Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery (4948 Views)

Is This Not A Form Of Slavery? / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture) / Vacancy At Edo Heritage Hotel (a 4-star Hotel), Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Never4getU: 7:38pm On Jan 05
The name of this hotel at Lekki axis precisely Maroko by sand field is called LAGOS ORIENTAL HOTEL, this hotel is an eye sore.

If there's other names for slavery it's there at oriental hotel, where staff sleep on bathroom floor without permission to do so, if u're caught is an option of sack or deduction or both penalties.

It's a place where u're not allowed to dress corporately or be seen eloquently inclined.

People are treated like second class citizens because the German, who happens to be the General Manager, is a racist who dislike Nigerians with passion. He finds and hold on u at any means possible offence upon which deduction earmarked from staff service charge or salary.

This exercise is necessary by all means because Peter must be robbed to pay Paul. Meaning, deductions of other staffs are used to scale up staff payment while hundreds of millions of naira weekly earmark are shared between the class struggles.

There's a man called Taiwo Ali, from Ijebu whose late father relationship with the Chinese owners dated early 1950s, he is the African Director of the wemco group of companies.

This man, is the offspring of his late father and the staff nightmare of the hotel. When the Chinese, considered reasonable payment as take home for staff, his father vehemently rejected and instead used cassava flakes as justification for surplus in the salary scheme an action which had ever since placed staff under an eternal penury.

Salary is range between 16k, 18k and 25k while older staff with long service receive 28k monthly. Service charge is the lowest in the entire axis but the highest sale statistics in the Lekki axis.

The GM has a dog who sleeps a full room apartment with all necessary applicable to guest in the hotel. This dog eats full chicken and everything as demanded while staff who are mostly Nigerians or other Africans eat foods meant for second class citizens because the GM at one time remarked tha his dog couldn't eat the particular food but unfortunately this is the food we eat.

My fellow Nigerians, we're nothing less than a slave in this country by our own people in collaboration with their white counterparts

You can get sack for a minor offense, it doesn't matter how long u have been in service for the hotel. Many of colleagues, I met whom I witnessed been sack some have been in service for more than 10yrs but were sent packing without any renumeration for service.

We hope, someday, someone will look into the slavery our leaders have sold us into in this country.

This is my eyewitness account of oriental hotel located at no 3, Victoria island, Lekki, Lagos.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by oldguyman: 7:46pm On Jan 05
Since the said work is not by force, I see no reason why you are here complaining. Leave their job, look elsewhere for a better offer. This is where our over smartness has led us as a country. When everyone is trying to be smarter than the rest.

Other Nigerians like you and I, were lucky to be in a good company where they are respected, enjoy good pay and good benefits, but what did their employers get in return? They ruined the company by stealing the company's money and other bad acts that crumbled many businesses.

So enjoy your 30K per month job.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by frazee: 7:48pm On Jan 05
Black man is black man's problem....

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Ayrastarr(f): 8:10pm On Jan 05
I need people to speak up about their experiences working for hotels, clubs and lounges around Ikoyi, VI and Lekki..

Please share your experiences if you can.
Thank you!

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by illicit(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05
I know that Hotel

It's built on reclaimed Land

There's water behind it

There was rumour then that Tinubu owns it

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 8:31pm On Jan 05
Finally someone that has balls has spill the beans.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by dhardline(m): 8:33pm On Jan 05
Wow. But their ratings on Google seems very high. Are there others who can collaborate this experience?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by fidelmarshal199: 8:34pm On Jan 05
I find it very hard to believe this story, the last time I lodged in Oriental was in 2021, the lowest available room was 18k per night. And their staff were always on cooperate wears looking as modest as possible.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by thesicilian: 8:37pm On Jan 05
Salary is range between 16k, 18k and 25k while older staff with long service receive 28k monthly.

Anyone working on the island for anything less than 60k per month, even a cleaner, does not have any self esteem. You are your own problem. Even if you're treated well.

Not to even talk of when you badly treated.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Pussyisgud: 8:56pm On Jan 05
Oriental hotel i have worked there before, indeed staffs are treated like slaves and anytime the manager is around na serious tension and pressure untop peanut salary as a security guard, that place is very terrible and not a good place to work in at all. Lots of eye service intimidation and all shouting and cursing
They prepare the yeye food they gave us separately one little plate of food once daily
I had to resign omo work bokku for outside.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by AchrafHakimi: 9:03pm On Jan 05
Never4getU:

There's a man called Taiwo Ali, from Ijebu
This man, is the offspring of his late father and the staff nightmare of the hotel. When the Chinese, considered reasonable payment as take home for staff, his father vehemently rejected and instead used cassava flakes as justification for surplus in the salary scheme an action which had ever since placed staff under an eternal penury.

grin grin
Na dem
Betrayers

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Pussyisgud: 9:06pm On Jan 05
oldguyman:
Since the said work is not by force, I see no reason why you are here complaining. Leave their job, look elsewhere for a better offer. This is where our over smartness has led us as a country. When everyone is trying to be smarter than the rest.

