Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final (7072 Views)

AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly / Nigeria Thrash South Africa 0-3 In All Africa Games Women Football. / Edidiong Odiong Wins Asian Games Women’s 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by naptu2: 10:19am On Mar 22
Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTi-7pOrXYQ

African Games 2023: Falconets Lose To Ghana In Final

Ghana’s Black Princesses came from a goal down to beat Nigeria’s Falconets 2-1 after extra-time, in the African Games 2023 football event on Thursday night.

The defeat means the Falconets’ reign as African Games champions has ended.

Loveth Edeh put the Falconets 1-0 ahead in the 23rd minute, slotting the ball home after the Ghanaian keeper spilled the ball.

With 12 minutes left Ghana equalised through Tracy Twum.

In the 99th minute of extra-time Mukarama Abdullai scored the winner as her low shot on the edge of the box beat the Falconets keeper.

https://www.completesports.com/african-games-2023-falconets-lose-to-ghana-in-final/

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by naptu2: 10:19am On Mar 22
African Games 2023: Losing To Ghana Hard Pill To Take –Falconets Midfielder Laments

Falconets midfielder Rukayat Shobowale has described the African Games women’s final defeat to Ghana as a hard pill to take.

Despite going behind in the first half, Ghana’s Black Princesses went on to win 2-1 after extra-time in Thursday’s final.

Loveth Edeh gave the Falconets the lead in the 24th minute but Tracy Twum equalised for Ghana on 78 minutes.

Then in the 99th minute of extra-time Mukarama Abdullai got the winner for the hosts.

The win means Ghana ended Nigeria’s reign as champions in the women’s football event of the African Games.

Reacting to the defeat, Shobowale went on to thank Nigerians for their support.

“It was a hard pill to take loosing the final of the Africa Games,” she wrote on X.

“We appreciate Nigerians for their support while in Accra.”

Meanwhile, the Falconets will feature at this year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia.

The competition will start on 31 August and end 22 September.

https://www.completesports.com/african-games-2023-losing-to-ghana-hard-pill-to-take-falconets-midfielder-laments/

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Talkisneeded: 11:00am On Mar 22
Painful as hell..

I sell herbs tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by 4tomandchi: 11:01am On Mar 22
We defeated them the last time out on home soil so I believe they needed the game the most credit must also be given to our girls for a fine showing.

God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Edoreborn: 11:01am On Mar 22
Pls house,,I need ur advice..What business can one do 2.5m that will yield serious turn over

1 Like

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by geoworldedu: 11:01am On Mar 22
Did they swear 2-1 loss in finals for Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by mercysamuelson(m): 11:01am On Mar 22
No champion forever. Know that and know peace.

4 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by cardoctor(m): 11:03am On Mar 22
Well done. Let's keep moving forward.

1 Like

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Neduzze5(m): 11:03am On Mar 22
Ghana go laugh is for this one.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Offpoint1: 11:05am On Mar 22
Ghana is one country Nigeria should never lose anything to....

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by obinna58(m): 11:06am On Mar 22
No fvks given, it’s literally under20
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Swanzi(m): 11:06am On Mar 22
But this is normal Ghana always beats Nija in football nothing new here grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by stagger: 11:07am On Mar 22
Who coached this team?

A totally disjointed performance the whole game. Just kick and follow with no pattern.

10 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:07am On Mar 22
Oh.ko, but we were leading at halftime
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:09am On Mar 22
Talkisneeded:
Painful as hell..

