Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,445 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour (9141 Views)

‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Senate Rejects National Conference / Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by werepeLeri: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'm sure you were paid wonderfully to type that. Na hunger dey make the crayfish bend, they say.  lipsrsealed

Just as your whole being done bend from hunger - shio yakata for this one.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mr femi:

@Ileke-idi, I'm a new member(bout a week) and I have known you for a very long time even B4 I joined nairaland, nywz quick question, are people actually paid/sponsored to talk/post/support antagonize other opinions or perception on this forum? If true that would be a real eye opener for me.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by ortopazz(m): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
well well well well well well well this is the point that one gets vexed up, he is even rejecting, atleast he his on t.v, I cnt even remember the last time I SAW MY REP. ON T.V
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by ortopazz(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
the most annoying aspect of the whole issue is that the cameras do not even recognize the fact that he his in the building and not to talk of him standing up to talk for once.

but come to think of it, is it possible that one can be elected into NIGERIA'S HOUSE OF FAILURE AND WOULD NOT EVEN MAKE A SPEECH FOR ONCE?? ONLY TO SAY[size=8pt][size=8pt] AY'S [/size][/size]
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
ortopazz:

the most annoying aspect of the whole issue is that the cameras do not even recognize the fact that he his in the building and not to talk of him standing up to talk for once.

but come to think of it, is it possible that one can be elected into NIGERIA'S HOUSE OF FAILURE AND WOULD NOT EVEN MAKE A SPEECH FOR ONCE?? ONLY TO SAY[size=8pt][size=8pt] AY'S [/size][/size]

what are you saying, mon? undecided
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nice one oga femi, the man na real surulere boy! Unfortunately he belongs to a party which like all others except maybe labour party is rotten to the core. Now back to the national honours freakshow - how on earth can they overlook that bright lad from imo state [size=18pt]nnaemeka ikegwuonu[/size], the boy reaches out to over 2 million peasant farmers everyday for free by radio. He gives them priceless tips using simple internet tools, instead ppl like orubebe are getting national recognition, shior!

This is the first time I am hearing about this and i am soo impressed by this

WOW This is a real star.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Kilode1: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
Yes Nnaemeka Ikegwuonu is an inspiring man. I read about his work few years ago. He won an international award too for his advocacy on behalf of smallholder farmers I think.

Nigerian Looters won't recognize people like that young man, if he was a "youth" political bootlicker, an embezzler of public funds or a clown actin' a fool on TV, they would have given him an award undecided
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Akiika: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
Thumbs up for this guy.
I think we should start supporting lawmakers that seem to have some sense in them.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Tafugo: 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
Haha just Shows that even amongst thieves there is honour
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Gbawe: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
Kilode?!:

Yes Nnaemeka Ikegwuonu is an inspiring man. I read about his work few years ago. He won an international award too for his advocacy on behalf of smallholder farmers I think.

Nigerian Looters won't recognize people like that young man, if he was a "youth" political bootlicker, an embezzler of public funds or a clown actin' a fool on TV, they would have given him an award undecided

When we disenfranchise clearly deserving Nigerians, like this man, what way forward for us as a nation?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by OlaPhils(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2011
i think mr Femi should also reject his salary as well, cos i don't think they deserve the salary they earn. earning huge salary and not done enough means nothing to us. MAYBE u pass it to olubunmi eteh ; grin grin if u dont want. after all al those who ve collected, collect it for collecting sake, not becos i did any thing
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by semidaraeb(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
If he wants to show he is honourable he should have rejected his part of the 10% 0r 25% National budget they collect as allowances and salaries\, \\\\TOTAL RUB>>>BISH AND NO ONE SHOULD SAY HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT FIXED THE SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES.\, IF HE CAN REJECT THIS HONOUR\, HE CAN AS WELL REJECT THE ALLOWANCES AND SALARIES HE POCKETS EVERY MONTH THEN WILL I KNOW HE IS HONOURABLE \, OTHERWISE HE SHOULD STOP PLAYING TO THE GALLERY
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by tsadiq(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
Much bad eggs! He is right 4 his actions.
Nigeria needs people like him not like GEJ.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by meonbooty: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
2 Million farmers in Imo state?

Haba, esimedo now

How many farmers do we have in Nigeria sef?

