Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions (20116 Views)

Customs Lists Conditions For Reopening Land Borders To Vehicles, Rice, Others / President Buhari's Twitter Negotiation Team / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Billy001: 8:20pm On Jan 07
You wish
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by BABAawoo47: 8:22pm On Jan 07
Kingrshd3:

That's our 105% problem which the government didn't think ahead of time to make sure we produce and eat our produce since the time of babangida and d likes instead they are busy importing importing including toothpick they import it 😢

So to cure Nigeria of that time is what buhari and Tinubu is trying to work on now but logically being too late 😡

Nigeria is in trouble 😵‍💫
is saudi not importing everything too? They have the money but will spend it carelessly. Removing subsidy because no money, yet splash millions of dollars on suv for executives. And ppl saying inflation are dafftt. Without increments, the inflation is already consistently at 20% upward...We work far more for so little.. Entry level role 15yrs ago salary will buy 10bags of rice at 80k.. Now someone with 150k can't buy 3bag of rice..
so adjustments need to be done and govt shld stop wasting money

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by kernniejay(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07
Jogs1900:

I'm not trying to ridicule the movement..We in the private sectors see NLC as government staff movement. They only use us to achieve their aims. A salary increment is not the solution. But if they insist, the government can pay the 200k and after like 2 months, devalue the naira. Additionally, salary increments will lead to inflation if you understand my point.
Truth is that federal govt workers are the most miserable in Nigeria. Banks, multinational companies, conglomerates etc have doubled the salary of their staff and everyone has moved on while govt workers are still begging for ridiculous palliative.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by theforemost: 8:33pm On Jan 07
Untill Nigerians put off politics and stand confront these lunatica. Everywhere it's ginger mas inflation which they inflict on non civil servants who make up over 85% of population.

NLC is IPOB and LC rolled up
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by theforemost: 8:35pm On Jan 07
These IPOB IGBO , they want Obidient to be president Nas then allow Biafra out and take Lagos with them.
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Charly68: 8:51pm On Jan 07
This people are just dancing back and front since ..when they need money from Govt they do gragra to settle themselves . How long will it take them to sit down and settle this matter for over four months now and their people are suffering
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by COMPAQ(m): 9:45pm On Jan 07
dre11:
Tinubu Minimum Wage: It’s N200,000 or … NLC raises negotiation team; Labour President lists conditions

•New regime expected to take effect April

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/tinubu-minimum-wage-its-n200000-or-nlc-raises-negotiation-team-labour-president-lists-conditions/

I don't have a problem with N120k or even the N200k, but civil service and government workers need to be reduced by 30% first of all.
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by COMPAQ(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07
kernniejay:
Truth is that federal govt workers are the most miserable in Nigeria. Banks, multinational companies, conglomerates etc have doubled the salary of their staff and everyone has moved on while govt workers are still begging for ridiculous palliative.

Which nonsense doubled. I beg say the one you know for sure. I work in a multinational and we never see a any increase yet. Though our annual pay review is ongoing now but I hear it we see 30%sef we go dey lucky.

My sister in law in zenith got like 60% from N700k to N1. 1m
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by bayelsaowei(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07
Jogs1900:

I'm not trying to ridicule the movement..We in the private sectors see NLC as government staff movement. They only use us to achieve their aims. A salary increment is not the solution. But if they insist, the government can pay the 200k and after like 2 months, devalue the naira. Additionally, salary increments will lead to inflation if you understand my point.
so what do you want NLC to do?

I believe the respective private companies should have unions that are an extension of both the NLC and TUC to help fight for wage increase to weather the hyper inflation in the country..
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by samcolee(m): 12:23am On Jan 08
wwwtortoise:
How do I unread this crap from NLC.

200k minimum wage . . . Joke thing !
With which economic productivity to backup such amounts flying around in circulation?

Okay, maybe NLC want FG to double her loan request hustle from IMF.

Most states are not even paying the present minimum wage of 30k or so.

That proposal is crap because it will only yield hyperinflation.

Instead negotiate for :
- per hour remuneration based on sector.

- prohibition of outsourcing white collar and blue collar jobs to expatriates; with exception to highly skilled labor which cannot be filled internally. However, there’ll be a local understudy with probation period to move up the corporate ladder.

Hourly pair wow some police officers who work 24 hrs or security would earn more
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by kernniejay(m): 3:39am On Jan 08
COMPAQ:

Which nonsense doubled. I beg say the one you know for sure. I work in a multinational and we never see a any increase yet. Though our annual pay review is ongoing now but I hear it we see 30%sef we go dey lucky.

My sister in law in zenith got like 60% from N700k to N1. 1m
I can bet you are working in either an indian, lebanese or chinese company or one of those companies headed by useless expatrates, so hold your management well.
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Kingrshd3: 4:17am On Jan 08
BABAawoo47:
is saudi not importing everything too? They have the money but will spend it carelessly. Removing subsidy because no money, yet splash millions of dollars on suv for executives. And ppl saying inflation are dafftt. Without increments, the inflation is already consistently at 20% upward...We work far more for so little.. Entry level role 15yrs ago salary will buy 10bags of rice at 80k.. Now someone with 150k can't buy 3bag of rice..
so adjustments need to be done and govt shld stop wasting money

I love your contribution ☺️ black man mentality is killing our leaders
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Kingrshd3: 4:18am On Jan 08
Evolutionism:

A lot of Foreign Nations have made a Fortune from Nigeria through the Imports and those countries utilized their Fortunes by diversifying and saved enough for their Citizens that would last them a lifetime.

But Nigeria on the hand is a country with no headway living on daily basis as it comes lol.

Life is all about being smart and having serious planning for future.

My brother no be joke 😭

Infact ehn gone are days when our parents was earning little and living comfortably but now even with urnhuge salary ehn 🤔

U go still struggle to pay rent and eat well 😞

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by bdon12: 6:01am On Jan 08
Winning123:

Are you joking? How do you expect the probate sector operators who are battling to survive to pay. You must be hallucinating.
So becos they can survive u should work for free?wat is 30k in present day Nigeria.Inflation is at highest how can a human being living in naija earn 30k
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Teymanhenry(f): 6:46am On Jan 08
The actual target could something withing 80k to 120k. I'm pretty sure 200k is unrealistic
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by ogbumosquito1(m): 7:33am On Jan 08
Nice move
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by pacespot(m): 7:47am On Jan 08
This NLC just wants to kill Naira patapata. Do they realize how sellers will also raise their prices in the market when they hear about this bumper pay for workers? Putting further stress on the Naira that is already becoming useless. Instead of this Labour Union to fight with people for good government, na their own to be demanding higher pay all the time.
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by Mosba: 8:55am On Jan 08
YoungLionken:
Come on now NLC, you know that's unrealistic cool..

In as much as we nor wan gree for anybody, we should also be considerate so as not to lose from both ends; a bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush cool cool...

unrealistic Really? Are you aware another 30b just added to already signed 2024 budget for National Assenbly?
Re: Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions by aydowsky(m): 10:19am On Jan 08
200k? Well let d bargain start from there... NLC knows FG won't approve 200k...i forsee 60k to 80k as minimum wage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Declares Uwajumogu Of APC Winner Of Imo Senatorial Re-run Election / Jimoh Ibrahim Joins Twitter: "They Never Told Me The Level Of Disrespect Here" / Lateef Raji Buried (Late Fashola's Aide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.