Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial (18335 Views)

My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09
I applied for a visitors visa in 2005 and was refused based on family ties in the country I was supposed to visit.
My question is how long does the embassy keep record of visa denials?
I heard there is an immigration record retention period of six years.
How true is this? Valuable inputs from experts needed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by aylagos(m): 11:11pm On Jan 09
Forever

31 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 12:15am On Jan 10
aylagos:
Forever

It's not possible.
There is an immigration record retention act that regulates what and when certain documents (hard & e copy) are discarded. Depending on the type of application, issued or denied.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by ednut1(m): 1:58am On Jan 10
infofta:

It's not possible.
There is an immigration record retention act that regulates what and when certain documents (hard & e copy) are discarded. Depending on the type of application, issued or denied.
USA 100 years. You are probably dead by then. Unless you applied before biometrics was introduced and changed your name. All major embassies will find your records in their database.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:12am On Jan 10
ednut1:
USA 100 years. You are probably dead by then. Unless you applied before biometrics was introduced and changed your name. All major embassies will find your records in their database.

100 years Jesus Christ grin grin so if they ban someone true true the person go die he no go enter the country.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by ednut1(m): 2:44am On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

100 years Jesus Christ grin grin so if they ban someone true true the person go die he no go enter the country.
ban is usually 5 years for USA. I know someone that was deported from UK for domestic violence, he returned to the UK after 10 years to see his children. 😆

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:48am On Jan 10
ednut1:
ban is usually 5 years for USA. I know someone that was deported from UK for domestic violence, he returned to the UK after 10 years to see his children. 😆

Actually, US ban is for life. You can confirm online.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:00am On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

Not all bans are for life

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by hinograce: 6:50am On Jan 10
Every new application is treated afresh.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by TheFacelessMan: 7:29am On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

Nope. I know someone personally who has gotten a 5 year ban. Also 10 years for another.

Depends on the crime.

Terrorist acts, multiple victims in a shooting spree, serial killing will earn the culprit permanent residence visa grin

Forgery of documents, misrepresentation carry lesser bans.

NOTE: " Somebody's gotta die " so "I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy," then "murder was the case that they gave me".

20 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Resetinc: 12:13pm On Jan 10
Chaii , I miss those days, as dem deny visa you go just crop photo put for another passport with different identity go submit new application the next day …. 😂
Corruption sweet I swear .. electronic passport come spoil everything… it’s well 😎

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10
It's gonna be with them forever. Remember you did Biometrics? Pulling your information from their archives won't be something difficult

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by casualobserver: 12:15pm On Jan 10
infofta:
I applied for a visitors visa in 2005 and was refused based on family ties in the country I was supposed to visit.

The questions you should ask are 1) for how long does a previous visa rejection matter. 2) if your circumstances change does a previous rejection matter.

I believe any visa rejection will always be on your file but it may not be considered after a certain time period.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by sylve11: 12:16pm On Jan 10
ednut1:

Na wa o shocked cool
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by iamoyindamola(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

Not all ban

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by cenaman(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10
For life
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10
Bh
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Paraman: 12:19pm On Jan 10
cenaman:
For life
Not every ban is for life, it all depends on what the person do.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by pek(m): 12:19pm On Jan 10
UK is 10 years

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by GboyegaD(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10
It is difficult to say in this time and age since the record can be easily stored however, I think if it isn't a van, you shouldn't be too worried about it.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Golan007: 12:20pm On Jan 10
Resetinc:
Chaii , I miss those days, as dem deny visa you go just crop photo put for another passport with different identity go submit new application the next day …. 😂
Corruption sweet I swear .. electronic passport come spoil everything… it’s well 😎

grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by domack99(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10
You were not ban from entry the country, you were denied visa based on documentation provided. You can just reapply.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by santaclaws: 12:21pm On Jan 10
Records are kept forever. Visa bans, on the other hand, are for a limited period, usually 5-10 years, but even after the ban expires, they have a record showing you were once banned...

4 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by adesegun121(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10
Ok
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by pek(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10
Shoolala234:
Have been trying to upload my photo for international passport but it keeps saying image should be taken under proper light
in as much as you try to divert from the topic, resnap the picture. Go to another studio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by stankezzy: 12:23pm On Jan 10
Ban is not for life , it depends on what u did, even under ban u can still go to court challenging it from your country or u apply for special permission to visit the country, atimes us approves visit even under ban , atiku visited us during election
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Storyoflove: 12:23pm On Jan 10
He or she is simply asking for VISA DENIAL and not BAN.
Most comments are on BAN

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by LordIsaac(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10
There’s no shame in stating why you were denied. They will still give you opportunity to convince them otherwise. Some people are not even asked why, they just approve them on the basis of their current status.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Calitoscassius(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10
Shoolala234:
Have been trying to upload my photo for international passport but it keeps saying image should be taken under proper light
Go take it under proper light then! angry what da fork else do ya want us to tell you?

3 Likes

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by treesun: 12:29pm On Jan 10
infofta:

Forever, dont change your data!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens / Travel Advice By The Embassy Of Nigeria, Ukraine / Unidentified Woman Killed In Accident In Nasarawa, Man Injured (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.