Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State (20739 Views)

Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations / Radio Stations Cut Down On Operationals Hours Due To High Cost Of Deisel / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Sleekfingers: 12:12pm On Jan 09
Only listen to
Radio Lagos 107.5,
92.9 bond
103.9 law fm
Nigeria info 99.3
Smooth fm 98.1
and 93.7 fm
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Midex88(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09
TruthsFM:

Source: Radio Reporter NG

I like the following.

Nigeria Info
Top Radio because of Godwin Enakhena sport Program.
And brilla Fm
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by TruthsFM: 3:23pm On Jan 09
Midex88:

I like the following.

Nigeria Info
Top Radio because of Godwin Enakhena sport Program.
And brilla Fm
wow that’s great

1 Like

Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 1:30am On Jan 10
Ok thanks so much.

About the volunteering, should i write it in my letter or c.v, dat i want to volunteer?
Can i still walk up to the radio station without any letter and tell with my mouth dat i want to volunteer to work with dem for free?

Lastly, wat is the difference between volunteering and internship?
cho25bc:

Walk up to as many radio stations as you can and submit application to volunteer there. I believe one or two will reach out to you.

You can also start your own via online platforms. There podcast apps that help with that. Facebook is also a good channel. You can start hosting one or two programs weekly and share the links online for a wider audience.

Also, you can volunteer to train under a popular radio presenter as an apprentice or for internship. Although i only know of Yoruba presenters doing this, i dont know if English presenters do. But you can try your luck. Best of luck
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 1:43am On Jan 10
Alright.

Did u include CD demo in ur applications when summiting back then?

Someone told me here in nairaland dat sometimes it is good to have gotten some radio skills like video editing, voice trainning and writing skills from a studio(all this normal studios around the streets or roads) before intending going to apply for radio jobs. He also told me to go to broadcasting schools too for traininng. Maybe all these ones are part of the experince too.

The only thing i want to do now is submitting applications with my demo CD in different radio stations and going there too asking if i can be employed to work with dem for free(volunteering).

But i want to ask, wat is the diference between volunteering and internship?
Demigod22:

After my NYSC, I returned back to Abuja, I applied to few stations and the ones that invited me for an interview won't employ me because according to them; I have the passion but lack the required experience.

About the volunteering, that is the best way to start, initially, I wanted to visit Capital FM where I did my I.T to start something of such, but guy need stipend for transport and basic things which they are not paying.

I still believe in that dreams.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Bekermann(m): 8:10am On Jan 10
MyVILLAGEpeople:

So there is also women FM ? Lol

Na so we see am...
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Demigod22: 9:16am On Jan 10
Love800:
Alright.

Someone told me here in nairaland dat sometimes it is good to have gotten some radio skills like video editing, voice trainning and writing skills from a studio(all this normal studios around the streets or roads) before intending going to apply for radio jobs. He also told me to go to broadcasting schools too for traininng. Maybe all these ones are part of the experince too.

The only thing i want to do now is submitting applications with my demo CD in different radio stations and going there too asking if i can be employed to work with dem for free(volunteering).

You are very correct. I didn't submit with CD demo, only CV and credentials, although I got invited for an interview, then was one month after NYSC, I was hoping I could get internship with them, something I can be getting stipend for transport.

Let's keep on working on our goals, those dreams that keeps us awake at night shall never die.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 9:12pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Ok thanks so much.

About the volunteering, should i write it in my letter or c.v, dat i want to volunteer?
Can i still walk up to the radio station without any letter and tell with my mouth dat i want to volunteer to work with dem for free?

Lastly, wat is the difference between volunteering and internship?

1. Go with your cv and resume tailored specifically for that role as a radio presenter/worker. Use both the word of mouth and your credentials to back up your proposal. A formal application letter is also a good idea.

2. Im not sure but i think volunteering is that you are already a professional in that field, and will need no formal training. The firm will consider you as a professional.

On the other hand, internship is training in that field. If you intern in a radio station or under the tutelage of a presenter, you will be trained like a newbie in the field. You'll learn on the job and your input may be limited.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 9:45pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Alright.

These are great ideas too. But media broadcasting schools are expensive. But if you can afford it, you can start from there.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 7:46am On Jan 11
Ok.

