Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? (1182 Views)

144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / Does The Koran Really Promise Islamic Martyrs 72 Virgins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by aloyemeka1: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2011
If Jesus had promised Christian men 72 virgins in heaven, will that motivate them to worship God more or will it make them blow others up?
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by OmoPastor(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2011
What is this?
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2011
Yes cos we all know men are lovers of themselves more than they love God embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by vedaxcool(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
He promised 100 instead; athew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by aloyemeka4: 2:44am On Nov 06, 2011
vedaxcool:

He promised 100 instead; athew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Typical misinterpretation of the bibeli.
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2011
@ poster

I understand you have taken a philosophical approach to the matter but there would be no basis for such argument.

1. Jesus is the son of God

2. God's design is one man to be married to one woman

3. Sexual immorality is detestable to God so it cannot be a motivation for worship

4. Jesus said there is no marriage in God's Kingdom

5. God is seeking those who love him not those who follow him because of the rewards they can get i.e he seeks a relationship based on love not selfishness based on reward

6. If sex is the reward of the faithful that means natural celibates (impotent men)  have no reward serving God ( philosophical thinking)
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by Sweetnecta: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ If the above were true, then the God that designed more pretty women and fewer men has created something called sexual inequality; where some women will never get married. That will be unfair, unGodly from God.

This is why I know this is not true, but only from the mind of the writer. equally worse are denial of the 100 folds of Jesus promises to include wives, hopefully husbands for the women who left the husband for Jesus [nuns and those who ignore their husbands because of this very promise in the verse] and blind eyes to the fact that Adam was from the get go husband to wife Eve, specifically created for him and both dwell in Eden [a form of paradise or jewish? and definitely christian's heavenly feeling place].

What do you people husband and wife do but what birds and bees do to produce their kinds?

How do husband and wife become just that except if they are wedded/married?
Re: What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? by aloyemeka4: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^ If the above were true, then the God that designed more pretty women and fewer men has created something called intimate inequality; where some women will never get married. That will be unfair, unGodly from God.

This is why I know this is not true, but only from the mind of the writer. equally worse are denial of the 100 folds of Jesus promises to include wives, hopefully husbands for the women who left the husband for Jesus [nuns and those who ignore their husbands because of this very promise in the verse] and blind eyes to the fact that Adam was from the get go husband to wife Eve, specifically created for him and both dwell in Eden [a form of paradise or jewish? and definitely christian's heavenly feeling place].

What do you people husband and wife do but what birds and bees do to produce their kinds?

How do husband and wife become just that except if they are wedded/married?

Are you aware that the population of China is almost 2bn?. That means their population is almost 1/3 of the world?. Do you also know that the population of men in China is more than the women?. How and where did you get the notion that God created more women than men?. And if your theory is true, how does that support polygamy?. Must every man/woman marry?. Stop looking for sorry excuses to justify your unquenchable passion for easy virtue women. The sooner you keep your weenie in check, the sooner will your soul be saved. Polygamy is not only despicable to God but ethically improper to mankind. Repent and believe in Jesus before you lose your soul.

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Was Jesus Of Nazareth? / Something Great Is About To Happen To You / There Is No "Hellfire" Claims Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.