Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project (6531 Views)

Kogi Assembly Summons BUA For Acquiring 50,000-hectare Land Without Paying / LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / INEC To Pilot E-Voting In 2021, Seeks Cancellation Of Bye-Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by GuruboiNaija: 7:12am On Jan 07
The Niger State Government has expressed willingness to pilot the Federal Government’s planned 500,000 hectares of agricultural production programme announced by President Bola Tinubu in his New Year message.

The state governor, Mohammed Umar Bago, made this disclosure shortly after a meeting with President Tinubu in Abuja.

He explained that currently, Niger is the leading state in terms of the food security initiative of the President, noting that it has started the implementation of a total of 250,000 hectares of dry season farming.

On the purpose of the visit, the governor said: “We have already signed an agreement with some companies for off-take and just to keep him up to speed with what we are doing in agriculture.

“If you had listened carefully to Mr. President’s New Year’s speech, you would have seen the emphasis on agriculture and also the 500,000 hectares the government is planning to farm in 2024.

“The state has also provided itself as a pilot state for that project and is also ambitious to match the federal government’s 500,000 with 500,000.”

Speaking further on farmers displaced from their ancestral homes in the state by insecurity, he said, “They are already back on their farms.”

https://.ng/2024/01/07/niger-state-willing-to-pilot-500000-hectare-agri-project-of-fg/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Good2go1: 7:32am On Jan 07
Obi's manifesto comes to mind, It is a good thing to implement good ideas no matter who conceived it what matters most is the good of all

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by blackmantis: 7:36am On Jan 07
There should be plans to secure the farmers while in the farms.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by onomeabuja: 8:10am On Jan 07
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2024/01/07/niger-state-willing-to-pilot-500000-hectare-agri-project-of-fg/
Agriculture for Niger state No be there & zamfara state kingnappers lord house de
I will rather use my money chop kulikuli or beans & rice than go invest for that state because I never ready to pay levy grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:10am On Jan 07
Will the fear of bandits and fulani herdsmen turned terrorists allow the project to be fully implemented?

7 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by crossfm: 8:12am On Jan 07
Hehehe.

Good initiative,but will bandit's and terrorists allow such projects to reach its full potentials.

Security should be given much priority if agriculture will strive in Nigeria.

Farmers must be assured they and their crops are save.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by LagosG: 8:13am On Jan 07
To those who love to use the word Agbado negatively, I pray you always have food to eat.

No country can achieve its full potential without food security but some people have been programmed by social media so much that Agbado is now an insult. One of the major reasons many countries support Ukraine is because of the sheer amount of grains it supplies the planet. The USA and Mexico have several multi millionaire farmers who plant corn exclusively. Corn is the most planted crop in the Americas. We all grew up loving corn flakes or Nestle's Golden morn. These are one of the many, many by products of having a working agrarian system.

We need to wake tf up and not allow politicians to use their latest mind control tool in the form of social media to tell you how to think.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:14am On Jan 07
Security first , bandit will be happy at this news
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by RECTEM: 8:15am On Jan 07
Good development.

Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by AMAUCHESKY(m): 8:16am On Jan 07
That's a good one

Bad habit will slow down your good harvest..you need a councilor to help you cut off this bad habit. Contact me via my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by bigdammyj: 8:17am On Jan 07
Great!

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by bizzibodi(m): 8:17am On Jan 07
Nigeria that as safe as somalia.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Dpharisee: 8:19am On Jan 07
Good2go1:
Obi's manifesto comes to mind, It is a good thing to implement good ideas no matter who conceived it what matters most is the good of all
Obi has been emphasising consistently on utilising the vast arable lands in Niger state for massive agricultural programmes and its good that the governor is towing same line and trying to implement Obi's plans which is good

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Whatisurproblem(m): 8:20am On Jan 07
GuruboiNaija:

and bandits on top the roof kidnapping killing residents every day
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Obakoolex(m): 8:32am On Jan 07
Good development.