About wat u wrote concerning voluntering, am finding it somehow to believe sha. Are u saying a newbie cant volunteer to work so as to learn the job? I will try and find wat it really means.

Is internship the same tin with dat apprenticeship u spoke about?
cho25bc:

1. Go with your cv and resume tailored specifically for that role as a radio presenter/worker. Use both the word of mouth and your credentials to back up your proposal. A formal application letter is also a good idea.

2. Im not sure but i think volunteering is that you are already a professional in that field, and will need no formal training. The firm will consider you as a professional.

On the other hand, internship is training in that field. If you intern in a radio station or under the tutelage of a presenter, you will be trained like a newbie in the field. You'll learn on the job and your input may be limited.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 7:51am On Jan 11
Okay
cho25bc:

These are great ideas too. But media broadcasting schools are expensive. But if you can afford it, you can start from there.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by olowofariwo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11
TruthsFM:
what’s the name of the radio station?
Rainbow FM Ogun state
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by olowofariwo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 11
MyVILLAGEpeople:

So there is also women FM ? Lol
It's Shortened to W fm
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by olowofariwo(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11
FILEBE:

The best of the show was when Tatafo was with them including Dan baba ,
May Iya Jogbo continue to rest in peace. She was the life of Wetin Dey
Yes, Tatafo will be calling Wale " Boda mi" and call Iya Jogbo "Maa mi"
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 12:13am On Jan 12
Love800:
Ok.

About wat u wrote concerning voluntering, am finding it somehow to believe sha. Are u saying a newbie cant volunteer to work so as to learn the job? I will try and find wat it really means.

Is internship the same tin with dat apprenticeship u spoke about?

As i said, im not sure but to the best of my knowledge, that's what i know about volunteering and internship. But of course, a newbie can also volunteer. But most firms prefer professionals. Internship is mainly training and working at the same time. I'll say 80% training, 20% work. In your own case, i think internship will be the best. But dont expect to be paid. That way, you can also acquire media skills while training and working for free. After all, it wont be for long. If you are in ib, i can recommend some stations, especially the new established ones.

For radio stations, they will prefer professionals because they will want professionals to broadcast to their audience. If you are not a professional, they can pair you with a presenter. So, you'll be co-presenting his/her shows every time he's on air. That way, you'll gain popularity and knowledge.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 12:01am On Jan 13
Ok.
Thanks.
Internship sef is hard to get too. Am thinking is the radio dat announce the space availabe for intern. So how will someone know when this intern is being advertised? Can one walk up to the radio firm, asking to be interned?

From my little research, intern is two types. Paid and unpaid. The unpaid one can also be called volunteering.
But apart from the two types(paid and unpaid), u can also volunteer urself to learn and gain experience in radio, whether you a professional or not. But my question is, even if u write to the radio dat u want to volunteer, they may not collect u dat moment untill they have made space or accomodation for volunteers. Am i right?

In conclusion, can u tell me how best to gain employment in a radio?

I dont want to disturb u after dis post. U have already tried by having my time. By the way, where is called ib?
cho25bc:

As i said, im not sure but to the best of my knowledge, that's what i know about volunteering and internship. But of course, a newbie can also volunteer. But most firms prefer professionals. Internship is mainly training and working at the same time. I'll say 80% training, 20% work. In your own case, i think internship will be the best. But dont expect to be paid. That way, you can also acquire media skills while training and working for free. After all, it wont be for long. If you are in ib, i can recommend some stations, especially the new established ones.

For radio stations, they will prefer professionals because they will want professionals to broadcast to their audience. If you are not a professional, they can pair you with a presenter. So, you'll be co-presenting his/her shows every time he's on air. That way, you'll gain popularity and knowledge.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 11:00am On Jan 13
Love800:
Ok.
Thanks.
Internship sef is hard to get too. Am thinking is the radio dat announce the space availabe for intern. So how will someone know when this intern is being advertised? Can one walk up to the radio firm, asking to be interned?

From my little research, intern is two types. Paid and unpaid. The unpaid one can also be called volunteering.
But apart from the two types(paid and unpaid), u can also volunteer urself to learn and gain experience in radio, whether you a professional or not. But my question is, even if u write to the radio dat u want to volunteer, they may not collect u dat moment untill they have made space or accomodation for volunteers. Am i right?

