Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike (18043 Views)

Rivers: No Remedy For 25 Former Lawmakers - PDP Insists / Tinubu Arrives Nigeria, Shows Off His Nomination Form With Sanwo-Olu / Rivers: No alliances with APC, Sowore's AAC rejects Amaechi's endorsements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Thonyb2: 11:27am On Jan 08
Amid the lingering political crisis in Rivers State, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said he had no regrets about making Siminalayi Fubara governor.

Wike said the decision to make Fubara governor was made to ensure unity in the state.

Speaking at a New Year luncheon he organised in his country home, Rumueprikom, in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the Rivers State on Sunday, the minister said he and some leaders of the state picked and worked for Fubara’s emergence.

The immediate past governor also recounted buying nomination forms for Fubara and others who contested on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.

According to Wike: “Those who open their mouths to talk don’t know anything. I was the one who paid for the forms for anybody who wanted to run for elections as governor, House of Assembly and National Assembly. Let one person raise his hand and say he bought forms.

“We say we are all family members with no need for acrimony. Don’t spend your money, we will agree on who will run. The day we made the final decision, the Chairman of the elders’ council nearly collapsed.

“He is here. OCJ Okocha was there, Awuse was there. Omehia was there. He nearly collapsed. Why? He wanted a governor from the riverine area.

“When I looked at him, I said, ‘Why will I allow this old man to just die.’ I say let’s not create the impression that there are people who want to monopolise power.

“Let’s allow everybody to be part of it because we belong to one Rivers State. If I had wanted, nobody would have stopped me. Nobody had what it takes to even be near me.

And to God be the glory, I don’t regret what I did and I will never regret what I did because I want the unity of this state for us to forge ahead. If I wanted an Ikwerre man, nobody would have stopped me”.

https://.ng/2024/01/08/rivers-no-regrets-making-fubara-governor-i-bought-his-nomination-forms-wike/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Dumcana: 11:29am On Jan 08
Congrats...woke the hustler... shameless

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by ludi: 11:31am On Jan 08
Rather go to the gym than fight for any politician. Its a waste of support with the level of deprivation in the country

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Aquila99: 11:50am On Jan 08
Thonyb2:
Amid the lingering political crisis in Rivers State, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said he had no regrets about making Siminalayi Fubara governor.

Wike said the decision to make Fubara governor was made to ensure unity in the state.

Speaking at a New Year luncheon he organised in his country home, Rumueprikom, in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the Rivers State on Sunday, the minister said he and some leaders of the state picked and worked for Fubara’s emergence.

The immediate past governor also recounted buying nomination forms for Fubara and others who contested on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.

According to Wike: “Those who open their mouths to talk don’t know anything. I was the one who paid for the forms for anybody who wanted to run for elections as governor, House of Assembly and National Assembly. Let one person raise his hand and say he bought forms.

“We say we are all family members with no need for acrimony. Don’t spend your money, we will agree on who will run. The day we made the final decision, the Chairman of the elders’ council nearly collapsed.

“He is here. OCJ Okocha was there, Awuse was there. Omehia was there. He nearly collapsed. Why? He wanted a governor from the riverine area.

“When I looked at him, I said, ‘Why will I allow this old man to just die.’ I say let’s not create the impression that there are people who want to monopolise power.

“Let’s allow everybody to be part of it because we belong to one Rivers State. If I had wanted, nobody would have stopped me. Nobody had what it takes to even be near me.

“And to God be the glory, I don’t regret what I did and I will never regret what I did because I want the unity of this state for us to forge ahead. If I wanted an Ikwerre man, nobody would have stopped me”.

https://.ng/2024/01/08/rivers-no-regrets-making-fubara-governor-i-bought-his-nomination-forms-wike/

Exactly. If he wanted ikwerre man. He 4 put am dia. Now all dem ijaw don come out dem make mouth as if na dem get everywhere. Since d creation of Rivers u never produce gov. Una no make noise all dis while. Noise makers

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by saintjimos(m): 12:01pm On Jan 08
Wike understand that politics is a game of betrayal

14 Likes

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by UptownVibes(m): 12:57pm On Jan 08
That's to tell you the money they budget for these elections is waste.. Inec is a waste.. Imagine him saying he placed who he wanted there,meaning the election was just formality. Same thing happened in Presidency. Inec has now become the major tool of rigging election. This is inec that was supposed to be an independent body... So sad!

