Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike (528 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Wike Defies Threats, Lands In Port Harcourt / Rivers Crisis: Wike Has Failed As Second Most Prominent Politician - Laolu Akand / APC Crisis: We'll Lose 2023 Presidential Poll If... - Chairman Adamu Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by saintopus(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Nyesom Wike, has mended fences and realigned with his estranged friend and south-south chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Victor Giadom.
Wike, who was hosted by Giadom at his Bera country home in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers state on Saturday, January 6, said he was happy to be back to his friend.

Though the former Rivers governor described the event as a private visit devoid of politics, it reinforced speculations that Wike was preparing the ground to defect to the APC and lead a solid team to support President Bola Tinubu.

The event attracted serving senators and members of the House of Representatives from Rivers, leaders of APC and the PDP; two former chairmen of Rivers PDP, Felix Obuah and Amb. Desmond Akawor; Southsouth Chairman of PDP, Chief Dan Orbih; PDP National Secretary, Sam Anyanwu, traditional rulers, local government chairmen, youths and women among others.

Clarifying the purpose of his visit, Wike said: “I didn’t come here for politics. I came here to visit my friend, Giadom. Let nobody misinterprets why I came here. That is why I came with PDP and APC leaders. It is a private visit to my friend.”

Wike said Giadom only gathered his people to show he was still politically relevant, noting that politics was about making impact on the people.

Addressing Giadom, he said: “I have never been in doubt about your capacity to relate with your people. Politics is about impact. If you want to be a successful politician you must impact on your people so that when you call them they will answer you.”

Speaking about how people valued him across the country and how they always posed for pictures with him, Wike said it was a testament of his service to the people.

However, he said: “Forget about these hungry noisemakers on the road. When the time comes, we will know who is in charge and who is not in charge. There is a time for everything.

“This is not time for politics. When the time comes, we will know who is who. If you like abuse me as you want . If you like employ everybody on social media. I have never bothered myself one day to know who is abusing me. Politics will come. We didn’t contest election based on social media. We spoke to the people, they listened and believed in us”.

Speaking on his realignment with Giadom, he said: “Party will come and go and friendship will remain. We have made our mistakes, we are all humans but friendship remains.

Related Posts
Wike to Fubara: don’t pull down ladder you used in climbing
Wike will be sanctioned for anti-party actions, says PDP chairman
Rivers crisis: appreciate Tinubu for intervening – Wike
“When I was appointed a Minister, Victor Giadom led a team to congratulate me. It does not matter where you belong to what is important is the interest of Rivers. If you want to be a successful politician, greedy ones will not like you. Nobody has done well in politics without enemies. Those who hate you are in the minority. Those who love you are in the majority”.

Wike recalled his capacity when he held sway as the Rivers governor insisting that he would continue to support the administration of President Tinubu.

He said: “When I was governor, Nigeria heard about Rivers State. That is what I have always preached. So, nobody should be afraid. I have no regrets when I stood by with my colleagues and friends that the presidency must go to the south.

“There was nothing I was not offered. But I said no. That is why I will continue to support the government of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu. As I am going back home, I am going with the satisfaction that my friend is back.

Read Also: Court extends order restraining INEC, Rivers Assembly from declaring 27 pro-Wike lawmakers’ seats vacant
“This visit I came today will cause a lot of trouble. Some people will start visits now. Follow who knows road. Continue to support Victor and all your leaders who mean well for all of you.

“For the first time in the history, Ogoni man is the chairman of works. I am happy that Ledum Mitee is a member of the NNPCL. Let nobody do community problems. When you do that development will not come”.

Earlier, Giadom referred to Wike’s visit as homecoming of a brother, a friend and a leader and assured him that they would support a team he would lead in Rivers.

Giadom said: “Today is homecoming of a brother, a friend and a leader. I stand here on this ground to let you know that we have lived well, paid our dues and contributed to the development of this place.

“Be rest assured that we will support the team you will lead in Rivers to provide support for our President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is the main reason we are all here today. This place nobody can challenge any visitor on this soil. We are in firm control.

https://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-crisis-we-will-know-who-is-in-charge-when-time-comes-wike-says-realigns-with-giadom/
Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by Amotolongbo(f): 8:24pm On Jan 06
Continue the wrestling
Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by saintopus(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06
Your time is up Mr FCT Minister.

