Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria (18226 Views)

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy / Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure / WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Trophy12: 11:09am On Jan 06
Elsudani2:

Thunder go fire paropet Mohamed machine SAW
I just pray u don't die untimely death ☠️
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Bendeco2020: 11:10am On Jan 06
Elsudani2:

Sharap

Almajiri

Mugu

Trying to copy everything

Is Nigeria in the same level with those developed nations?

Even developed nations don't take all exams via cbt

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:10am On Jan 06
PriceActionZ:

Lolz. I am being sarcastic.
πŸ‘
Hahahaha πŸ˜‚
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by donmik: 11:12am On Jan 06
Nigerians fear transparent exam so much cos they are lazy in studying in earnest.

Backwardness and slavery...

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Elemosho478: 11:13am On Jan 06
koondog:
Even Yorubaas too. Based on WAEC results in recent years, they are not far from Northerners. Evidenced in how both of them vote failures.

Which WAEC results in recent years ?

Yoruba have always have the highest numbers of students that passed WAEC every year.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by donmik: 11:13am On Jan 06
AchrafHakimi:

So you don't know you can type in CBT?
You must be one of the almajiris they are trying so hard to protect.

The only thing I think CBT can't do is solving maths step by step but I'm sure it exists somewhere.

With advanced knowledge of applications, acquitances and sufficient time
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Bendeco2020: 11:14am On Jan 06
AchrafHakimi:

If JAMB did, why not WAEC?
You don't even understand the point

It takes jamb minimum of 2 weeks to conclude the exam with less candidates that takes 4 subjects.

How many month will WAEC use to conclude the exam with much candidates and 8/9 subjects?

If WAEC uses CBT, they will end up taking one subject for five days.

I know it won't work sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Entusky(m): 11:14am On Jan 06
Northen students wey staff and corp members dey write answers for chalkboard for dem during waec. Na y all those northerners wey full police and armed forces no sabi anytin cus di results na help dem help dem write am.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by femi4: 11:18am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:
WAEC: Computer-based test will led to mass failure in Northern Nigeria – Forum

Daily Post
They should invest their time in learning other stuff other than Quran. Always having excuses bla bla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Faposky95: 11:19am On Jan 06
I laugh.....
When we in the south know that we know.....and the North remix with their one way thinking.......
Let it show and let it flow....
Enough with all these quota stuff.
Na to do their own for them
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Cryofigbos: 11:20am On Jan 06
koondog:
Even Yorubaas too. Based on WAEC results in recent years, they are not far from Northerners. Evidenced in how both of them vote failures.

U sef talk am u come use dog describe yourself πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Teymanhenry(f): 11:22am On Jan 06
The North needs to catch up or get left behind. They produce the highest numbers of political leaders after all. Hence the need for them to put more efforts to becoming more and better educated
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Sublimesuccess: 11:24am On Jan 06
MrProlific95:
This is a subjective argument by the loquacious Yerima

NB: Why will WAEC want to adopt CBT for its exam, what happens to the theory aspect of the exam?

The theory questions will still be uploaded while students watch. They will their questions on the screen and answer on the paper given to candidates. Candidates will not leave with anything from the hall.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by emmyN(m): 11:25am On Jan 06
tommy589:
Considering electric power too, many rural areas don't have electricity

There is barely any CBT center that relies on power from the national grid when conducting exams, so this is no excuse.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by kunle75(m): 11:25am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:

Daily Post

Werey people from that side of Nigeria
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Mosba: 11:26am On Jan 06
One country different standard.
We've been struggling with Bokoharam for long, let's hope we don't find ourselves struggling with computer Haram too
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by eteebanky1: 11:26am On Jan 06
Shame on this arewa people sha

In 21st century, see what they're talking about

Tweh
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Bluntemperor: 11:31am On Jan 06
atiku4President:
Does it mean Nigeria's development and advancement will continue to wait for the North?

You see these are same People deceiving the Northerners - like this Yerima, Ango ,the others who are Terroriststs Negotiators,just to deceive the Northerners!
He did not reject the Quarterly NBILLIONS Federal Govt Federal Money, or Palliatives!
- He did not complain that because Zanfara is a small Population,they should not allocate equal Senatorial seats,nor the House of Representatives allocation!
Nigerians have seen a lot of Deceitfulness in this call.
Remember what Mallam Adamu - the Former Buhari Education Minister-told Nigerians then!
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by kunle75(m): 11:32am On Jan 06
Bendeco2020:

Mugu

Trying to copy everything

Is Nigeria in the same level with those developed nations?

Even developed nations don't take all exams via cbt

Don't say what you don't know please.

