweka
me i am asking you was Ryder, Bradbury, even some Yoruba notable historians are they drunk for admitting that Benin found Lagos. There are severaL scholarly works to that effect. Even the Oba of Lagos admitted so at a point.

There are so much loopholes in Oranmiyan’s story, it is far more mythical, a pseudo history than realistic, let alone Obagodo. That only shows Yoruba’s desperate attempt to harvest Binis rich cultural history.

Yes Oba Erediauwa lied when he said Igodo is from Ife.

Ife is a small inconsequential village. It is not older than Benin. It couldn’t have found Benin. Ife did not even found Iseyin, modakeke Or Ijebu. This new attempt at tracing every thing in yorubaland to Ife is a poor attempt at unity of the Yoruba people

Nobody can give give notice to anybody today, don’t be a fool, Nigeria is a democratic state. Powers are in the hands of the government. Since you guys are always saying that Ife found many towns in Yoruba land, let the ooni of Ife go and give notice to the Alaafin of Oyo. This is not before colonialism, Powers have long been taken from the hands of these traditional rulers, that does not negate the fact that they were once in charge. Such a poor attempt at logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 8:54pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
me i am asking you was Ryder, Bradbury, even some Yoruba notable historians are they drunk for admitting that Benin found Lagos. There are severaL scholarly works to that effect. Even the Oba of Lagos admitted so at a point.

There are so much loopholes in Oranmiyan’s story, it is far more mythical, a pseudo history than realistic, let alone Obagodo. That only shows Yoruba’s desperate attempt to harvest Binis rich cultural history.

Ife is a small inconsequential village. It is not older than Benin. It couldn’t have found Benin. Ife did not even found Iseyin, modakeke Or Ijebu. This new attempt at tracing every thing in yorubaland to Ife is a poor attempt at unity of the Yoruba people

The Ijaw version of the History of Lagos matches the Itsekiri Oyo ,Ijebu and Awori version

Why is it always only Benin 's Version that is always different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xun_CdDFnVU?si=gS3tgd8x5LepUMde

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 8:59pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

The Ijaw version of the History of Lagos matches the Itsekiri and Oyo ,Ijebu and Awori version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xun_CdDFnVU?si=gS3tgd8x5LepUMde
Ijaw did not record their history. We are talking about Peer reviewed scholarly research in textbooks by A list historians and scholars, you are talking about some unrecorded drunk Ijaw tales that changes from time to time. You need to understand that A.F.C Ryder is not a Benin man. Neither is Bradbury one neither are some of those reputable Yoruba historians who admit these facts one. The Benins themselves don’t really have a body of work that much that talk about their relationship with Lagos. That should lend credibility to these carefully researched works by A list scholars like Bradbury and Ryder

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 9:00pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
Ijaw did not record their history. We are talking about Peer reviewed scholarly research in textbooks by A list historians and scholars, you are talking about some unrecorded drunk Ijaw tales that changes from time to time. You need to understand that A.F.C Ryder is not a Benin man. Neither is Bradbury one neither are some of those reputable Yoruba historians who admit these facts one. The Benins themselves don’t really have a body of work that much that talk about their relationship with Lagos. That should lend credibility to these carefully researched works by A list scholars like Bradbury and Ryder
Itsekiri version of the History of Lagos is the
Same as the Ijaw and Yoruba Version

Remember that Ijaw and Itsekiri were Benin Navy

Because Benin cannot Swim or Canoe

Infact Oyo Historians tell us thst when Benin tried Nonsense in Lagos they suffered a defeat so Calamitous that an Oba Of Benin called Ehengbude was drowned with his Entourage by the Yorubas

Benin Never Tried Nonsense in Lagos again but came back Begging and Pleading Oduduwa kinship for a small Trading Space on Lagos Island to do Business with the Portuguese
That is why Lagos Island is Still the Property of the Yoruba Awori

Lagelu of Ibadan led the Oyo Army as allies of the Olofin and Awori

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 9:08pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

Itsekiri version of the History of Lagos is the
Same as the Ijaw and Yoruba Version
cite textbooks don’t cite nonsense history for me, i am asking again is Bradbury or Ryder’s mother Bini, how many Binis here has argued with you here and cite Benin source?. Is itsekiri not a Yoruba group?

Is Lagos really not replete with Benin relics with name places such as idumota and several other idu’s that are intelligible in Benin and are Benin Naming pattern of areas. You think the historians are dumb, some of them are eye witness account. They conduct history backed by what is relatable and backed by evidences on ground. Not the way the Yorubas would tell it, so so person said it and it goes contrary to what is relatable and common sense. These guys are proper historians, not half baked and do not work with emotions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 9:17pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
cite textbooks don’t cite nonsense history for me, i am asking again is Bradbury or Ryder’s mother Bini, how many Binis here has argued with you here and cite Benin source?. Is itsekiri not a Yoruba group?

Is Lagos really not replete with Benin relics with name places such as idumota and several other idu’s that are intelligible in Benin and are Benin Naming pattern of areas. You think the historians are dumb, some of them are eye witness account. They conduct history backed by what is relatable and backed by evidences on ground. Not the way the Yorubas would tell it, so so person said it and it goes contrary to what is relatable and common sense. These guys are proper historians, not half baked and do not work with emotions

Was Oba Ehengbude of Benin and his entourage Drowned by Yorubas around Lagos when he tried nonsense on Not?

