Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project (6544 Views)

Kogi Assembly Summons BUA For Acquiring 50,000-hectare Land Without Paying / LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / INEC To Pilot E-Voting In 2021, Seeks Cancellation Of Bye-Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by victorDanladi: 9:44am On Jan 07
Zeebuy:

You no get sense
Like your dad

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Nicepoker(m): 9:55am On Jan 07
liasmiram2567:

Which state are you talking about? Niger state is the largest state in Nigeria by land mass.Does it mean that what is happening in a fee far-flung villages affect all the state?Does it mean if criminal activity is prevalent in a part of a local government in Lagos state, Lagos has been overrun by criminals?
Will the farms be sited in the city or the villages?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Penisman: 10:00am On Jan 07
So that bandits will destroy it...
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by NinjaMetahuman: 10:14am On Jan 07
You will never see southern governors keying into this to make food cheap.

They would rather want federal government to do everything while they receive huge faac to build some cheap substandard roads and act like they are doing us a favor.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by seunayantokun(m): 10:40am On Jan 07
Where there is no security?
People can't farm anymore, and you're embarking on agricultural projects. Can that compare to what individuals can do to stop hunger and develop economy? The first and best idea now is security. The national assembly should discuss it now: state and local council area policing.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Konquest: 10:40am On Jan 07
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2024/01/07/niger-state-willing-to-pilot-500000-hectare-agri-project-of-fg/
The insecurity in Niger State has to be frontally tackled with modern technologies and security collaboration with nearby states sharing borders with Niger State to crush the local and foreign bandits who have been disrupting large-scale agribusiness in the North of Nigeria.

The DSS echelon too have to be changed ASAP to bring in more intensity into intelligence gathering. Period.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by laivwire(m): 10:42am On Jan 07
Everyone is talking about insecurity. Do you want policemen to stand guard for over farmers farms?

This kind of project would be on large hectarages of land using some form of farmer cooperative model. Projects like this have been ongoing in Nigeria with no issues.
Bandit attacks will be contained in such projects. My only grouse is to get lower income farmers in the mix as well. These projects always go to the big farmers, lobbyists, politicians and business men not smallholder farmers who really need them.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:44am On Jan 07
Terrorists Infested state. Even the Gov looks like a Terrorist. Islam don ù do dem shegee.....

Alcohol is forbidden 🚫 in Niger state. Is that not Shekau style...?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by laivwire(m): 10:46am On Jan 07
ZKOSOSO:
Terrorists Infested state. Even the Gov looks like a Terrorist. Islam don ù do dem shegee.....

Alcohol is forbidden 🚫 in Niger state. Is that not Shekau style...?

Make una dey lie small small now

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by eldoradoxx: 10:49am On Jan 07
Federal government should not waste its time and public resources financing agriculture in Niger State that has been overtaken by terrorists, it will mean empowering or feeding the terrorists who have taken over i hear up to 17 LGAs in Niger State. If i were President Tinubu, Niger, Zamfara and Plateau States will be under a State of Emergency with a Brigade Commander in Charge as Military Administrators reporting directly to me, that is how to deal with insecurity in those states.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by viodemus: 11:08am On Jan 07
They are not dependable due to their religion. The SE needs to add other avenues, like genetically modified crops and food, that we made, that can be grown indoors or outdoors.
Not letting such a vital importance such as food be under the influence of people that are not dependable.

We need to push for such thing to be diversified. Some of it in Kogi, akwa ibom (far from the oil side), Ebonyi (full time security and access), and even Jos. As supposed to a side, that may wake up one day, start sharia law, begin a terrorist hisba forces, and then block the access to food. So, it should be done in at least 24 to 26 states.

The problem with Nigeria is more than money, it is also an expertise issue. Too many people got a mago mago education, no knowledge from A to Z. Is only crime that is really knowledgeable. We know crime from a to z. And worst of all, the fraudulent tribalist criminal is a dedicated crime criminal Lord.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by sonofElElyon: 11:18am On Jan 07
liasmiram2567:

Which state are you talking about? Niger state is the largest state in Nigeria by land mass.Does it mean that what is happening in a fee far-flung villages affect all the state?Does it mean if criminal activity is prevalent in a part of a local government in Lagos state, Lagos has been overrun by criminals?

