Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial (18352 Views)

My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by optimusprime2(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10
For the US, those records are for life
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Calitoscassius(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10
pek:
in as much as you try to divert from the topic, resnap the picture. Go to another studio
I wonder, what a dumbo! these kinda people want to travel abroad? grin just re take the damm picture!

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Irupetepete: 12:30pm On Jan 10
Ok
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by optimusprime2(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10
infofta:

It's not possible.
There is an immigration record retention act that regulates what and when certain documents (hard & e copy) are discarded. Depending on the type of application, issued or denied.

Bro,
If its for the US, then It's for life... I understand your perspective, but it's for life.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Skillsnigeria: 12:31pm On Jan 10
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Calitoscassius(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10
Storyoflove:
He or she is simply asking for VISA DENIAL and not BAN.
Most comments are on BAN
Most of them cannot read or comprehend.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Akin0: 12:35pm On Jan 10
10 years. After 10 years you can re-apply

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by rapcy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10
infofta:
I applied for a visitors visa in 2005 and was refused based on family ties in the country I was supposed to visit.
My question is how long does the embassy keep record of visa denials?
I heard there is an immigration record retention period of six years.
How true is this? Valuable inputs from experts needed.

I don't know your reason for asking sha, but, if the question ever come up Baba answer dem the truth, don't hide it, you no kill person plus the reason dem deny you b4 no serious sef
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by miketayo(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10
infofta:
I applied for a visitors visa in 2005 and was refused based on family ties in the country I was supposed to visit.

Why are you worried about a single denial? Just go and apply
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by tunize(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10
Shoolala234:
Have been trying to upload my photo for international passport but it keeps saying image should be taken under proper light
We are on same boat have you been able to resolve urs?
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by observanc1: 12:45pm On Jan 10
infofta:

whenever you apply for visa, even in 20 years time, if they ask "have u ever been denied visa?" Better say yes and state the reason.
Most organisations keep keep an archive of electronic copy of their documents before destroying the physical copy. So even if a document has a 10-year retention period, after 10 years, the hard copy will be destroyed but the soft copy exists.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by pafun(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10
10 years unless you are a criminal
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10
hinograce:
Every new application is treated afresh.

They will certainly do a background check on the applicant to see what they have about him
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by onadana: 1:13pm On Jan 10
infofta:

When you are denied,make sure the reason for your denial is addressed in the next application.Each application is treated on merit and on it's own doesn't matter how many times you applied.Even if you wait for 6months,five years etc and you don't address the reason of your initial denial,you will still be denied.A different person might look at your application and if it is convincing enough you will be granted.The reasons for most denials are if your application is not convincing beyond reasonable doubt.Once there is a doubt,forget it
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by onadana: 1:13pm On Jan 10
When you are denied,make sure the reason for your denial is addressed in the next application.Each application is treated on merit and on it's own doesn't matter how many times you applied.Even if you wait for 6months,five years etc and you don't address the reason of your initial denial,you will still be denied.A different person might look at your application and if it is convincing enough you will be granted.The reasons for most denials are if your application is not convincing beyond reasonable doubt.Once there is a doubt,forget it
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10
Emeskhalifa:
It's gonna be with them forever. Remember you did Biometrics? Pulling your information from their archives won't be something difficult

I didn't do biometrics and besides embassy keep biometrics for a certain period of time.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by infofta(m): 1:23pm On Jan 10
domack99:
You were not ban from entry the country, you were denied visa based on documentation provided. You can just reapply.

The rational is not to reveal any family member which was a negative factor in the previous application
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Esinwaju: 1:38pm On Jan 10
Storyoflove:
He or she is simply asking for VISA DENIAL and not BAN.
Most comments are on BAN
Me sef begin wonder whether na the same thread abi another one.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by drerocker: 1:58pm On Jan 10
infofta:

If u want your records to be wiped out hala me
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10
infofta:

Anything from 2008 remains permanent on there system. But as of 2005 the haven't started the biometric, so you good..
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Amotekun777: 2:07pm On Jan 10
Yes, they keep records of denial, and it's permanent. That does not mean you're ineligible for a visa tho.

If you're asked if you've ever applied or denied a U.S visa or any other country's visa, of course you should answer accordingly regardless of the situation.

The western nations have access to each others databases, so just say the truth.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Ykc2(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

100 years Jesus Christ grin grin so if they ban someone true true the person go die he no go enter the country.
but nigeria is greatest country where are you going Again
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Tzar(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10
Many years ago most embassies keep your record for 5-10years.
These days ,due to paperless storage and huge data retention capacities, your applications are kept forever in most Western embassies. These records can also be shared amongst embassies in the West (US, UK, EU, Canada and Australia)
Therefore, it is in your best interest not to lie, as long as the period they request for information is covered. You don't have to inform them of a negative if it is not within the period the info is requested.
Note that visa denial is not the end of the world. The same embassy that denied you a visa will give you if you fulfil the requirements that made them deny you in the 1st place and your record is not suspiciously different from the record they have or has been shared by other embassies.
The problem is that most people use agents who fill details that will significantly change the records of the applicant in future. These agent will wickedly not share details in the application so that you keep coming back to them.
It is very important to keep your application details the same across ALL embassies in western countries, unless a few details needs correction due to unintentional errors that you have documents to prove the correction.
Bottom line is the visa application success is based on the discretion of the issuing country. Even entry into the country inspite of having a visa is still discretionary.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by SonofGod231: 2:32pm On Jan 10
Why's this question coming up if you're just reapplying with simple details indicating you've previously been denied.... E go shock you if you skip these details dem go Ban you for another 10yrs quoting your previous application and the passport number you used 25yrs ago. Better be straight forward,it's not a do or die affair.
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Dynamicboss: 2:47pm On Jan 10
domack99:
You were not ban from entry the country, you were denied visa based on documentation provided. You can just reapply.

People were discussing ban and I just got tired. The topic is visa denial lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by mrpassionate(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10
All G7 countries I can guarantee you they kept the data forever. I don't know of the rest.

Best move is, You shouldn't lie in your application.

infofta:
I
applied for a visitors visa in 2005 and was refused based on family ties in the country I was supposed to visit.

Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Lankybaby(f): 3:40pm On Jan 10
How long does an administrative review to come out and is there a chance of visa getting approved after been denied plsss
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Yankee101: 3:43pm On Jan 10
They’ll still have your records indefinitely
But they’ll usually ask you to state denials within a period of time only
And a previous denial shouldn’t stop you from applying anytime as long as your situation for denial has changed
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Bluffly: 4:11pm On Jan 10
Forever
Re: How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial by Sheffieldconsul: 4:23pm On Jan 10
Why are you worried about a visa application that was denied in 2005? Have your circumstances not changed since 2005? Make a fresh application, acknowledge the refusal and if they ask, state why you were refused. Except ban as a result of fraud , etc. I don't see why you're fretting about visa denial! Apart from supporting documents and visa officer following guidelines, the rest is subjective and circumstantial.
infofta:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Yahaya Yakubu Forgets His Iphone 6 At Noi Bai Int'l Airport / Dangote Truck Rams Into Moore Filling Station, Ekiti State (Photos) / Egypt Visa Application For Nigerians A Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.