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by ecolime(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08
saintjimos:
Wike understand that politics is a game of betrayal
Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by bigdawg7: 1:08pm On Jan 08
This motherfvcker talks too much

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Nice2023(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08
Criminal.

Is the money yours Mr. Former Governor?

Is the money Wike's money.

Can u use ur personal money to buy form for every contestants in the state just like u wasted on every dick and Harry who u felt were ur people.

See the way he wasted money meant for the people of the state like yahoo boys while the state suffers.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Amuluonyenaego: 1:09pm On Jan 08
This one don Dey loose

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by osuofia2(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08
Chau Chau. Basket. Peter Odili and Goodluck Patient Jonathan Made You.
Is the Money you used in buying the forms your personal Money of Rivers State Govt Money?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by composure: 1:09pm On Jan 08
You bought the form with your personal money or rivers state money...
You talk too much.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by tnerro1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08
And he has betrayed you, that’s means u no smart as u think . Na tinubu be the next to retire you from politics, just wait and see

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:10pm On Jan 08
Was it your personal money you used in the campaigns?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Flango: 1:10pm On Jan 08
shocked

If you feed your fellow man, coming out to tell the world is one of the worst form of humiliation.

Under such circumstances, men forget loyalty and gratitude. All they want is to fight for their pride and their ego.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Reelmii: 1:10pm On Jan 08
Are we still on this
Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Walai(m): 1:10pm On Jan 08
The headline just reminds me of Miss Funke the English teacher that taught me words and opposite
Meanwhile,
If she's not a virgin, don't wife her

1 Like

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by ClearFlair: 1:10pm On Jan 08
Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Chicagograduate(m): 1:10pm On Jan 08
What is paining Wike sef?No be so he do Amaechi?It is hard to become a godfather in the southIt is only in Lagos a godfather can prevail because so many cowards who calls themselves Polithiefcians are in the southwest.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by thaoriginator: 1:11pm On Jan 08
grin

Dan kutumar grin
Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Olieba: 1:11pm On Jan 08

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Ahnii(f): 1:11pm On Jan 08
Wike is having a fine taste of the same wine he brewed.

Lolxx

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Lastmankc(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08
Wike talks anyhow

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:11pm On Jan 08
UptownVibes:
That's to tell you the money they budget for these elections is waste.. Inec is a waste.. Imagine him saying he placed who he wanted there,meaning the election was just formality. Same thing happened in Presidency. Inec has now become the major tool of rigging election. This is inec that was supposed to be an independent body... So sad!

If we talk, Their foot soldiers will say INEC under Mahmoud is the best thing that happened to Nigeria after hot jollof rice

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by Dpharisee: 1:12pm On Jan 08
Wike abeg rest, there's so much insecurity currently in Abuja while all your attention is fixated on Rivers State.
Its beginning to appear as if Wike should have been rewarded with Minister of Humanitarian Affairs so that he can be playing politics with Palliatives and not FCT which requires thorough bred technocrat with less political distractions.
But he is right about Ijaw people behaving as if they now own Rivers when he could have rigged and made another Igbo man Governor, Ikwerre is a sub Igboid group and not a tribe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by ThirdWorldThug: 1:12pm On Jan 08
With FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike refusing to sheath his sword in his current feud with his successor at the Rivers State government house, Sim Fubara, the feeling is that the former is doing all he can to remove the later from office as soon as possible. Will he succeed?
Visit https://ochuba.com/trading-chart/6592b07d4c216eb82f51b00b to put your money where your mouth is.

Re: Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike by superCleanworks(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08
Governor maker.

Make another one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Rerun Election: Police-DPO, And Soldiers Help To Snatch Ballot Box / BREAKING: APC’s Aregbesola Wins Osun Governorship Election / Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu In Trouble Over Funds Diversion - Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.