Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC (25966 Views)

Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC / Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by MrEverest(m): 11:11am On Jan 09
Mayflowa:

What are you saying? BBC captured those issues you raised: Election and Jos killings[b]. BBC also did not do the investigation into Betta Edu. [/b]They just talked about it. Would you rather anyone steal public resources?

We don’t have enough news firm covering corruption, and you criticizing the few one we have. Do you know that there are Nigerians that work in BBC Nigeria? British is doing well for their country. They even allow Nigerian in troves to come to their land and stretch the social system.

You must know no one can help us. If you cannot take care of your country, no one can but they will talk about you because you are part of the world player.

You're not getting my point, what BBC is doing here is sycophancy.

I just highlighted your own statement. 'They talked about it' after Nigerians raised alarm, mounted pressure on the government and they eventually caved in, only for the BBC to start glorifying the government for doing something 'rare' in Nigeria?

Billions are being stolen by ministers and the ruling government and the news keep circulating everyday, have the BBC bothered to do investigative reporting on them?

When they manage to talk about the massacres in the middle belt, do they conduct investigative journalism? No! They still use the same rhetorics of farmer/herder crises or effects of global warming causing herders to move southwards. But any investigative reporting will definitely reveal that ethnic cleansing is going on against Christian natives! They know that but refuse to report it!

I care less about TB Joshua or what the British government do in their own country, but know that they collude with the corrupt politicians in Nigeria, for their own selfish agenda!
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by MrEverest(m): 11:21am On Jan 09
YourGFsnatcher:

When emotions rather than intelligence is talking u will know. Most Black people just talk out of emotions. They have very low intelligence

You're quite ignorant and very gullible. What you said exactly mirrors yourself.

Until you start seeing things beyond their face value, and rather thinking deeply about motives, then you're still a baby.

BBC works for the British government and what they perceive to be in their own interest. They don't mind encouraging corrupt governments in Nigerian as long as it benefits them. They're not after the interest of Nigerian masses.

Going after TB Joshua is a low hanging fruits for them which they're milking but the real problem facing Nigerians which is corrupt politicians and gross maladministration is never their concern.

If they were the ones that busted this criminal minister, then it would have made sense. Have you asked yourself why they never do anything that exposes our corrupt politicians?
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by MrEverest(m): 11:25am On Jan 09
Racoon:
Obasanjo and Yar Addua's suspended erring corrupt ministers in their government.

This is exactly my point. Corrupt ministers were suspended or removed by Obasanjo, Yaradua and even Jonathan. Only for BBC to claim it's a rare thing to suspend a corrupt minister in Nigeria.

They're only playing sycophancy and indirectly supporting a government that is absolutely corrupt.
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by ubimagos: 3:54pm On Jan 09
MrEverest:
Lol, I pity those still taking BBC serious. This useless establishment is not a media house but rather a propaganda machinery of the British government. Of all the serious issues bedeviling Nigeria they saw non to conduct investigation on. Hundreds are literally being slaughtered in middle belt but they never sent a reporter talk more of investigation. Election was blatantly rigged but BBC never did investigative journalism. What about #endsars? No!

However, this pathetic establishment had time to investigate late TB Joshua. Now, they're saying trash again that isn't even factual just to promote their evil interests.

Spit!
So na Arise TV we go come take serious? Dey play!
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by Mayflowa(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09
MrEverest:

You're not getting my point, what BBC is doing here is sycophancy.

I just highlighted your own statement. 'They talked about it' after Nigerians raised alarm, mounted pressure on the government and they eventually caved in, only for the BBC to start glorifying the government for doing something 'rare' in Nigeria?

Billions are being stolen by ministers and the ruling government and the news keep circulating everyday, have the BBC bothered to do investigative reporting on them?

When they manage to talk about the massacres in the middle belt, do they conduct investigative journalism? No! They still use the same rhetorics of farmer/herder crises or effects of global warming causing herders to move southwards. But any investigative reporting will definitely reveal that ethnic cleansing is going on against Christian natives! They know that but refuse to report it!

I care less about TB Joshua or what the British government do in their own country, but know that they collude with the corrupt politicians in Nigeria, for their own selfish agenda!

I got your point now. And there is truth in what you said. However, it is very sensitive to allude to or confirm religious or ethnic cleansing. The ripples it will generate will be broad-ranging. It is Nigerians that work in BBC that don't have balls. Westerners can sacrifice their lives pursuing their passion but Africans fear too much. Only few are capable of endangering their lives. I have heard people taking bribe only because they will be endanger if they refused. Meanwhile, Brad Raffensperger, ordinary Georgia election officer, who coincidentally belong to same party as Trump, refused to be bribed by Trump to add 11,780 votes so he can be president.
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by adekolaelect(m): 7:56am On Jan 10
UptownVibes:
Do you have peace of mind in the country? Can you boldly travel through kogi to abuja at night?
The peace of mind you can have is the one you give to yourself. I am not in support of condemning everything about Nigeria . This made many Nigerians to Japa anyhow which many of them are regretting by now . Nigeria not yet in the glorious as we want but there are other countries worst than ours.
Re: Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC by waternogetemeny: 10:27pm On Jan 10
Seun:
Women in government should forget about stealing. The men under them will be very happy to report them if they steal.

I need help getting hammerfc for my daily post on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency: Northern Youths Declare War On Cabal / Water Returns To Kwara State, 48 Hours After Governor Abdulrazaq Visit / Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.