Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live (14597 Views)

"No Gree For Anybody": Multichoice Makes U-turn, To air All AFCON Matches live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Didijiji: 5:37am On Jan 06
post=127801060:
Shame on DSTV...

On top all the more expensive fees they collect from darling Nigerians 😜
darling daddyist

Where is that your stewpid image of Buhari washing Nigeria to its current state of destruction?

5 Likes

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Didijiji: 5:38am On Jan 06
post=127801058:
Very Good Development πŸ‘
darling daddy

Vex just Dey catch me whenever I see your moniker

Buhari don finish to Dey wash Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by IMPARTIAL: 5:51am On Jan 06
So, will NTA, AIT and Silverbird etc show the matches?
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Bluntemperor: 5:55am On Jan 06
Tolujid:
Good one. Don't mind Dstv

So,since majority of Nigerians are adapted to Go-TV and DStv,yet they wouldn't show it,it's better the govt do away with them!
It's impunity for these South-Africa companies to be taking Nigeria for a ride e g.they discriminately increase and jacked up prices and are not ready to listen to govt Official - that is arrant Nonsense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Rainbow10: 5:58am On Jan 06
Will STRONG air it
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ivandragon: 6:05am On Jan 06
So, will Startimes grant sub-licenses to other satellite TV providers?

It is interesting because startimes and others have always accused dstv of exclusivity of sports programmes, so will startimes show the way or will they eat thier 'words'?
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by CooldipoMPS: 6:06am On Jan 06
Congratulations to them!
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Sprints3: 6:13am On Jan 06
ekelebeXstunner:
Startimes? That’s for children on Nairaland. I’ll rather go without TV than subscribe to that rubbish.
better buy the dish and watch uncensored African channels on it airing latest netflix and African movies... Dey dull yourself... DSTV is utter garbage. Though startimes in times of sports is rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Sprints3: 6:14am On Jan 06
Rainbow10:
Will STRONG air it
yes, if u then your decoder towards east you will view mashango channels like LC2 na Portuguese commentary u go hear... AMD the channel quality be like AIT u go manage am

1 Like

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by firearcher: 6:16am On Jan 06
Hmm last time something like this happened btw DSTV and HiTV, the latter bungled the opportunity bicos of poor facilities, infrastructure and management.

Na viewers, backed by DSTV come dey sign petition that the English premiership TV right should not be renewed for HiTV by the English FA after expiration.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Connected1: 6:22am On Jan 06
ekelebeXstunner:
Startimes? That’s for children on Nairaland. I’ll rather go without TV than subscribe to that rubbish.
Go on without Tv, make we hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Connected1: 6:23am On Jan 06
ogashman:
Dstv are business minded. They knew that afcon hardly get reasonable viewership like euros and others that's why they ain't showing it.

They might not be able to recoup their investment if they had bought the rights
Trying so hard to justify rubbish πŸ˜‚
Be like who dae justify Tinubu and APC.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Hartman11: 6:50am On Jan 06
KarlWest:
Amazing... Now I can watch if only electricity is stable. God of Nigeria
Download their app and watch with ur phone anywhere anytime

1 Like

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Ekitibiased(m): 7:02am On Jan 06
Login to the app or website and downgrade with ease

Orathird:
So I just wasted money to upgrade my subscription
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by FireUpNow(m): 7:21am On Jan 06
Don't really have the interest for watching the SE again. Their play is not encouraging

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Exceed15: 7:25am On Jan 06
Samakus:
Anytime I see Startimes, I remember NTA

Both seem unserious and lacks innovation

Exactly.. I don't want have anything to do with NTA
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Exceed15: 7:27am On Jan 06
Didijiji:
darling daddyist

Where is that your stewpid image of Buhari washing Nigeria to its current state of destroying?
LOOOOOL
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ThatCEO: 7:31am On Jan 06
ogashman:
Dstv are business minded. They knew that afcon hardly get reasonable viewership like euros and others that's why they ain't showing it.

If AFCON doesn't get as much viewership as Euro, I beg it doesn't cost as much either.

And no be everything you do is because of money, you do it to retain market share.

Them don play DStv fast one somewhere. Na F up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:41am On Jan 06
Ireportlive:
Chai!!
eka rooo okomi 😍
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Nahunger(m): 7:41am On Jan 06
Samakus:

What better way to put it..

They still show movies of 1602 and 1465
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Mirasteel: 7:52am On Jan 06
Samakus:

I thought I was the only one. cheesy
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Bintasukai: 7:52am On Jan 06
Orathird:
So I just wasted money to upgrade my subscription

You dint waste money o. You now have an upgraded subscription
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ufotunang: 7:58am On Jan 06
DSTV has disappointed a lot of nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ufotunang: 8:01am On Jan 06
Promise47:
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ light no dy to watch am
...abi..to be watching the football match with 650 naira per litre of fuel for this hard economy no go easy ..oo πŸ™„
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ufotunang: 8:05am On Jan 06
ogashman:

..yes they said the money CAF charged them to get the right was too high..that if they pay to get the rights with that high amount charged on them to get the rights to show the afcon matches they will have to increase the subscription fees from DStv subscribers....which they do not want to do that
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gboss247(m): 8:08am On Jan 06
Kingray10:
Nice, DStv yanga too much.
Startimes will yanga billion of dollars from 200million Nigerians to China.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by ufotunang: 8:11am On Jan 06
KarlWest:
Amazing... Now I can watch if only electricity is stable. God of Nigeria
..so you have to start to do 30 days fasting and prayers for electricity to be stable πŸ™„
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gboss247(m): 8:12am On Jan 06
post=127801060:
Shame on DSTV...

On top all the more expensive fees they collect from darling Nigerians 😜
rather shame on you, sending billions of dollars to South Africa, France and American to watch DSTV and even borrowed the dollars to do so.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gboss247(m): 8:15am On Jan 06
Resetinc:
DSTV is useless, even BeinSports and Canal sports have more global sports coverage than dstv, imagine the CAF award ceremony was not shown on any dstv channels…
So people just subscribe N28,500 a month to watch useless crime & cheaters documentaries and outdated judge Judy program??
Anyway I don’t blame them, na NTA that claim to be largest TV network in Africa but it’s citizens are paying a foreign company to watch their own football leagues..
If NTA know what they are doing by now dstv should have been sent back to soweto where they come from … … Nonsense!!
Did DSTV point a gun at your head to buy their decoders and satellites dish or to keep subscribing it?
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gboss247(m): 8:26am On Jan 06
ogashman:

I think new New World TV bought all the Broadcasting Right.
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by Gboss247(m): 8:29am On Jan 06
ivandragon:
So, will Startimes grant sub-licenses to other satellite TV providers?

It is interesting because startimes and others have always accused dstv of exclusivity of sports programmes, so will startimes show the way or will they eat thier 'words'?
Wait, where you expecting Multichoice to keep their prices stagnant when naira is loosing value?
Re: Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live by TollinsN: 8:35am On Jan 06
ogashman:

DSTV actually bid for the rights to air the competition but lost it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Suspend Four Fans After Sterling Racial Abuse Row / Nasarawa United Ends Kano Pillars 201 Games Unbeaten Home NPFL Record / The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.