Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

“We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman (48821 Views)

Expect Tough Decisions Soon – Wike Warns FCT Residents / 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot / President Buhari Visits APC Situation Room In Abuja. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by HelipsTech: 6:42pm On Jan 07
zoedew:

Typically abusive. So waxed gross and indecent you are. It beats me how folks like you lack the ability to conduct a discussion without doing gutter language. It might just be traceable to a lack of sound, prim and proper upbringing in life. It is not yet too late for you to amend your ways before you pass your present state to the generation coming after you in your loins.

U don't live in Rivers State, yet you are quick to throw jabs at CRA. Well, you asked where is CRA, I guess I answered you. Next time, don't speak what you have no knowledge about, all because you can put good grammars together. That's the reason I said you should shut up
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by Okhuadams(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07
ArinzeAnthony03:
A very useless man called wike
Mr usefullness.How useful are you
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by zoedew: 7:26pm On Jan 07
HelipsTech:

U don't live in Rivers State, yet you are quick to throw jabs at CRA. Well, you asked where is CRA, I guess I answered you. Next time, don't speak what you have no knowledge about, all because you can put good grammars together. That's the reason I said you should shut up
Your attempt at explaining away the abusive in your response is interesting. We will all do well to not forget that the world has since become a global village. The US Ambassador in Nigeria probably knows more than you do about goings on in Rivers State. Remember Wikileaks!🧐😊. So long my friend,
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by zoedew: 7:29pm On Jan 07
Chetas81:
in this corner of the world, how does this politicians benefit you, the way you're talking about wike of river state
My take on the issue has no correlation with perceived personal benefits to me. My comments on public affairs are driven by pro bono publico considerations.
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by naijanaso: 7:31pm On Jan 07
QuickStandard:
grin
I really wanna understand, is Wike still a PDP MEMBER? Or he's now an Agbadorian?

I heard reno the he-goat is on naira land. Kindly respond MR. blogger

My brother, why all the insults? The people you are abusing have made names for themselves and are living in somewhat affluence. What is your name? They are not affected by what you share here in anyway. Focus on your development and forget these men. They will never have you in mind.
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by jamesversion: 8:29pm On Jan 07
43Ronin:
Wike it was very stupid and naive of you to think you can dictate to an ijaw man in Rivers state. You cleverly picked an opobo man because of their mixed heritage with ndigbo thinking that ijaw will not see him as their brother so you can use and useless him. But I am glad Izon are wiser than you. Rivers state actually belongs to the riverine people of Rivers state(ijaw). Don't try to oppress them in their state

Mumu, you no fit answer my simple question on how Rivers state take belong to Riverine people.

Ijaw cannot do shiit in Rivers state. Go and tell them that is what Ikwerre said. Highest na to blow pipeline. Na there e go end.

Personally I'm happy the way Ijaws have reacted to this Fubara saga, their ethnic connotations suits my agenda perfectly. Going forward everyone will be made to vote according to ethnic lines. I will ensure I aise awareness and campaign in that direction. I want to see how Ijaw can smell government house again after Fubara tenure.
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by ReubenE(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07
43Ronin:

The founder of their tribe -King Jaja was an igbo man. Till this day people of opobo speak both igbo and ijaw fluently and have igbo names
wrong, not the founder of their tribe but the founder of Opobo. Their tribe/ethnicity has long being in existence before Jaja the slave boy was even born.

Does it even make sense to you that you said their "tribe started with Jaja". Jaja that just existed few hundred years ago. Don't confuse the language they speak as their tribe. Jaja did not give birth to everybody in Opobo and Opobo does not have only the Jaja family. He left for Opobo from Bonny with people, not just himself and those people other than himself have a tribe.

Side note: Jaja was bought as a slave and made a free Ijaw man so y'all obsession with sneaking Igbo into Opobo Ijaw affairs in Rivers is concerning. The stool of Opobo is Ijaw so that alone should be enough to discontinue the petty sentiments
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by 43Ronin: 11:27pm On Jan 07
ReubenE:
wrong, not the founder of their tribe but the founder of Opobo. Their tribe/ethnicity has long being in existence before Jaja the slave boy was even born.

Does it even make sense to you that you said their "tribe started with Jaja". Jaja that just existed few hundred years ago. Don't confuse the language they speak as their tribe. Jaja did not give birth to everybody in Opobo and Opobo does not have only the Jaja family. He left for Opobo from Bonny with people, not just himself and those people other than himself have a tribe.

