Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? (17727 Views)

Charge Your Phone, Power Bank & Other Devices With NEPA Light, No Generator / How To Charge Phone With "Hand Sanitizer And Coffee" / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:49am On Jan 16
EkelediliBuhari:

If you’re not married, discontinue the convo

If you are read up the laws on consummation then we go continue this discourse

Knacking on wedding night is not necessary.

You can go and read all the other books you like.

But take it from me..
Even though it is a good thing to do,, it is not compulsory, and also not necessary.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Igboslayer: 11:50am On Jan 16
1. Battery Calibration
2. Firmware and Software Configuration:
3. Battery Longevity:

Lithium-ion batteries have a limited number of charge cycles. By fully charging the battery initially, you help set a baseline for the battery's capacity, potentially contributing to better long-term battery health and longevity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Tonytonex(m): 11:51am On Jan 16
thesicilian:
Personally I don't think it is compulsory. I think it's just a gimmick by the sellers and manufacturers, looking for someone to blame if the device doesn't work well. How can you tell me to charge my power bank for 24hrs before use? Would I be buying a power bank if I had 24hrs electricity?
people wey make am, know pass you. Just obey simple instructions. E always get why.

You can't be wiser than the manufacturer

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Ezzymadu: 11:51am On Jan 16
To waker up
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by thesicilian: 11:53am On Jan 16
Tonytonex:
people wey make am, know pass you. Just obey simple instructions. E always get why.

You can't be wiser than the manufacturer
I'm not an "obidient" person grin
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Emusan(m): 11:57am On Jan 16
RaymondHarmony:
After buying a new phone or power bank, why is it compulsory to charge it first before using it ?

To put it in a layman language.

It's good to charge your battery first because there's a layer that needs to form to make it last longer.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by MrOreo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16
I've often wondered about that too but Op you can decide not to charge yours.
Please keep us updated on the progress.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by knotty(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16
safarifarms:

Even after first charging before use you also need to be mindful of completely draining your batteries.

If you often completely drain your batteries you are also destroying the battery life and you'll soon need a replacement.
Shogun laye nii?
How much gangan paapa is the total life expectancy of the battery?
Common
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16
Dpharisee:
The reason is that the sensors are sometimes programmed to read 100 percent as FULL capacity, but if you start using it at 70% it may send a message to the system that 70% is the optimum, so anytime the battery gets to 70% it will indicate FULL and you won't be getting complete value for money.
That's why the manufacturer will always indicate charge before use.
you are correct. It happened to me with my samsung. It can charge beyound 80%

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by WantsandMore: 12:00pm On Jan 16
safarifarms:
The device battery has been without charge for a long time during transit and on the shelf of the store.

Battery power has been draining gradually during this period. If you get to use it especially for extended period without first charging the batteries you risk damaging the battery cells thereby reducing the battery life.

Even after first charging before use you also need to be mindful of completely draining your batteries.

If you often completely drain your batteries you are also destroying the battery life and you'll soon need a replacement.
correct....in addition Lithium/Polymer batteries require some sort of breaking in which you just beautifully explained

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Deogratiasfx: 12:13pm On Jan 16
thesicilian:
Personally I don't think it is compulsory. I think it's just a gimmick by the sellers and manufacturers, looking for someone to blame if the device doesn't work well. How can you tell me to charge my power bank for 24hrs before use? Would I be buying a power bank if I had 24hrs electricity?

Some people are just difficult. So what exactly is a big deal if u charge before use?
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by EkelediliBuhari: 12:15pm On Jan 16
BluntCrazeMan:

Knacking on wedding night is not necessary.

You can go and read all the other books you like.

But take it from me..
Even though it is a good thing to do,, it is not compulsory, and also not necessary.

That’s why you need to knack in the first date to diffuse the necessity of the wedding night knack
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by finallybusy: 12:19pm On Jan 16
It’s so the electrons work to their full capacity. The devices have stayed idle for months if not a year plus. Charging them excites the electrons so they work optimally. This is like asking why humans stretch when waking up rather than jumping into daily activities.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16
Tonytonex:
LOL 😂😂😆. In this life, just make me money.
Hahahaha bad guy 🤣😂
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Neoteny7: 12:27pm On Jan 16
RaymondHarmony:
After buying a new phone or power bank, why is it compulsory to charge it first before using it ?

Only for Nickel Cadmium or older battery technology.

Lithium Ion batteries don't need that.

Just don't let your batteries drain down to zero all the time.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by IPDGP: 12:34pm On Jan 16
Dpharisee:
The reason is that the sensors are sometimes programmed to read 100 percent as FULL capacity, but if you start using it at 70% it may send a message to the system that 70% is the optimum, so anytime the battery gets to 70% it will indicate FULL and you won't be getting complete value for money.

Abeg, wetin u dey talk
U know nothing about tech If you saying this
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:36pm On Jan 16
EkelediliBuhari:

That’s why you need to knack in the first date to diffuse the necessity of the wedding night knack
You no work abbegg..
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by iamwebguru: 12:38pm On Jan 16
Not necessary any more, it's was when battery were built with ions back then that's is compulsory to charge it full before use just to complete the battery cycle. but now they were now built with lithium so there is not need to charge it before you start using them.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by omoadeleye(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16
Dpharisee:

You dan see this kind situation happened before?
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Tonytonex(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16
thesicilian:

I'm not an "obidient" person grin
ok na. Otilor cool
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Raylight2(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16
Dpharisee:

Was it charged up to the 70% from the factory or it's at that level by default?
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Sapeleboy911(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16
Some will even say it is not recommended to charge your brand new phone with a generator. Men go begin do fasting and prayer make PHCN restore light, after buying a new phone 😆
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by superCleanworks(m): 1:52pm On Jan 16
RaymondHarmony:

I make sure I use the battery till it is ZERO then charge it with stable electricity (not gen) from Zero to 100.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by NinjaMetahuman: 3:03pm On Jan 16
Battery technology has improved greatly.

That is not necessary anymore.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Edipet(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16
Not compulsory, na people wey sale fake products dey tell you to charge before you use, so that' if their product no good them go blame you for not charging before using it
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Smithwilliams826: 3:28pm On Jan 16
Nothing concern me concern 24hrs. 1st charge na 100% I unplug and begin use.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by scrupulousblog: 3:39pm On Jan 16
MajorOvakporaye:
It is done for induction of the battery into a technological species of special formulation where the formula can easily metamorphosed into a scientific transparency of organized rehabilitation. Kai!!! Book no easy. Abeg make una clap for me small.

Grammatical ERROR!! ERROR!! ERROR!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Etisalat Night And Weekend Internet Bundle / Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.