Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

An Interesting Poem On Amebo (gossip) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Interesting Poem On Amebo (gossip) (1198 Views)

Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story / The Amebo Principle In Chidi Anthony Opara’s "I Dey Shake Head 3" / Unveiling Nigeria's Most Dreaded Gossip Journalist........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Interesting Poem On Amebo (gossip) by deezoneclu: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2011
The last poem i posted here on agony of childbirth received lots of applauds. This is another one.

Here is an appeal to the busybodies who cannot just hold their peace. Wazobia – our nation – is filled with many of them and if you are one, please stop doing that and let your yes be yes. Moreso let your gentleness be revealed to all for the sake of yourself and your family plus the end is near.Actually i’m not one of them (laughs) but you know… God will help us all not to murmur. Again if you are on of them, i got you.

Of generosity in absurdity
And with plenteous words – baked
In both the seen and unseen – served
With words too fast to be trapped
Say, she employs her talent exhaling hearsays

“Have you heard?” She begins
Flourishing in a neighborhood of idlers
Like beget like; a colony erupts
Fixing ears to the walls of Wazobia

“I’ve not said it all…” She continues
Pampering her soulishness and taking thoughts
Self-pityingly of the penury of her speed
She quickens, like the pedal of a sewing machine
Flipping through chapters of public profiles

“No…(coughs) Noo, ” She gallops
Outstretched ears vibrate hoping to reconnect to server
Sermonic echo booms – Let thy yes be yes and no, no
Elongated hisses and floating curses fly back to sender

Now, with wrappers re-wrapped
Revealing an underlay of a checkered I-don’t-know
That has suffered wear and rich in erosion
They dispatch, each to her mission snooping from house to house
Hoping to bring a harvest of sham words

Don’t forget to leave a comment on my website www.davexpression.[co.[cc]. Would love to hear your view. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Enigma / A Game Of Rings [crime] / How Do I Check Plagarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.