Side note: Jaja was bought as a slave and made a free Ijaw man so y'all obsession with sneaking Igbo into Opobo Ijaw affairs in Rivers is concerning. The stool of Opobo is Ijaw so that alone should be enough to discontinue the petty sentiments
Do the people of Opobo speak igbo or not. Maybe the problem is the tribe nomenclature, however jaja was the founder of opobo. And yes, he was an igbo slave who later became the traditional rulers of ijaw and the richest man in the Niger as at that time. It's not obsession, it's history.
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by Gandrova: 6:51am On Jan 08
STEWpid:

...then, you must be a small boy!!!

Chai.. 🧐🤔
Repent or you will be caught one day
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by jamesversion: 7:57am On Jan 08
ReubenE:

Ijaws have propagated the notion that Ijawness is based purely on ancestry and not language. How then can the stool of Opobo be said to be Ijaw when Jaja was clearly an Igboman. No matter the traditional rites done, you can never alter the DNA of an Igboman into an Ijaw and vice versa.

Alot of "Ijaws" today are actually Igbos because the Igbos were the readily available humans In the slave market as at then. The traditional practices that turned them from Igbos into Ijaws especially in Okrika is simply tradional and unscientific in nature, as no amount of tradition can displace the biological composition of the different races.

And going by ancestry again, a lot of "Ijaws" are actually people from different parts of Nigeria and west Africa because there is also a notion that Ijaw women are the owners of children they bore. I know persons in Kalabari especially whose paternity are traced to other ethnicities in Nigeria and west Africa at large but bear Kalabari names and claim to be native of Kalabari communities, which by extension are Ijaw, simply because of their maternity. So is the Ijaw ancestry now a feature of any parent?
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by ReubenE(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08
43Ronin:

Do the people of Opobo speak igbo or not. Maybe the problem is the tribe nomenclature, however jaja was the founder of opobo. And yes, he was an igbo slave who later became the traditional rulers of ijaw and the richest man in the Niger as at that time. It's not obsession, it's history.
Nobody said people in Opobo don't speak Igbo alongside Ijaw.
I only called your attention based on your claim that Jaja is the founder of their tribe. Jaja is the founder of the territory Opobo and not the tribe
Re: “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman by ReubenE(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08
jamesversion:

Ijaws have propagated the notion that Ijawness is based purely on ancestry and not language. How then can the stool of Opobo be said to be Ijaw when Jaja was clearly an Igboman. No matter the traditional rites done, you can never alter the DNA of an Igboman into an Ijaw and vice versa.

Alot of "Ijaws" today are actually Igbos because the Igbos were the readily available humans In the slave market as at then. The traditional practices that turned them from Igbos into Ijaws especially in Okrika is simply tradional and unscientific in nature, as no amount of tradition can displace the biological composition of the different races.

And going by ancestry again, a lot of "Ijaws" are actually people from different parts of Nigeria and west Africa because there is also a notion that Ijaw women are the owners of children they bore. I know persons in Kalabari especially whose paternity are traced to other ethnicities in Nigeria and west Africa at large but bear Kalabari names and claim to be native of Kalabari communities, which by extension are Ijaw, simply because of their maternity. So is the Ijaw ancestry now a feature of any parent?
@ first paragraph, nobody said Jaja don't have Igbo DNA.
Lemme give you an example. In my maternal village in Delta State, there are Igbo men and women with their families that has lived in the community for years, some even fought alongside the Ijaws when they had ethnic conflicts with other Urhobo villages. As with Ijaw culture, they are now full members of the community as Ijaw people...they can even ascend the throne of the community as full indigenes. Now in all of these, nobody denies them of their right to be Igbos if they so desire. By your assertion, if any of them occupy the stool of that village tomorrow, the stool would no longer be Ijaw because they have Igbo DNA?
The stool is still Ijaw whether it started with them or not (as in the case of Jaja) or they ascended to it down the road as the occupant must be Ijaw either by ancestry or through acculturation in the case of Jaja. Jaja was made an Ijaw man even before he founded the territory Opobo. The stool of Opobo is ethnically tied to Bonny whether Jaja a former Igbo slave boy that was made Ijaw man started it or not.
The only problem I see here is the Ijaws accepting other people easily as one of them because of their abhorrence for slavery and servitude.

Your last two paragraphs, I will ignore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Pictured Alighting From A Helicopter / Nigerians Are Starving - Dino Melaye Shares Video Of People Scrambling For Bags / Boko Haram Hoists Flag In Marte, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.