Na Awori Ijebu Ilaje you Dey take play?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by DOptical: 9:18pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:

Nobody can give give notice to anybody today, don’t be a fool, Nigeria is a democratic state. Powers are in the hands of the government. Since you guys are always saying that Ife found many towns in Yoruba land, let the ooni of Ife go and give notice to the Alaafin of Oyo. This is not before colonialism, Powers have long been taken from the hands of these traditional rulers, that does not negate the fact that they were once in charge. Such a poor attempt at logic.

Dundee. Ife is older than Bini because it's BC, not CE like Bini. And Ife is yet to be excavated. When we bring the Oranmiyan staff, IFA etc to the table, Ife is quite old. Or Iwo eleru to the table, considering Ondo came from Ife. All that you need to sink into your brain! Heck, it was Oranmiyan who named Bini. Uninformed Ryder etc writing a nonsensical article in 1960 after Nigeria gained independence has no bearing. Meanwhile, The fact known is Ogunfunminire of the awori founded Lagos. This was written by the early British who came early.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 9:19pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

Was Oba Ehengbude of Benin and his entourage Drowned by Yorubas around Lagos when he tried nonsense on Not?

cite sources he was drowned, and tell me how it negate the founding of Lagos by Benins according to Bradbury and Ryder
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 9:21pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
cite sources he was drowned, and tell me how it negate the founding of Lagos by Benins according to Bradbury and Ryder

Cite Even Benin Souces how did Oba Of Benin Ehengbude die if it was not the Yorubas that finished him and his entourage in Lagos

Even if he managed to just escape from the Awori alive I trust the Ijebu of Lagos to finish him off in the Atlantic or in the Lagoon

Nobody conquered the Ijebu till the British arrived
Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 9:24pm On Jan 06
DOptical:

Dundee. Ife is older than Bini because it's BC, not CE like Bini. And Ife is yet to be excavated. When we bring the Oranmiyan staff, pavement road, IFA etc to the table, Ife is quite old. Or Iwo eleru to the table, considering Ondo came from Ife. All that you need to sink into your brain! Heck, it was Oranmiyan who named Bini. Ryder etc writing a nonsensical article in 1960 after Nigeria gained independence has no bearing. Meanwhile, The fact known is Ogunfunminire of the awori founded Lagos. This was written by the early British who came early.
Ogbeni Benin is older than Ife, larger than Ife in population today and more relevant than it in the Nigeria space today. The only glory Ife has today is attributing what Ife did not do to her, like saying Ife found Japan, Ife found Somalia and so on. Ife is still largely a village, irrelevant and inconsequential.

Bear in mind that Benin was Already Igodomigodo before it became Benin. That did not change the location, that did not change the age, it did not change the fact that people has been living in it. Ozour.

You are talking of the early British of the 19 century, there are accounts eye witness even long before the 19 century that talked about Benin foundation of Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by DOptical: 9:26pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
Ogbeni Benin is older than Ife, larger than Ife in population today and more relevant than it in the Nigeria space today. The only glory Ife has today is attributing what Ife did not do to her, like saying Ife found Japan, Ife found Somalia and so on. Ife is still largely a village, irrelevant and inconsequential.

Bear in mind that Benin was Already Igodomigodo before it became Benin. That did not change the location, that did not change the age, it did not change the fact that people has been living in it.

Lol. Without Oranmiyan, Bini has no history to begin with. Oranmiyan civilized Bini. Sink that info into your brain. And yeah, Ife is older than Bini.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Christistruth00: 9:27pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:

Bear in mind that Benin was Already Igodomigodo before it became Benin. That did not change the location, that did not change the age, it did not change the fact that people has been living in it.

Fake news

In other Words you are saying Oba Erediauwa lied when he said obagodo of Ile Ife and his Followers Established the Benin Kingdom and Ogiso dynasty

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 9:32pm On Jan 06
DOptical:

Lol. Without Oranmiyan, Bini has no history to begin with. Oranmiyan civilized Bini. Sink that info into your brain. And yeah, Ife is older than Bini.
Oranmiyan did not civilize himself let alone. I believe he was an uncivilized ape.

Mind you there are other theories of how the word Bini came up. There is a scholar article which seem to talk about the fact that the word Bini came from Benign which means kindness and it is more plausible that that is it.

Benin is far older than the foundation of Ife. If not for the unrealistic exploits that it is attributed to Ife to give it some form of relevance. It would have been a relative unknown place.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by DOptical: 9:34pm On Jan 06
Evboesi:
Oranmiyan did not civilize himself let alone. I believe he was an uncivilized ape.

Mind you there are other theories of how the word Bini came up. There is a scholar article which seem to talk about the fact that the word Bini came from Benign which means kindness and it is more plausible that that is it.

Benin is far older than the foundation of Ife. If not for the unrealistic exploits that it is attributed to Ife to give it some form of relevance. It would have been a relative unknown place.

You mean Oranmiyan, the first king of Bini who named Bini name? Lol.

You can't run from your shadow despite your dumbness 😅

And yeah, Ife is older than Bini!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Hard Stand Against Fake Drinks in Hospitality Industry. by Evboesi: 9:36pm On Jan 06
Christistruth00:

Fake news

Oba Erediuawa lied when he said Obagodo came from Ife.

Stop repeating words like a fool. Cite me anywhere, Ife did not even found the surrounding towns around her like Ijebu, modakeke and iseyin let alone stretching to Benin.

Ife is just one of the towns that evolved like any other Yoruba towns, it did not found anything. In fact coming to Benin to say that would earn you beating blue black

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG / Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East / Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.