In conclusion, can u tell me how best to gain employment in a radio?

I dont want to disturb u after dis post. U have already tried by having my time. By the way, where is called ib?

1. To the best of my knowledge, radio stations dont announce on air about their internship openings. You have to go there to make inquiries yourself or talk to them via their communication channels. What i know is that they advertise their media schools (if they have any) and ask people to apply. Of course, not free. The training may be 3-6 months. Most radio stations in ibadan have their media schools. You can also join the classes remotely. These stations are business centers, so they are more interested in making money. They offer values too but not for free grin. You can walk up to the station and make inquiries about working for them as an intern. If vacancies are available for that, they'll let you know.

You can also approach some OAPs to intern personally under them. It doesnt necessarily have to be directly at the station. Through the connection of the oap, you may be recommended for employment at the station where he or she works.

2. You are right about the types of internships. I totally agree with you. If you notice, it's still the same thing i said about both the internship and volunteering. The keyword there is working, whether for free or for money.

3. Sure. A radio station will only accept you as an intern if they have space for it. Volunteering or interning also come with vacancies, as it's obtainable for paid job vacancies. Some radio stations are filled up, so whether you want to work for them for free or not, they may still reject you. Also, i think it has to do connections. This is Nigeria. If you dont have strong connections to the station, you wont get the volunteering space. But who knows? You may be lucky.

4. My suggestions are:
Create your own podcast online and spread it for people to watch. Recommended channels are youtube, fb, tiktok, or any audio streaming platforms like mlxr (im not sure i got the abbrev. right), spotify, etc. I once downloaded one podcast app on google playstore years ago, but ive forgotten the name. Search google for suggestions. You can also start a mini blog and include vlogs in your contents. When these stations see your popularity, they'll be the ones looking for you. Just make sure that you are good at what you do and have huge fanbase.

Attend a media school owned by a popular oap. If you come out as one of the best graduating students for that session, the school founder may get you immediate employment. Another advantage of this is that during your training, you'll go for IT in any radio station. If you are good, the station may retain you for fulltime employment.

If your tertiary institution (poly or uni) owns a radio station, you can also go there and volunteer. Most radio stations owned by institutions prefer volunteers to people they'll pay. It doesnt matter if you've graduated or still a student.

5. Ib means Ibadan. That's where i base.

6. You are not disturbing me at all. Im glad to offer my little advice. It's nothing. Feel free to ask questions if you still have any. Im always ready to offer my 2 cents. What are we together for on nairaland for if we cant assist each other in our little ways?

However, please note that im not a radio staff. I studied communication and lang arts, what most people know as mass comm. But the only time i worked in a radio station was during my service year in 2016/17. And i didnt even work in the studio. It has always been my desire to work in a radio station, but never realize it to fruition. Just to let you know that im not a radio presenter or something like that. I just have the knowledge about these things and it's in line with my course of study.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Cromagnon: 12:08am On Jan 14
TruthsFM:
I don’t know, he no teach 30
omo
Dem try fa
Why dem come dey run go lag na.
Economy seems to be ok
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 7:05am On Jan 14
Nice.
I really appreciate u.
This write-up will go a long way for me.
Tank u.

That podcast stuff, is it dat i will download an app first or i will just start straight from facebook, tiktok?
I have alot to talk about in relationship and parenting.
cho25bc:

1. To the best of my knowledge, radio stations dont announce on air about their internship openings. You have to go there to make inquiries yourself or talk to them via their communication channels. What i know is that they advertise their media schools (if they have any) and ask people to apply. Of course, not free. The training may be 3-6 months. Most radio stations in ibadan have their media schools. You can also join the classes remotely. These stations are business centers, so they are more interested in making money. They offer values too but not for free grin. You can walk up to the station and make inquiries about working for them as an intern. If vacancies are available for that, they'll let you know.

You can also approach some OAPs to intern personally under them. It doesnt necessarily have to be directly at the station. Through the connection of the oap, you may be recommended for employment at the station where he or she works.

