Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly (21942 Views)

Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final / Flying Eagles Lose, Falconets Win As Football Begins At The All Africa Games / Barcelona Lose 2 - 3 To Eintracht Frankfurt, Crash Out Of Europa League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by robosky02(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08
AFCON: What Nigerians are saying as Super Eagles lose 2-0 to Guinea in friendly

Football followers and lovers of the senior men’s national team, the Super Eagles have expressed divergent feelings following the team’s 2-0 defeat to Guinea in a friendly match played at Abu Dhabi on Monday.

The Super Eagles were beaten 2-0 by the Syli Stars of Guinea in their final friendly ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The encounter at the Banis Yas Stadium, Abu Dhabi, was played behind closed doors.

The Syli Stars took the lead in the 14th minute and doubled their advantage on 64 minutes.

Reacting to the outcome of the game on X, some sports lovers felt disappointed, saying they are not expecting the team to fly at Ivory Coast.

@Celineemykeny said, “I like the fact that you all don’t want to show yourself now, we don’t want the opposing team to understand our tactics until the main thing starts.”

@Tbksports noted, “Like I said before, it’s just a friendly, AFCON 2023 will be different and we are winning it.”

Another X user, @exquisiteDemola added, “Personally I don zero my expectations on you guys… Just go the AFCON and mark attendance.”

@Tobyasky said, “Guinea is beating us and we want to win AFCON. You guys ehn!
Osimhen can even pay the salary of the full Guinea squad, Nawa!”

In the same vein, @mchajji observed, “This is not good. The Super Eagles need to find a solution asap.”

Reacting to the defeat, @chinedu_Anyanwu advised Nigerians, “My advice for this AFCON:
Don’t count on this team! Don’t expect any good thing as far as Peseiro is in charge.”

@AGINAS said, “Thank God DSTV no go show this AFCON, na more sadness una for add to Nigerians. We’re not ready for another heartbreak.

The Super Eagles will return to Lagos on Tuesday night where they will be hosted by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The three-time African champions will depart for Abidjan on Wednesday for the tournament proper.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/08/afcon-what-nigerians-are-saying-as-super-eagles-lose-2-0-to-guinea-in-friendly/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Zonefree(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08
Na Senegal I dey support for this AFCON.

Super Eagles is not a serious team.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by fastseo: 9:12pm On Jan 08
Super eagle ended the time of jayjay okocha

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by robosky02(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08
So guys what will be nairalanders reaction

For me

Aside patriotism
To be realistic
Nigeria will find it difficult in this AFCON, because we are just struggling with minors who can't stand us before.

How can we stand out mates

They say he won 12-0
Who did he win division 3 team

12 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Chimookigwe: 9:12pm On Jan 08
Zonefree:
Na Senegal I dey support for this AFCON.

Super Eagles is not a serious team.

Baba, if I enter Computer Village or Idumota, gather 11 boys at random, find 1 cripple put for post, them go beat this Super Eagles team.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by chiefolododo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08
The Super Eagles players do what they want

If they want to win...they can reach at least semi-final as in the days of Kanu,Okocha and the rest

If they want to go back to their various clubs, expect them to crash out immediately after group stage

I have no hope in them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by GanagiBitrus: 9:12pm On Jan 08
I see the S/Eagles winning the AFCON trophy.

This, I have not seen. cool

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Tywo2018: 9:13pm On Jan 08
Are u sure is qualified.
Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by NiggasInParis: 9:13pm On Jan 08
Nigerians love cruise too much. So we feel because one or two players are doing good in their Individual clubs, it automatically translates to a whole squad …

You don’t know the framework for maximum results is dependent on a whole lot of presiding factors beginning from NFF, Coach, training, players, discipline etc

Talk about Evangelical mediocrity grin … na too much social media Dey worry una sha.. Ordinary Guinea for friendly match you lose 2:0 … Nonsense

if we even pass group stage thank God tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:14pm On Jan 08
No need to worry. Na to bet against Nigeria in all the matches

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by makavalley(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08
And they want to do sent forth for them today so I heard ....well its friendly let's just be hopeful

1 Like

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Alexlalax1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08
Am an Arsenal fan and can't support the super chickens at the same time....I am too young to die!!!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by MorataFC: 9:15pm On Jan 08
They will go far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by parcydrix(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08
It's better they lose now and see their mistakes than losing in AFCON.
I no too get hope for this team shaa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Openair: 9:16pm On Jan 08
Competition in Ivory Coast, super eagles are training in Dubai.

Does this even show any sign of seriousness to start with ?

