Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East (9806 Views)

2023: Fears Mount In APC Over Moves To Zone Presidency To North-East / 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye / Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by politicoNG: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
The Supreme Court has struck out a suit instituted against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), seeking to enforce the zoning and rotatory policy in the 2023 presidential election.

In a unanimous judgement delivered by Justice Adamu Jauro on Friday, the court struck out the suit on the ground of lack of jurisdiction to entertain it.

A presidential aspirant of PDP and former Deputy Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Cosmos Ndukwe, had instituted the suit against his party, praying for an order of the court to compel it to uphold the zoning and rotatory policy of the party.

Specifically, the presidential aspirant sought for an order of the court to compel PDP to zone the nomination of its presidential candidate to the south-east geo-political zone of the country.

However, Justice Jauro dismissed the suit on the ground that the nomination of candidates for election was an internal affair of political parties.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2022/09/23/breaking-supreme-court-dismisses-suit-to-compel-pdp-to-zone-presidency-to-south-east/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2022
All the wahala in pdp is to our favour. Big daddy Tinubu is coming and there’s nothing anyone can do about it

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2022
campaign after election
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Jostoman: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by 9jahotblog: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2022
Great judgement from the Supreme Court of justice. Wike’s failed case will be dismissed for lacking merit too in the court of competent jurisprudence. As it stands today, it’s Atiku/Okowa everywhere you go. Ayu the indefatigable National Chairman has come to stay for huge victories in the poll. Congratulations to Atiku/Okowa in advance. Pdp!!! Power to the People.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by treesun: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by GeneralOjukwu: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2022
grin

I can bet that SE will still vote PDP...

PDP will forever be their Masters. They disgraced even Ojukwu for the party.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by NwaNimo1(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by tsephanyah(f): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Imagine PDP gave the ticket to Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by inoki247: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
lol this people are just jokers...

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Moh247: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
grin

Thank God for Asiwaju and the progressive

Thank God we rejected PDP for the progressives

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Gaary(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
issoright
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by ceeceeco: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
All you tribal & religious bigots, for your information, Iam not supporting any presidential candidate due to religious or tribal reasons, that's rubbish! The problem of Nigeria is much bigger than that. I don't need a president who's coming to enrich himself, family, friends/cartel. I need a president who's ready to render his best services to the country, I need a president who has positive plans for the country. I need a president that Nigeria & the whole of Africa can be proud of. I need a president who's ready to serve the country with so much patriotism, diligence & commitment. We've played with the future of this country alot & I think it's time for us to be serious & get things right this time. As for me, I've forever pledge to myself that henceforth, I will always vote with my clear conscience, I will never be biased/sentimental in my decision making anymore. Perhaps the candidate I support doesn't even know me, so what am I even going to personally gain from him if he eventually wins? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. Iam voting for a candidate who's ready to work, a candidate who has something to offer, not a candidate who wants to be a president simply because it's his turn, which some of us here know fully well that he just wants to be the president, not that he has any positive agenda for the betterment of our country, not at all. The energy is not there anymore, it is very clear for us to see, yet some tribalistic, religious, selfish, & greedy set of people/caucus are pushing him to go & sit there as the president while they go on with their usual criminal & evil activities in government. Some people are just so evil & wicked, and they will never die well in this life. No conscience at all, only after their personal interest. They just don't give a f*ck about the situation of the country simply because, the situation doesn't affect them because, they always have the opportunity to always steal from Government. I don't blame them sha, I blame some of the people who blindly & foolishly vote such type of politicians into power. But the question that sometimes bothers me is; "How much wealth can a man acquire before he can be contented?" No amount of wealth at all. To be honest, Man is insatiable.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by GeneralOjukwu: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Is this how Tinubu was disgracing himself ?

Ohaneze wrote to Tinubu begging him not to contest.

Ogbonnaya Onu was crying like a baby and complaining about zero vote.

Now you want Supreme Court to fight for you.

Na their fault say Pius Anyim get 20 votes when him mate dey get 2000?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by YourNextLevel(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Who judged ?

Who went to court ?

Who won the primaries ?

Now tell me who they said that she is born to rule in this country ?

If you know you know
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by SIMONEKPA7: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
It is Biafra we want, we don't want anything with the Zoo. No election in Igbo Land.
Operation stop all zoo election in the South East. Obi is a Sabo

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Compeller...

Bros the way South Sudan is a country is the same way Igboland wants to become its own country..

We sacrificed for it and we shall get it

3million and counting

Kapish.

NB: oga ontop...why should there not be elections?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by SenatePresdo(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Thiefnupoo already knows he has lost this coming election based on the current contenders.

His political soldiers wants PDP to zone their presidency to the East, so that Peter Obi votes would be shared.

Then he would go to the North and win all the Muslim votes since there would no longer be Atiku to contest against grin.

One thing that urchins and Theifnupoo has in common is that they all wear pampers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by salbis(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Atiku/ Okowa grin grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Hopepe(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
senijah:
Many months after Party primaries.
Our judiciary shaa
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by Femiwilli: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Let's face it, Nigerians hate igbos.

Yet what i don't grasp is the reluctance to let them leave in peace
OyeofIkoTuN:
Compeller...

Bros the way South Sudan is a country is the same way Igboland wants to become its own country..

We sacrificed for it and we shall get it

3million and counting

Kapish.

NB: oga ontop...why should there not be elections?

The South East can survive on its own, if not do better.

I mean after the civil war, they still are amongst the best brains, best sports people.

If they will suffer, is it ur biz?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by diggindeep: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Medicine after death �
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by tiswell(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
SE isn't desperate for power,I wonder the efulefus suing for it sad
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by dyera(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
It is the turn of the south and in the south it is the turn of the south east.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by verybadmouth(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Congratulations to Asiwaju in advance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East by yamunla(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
YEEBOS SEF

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fr Obinyan to Obaseki: 'Be the big brother, call off the impeachment on Shaibu' / North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere / Fr Mbaka Through Multi-life Extends His Charity & Empowerment Programme 2 Ituku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.