Anyway, I am not surprised we arent doing well in the agricultural sector. What do you expect from a bunch of clueless mofos who spend most of their time listening to radio, instead of WORKING HARD.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
tsadiq:

Much bad eggs! He is right 4 his actions.
Nigeria needs people like him not like GEJ.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by daneyam: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
Hon Femi,
You have showed that there is hope for the future generation because NATIONAL HONOURS are not for sale.
May GOD keep strengthening you,

Cheers
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by icez: 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
Why do we nigerians suffer from amnesia. Was it not this same guy that shared money with bankole. I can remember he was one of those who was against the probing of the 360 cars bought for 6 000 000 naira each (there actual cost was 4 millon naira) and the 360 touch-lights bought for 18 000 naira each (touch-light made in heaven. wink) by the last assembly. When Keyamo brought up the case, himself and Ali Ndume condenmed nigerians and dino melaye for asking questions. He was part of the leadership at that time.
Even someone i respected very so much in the person of Abike Dabiri, also defended Bankole and the leadership (because bankole made her chairman of the house committee on diaspora). They were busy buying computer monitors for 500 000 naira each, they even bought tooth-pick and other items for members at extremely high rates.
Since then, IMHO they are all thesame; they are all first class thieves. angry
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by member479760: 12:42am On Nov 05, 2011
the award has been a joke for long!
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by werepeLeri: 3:08am On Nov 05, 2011
icez:

Why do we nigerians suffer from amnesia. Was it not this same guy that shared money with bankole.  I can remember he was one of those who was against the probing of the 360 cars bought for 6 000 000 naira each (there actual cost was 4 millon naira) and the 360  touch-lights bought for 18 000 naira each (touch-light made in heaven.  wink) by the last assembly. When Keyamo brought up the case, himself and Ali Ndume condenmed nigerians and dino melaye for  asking questions. He was part of the leadership at that time.
   Even someone i respected very so much in the person of Abike Dabiri, also defended Bankole  and the leadership (because bankole made her chairman of the house committee on diaspora). They were busy buying computer monitors for 500 000 naira each, they even bought tooth-pick and other items for members at extremely high rates.
   Since then, IMHO they are all thesame; they are all first class thieves.  angry

dONT MIND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PRAISE SINGLING HIM NOW FOR "REJECTING AN AWARD" - HOW MANY MILLIONS DOES HE SHARE WITH THEM ON A DAILY BASIS? HAS HE EVER COME OUT TO DENOUNCE ALL THAT WE KNOW ABOUT THEM? THIEVES ARE THE SAME.

ONLY FOOLS GET HOODWINKED BY FOLKS LIKE THIS. AND U SAID NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Jarus(m): 5:10am On Nov 05, 2011
On paper, this man sounds genuine and patriotic. If he is sincere about it and not a case of cheap politics, then he has my respect and salute.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Obiagu1(m): 5:24am On Nov 05, 2011
Jarus:

On paper, this man sounds genuine and patriotic. If he is sincere about it and not a case of cheap politics, then he has my respect and salute.

I think he is passionate about it, after all he sponsored a bill to amend the National Honours Act.

I commend he and others that have rejected the honour because it has been grossly abused and is now worthless.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Onlytruth(m): 5:27am On Nov 05, 2011
First it was Prof Chinualumogu Achebe. Now Femi Gbajabiamila (really tongue twisting name, phew!). But we are gradually producing men of principle who can stand above the lure of titles. This is big deal in Nigeria.
Kudos (whether he is playing politics or not). It ain't easy in naija.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 05, 2011
But how will rejecting his paycheck make a difference? In Nigeria, it's best to work from the inside out.
Simply rejecting his paycheck will mean more for others or another person to replace him.

Changing Nigeria is a slow tedious process.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by ArQuAbOy(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2011
werepeLeri:

dONT MIND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PRAISE SINGLING HIM NOW FOR "REJECTING AN AWARD" - HOW MANY MILLIONS DOES HE SHARE WITH THEM ON A DAILY BASIS? HAS HE EVER COME OUT TO DENOUNCE ALL THAT WE KNOW ABOUT THEM? THIEVES ARE THE SAME.

ONLY FOOLS GET HOODWINKED BY FOLKS LIKE THIS. AND U SAID NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER?
nakedall:

the award has been a joke for long!
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by lastpage: 3:31am On Nov 07, 2011
At least, out of a hundred and one CRIMINAL ACTS by our thieving Poli-trick-ians, Femi Gbajabiamila has denounced ONE!