Except class test or task most schools here aren't dealing with papers anymore.
Infact most of the things you doing are on D2L or any other software like CDX etc.
Let's encourage the north to catch up instead of giving excuses.
They been dragging the entire nation education down for long bro. Am not saying they're all illiterate but majority are, which is sad, the elite in the northern region should do more to encourage such development.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by onuman: 11:36am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:

Daily Post
Arewa can tell Nigeria that use of electricity is haram. And Nigeria's government agrees.

And to think that WAEC shall listen to this person, and consider his demand..
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Racoon(m): 11:37am On Jan 06
PriceActionZ:
But they can use technology to rig elections and it worked for them. No be same computer dem dey use? Fg should never back down. What is good for me is good for all. No one should hold the country to ransom because of their backwardness. They should upgrade or face the consequences. No more quota system.
You said my mind sir. Thanks

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by justmondris: 11:41am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:

Daily Post

Maybe the current set in the north should skip WAEC this year and their state government should make provision for computer training for them.
The truth of the matter is not that they will fail and it's not because they don't know how to use a computer but because they are so used to writing answers on the board for them during exams. If you have ever been to a northern school during the SSCE exam, you will know that this is the standard for all of schools. If I may ask, are they not using CBT for JAMZ?
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by onuman: 11:43am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

so, because you feel that technology is not familiar with Northerners, that other Nigerians should adapt to your backwardness? why calling for computer-based-test for waec to be cancelled?

North Nigeria be dragging southern Nigeria back to the ice age.

It's Yoruba versus Igbo disagreement that's dragging back every group in Nigeria.

The 12 sharia states of northern Nigeria urinated on Nigeria's Constitution by adopting unconstitutional Islamic sharia CRIMINAL JUSTICE system begging 1999.
The sharia states clearly cut out a new country for the sharia states but clutch tight to one Nigeria because of lucre in the south.

Yoruba and Igbo people distrust on one another would not enable the Yoruba and the Igbo pull out from Nigeria and let the Arewa sharia states have their Arewa Islamic Republic.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by richiemcgold: 11:45am On Jan 06
Trophy12:
they fool yourself , am pretty sure if then give u waec now for you to write. Honestly u won't have up to 3credits. The rest u go just fail am . Almost all Nigerians make use of miracles center even me too, those questions are as tough as hell. grin
There was no miracle center in my time. I'm not a member of your indomie generation. I wrote WAEC GCE over 30 years ago. Not everybody you see on nairaland are kids like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by chukwuoke(m): 11:47am On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:

Daily Post

Upon the presidents and vice and NNPCL chairman, Dangote among riches in Africa, Bua is there, all the important agencies in Nigeria una they heard every thing yet you are still talking nonsense hear. Any thing one is doing that is not clean will obviously bear bad fruits. All of these northerners anything you want is with absolutely force. See you guys are killing and destroying people in the south and middle belts. Shettima will come out to say nonsense. Is it not same people or students who will go and vote massively during national elections? Abeg spare us the trash above and let the country move,thieves.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Tsolutionifede(m): 11:48am On Jan 06
koondog:
stop hating on Yoruba because of Tinubu, I hate peter obi too, but I have many friends that are igbos and I cherish them
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by benjaminlawson(m): 11:55am On Jan 06
The problem of North is the people like shettima who are advocating for Northern students as if he loves them, they only keep these innocent children in this condition of educated illiteracy to exploit them, why cant they say this to Jamb when they introduce it. Student are sent to school to learn, why cant they teach them and make sure they are up to require standard. When they introduce GSM, they are able to cope and use it, ATM of bank they are able to cope even the illiterate that has never been to school use them. Is it not the same allocation being given to other state were given to them too why is that other state are developing their own state educationally and northern states failed in this responsibility? But this man that is claiming he is fighting for northern students, let him show us his children, the level of their computer literacy can hardly be beaten by any student from any where, they deprive these youths their legitimate right and they will then fight hypocritically for them as if they love them, but their own children are enjoying all these benefits.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by spiralwedge(m): 11:56am On Jan 06
So because of that the whole of West Africa should stay backwards
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Trophy12: 11:59am On Jan 06
richiemcgold:

There was no miracle center in my time. I'm not a member of your indomie generation. I wrote WAEC GCE over 30 years ago. Not everybody you see on nairaland are kids like you.
back then where good and professional teachers, not like teachers we have now , 85 percent of them are just quack teachers.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by qanda: 12:02pm On Jan 06
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by atobs4real(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

so, because you feel that technology is not familiar with Northerners, that other Nigerians should adapt to your backwardness? why calling for computer-based-test for waec to be cancelled?

North Nigeria be dragging southern Nigeria back to the ice age.
Northerners are really pulling us back in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria: 118 Students Graduate From Unilag With First Class Honours / 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB / FG Requests CONUA Members’ Details For Salary Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.