Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live (14582 Views)

"No Gree For Anybody": Multichoice Makes U-turn, To air All AFCON Matches live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by engrfaruq(m): 8:36am On Jan 06
ekelebeXstunner:
Startimes? That’s for children on Nairaland. I’ll rather go without TV than subscribe to that rubbish.

You'd rather pay unnecessarily huge amount to DSTV that's taking Nigerians for granted.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Vivihay: 8:38am On Jan 06
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Nickymezor(f): 9:08am On Jan 06
Really?
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by bonnyhope: 9:17am On Jan 06
Shimbo96:
like your opinion really matter? No wonder DStv dey treat una anyhow 😏😏

That guy might not even afford dstv

It is just the social media bragging
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by bonnyhope: 9:20am On Jan 06
Hartman11:

Download their app and watch with ur phone anywhere anytime

Good point
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ivandragon: 9:48am On Jan 06
Gboss247:
Wait, where you expecting Multichoice to keep their prices stagnant when naira is loosing value?

Please, read my comment again and ask questions on what I posted and not what you assumed.

My comment was on exclusive broadcasts of sports events not on pricing.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Princedapace(m): 9:58am On Jan 06
ogashman:
Dstv are business minded. They knew that afcon hardly get reasonable viewership like euros and others that's why they ain't showing it.

They might not be able to recoup their investment if they had bought the rights

Go and read, u wont hear. Black man, his biggest problem is reading. U just sit ur ass in ur house and type rubbish and some m$d people follow u to like it.
The issue is that Multichoice wants exclusive rights so they can sell the broadcasting rights to others. But CAF refused, rather the deal was won by New World TV, a Togolese Media giants that won the bid to broadcast FIFA world cup too.
Now, any media house that wants to air the competition will have to go through New World TV in Togo. This kinda angered Multi choice as Multichoice see them selves as giant. Well, they are but competition in Africa is good for media rights too.
And Multichoice is seeing fire now and are currently discussing with New World TV for possible sub lisencing.
Pls, that u dont watch African football in Nigeria does not mean that many African countries dont watch it. There is mad followership of African football in South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Kenya, Tanzania, the list goes on. These countries have serious clubs cimpetiting in Caf competitions with mad followerships and viewership. No wonder FIFA recently introducde a new competition they are backing and sponsoring for Top African clubs.
Read, I dont like people who dont read. They are danger to the society as they mis-inform the public. Nigeria will never get better with people like you allowed to use the internet.
Go here and read more about this development:
https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-why-multichoice-lost-out-in-race-for-afcon-broadcast-rights#google_vignette
Multichoice wanted this badly

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by otokx(m): 10:18am On Jan 06
Princedapace:

Go and read, u wont hear. Black man, his biggest problem is reading. U just sit ur ass in ur house and type rubbish and some m$d people follow u to like it.
The issue is that Multichoice wants exclusive rights so they can sell the broadcasting rights to others. But CAF refused, rather the deal was won by New World TV, a Togolese Media giants that won the bid to broadcast FIFA world cup too.
Now, any media house that wants to air the competition will have to go through New World TV in Togo. This kinda angered Multi choice as Multichoice see them selves as giant. Well, they are but competition in Africa is good for media rights too.
And Multichoice is seeing fire now and are currently discussing with New World TV for possible sub lisencing.
Pls, that u dont watch African football in Nigeria does not mean that many African countries dont watch it. There is mad followership of African football in South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Kenya, Tanzania, the list goes on. These countries have serious clubs cimpetiting in Caf competitions with mad followerships and viewership. No wonder FIFA recently introducde a new competition they are backing and sponsoring for Top African clubs.
Read, I dont like people who dont read. They are danger to the society as they mis-inform the public. Nigeria will never get better with people like you allowed to use the internet.
Go here and read more about this development:
https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-why-multichoice-lost-out-in-race-for-afcon-broadcast-rights#google_vignette
Multichoice wanted this badly

So you are saying MultiChoice may get a sub licence
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ogaontop(m): 10:22am On Jan 06
DavSagacity:

They just saved u from serious disappoinment because these current super eagles players one cannot bank on them . They will draw their first game and the permutations and combinations will start on how to qualify from the group
Hahaha, you know how it used to be.
Max second-round or quarter-final, they're off!!
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Princedapace(m): 10:25am On Jan 06
otokx:

So you are saying MultiChoice may get a sub licence

Yes, they are still negotiating with New World TV, if they both agree, they will get but the matter pained Multichoice. But CAF gave the full rights to all CAF competitions to New World TV.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by kabanayol9(m): 10:59am On Jan 06
Nah to go do subscription for startimes be that
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06
Kingray10:
Nice, DStv yanga too much.

Na one of DStv package u mention so grin grin
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Promise47(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06
Yes oh no be small Nigeria politicians are crazy
ufotunang:
...abi..to be watching the football match with 650 naira per litre of fuel for this hard economy no go easy ..oo πŸ™„
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by oluplus(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06
Sprints3:
better buy the dish and watch uncensored African channels on it airing latest netflix and African movies... Dey dull yourself... DSTV is utter garbage. Though startimes in times of sports is rubbish.

Please which dish/decoder are you referring to ? Would like to get it
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by busterr(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06
post=127801060:
Shame on DSTV...

On top all the more expensive fees they collect from darling Nigerians 😜

How is nlpolicewoman
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by femi4: 2:48pm On Jan 06
Tolujid:
Good one. Don't mind Dstv
And after Afcon, you go back to dstv
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Promise47(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06
My brother this we country ehn light matter it's getting out of hand through anyway naso we meet am Sha na so e be
ufotunang:
...abi..to be watching the football match with 650 naira per litre of fuel for this hard economy no go easy ..oo πŸ™„
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by haphizz57(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06
Startimes in 2023 with 1999 graphic
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Testimony1988(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06
Good news.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by BALLOSKI: 4:58am On Jan 07
Orathird:
So I just wasted money to upgrade my subscription
I was waiting to do mine when the afcon begins. Thank God I didn't do it. I got one FTA already.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by shagie07: 8:22am On Jan 07
Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4 - 2 Incredible Match | Salah 2 Goals Highlights 2023/2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptIct54-kM
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Sprints3: 11:40am On Jan 07
oluplus:

Please which dish/decoder are you referring to ? Would like to get it
startimes DTH not DTT don't buy DTT

1 Like

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by henry4govt: 8:04pm On Jan 09
Dm me for IPTV subscription if you want to watch Afcon. You need a good Internet connection and either a smart tv, smartphone, laptop, tablet and any streaming device to access it. I can set up iptv subscription for you. $60 a year is the fee I charge for the subscription. Trial available too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guardiola Likely To Remain At Manchester City Even If Their UEFA Ban Is Upheld / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Kidnapped Christian Obodo Freed By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.