Very commendable, IN THESE COUNTRY OF THE BLIND WHERE THE ONE-EYED BECOMES KING! shocked shocked
(and gets a "laudable commendation wink wink)

BTW: I hope he would next, write the President on the need to drastically reduce the paycheck of himself and his thieving House-Mates!
Then we can take him serious. grin grin
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2011
Only fools will criticize this man for rejecting Nigeria's bastardized national honours, Am surprised that some folks are still contemplating congratulating this hero of our democracy,
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by ortopazz(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2011
what are you saying, mon? :

wat it meanz mistar dntknw, is atleast I get 2 see femi gbajamila or wateva, on t.v talking or delibrating on hw d national cake wud reach him,buh on d odahand, nevar 4 once have d natinal assembly cameras caught my representative,either raising his good4nufin hand or evn standing to cntribute a national debates.

I hope u gt it, if u dnt, nt my fault dough.

As4 d awards, aksepting or nt aksepting doesn't justify d fact if he is rotten it makes little diff.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by blackolove(m): 8:30am On Nov 15, 2011
is not new afterall Prof. Chinue Achebe rejected his too.Femi is really not talking about party here,his point is that is not time to award him.we should have a rethink about his action.who say naija no go better?with men like these in ds country,we have hope in Nigeria.we know about men that have worked hard for ds particular award(OFR)but did not get it but Mr Femi have not worked for it but d award is already knocking on his door.bravo Femi.whether ACN,PDP,CPC,ANPP,APGA,etc all we want is a better day,a better Nigeria.Is not bad,if u know ur doing d right thing in ds country go ahead and dont look back,but if u think corruption will help build Nigeria,also go ahead.u reward await u soon
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by olawalebabs(m): 8:52am On Nov 15, 2011
On a lighter note, he know the medal is not enough that is why he did reject it in the first instance
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by BootyOnMe: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2011
He must have 'settled' his 'fraud/embezzlement' case in ATL too.
If im ves too much. . . make im first pickin come back from 'Paris' go school for Naija.
Or return all the Ghana must go bags his wife used to open that their 'fancy' restaurant in Abuja huh? wink
How did his wife's deportation case go btw? wink

Honorable lootocratic, member indeed, wey not fit reach AMERICA lai lai!!!!! kiss

It is no surprise that almost all politicians that run back to join politics. . . especially our famous BARRISTERS ALL have unfinished legal business in the USA.

Mu he he he he he he cheesy
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by ortopazz(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2011
BootyOnMe:

He must have 'settled' his 'fraud/embezzlement' case in ATL too.
If im ves too much. . . make im first pickin come back from 'Paris' go school for Naija.
Or return all the Ghana must go bags his wife used to open that their 'fancy' restaurant in Abuja huh? wink
How did his wife's deportation case go btw? wink

Honorable lootocratic, member indeed, wey not fit reach AMERICA lai lai!!!!! kiss

It is no surprise that almost all politicians that run back to join politics. . . especially our famous BARRISTERS ALL have unfinished legal business in the USA.

So after all this forming he had thiz kind skeletons in his cupboards, what happened to uniabuja, unical, unilag, u.I, O.A.u. A.b.u in 9ja. Yet u choose ghana n paris, na so, i fit flog u sef, if u blv in a brighter 9ja, let ur pikin skul n go tru d hazardz we go tru dn I'l blv ur a patriot.
Ishi,
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour by mbulela: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
icez:

Why do we nigerians suffer from amnesia. Was it not this same guy that shared money with bankole. I can remember he was one of those who was against the probing of the 360 cars bought for 6 000 000 naira each (there actual cost was 4 millon naira) and the 360 touch-lights bought for 18 000 naira each (touch-light made in heaven. wink) by the last assembly. When Keyamo brought up the case, himself and Ali Ndume condenmed nigerians and dino melaye for asking questions. He was part of the leadership at that time.
Even someone i respected very so much in the person of Abike Dabiri, also defended Bankole and the leadership (because bankole made her chairman of the house committee on diaspora). They were busy buying computer monitors for 500 000 naira each, they even bought tooth-pick and other items for members at extremely high rates.
Since then, IMHO they are all thesame; they are all first class thieves. angry
of course we have forgotten.
We Nigerians are so easy to please. all these political gymnastics that generate no motion can excite and entice us.
I wonder on what basis Abike Dabiri earned your respect?
I have long given up on this country of ours.
No one, not one of these clowns has my respect and nothing they do now or tomorrow surprises me.
I applaud him on rejecting the award but my respect and trust comes at a higher price and i doubt any one in the NASS can buy it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Tinubu Never Said Obama Invited Him' / Cameroonian Official Denies Report Of Release Of Boko Haram Hostages / Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.