Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria (18224 Views)

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy / Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure / WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Oteke(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06
Are the northern students willing to learn?

If Nigeria continue to listen to northerners, we will continue to be backwards.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by gabbasin: 2:47pm On Jan 06
koondog:
Even Yorubaas too. Based on WAEC results in recent years, they are not far from Northerners. Evidenced in how both of them vote failures.
even you guys that don't vote failures, we can see how you troop to regions that vote wrongly for a better life. If you guys have not been voting failures, your region would have been like Dubai right now, but no it's that Yoruba region that vote failures you all troop to for greener pastures
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Jewessgratitud3: 2:47pm On Jan 06
okoroemeka:
your major concern is correct English spelling while important critical issues like the post above is simmering

Don't you know a single error in grammar can cause confusion and send a wrong message?
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by primeache: 2:48pm On Jan 06
The Mass failure part is a fallacy or a gimmick.

Northern Nigeria that have many of the best technology institutions.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by damkin24(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06
koondog:
Even Yorubaas too. Based on WAEC results in recent years, they are not far from Northerners. Evidenced in how both of them vote failures.
It will take the second coming of Jesus Christ for you to get normal again

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by sulaak(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

so, because you feel that technology is not familiar with Northerners, that other Nigerians should adapt to your backwardness? why calling for computer-based-test for waec to be cancelled?

North Nigeria be dragging southern Nigeria back to the ice age.

Can we first understand and review some of his points regarding insufficient facilities or network failure? Nigeria has only 11 data centres all of them based in the south of Nigeria. Nigeria's telecom infrastructure is highly inadequate. I support the process of using CBT for WAEC exam but can the authority cover the entire country

He noted that many students who failed the CBT-based JAMB exams last year argued that it was owing to systemic failures, including insufficient facilities or network failure during the exams.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Zico5(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06
koondog:
Yoruba is more educated and sound than your so called region. Yoruba lead the way in every area. Just responding to ur tribalistic comments
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 3:36pm On Jan 06
richiemcgold:
I dey shame for this folks.

In this 21st century?

Is this how we want to rub shoulders with advanced nations of this world?

I keep saying it; the best way to curb examination malpractice and miracle centers in Nigeria is to totally shift from paper-based exams to 100% computer based (this should apply to both internal & external exams).
CCTV should also be installed in all exam halls and centers with neutral supervisors monitoring everything from a control room.

Yes, just like VAR.

There was no miracle center in my time. I'm not a member of your indomie generation. I wrote WAEC GCE over 30 years ago. Not everybody you see on nairaland are kids like you.

I tell you for free that even 30 years ago, there WERE "miracle centres" for writing WAEC.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 3:37pm On Jan 06
Elxandre:
How do they intend to do the theory on cbt too?

Is that impossible?
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 3:38pm On Jan 06
MrProlific95:
This is a subjective argument by the loquacious Yerima

NB: Why will WAEC want to adopt CBT for its exam, what happens to the theory aspect of the exam?

Theory exams can also be done as CBT.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by gidjah(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06
Bitterkolasweet:
Wahala.
The abdulahi adamu e libray in keffi barely functions.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.
You reside at NASS ??
If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account and post my details online.

It's a permanet cure and not an aphrodisiac.
It's 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by jclassiq(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06
Not my problem.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Jkilo: 4:08pm On Jan 06
So are we then to halt our progress as a nation because one part of the country is unprepared to accept growth and progress? I have never seen an ethnic group that is as comfortable with primitivity, poverty and oppression like the northern peope. Tueh!
North is and will remain the only problem we have in this country. When they discovered that if they were to use merit, hardly will any northern person get a job over other areas in the country, they quickly introduced the quota system. An average Northern individual would rather bend all the rules to get something than subjecting himself to paying the price. Tueh!
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Mrpojj(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

so, because you feel that technology is not familiar with Northerners, that other Nigerians should adapt to your backwardness? why calling for computer-based-test for waec to be cancelled?

What do you expect from people who want to continue roaming cities with cattles in the 21st century

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Elsudani2: 6:49pm On Jan 06
Trophy12:
I just pray u don't die untimely death ☠️

Thunder fire the pedophile mad prophet.

Taqyia sink you too
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by khattab02: 6:57pm On Jan 06
Hahaha... I dey laff.

E go spoil business for many people oo..

I know schools if no be waec.. forget dem oo

A teacher go solve,dem go give am 1k like say he dey do Dem favor.

Later dem go say abi he want make the school go out of business.

It is what it is.. no be only North go hear am
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by adaugo59216: 7:36pm On Jan 06
Exactly! Yerima should answer that question please Exactly! Yerima should answer that question please ...
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by yakson84(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06
Am a northerner but i totally disagree with this. This is information age. Forward ever and backward never.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06
airsaylongcome:

Is that impossible?
I'm considering subjects like mathematics, or technical drawing etc.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by God2man2again(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06
They should also put Cameras in the CBT centres.

We move.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by drmuchin: 9:04pm On Jan 06
Arewa parasites
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:21pm On Jan 06
Elxandre:

I'm considering subjects like mathematics, or technical drawing etc.

And those can't be done with CBT? Mathematics at least?
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 10:58pm On Jan 06
tommy589:
Considering electric power too, many rural areas don't have electricity
how do they participate in jamb because waec is just trying to emulate jamb processes.

Or they dont participate shocked

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by sumboty: 11:42pm On Jan 06
You dey mind them, giving useless excuses
They all have being participating in JAMB CBT exam for the past 8 years, no issue of Light, or how will they write Mathematics, most Uni make use of CBT for their internal Exams....

I just believe that most Nigerians are retarded, they don't want change or anything the progresses forward, they just want things to remain the way they are.

NIGERDELTAIDOL:
how do they participate in jamb because waec is just trying to emulate jamb processes.

Or they dont participate shocked

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by gaskiyamagana: 12:05am On Jan 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Please correct the grammar in your caption and body of post. It's "will lead" not. " will led"
Its likely to be typing error.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by mekus4action: 3:08am On Jan 07
They should use cbt app to practice. thats all
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by melaxy: 3:28am On Jan 07
E reach to ask. I recommend study app
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by nedekid: 5:15am On Jan 07
atiku4President:
Does it mean Nigeria's development and advancement will continue to wait for the North?
Yes naa, don't know know before.
Abi haven't you heard of quota system where someone needs to score only 6 and gain admission into unity school while another that scores 150 is denied a slot?
The earlier you know "Nigeria is not for deziani, Goodluck Jonathan, Charlie boy, David west, alhaji dokubo Asari, the better for everyone".

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Friend22(m): 6:53am On Jan 07
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

He clearly stated why he or they felt CBT will not be favourable to the north because of the unfamiliar nature of the exam format.
I guess everyone from your region can boast of using CBT without complaints.

Let's endeavour to read the contents with comprehension not everything we read needs clap back
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by Decarbonisation: 9:23am On Jan 07
So be it!
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by sweetgala(m): 12:39pm On Jan 07
Across the whole of Nigeria forget just northern Nigeria. How many Nigerian children are computer litterate ? I'd put that number at less than 40% across the nation.
Re: WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria by alna: 4:22pm On Jan 07
Upon the the power in the north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Agbami Parties Donates Classrooms To Community Model High School, Isieke Umuahia / Nigeria: 118 Students Graduate From Unilag With First Class Honours / 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.