We'll see.😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by Xscape1993(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06
Wike Wike Wike....
Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by Jogs1900: 8:42pm On Jan 06
The soup they are cooking in Rivers state go sweet well well
Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by jkpbestseries: 8:43pm On Jan 06
Noise Maker

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by vanitybutiwanti: 8:57pm On Jan 06
jkpbestseries:
Noise Maker
The same noise he used to make sim governor?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by saintopus(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06
There was Odili and Amaechi were are they are today
Re: Rivers Crisis: We'll Know Who's In Charge- Wike by stan83: 10:56pm On Jan 06
saintopus:
there is this calmness about fubara I like and he doesn't talk much.

The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Nyesom Wike, has mended fences and realigned with his estranged friend and south-south chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Victor Giadom.
Wike, who was hosted by Giadom at his Bera country home in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers state on Saturday, January 6, said he was happy to be back to his friend.

Though the former Rivers governor described the event as a private visit devoid of politics, it reinforced speculations that Wike was preparing the ground to defect to the APC and lead a solid team to support President Bola Tinubu.

The event attracted serving senators and members of the House of Representatives from Rivers, leaders of APC and the PDP; two former chairmen of Rivers PDP, Felix Obuah and Amb. Desmond Akawor; Southsouth Chairman of PDP, Chief Dan Orbih; PDP National Secretary, Sam Anyanwu, traditional rulers, local government chairmen, youths and women among others.

Clarifying the purpose of his visit, Wike said: “I didn’t come here for politics. I came here to visit my friend, Giadom. Let nobody misinterprets why I came here. That is why I came with PDP and APC leaders. It is a private visit to my friend.”

Wike said Giadom only gathered his people to show he was still politically relevant, noting that politics was about making impact on the people.

Addressing Giadom, he said: “I have never been in doubt about your capacity to relate with your people. Politics is about impact. If you want to be a successful politician you must impact on your people so that when you call them they will answer you.”

Speaking about how people valued him across the country and how they always posed for pictures with him, Wike said it was a testament of his service to the people.

However, he said: “Forget about these hungry noisemakers on the road. When the time comes, we will know who is in charge and who is not in charge. There is a time for everything.

“This is not time for politics. When the time comes, we will know who is who. If you like abuse me as you want . If you like employ everybody on social media. I have never bothered myself one day to know who is abusing me. Politics will come. We didn’t contest election based on social media. We spoke to the people, they listened and believed in us”.

Speaking on his realignment with Giadom, he said: “Party will come and go and friendship will remain. We have made our mistakes, we are all humans but friendship remains.

Related Posts
Wike to Fubara: don’t pull down ladder you used in climbing
Wike will be sanctioned for anti-party actions, says PDP chairman
Rivers crisis: appreciate Tinubu for intervening – Wike
“When I was appointed a Minister, Victor Giadom led a team to congratulate me. It does not matter where you belong to what is important is the interest of Rivers. If you want to be a successful politician, greedy ones will not like you. Nobody has done well in politics without enemies. Those who hate you are in the minority. Those who love you are in the majority”.

Wike recalled his capacity when he held sway as the Rivers governor insisting that he would continue to support the administration of President Tinubu.

He said: “When I was governor, Nigeria heard about Rivers State. That is what I have always preached. So, nobody should be afraid. I have no regrets when I stood by with my colleagues and friends that the presidency must go to the south.

“There was nothing I was not offered. But I said no. That is why I will continue to support the government of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu. As I am going back home, I am going with the satisfaction that my friend is back.

Read Also: Court extends order restraining INEC, Rivers Assembly from declaring 27 pro-Wike lawmakers’ seats vacant
“This visit I came today will cause a lot of trouble. Some people will start visits now. Follow who knows road. Continue to support Victor and all your leaders who mean well for all of you.

“For the first time in the history, Ogoni man is the chairman of works. I am happy that Ledum Mitee is a member of the NNPCL. Let nobody do community problems. When you do that development will not come”.

Earlier, Giadom referred to Wike’s visit as homecoming of a brother, a friend and a leader and assured him that they would support a team he would lead in Rivers.

Giadom said: “Today is homecoming of a brother, a friend and a leader. I stand here on this ground to let you know that we have lived well, paid our dues and contributed to the development of this place.

“Be rest assured that we will support the team you will lead in Rivers to provide support for our President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is the main reason we are all here today. This place nobody can challenge any visitor on this soil. We are in firm control.

https://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-crisis-we-will-know-who-is-in-charge-when-time-comes-wike-says-realigns-with-giadom/

(1) (Reply)

Revolution Won't Favour Us Now. Let's Watch What Tinubu Have For Us / Sokoto Indigenes To Enjoy Bado 510 Housing Units / Don’t Use Islam For Violence, Students Warn Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.