Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer (19853 Views)

N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors / FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide / Buhari Halts $418 Million Payment To Consultants On Paris Club Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by bitbillionaire: 8:24am On Jan 07
Mr. man, we should always learn to see things OBJECTIVELY just exactly as they are without colouring it with emotions, sentiment, and fantasy.

The assassin example you are giving has no connection with this matter. They are two different things with completely different nature, circumstances.and motives. Even at that, I hope you know there is a difference between attempted murder and actually committing murder. The law treats the two differently. Then again, your example is unrelated to Edu's case here.

So what exactly is the false accusation?

The false accusation is the claim that money meant for Vulnerable people in some states was already payed either directly by her or through her instruction into a private bank account of someone with a motive to embezzle it. But the Accountant-general has just debunked such claim.

I quote you again below:
Whether the instruction was followed is IRRELEVANT in law if the instruction is criminal ...bla bla bla

My question is which part of the law criminalises the instruction she gave, especially considering the fact that she clearly stated what the fund was meant for on the memo? It is the actual payment of public fund into private account that the law forbids.

Although her case could be treated as attempted fraud; but before we reach such conclusion the circumstances that led her into giving such instruction need to be thoroughly investigated. Was she obeying an order from above? Was she misled by some senior civil servants in her ministry into sending such instruction? Did she actually have an ulterior motive or she was just being naive and ignorant? More thorough investigation need to be carried out to clarify all these questions before we can decide wether to crucify her or not.

On the issue of Mamman Vatsa's execution 'for planning a coup' according to you, do I need to remind you that we are in a democracy not military dictatorship?

From the above analysis, isn't it obvious that you are the one not making sense here?

aribisala0:

You are not making sense
If a person phones an assassin to kill somebody and the assassin decided not to do it
That means that the person is being FALSELY and UNFAIRLY accused? That is YOUR logic

It sounds senseles

Factually The woman has confirmed she did give that instruction

So what exactly is the false accusation

Whether the instruction was followed is IRRELEVANT in law if the instruction is criminal . What matters is the concept of MENS REA

In the 80ds Mamman Vatsa was executed for PLANNING a coup he did not execute or even attempt it .

What you are saying is unreasonable and it stinks
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Lamasta(m): 8:29am On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
Wike, Umahi, Tunji-ojo, you've got to watch your back. Opposition is never happy seeing you deliver creditably, they try every ways possible to throw the spanner in the wheels. Since Betta took over, she has opened up various programmes, added more beneficiaries into the welfare packages, more impressively is the introduction of retired security personnels, widows of gallant soldiers who died on the field, including previously neglected soldiers whose limps were lost in battle, giving them a new lease of life. My advice to the opposition is, let people work and stop the distractions. Sponsoring media propaganda against top notch performers is a poor tactics and a wrong use of money. Betta is a moving train.
We should continue to support her until she transfers the budget of the ministry which is Nigeria's money to a private account abi

Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Chizy12345: 9:05am On Jan 07
i remember former speaker from the same state. just like this no difference
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Fibonacci88: 9:34am On Jan 07
So ppl are expecting Tinubu a known thief and certificate forger to sack or investigate Betta Edu.
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Decarbonisation: 10:11am On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
Wike, Umahi, Tunji-ojo, you've got to watch your back. Opposition is never happy seeing you deliver creditably, they try every ways possible to throw the spanner in the wheels. Since Betta took over, she has opened up various programmes, added more beneficiaries into the welfare packages, more impressively is the introduction of retired security personnels, widows of gallant soldiers who died on the field, including previously neglected soldiers whose limps were lost in battle, giving them a new lease of life. My advice to the opposition is, let people work and stop the distractions. Sponsoring media propaganda against top notch performers is a poor tactics and a wrong use of money. Betta is a moving train.

Get fu...cking lost you deplorable as...shole spitting nonsense!
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by hiyagroundz: 10:14am On Jan 07
Northern agenda to discredit able, intelligent and scholarly Edu after the crooked and unjustified thiefery of Sadiya and Buhari' revelation. She made a mistake, probably after advice from Sadiya veiled lieutenants in the ministry and the accountant general corrected it by not approving it, yet they leaked the memo, SABOTEURS
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:15am On Jan 07
lexy2014:

how is this issue "politically orchestrated"?

who orchestrated it?

how is she up and doing in her field?

according to you "i don decide say Naija Politics matter no go see my attention collect dis Year! GodFooorrbbbiiiiid!" but the same you is saying "Well am not surprised, considering d bunch of Crâzy-Criminals, greedy fòols circle-rotating in d system... anti-progress of d society; elites making moves @ d detriment of d public".

how did you arrive at your conclusion?

Modified: Was d quote @ bolded necessary?, like u were trying to draw me to correction... Ogbeni I deliberately typed "Orchestratized" m not a low brain 🧠
U know, some words just hit differently when u use dem in an informal or lemme say offbeat way

U ask me "how is she up & doing in her field", well to answer ur question bro, i don't know much about her, i haven't read-up on her....
I sincerely can't vouch for her integrity.
But judging by d outcome of tinz in dis country being played out b4 our eyes; d MiniMiniManimO Abracadabra of d Judiciary System.... nothing wey dey wan tell me again jareh!