Better late than never. undecided
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Menclothing: 8:33am On Jan 07
Nice I always scream all state should have agriculture production of 5 product that can feed 200 million people

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Digbick: 8:36am On Jan 07
Good2go1:

This is a good initiative and I commend your reasoning too regarding the security of the farmers, that was my thought too 💯💯💯.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by pol23: 8:42am On Jan 07
Good2go1:
lets hope they will do it.
I'm tired of campaign after election

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Agricmoney(m): 8:45am On Jan 07
wow Nice one the state

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by coldFLARES1(m): 8:54am On Jan 07
You sure say this one no be guyman format so?

A state that now has some parts fully taken over by terrorists, with yet an existential threat of more displacement is talking of piloting an agricultural scheme?

My "kidney" tells me these guys are absolute jokers. You do nothing about security and think you can attract development?

No be this same north where terrorists dey bill farmers/villages before dem dey gree allow them harvest produce again?

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by sonofElElyon: 8:58am On Jan 07
GuruboiNaija:

A state overrun by bandits and terrorists... putting the cart before the horse!
I am old nairalander. I buy P.I coins and can physically meet if seller is in Lagos. Bulk preferred. I pay N300 max per coin
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by GeneralDae: 9:00am On Jan 07
Good2go1:
Obi did not conceive this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Babamide(m): 9:01am On Jan 07
500,000 hectares in one state. Sure, put all your eggs in one basket. And then leverage the investment on the BVN of each farmer if it all goes to shit.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by victorDanladi: 9:03am On Jan 07
Good2go1:
😆

Not only OBI manifesto..na OBI Manifestfoolishness

Did you check TINUBU manifesto which actually came before your fraudulent OBI,its not there?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by rayornb(m): 9:03am On Jan 07
Why dem no go pilot am, na only Land dem get..

Dem steal Land from all Neighboring states during Military regime.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by victorDanladi: 9:06am On Jan 07
Dpharisee:

Obi has been emphasising consistently on utilising the vast arable lands in Niger state for massive agricultural programmes and its good that the governor is towing same line and trying to implement Obi's plans which is good

😆

Did you check TINUBU manifesto which actually came before your fraudulent OBI,its not there?

And what did he do with the vast arable land IN ANAMBRA...or ANAMBRA land is not arable?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Zeebuy: 9:16am On Jan 07
victorDanladi:

😆

And what did he do with the vast arable land IN ANAMBRA...or ANAMBRA land is not arable?

You no get sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by liasmiram2567: 9:31am On Jan 07
sonofElElyon:

A state overrun by bandits and terrorists... putting the cart before the horse!
I am old nairalander. I buy P.I coins and can physically meet if seller is in Lagos. Bulk preferred. I pay N300 max per coin

Which state are you talking about? Niger state is the largest state in Nigeria by land mass.Does it mean that what is happening in a fee far-flung villages affect all the state?Does it mean if criminal activity is prevalent in a part of a local government in Lagos state, Lagos has been overrun by criminals?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Ubanz: 9:31am On Jan 07
This man is a great liar.
Which of the displaced farmers has gone back to farm. Bandits are everywhere collecting taxes and protection fee from communities before they are allowed to farm and transporters are being asked to pay from 200k -300k in other to have right of passage.
Unless something is done there will be serious hunger in Nigeria this year especially in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by FutureFocus: 9:39am On Jan 07
If this isn’t just another sweet talk, FG should execute this project in all states

Do it as independent project but use it to test the universities of agriculture we have all over the place , you can send students there for internships with pay, you can use NPower Argo , , you can use prisoners with little time remaining on their time in prison,

Stop buying land cruisers , but start buying tractors, let the number of tractors in Nigeria be more than the number of Land cruisers

Make adequate preparation for the storage and pest control after harvest

Task every state to embark on such project, task every LGA with cultivable land to do same

Invest in fishing industry, it’s very lucrative, this is one of the reason Morocco is trying to join ecowas so their fishing vessels can have access to the water around here

Do it now, I hate to see news like FG to do this, FG to do that, just do it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by gare(f): 9:41am On Jan 07
GuruboiNaija:

They should not pilot, waiting for oil money, people that should take advantage of the large expense of land and produce what would make them relevant, rather than sit and wait for oil money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Various Meanings Of PDP / Calabar – A Liter Of Fuel Now Sells For N250 In Some Part / Acting President Osinbajo Meets With Buhari's Look-Alike At Katsina Airport.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.