You are not up to date on the security situation in Niger state... large swathes and local governments are under the control of bandits/terrorists. Isn't farming meant to be done on these rural agricultural lands?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:20am On Jan 07
laivwire:

Make una dey lie small small now

Do and verify. Google is not your enemy...use it
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Originalsly: 11:23am On Jan 07
Who would be doing the farming? ... is it locals? ... or they have given out lands to "foreign investors" like Bill Gates for large scale mechanized farming of modified crops?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by tfelicityk(m): 11:26am On Jan 07
I hope this is real?

Tomorrow the foreign investor will not used the local thugs to descend on the communities and start exporting the produces to their Nations.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by mxsasewew: 11:29am On Jan 07
Verified PayPal And Payoneer Account For 7K Only.

LEGIT PAYPAL FUNDS FOR 1000Naira PER $... Escrow can come in or one on one deal

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT.

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Irony1: 11:42am On Jan 07
GeneralDae:

Obi did not conceive this.

Taaaa!!!!!! Fear God ooooo Obi conceived it and he talked about it in Chatham House
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by laivwire(m): 11:44am On Jan 07
ZKOSOSO:

Do and verify. Google is not your enemy...use it

I lived in Niger for over a year and traversed it's length and breadth from Zungeru to Kontagora down to Bida,Minna and Suleja.

You should go and verify and stop being a keyboard warrior.

Now, I mean that in the most polite way possible wink

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Tywo2018: 11:50am On Jan 07
It will still not solve Nigeria problems.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by merits(m): 11:53am On Jan 07
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Judolisco(m): 11:55am On Jan 07
Dpharisee:

Obi has been emphasising consistently on utilising the vast arable lands in Niger state for massive agricultural programmes and its good that the governor is towing same line and trying to implement Obi's plans which is good
have been to Niger state before? Nobody farm reach dem... Middle belt in general
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Judolisco(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07
sonofElElyon:

You are not up to date on the security situation in Niger state... large swathes and local governments are under the control of bandits/terrorists. Isn't farming meant to be done on these rural agricultural lands?
Niger is safe... Jst some local government like other states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by israelmao(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07
Niger has alot of arable land.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by sonofElElyon: 12:47pm On Jan 07
Judolisco:
Niger is safe... Jst some local government like other states in Nigeria

Terrorists and bandits controlling local governments and you say the state is safe... minna and other large towns alone don't constitute Niger state
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by khattab02: 12:53pm On Jan 07
For this to work. Secure the state from bandits and kidnapping

I blame former Governor Abulolo for the current situation of the state.

He was warned about bandits actions and activities but he took it likely. Now the state is almost overwhelmed.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by oneMalik: 1:34pm On Jan 07
Where will you see the KULIKULI if everybody has your mindset ?

onomeabuja:

Agriculture for Niger state No be there & zamfara state kingnappers lord house de
I will rather use my money chop kulikuli or beans & rice than go invest for that state because I never ready to pay levy grin

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by oneMalik: 1:40pm On Jan 07
with common sense , i bliv the question is too simple for you to answer .

Nicepoker:
Will the farms be sited in the city or the villages?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by khattab02: 1:41pm On Jan 07
seunayantokun:
Where there is no security?
People can't farm anymore, and you're embarking on agricultural projects. Can that compare to what individuals can do to stop hunger and develop economy? The first and best idea now is security. The national assembly should discuss it now: state and local council area policing.
💯 agree with u.

I wonder why they treat these issues as nothing. Then u want to come and do development?
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by duduade: 1:42pm On Jan 07
Niger were bandits and kidnappers are operating

Issokay
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by emmyileri(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07
You haven't solved insecurity issue. How will this materialize
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by Nicepoker(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07
oneMalik:
with common sense , i bliv the question is too simple for you to answer .

You didn't even care to check why that question was asked. Boom you just jumped in.
Re: Niger State Willing To Pilot FG's 500,000-Hectare Agriculture Project by maasoap(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07
Southern states would never show interest in projects like this. Their youths would rather be happy shouting we don't want RUGA through the backdoor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Civil-war Reconstruction In Eastern Nigeria: Was there any? / I Didnt Believe My Eyes Seeing This Post From Nta / Why Are White People So Developed And Cool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.