I sell herbs tho

Seems u have been to hell b4. Hell and herms are harmonic
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by GanagiBitrus: 11:10am On Mar 22
Small girls.
SF still reign Supreme.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by dominique(f): 11:10am On Mar 22
Ghanaian teams both male and female may be mediocre when playing other teams but whenever they meet Nigeria, they come out guns blazing making you wonder if this is the same team that struggled with weaker teams. I won't be surprised if the match we have with them will bring out same scoreline

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 11:10am On Mar 22
Borrow me
Edoreborn:
Pls house,,I need ur advice..What business can one do 2.5m that will yield serious turn over
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by seecould: 11:12am On Mar 22
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Edoreborn: 11:14am On Mar 22
2RightHands1Coc:
Borrow me
hmmmmm
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by abobote: 11:19am On Mar 22
They should be ashamed of themselves for not kicking those black ass out

3 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Hafeexla(m): 11:21am On Mar 22
dominique:
Ghanaian teams both male and female may be mediocre when playing other teams but whenever they meet Nigeria, they come out guns blazing making you wonder if this is the same team that struggled with weaker teams. I won't be surprised if the match we have with them will bring out same scoreline

That is because we seems not to take them serious, the match was ours to win. But there was no fans from our side. We press them but decide not to score and the capitalize on the little space we gave them to score. Though a game must always go two ways but we really f**ced up yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Racoon(m): 11:23am On Mar 22
Not bad! Congratulations girls! You have been proving your mettle in this age-grade competition for a long time. Better luck next time.

4 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by smokinloud(m): 11:23am On Mar 22
We still be their baba. Their men go chop their cane

4 Likes

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Burruchaga71(m): 11:27am On Mar 22
Okay.

My God continue to bless Biafrans allover the world Amen..
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by dalongjnr: 11:28am On Mar 22
The game was disjointed and the girls disorganized.
The referee didn't even help issues!
Out of my busy schedules, I dedicated 2 hours of my time to watched the game and have to go back into my study at 12:30 AM after the extra time of the encounter.
It was just a bad day for the girls.

1 Like

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by MOPDEEP: 11:52am On Mar 22
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Federalis: 11:59am On Mar 22
Nigeria own nah to struggle reach final, then go mess up
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by yemmight(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22
The game is not even popular.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by mikeapollo: 12:11pm On Mar 22
Hafeexla:

That is because we seems not to take them serious, the match was ours to win. But there was no fans from our side. We press them but decide not to score and the capitalize on the little space we gave them to score. Though a game must always go two ways but we really f**ced up yesterday.

You no take Ghana serious? Big lie! Always deceiving yourselves to feel good.
Nigeria ALWAYS takes Ghana very serious! Go read what Finidi George said about the friendly we are about to play today against Ghana.
Ghana has had the better record of beating Nigeria since pre-independence years, hence it has been the ambition y and determination of Nigerian football teams to always beat Ghana as a revenge. Nigeria is always very serious against Ghana, but there is some psychological fear and nervousness when the Super Eagles meet the Black Stars.
Ghana has NEVER been a team for Nigeria to take lightly or unserious during clashes. Even friendly matches are hotly contested by both teams! It is only in female football that Nigeria has clear better record against Ghana, but everybody is catching up nowadays. South Africa now has probably the strongest senior women football team in Africa now.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by ManOfSon: 12:34pm On Mar 22
I never watched a more incompetent Nigerian team, ever. How they got to the final must be a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Hafeexla(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22
mikeapollo:

You no take Ghana serious? Big lie! Always deceiving yourselves to feel good.
Nigeria ALWAYS takes Ghana very serious! Go read what Finidi George said about the friendly we are about to play today against Ghana.
Ghana has had the better record of beating Nigeria since pre-independence years, hence it has been the ambition y and determination of Nigerian football teams to always beat Ghana as a revenge. Nigeria is always very serious against Ghana, but there is some psychological fear and nervousness when the Super Eagles meet the Black Stars.
Ghana has NEVER been a team for Nigeria to take lightly or unserious during clashes. Even friendly matches are hotly contested by both teams! It is only in female football that Nigeria has clear better record against Ghana, but everybody is catching up nowadays. South Africa now has probably the strongest senior women football team in Africa now.

Before I exchange any word with you, did you watch yesterday match?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pool Week 30,week Of Blue. / I Want To Help You Grow And Hit Alabi Hard / Somebody Pity Me, See Game Wey Cut My Money...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.