I wish I can talk more bro, like stretch more, but bro i have other pressing tinz @ hand to do right now

Well lastly u asked how i arrived @ a conclusion,
Bro I just typed out what i wanted to; d Political structure in d country is so annoying.... well maybe u got me there shaa, being honest

And going 4ward, i promise to ignore more of dis Politics matter & some other irrelevant news, cos plain seriously they don't have positive significance on us.
Dis year i want to learn an online skill,
Take my Piano lesson seriously,
Edit more contents (my bizz ad)... push on social platforms,
Enrol for an Online Course (open university)
& So on & so forth bro etc

Neva let Nigeria happen to u bro

Bye
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by lexy2014: 10:29am On Jan 07
Loverboi2cute:

Was d quote @ bolded necessary?, like u were trying to draw me to correction... Ogbeni I deliberately typed "Orchestratized" m not a low brain 🧠
U know, some words just hit differently when u use dem in an informal or lemme say offbeat way

U ask me "how is she up & doing in her field", well to answer ur question bro, i don't know much about her, i haven't read-up on her....
I sincerely can't vouch for her integrity.
But judging by d outcome of tinz in dis country being played out b4 our eyes; d MiniMiniManimO Abracadabra of d Judiciary System.... nothing wey dey wan tell me again jareh!

I wish I can talk more bro, like stretch more, but bro i have other pressing tinz @ hand to do right now

Well lastly u asked how i arrived @ a conclusion,
Bro I just typed out what i wanted to; d Political structure in d country is so annoying

Bye

that is not what I asked you.
1. how is this issue "politically orchestrated"?

2. who orchestrated it?

3. how is she up and doing in her field?

4. according to you "i don decide say Naija Politics matter no go see my attention collect dis Year! GodFooorrbbbiiiiid!" but the same you is saying "Well am not surprised, considering d bunch of Crâzy-Criminals, greedy fòols circle-rotating in d system... anti-progress of d society; elites making moves @ d detriment of d public".

5. if you say you dont know much about her, how then do you know that she is up and doing in her field and delivering?
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:34am On Jan 07
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.
1. how is this issue "politically orchestrated"?

2. who orchestrated it?

3. how is she up and doing in her field?

4. according to you "i don decide say Naija Politics matter no go see my attention collect dis Year! GodFooorrbbbiiiiid!" but the same you is saying "Well am not surprised, considering d bunch of Crâzy-Criminals, greedy fòols circle-rotating in d system... anti-progress of d society; elites making moves @ d detriment of d public".

5. if you say you dont know much about her, how then do you know that she is up and doing in her field and delivering?

Am tired bro
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:35am On Jan 07
I actually modified my stuff up there
Happy Sunday Man
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by homiben(m): 10:56am On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
My people! My people!! Fellow citizens! It's crucial to distinguish a functional government from one solely focused on redistributing funds. Expand the list of beneficiaries, ensuring equitable distribution, but remember, mere sharing doesn't constitute a development plan. Let's refrain from applauding a system that perpetuates dependency. Soon, we might find ourselves praising a government for distributing basic necessities. May our people be liberated from this mindset. Me I no know o!!!
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by 9japride(m): 10:59am On Jan 07
Why are people disturbing everyone with all these unnecessary distractions?
When it's time to elect people that are willing to work, the best ones will be rejected because of tribalism and religion. Then, after election they start praying for a better leader and asking irrelevant questions.
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by mxsasewew: 11:41am On Jan 07
Verified PayPal And Payoneer Account For 7K Only.

LEGIT PAYPAL FUNDS FOR 1000Naira PER $... Escrow can come in or one on one deal

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT.

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number

Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by merits(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Gajagojo: 12:40pm On Jan 07
poseidon12:

You are asking needless questions. There is no confusion about what is public or private account and I am sure you know that. The law is also not ambiguous. What just happened is barefaced fraud. Don't try to get clever with us.

Shut up your brainless mouth
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by aribisala0(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07
bitbillionaire:

So what exactly is the false accusation?

The false accusation is the claim that money meant for Vulnerable people in some states was already payed either directly by her or through her instruction into a private bank account of someone with a motive to embezzle it. But the Accountant-general has just debunked such claim.

Who made this claim? Name

Where? Forum
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by jaytee01(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
Sharrap dere!
What is propaganda? Are you blind to see that she committed an offence under the Financial Regulations Act and she has even admitted it.
That is how kriminals like you defended the supporter of APC Bigot who styled himself " Mai Gaskyia" until still you morons now exposed the fact that he looted Nigeria more than Abacha!
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by Jking20(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07
Corruption and Nigerian ministers na 5&6
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by ItswellMike: 5:14pm On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
Top notch indeed...
Hahahaha 😂
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by LegacyB: 6:05pm On Jan 07
PressMyButton:
As a Tinubu voter and campaigner I am ashamed of your write up.To think you believe and respect what jargons you wrote here is even more appalling. The question that should be asked is that was the act committed or not . Not all this Long and useless epistle.
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by BALLOSKI: 4:13am On Jan 08
PressMyButton:
But no be opposition tell her to order payment into private account na
Re: N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer by BALLOSKI: 4:14am On Jan 08
Vanpascore:
We knew initially that the money will be squandered. I will never support the idea of money sharing by a government, instead, use the money to subsidize food items.
they'll find a way to meet the food vendors and collect the money back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Young Nigerians, Professionals Can Get Jobs – Fashola / UK returns £70m to Nigeria / Tinubu Pays Condolence Visit To The Families Of Late Hon. Olawale In Mushin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.