Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project (6549 Views)

Kogi Assembly Summons BUA For Acquiring 50,000-hectare Land Without Paying / LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / INEC To Pilot E-Voting In 2021, Seeks Cancellation Of Bye-Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Bluntemperor: 5:31pm On Jan 07
This is commendable and others States In Nigeria, should be aggressive in Agricultural Development,for our self food sufficiency but rather, they used their positions to build roads that only last a year or so- just to eat the Budgets and prepare another on yearly basis!
Shameful!

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Raygipson1989: 6:05pm On Jan 07
The same Niger state where bandit has camps, and farmers are made to pay bandit bfr they access their farm? Nigeria is a joke normally,
Nigeria wasn't built for the poor
The rich keep using us.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by BenuePolitician(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07
Benue state is the Food Basket of the Nation why should Niger state be chosen for Agriculture ahead of Benue state
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Judolisco(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07
sonofElElyon:

Terrorists and bandits controlling local governments and you say the state is safe... minna and other large towns alone don't constitute Niger state
baba... Na Niger I dey work.. And I move around... I'm saying Niger is relatively safe.... Compared to other states in Nigeria....
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by moppie123(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07
Although this is a good step, it's important to recognise that the scope of agriculture extends beyond production alone. It encompasses investing in the entire value chain, which includes production, processing, storage, logistics etc.

On production, the security of our farmers remains paramount. Also there should be heavy investment in mechanised farming and access to fertilisers.

On processing, we cannot fully maximise our agricultural potentials if we don’t invest in food processing centres. This ensures that other by products of these crops are produced.

Storage will do a lot in ensuring that food products are available all year round. This is a key element in controlling food inflation and driving down food prices.

Looking at logistics for example, the state of our roads and railways is vital; inadequate infrastructure and situations where trailers spend 5-9 days to transport food products hinder growth. Also, looking at the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector, the government has to create an enabling environment for these farmers/transporters by way of encouraging health competition, stopping multiple taxation paid whilst transporting goods and criminalising the collection of bribes by police/customs officers.

Addressing these aspects and even more that have not been mentioned, would not only stabilise food prices but also guarantee food security, generate revenue, and create employment opportunities.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by sonofElElyon: 8:55pm On Jan 07
Judolisco:
baba... Na Niger I dey work.. And I move around... I'm saying Niger is relatively safe.... Compared to other states in Nigeria....
The problem is that you dont care what happens to people in the rural communities as long as your cities are "relatively safe"
https://saharareporters.com/2022/03/20/bandits-occupy-12-25-local-government-areas-niger-state-governor-laments
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2023/09/16/banditry-400-schools-shutdown-as-over-11000-children-drop-out-in-niger-state/%3famp=1
We are talking about agriculture... will agriculture take place in the cities? Why do we like to deceive ourselves?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Judolisco(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07
sonofElElyon:

The problem is that you dont care what happens to people in the rural communities as long as your cities are "relatively safe"
https://saharareporters.com/2022/03/20/bandits-occupy-12-25-local-government-areas-niger-state-governor-laments
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2023/09/16/banditry-400-schools-shutdown-as-over-11000-children-drop-out-in-niger-state/%3famp=1
We are talking about agriculture... will agriculture take place in the cities? Why do we like to deceive ourselves?
dats what u guys don't understand... U don't stay in lagos or Abuja and read d news and say somewhere isn't safe.... I jst told u my job requires me moving around Niger state and d state is peaceful, you're still arguing... D whole south east States sits at home on Monday including their govs,because of dis can I say d whole south east is unsafe for business..

What u guys don't know is dat Niger state and other middle belt states are already involved in massive agricultural practices... D state governor jst sees dis as another avenue of funds from d federal government.... From Suleja down to mokwa all you see is farmlands...
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by sonofElElyon: 9:41pm On Jan 07
Judolisco:
dats what u guys don't understand... U don't stay in lagos or Abuja and read d news and say somewhere isn't safe.... I jst told u my job requires me moving around Niger state and d state is peaceful, you're still arguing... D whole south east States sits at home on Monday including their govs,because of dis can I say d whole south east is unsafe for business..

What u guys don't know is dat Niger state and other middle belt states are already involved in massive agricultural practices... D state governor jst sees dis as another avenue of funds from d federal government.... From Suleja down to mokwa all you see is farmlands...
I just pity those that have to pay protection money and tax to terrorists and bandits... you say there is peace but isn't that false peace when you have to pay terrorists and bandits tax so they dont attack you? In my last post i included a news link that said as at 2022 about 12 local governments were under bandits... of course if people pay tax to bandits they wont be attacked!
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by olaoyeisrael8: 10:18pm On Jan 07
Why dem no go pilot am, na only Land dem get..Dem steal Land from all Neighboring states during Military regime.Why dem no go pilot am, na only Land dem get..Dem steal Land from all Neighboring states during Military regime....
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by BALLOSKI: 4:28am On Jan 08
Where's the security?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister / How Atiku Made Adamawa Governor His Houseboy (pix) / ‘senate Yet To Inform Buhari About Confirmation Of Ministers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.