When competition starts, you'll start hearing, if Guinea Bissau can just draw Ivory Coast and Equitorial Guinea draw Guinea Bissau, we'll qualify (we no go win on our own oo, na other people draw and losses we go dey pray for 🤣)

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by obinna58(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08
Nigeria no fit beat any afcon team presently

Peseiro scammed 200million Nigerians, he built nothing while getting paid and holding us contract hostage

10 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Kingluqman(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08
They are going to CIV for excursion grin

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by reyscrub(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08
Chimookigwe:

Baba, if I enter Computer Village or Idumota, gather 11 boys at random, find 1 cripple put for post, them go beat this Super Eagles team.

Meaning no super in eagle again right?

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by VinnyBaba: 9:17pm On Jan 08
fastseo:
Super eagle ended the time of jayjay okocha

How about the Nations Cup we won in 2013 with Stephen Keshi

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:17pm On Jan 08
That is football. It is not mathematics. In the last AFCON, Nigeria won Egypt in their first match, topped the group but yet couldn't go beyond while Egypt ended up in the final but lost to a penalty shoot out.

12 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by mosicola(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08
robosky02:
AFCON: What Nigerians are saying as Super Eagles lose 2-0 to Guinea in friendly

Football followers and lovers of the senior men’s national team, the Super Eagles have expressed divergent feelings following the team’s 2-0 defeat to Guinea in a friendly match played at Abu Dhabi on Monday.

The Super Eagles were beaten 2-0 by the Syli Stars of Guinea in their final friendly ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The encounter at the Banis Yas Stadium, Abu Dhabi, was played behind closed doors.

The Syli Stars took the lead in the 14th minute and doubled their advantage on 64 minutes.

Reacting to the outcome of the game on X, some sports lovers felt disappointed, saying they are not expecting the team to fly at Ivory Coast.

@Celineemykeny said, “I like the fact that you all don’t want to show yourself now, we don’t want the opposing team to understand our tactics until the main thing starts.”

@Tbksports noted, “Like I said before, it’s just a friendly, AFCON 2023 will be different and we are winning it.”

Another X user, @exquisiteDemola added, “Personally I don zero my expectations on you guys… Just go the AFCON and mark attendance.”

@Tobyasky said, “Guinea is beating us and we want to win AFCON. You guys ehn!
Osimhen can even pay the salary of the full Guinea squad, Nawa!”

In the same vein, @mchajji observed, “This is not good. The Super Eagles need to find a solution asap.”

Reacting to the defeat, @chinedu_Anyanwu advised Nigerians, “My advice for this AFCON:
Don’t count on this team! Don’t expect any good thing as far as Peseiro is in charge.”

@AGINAS said, “Thank God DSTV no go show this AFCON, na more sadness una for add to Nigerians. We’re not ready for another heartbreak.

The Super Eagles will return to Lagos on Tuesday night where they will be hosted by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The three-time African champions will depart for Abidjan on Wednesday for the tournament proper.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/08/afcon-what-nigerians-are-saying-as-super-eagles-lose-2-0-to-guinea-in-friendly/
I don't watch super eagles matches. Just the score is what I want to hear cos this team almost lead me to HBP. I prefer staying at ashawo quarter to watching them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by DaTruths: 9:18pm On Jan 08
Nigeria must lose the group stage, Nigeria will never win any major trophy again.

Foolish country wey spoil my ticket.

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Mpcoll001: 9:18pm On Jan 08
Hmmmm....
Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by duduade: 9:18pm On Jan 08
Waste of Nigeria s taxes

They should ban sports too in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Offpoint1: 9:21pm On Jan 08
angry Giving themselves false hope.
Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Cti28(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08
The fastest way to get a HBP, is supporting the Super Eagle

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by sonature1: 9:22pm On Jan 08
This is probably going to be Nigeria's worst AFCON outing.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by godwon01(m): 9:23pm On Jan 08
Loosing in a friendly match doesn't mean you can not perform well in the actual competition. Nigerian lost to Togo in 1996 on their way to Atlanta 96. The team paraded players like JJ Okocha, Kanu, Amokachi, Oliseh, Ikpeba and Amuneke. They were beaten by 3 goals to nothing. Players are always afraid of injury before the real competition.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by Loci88: 9:24pm On Jan 08
Sad mood
Re: AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly by MrJames007: 9:24pm On Jan 08
Hope these people won't disappoint me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football Clinic For Kids Powered By Tecno / 91,500 Fans In Camp Nou. Barcelona Women Make World Record In Classico Win / Victor Moses Celebrates his 26th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.