Other Nigerians like you and I, were lucky to be in a good company where they are respected, enjoy good pay and good benefits, but what did their employers get in return? They ruined the company by stealing the company's money and other bad acts that crumbled many businesses.

Oluku, they are talking something you are yanning dust, buzu!

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Pussyisgud: 9:08pm On Jan 05
IyaTola:
Finally someone that has balls has spill the beans.

It needed to be done oh, i worked there too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Rexymania(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05
There's freedom of speech and freedom to leave the job. Report them to SON and Lagos state government...if there's no turn around, quit

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Pussyisgud: 9:10pm On Jan 05
fidelmarshal199:
I find it very hard to believe this story, the last time I lodged in Oriental was in 2021, the lowest available room was 18k per night. And their staff were always on cooperate wears looking as modest as possible.

As a customer you will never notice cos you are not working there.

25 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Pussyisgud: 9:12pm On Jan 05
thesicilian:

Anyone working on the island for anything less than 60k per month, even a cleaner, does not have any self esteem. You are your own problem. Even if you're treated well.

Not to even talk of when you badly treated.

Keep dreaming, or maybe u never ready to work cos all my life i have never seen any company that pays cleaner 60k.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Besuccesful: 9:16pm On Jan 05
Seun and other moderators should take this story to the front page. We are talking about human being maltreatment here.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Godmother(f): 9:20pm On Jan 05
If the work is so bad, you guys should take a bold step and leave.

The fear of what if wild limit and keep you tried down forever

In other news, join our giveaway

https://www.nairaland.com/7959685/just-hit-10000-subscribers-youtube
Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:22pm On Jan 05
Pussyisgud:

It needed to be done oh, i worked there too.
My girlfriend cousins always complained bitterly about that place. I am always like this place where people are dying to work in

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:23pm On Jan 05
Pussyisgud:

Keep dreaming, or maybe u never ready to work cos all my life i have never seen any company that pays cleaner 60k.
Oil companies pay their cleaners more than that.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:24pm On Jan 05
Rexymania:
There's freedom of speech and freedom to leave the job. Report them to SON and Lagos state government...if there's no turn around, quit
grin really?
Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by 5ThChild: 9:25pm On Jan 05
oldguyman:

You may not see the stupidity and selfishness in your post but I'll open your eyes to it.

You don't have to be the first victim of unfair system before you raise awareness against it and expose such ills.

Just because you are fortunate enough to get a job better job than the op doesn't mean you won't be a victim of a bad system in the near future.

In the hospitality industry, staff salaries are subjected to deductions which are "criminal " and has no legal backing.

27 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Rexymania(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05
IyaTola:
grin really?

Standard Organization of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:28pm On Jan 05
dhardline:
Wow. But their ratings on Google seems very high. Are there others who can collaborate this experience?
Do you know in Nigeria, people are paid to do rating for organization on Google and apps on play store.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:30pm On Jan 05
Rexymania:

Standard Organization of Nigeria
What would they do?
Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Ayrastarr(f): 9:43pm On Jan 05
IyaTola:
My girlfriend cousins always complained bitterly about that place. I am always like this place where people are dying to work in

See, I am surprised.
Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Ayrastarr(f): 9:44pm On Jan 05
IyaTola:
Oil companies pay their cleaners more than that.

This is pure lies.

List the oil companies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by thesicilian: 9:50pm On Jan 05
Pussyisgud:

I feel for you
Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by IyaTola: 9:51pm On Jan 05
Ayrastarr:

This is pure lies.

List the oil companies.

Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by THEGALADIMA(m): 9:52pm On Jan 05
It shows you are a really wicked person.
How can you make such an opinion.

oldguyman:

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by grandstar(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05
Never4getU

Rather than all this self pity you seek, why not find an effective means to fight for your rights?

You'll need a lawyer. At the end of the day, it is best the German is fired. However, we haven't heard his side. Germans are well known for taking very good care of their staff. This comes as a surprise.

Nevertheless, better seek the services of a lawyer. If you need help, let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Oriental Hotel, A Place Beyond Slavery by Sirseedorf(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05
You can never witness first hand slavery in this kind of organization until you work or have someone working there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Test Format Of Workforce Test Of 5th Dec / Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 At Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) / Sol Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.