2. You are right about the types of internships. I totally agree with you. If you notice, it's still the same thing i said about both the internship and volunteering. The keyword there is working, whether for free or for money.

3. Sure. A radio station will only accept you as an intern if they have space for it. Volunteering or interning also come with vacancies, as it's obtainable for paid job vacancies. Some radio stations are filled up, so whether you want to work for them for free or not, they may still reject you. Also, i think it has to do connections. This is Nigeria. If you dont have strong connections to the station, you wont get the volunteering space. But who knows? You may be lucky.

4. My suggestions are:
Create your own podcast online and spread it for people to watch. Recommended channels are youtube, fb, tiktok, or any audio streaming platforms like mlxr (im not sure i got the abbrev. right), spotify, etc. I once downloaded one podcast app on google playstore years ago, but ive forgotten the name. Search google for suggestions. You can also start a mini blog and include vlogs in your contents. When these stations see your popularity, they'll be the ones looking for you. Just make sure that you are good at what you do and have huge fanbase.

Attend a media school owned by a popular oap. If you come out as one of the best graduating students for that session, the school founder may get you immediate employment. Another advantage of this is that during your training, you'll go for IT in any radio station. If you are good, the station may retain you for fulltime employment.

If your tertiary institution (poly or uni) owns a radio station, you can also go there and volunteer. Most radio stations owned by institutions prefer volunteers to people they'll pay. It doesnt matter if you've graduated or still a student.

5. Ib means Ibadan. That's where i base.

6. You are not disturbing me at all. Im glad to offer my little advice. It's nothing. Feel free to ask questions if you still have any. Im always ready to offer my 2 cents. What are we together for on nairaland for if we cant assist each other in our little ways?

However, please note that im not a radio staff. I studied communication and lang arts, what most people know as mass comm. But the only time i worked in a radio station was during my service year in 2016/17. And i didnt even work in the studio. It has always been my desire to work in a radio station, but never realize it to fruition. Just to let you know that im not a radio presenter or something like that. I just have the knowledge about these things and it's in line with my course of study.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 8:53am On Jan 14
Love800:
Nice.
I really appreciate u.
This write-up will go a long way for me.
Tank u.

That podcast stuff, is it dat i will download an app first or i will just start straight from facebook, tiktok?
I have alot to talk about in relationship and parenting.

smileyYou are welcome

You can start by using facebook live or upload your pre-recorded videos on youtube. For the app, download the app and start practicing with it first. The one i downloaded on playstore allowed me to record my mock radio talk shows, then i could upload the audio on the podcast's official website for wider audience. There is also an option on the app to go live while hosting your podcast show. Sadly, i cant recall the name. Type podcast on playstore and see the options that pop up. Spotify is also among the list.

Either way, just know that you can start your own radio show in your house without going to any radio station. The advantage here is that you can self-train yourself first before applying to these stations. And you can present your recorded podcasts to them as part of your cv.

Your two topics are great. Always ensure to give room for feedbacks and questions from your audience.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by Love800(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14
Thanks alot.
U really educate me like a brother.
U are the best.

I so much appreciate dis post.
Do have a wonderful night ahead.
cho25bc:

smileyYou are welcome

You can start by using facebook live or upload your pre-recorded videos on youtube. For the app, download the app and start practicing with it first. The one i downloaded on playstore allowed me to record my mock radio talk shows, then i could upload the audio on the podcast's official website for wider audience. There is also an option on the app to go live while hosting your podcast show. Sadly, i cant recall the name. Type podcast on playstore and see the options that pop up. Spotify is also among the list.

Either way, just know that you can start your own radio show in your house without going to any radio station. The advantage here is that you can self-train yourself first before applying to these stations. And you can present your recorded podcasts to them as part of your cv.

Your two topics are great. Always ensure to give room for feedbacks and questions from your audience.
Re: 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State by cho25bc(f): 11:36pm On Jan 14
Love800:
Thanks alot.
U really educate me like a brother.
U are the best.

I so much appreciate dis post.
Do have a wonderful night ahead.

😊😊😊

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elton John - Sacrifice - Mp3/mp4 Download + Lyrics / Brila FM Affected By The Lekki Flood, Goes Off Air / Romantic Lyrics – Korede Bello Ft. Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.