Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market (9562 Views)

Naira Drops At Parallel Market, Closes 900/$ At Official Window / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Aloy Chife Asks CBN To Abolish Official FOREX Market, Allow Naira Float (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Pipefitter: 11:52am On Jan 10
Mehn, there is no hope for naira
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by dfrost: 11:52am On Jan 10
abhosts:
It is time for the CBN to introduce higher denominations like N50k and N100k. The corrupt political class have now turned the USD to their default means to stealthily move cash around because the naira has no value(N1000 is about 90 cents). Reintroducing higher denominations would allow them return back to the glorious days of Naira Ghana must go method, thus easing up the pressure on the dollar.

What did you just post? cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Phantom233: 11:55am On Jan 10
EKONGKING:
Tinubu is dealing with the aftereffects of buhari misgovernance.

Unadon tire to blame goodluck Johnathan abi?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Calitoscassius(m): 11:55am On Jan 10
Really? grin let me go check my starsh of dollars.......

Yep! My starsh are still there, i am waiting till it is $1 to 5000 naira which will happen before August 2024. grin
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by 89green: 11:57am On Jan 10
Righthussle:
Deputy Jesus come and see something oo.

Your decree since 2016 no work oo.

grin it's not by decree na, all these unserious Pastors sef.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by rspy: 11:57am On Jan 10
Joidi:
I still believe in Nigeria, no matter what

Thanks to slave master Luggard
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Calitoscassius(m): 12:01pm On Jan 10
dfrost:

grin cheesy grin That one is very very very ignorant, these are the kinda ignorant people we have to share the country with. If politicians are using dollars to starsh their loots how is introducing low 50 and 100 bills denomination currencies going to deter them? Infact. It would make the demand for dollars even higher.. grin.

Oh! Did he also thinks 50 and 100 are higher denominations?. grin what a dumbo!
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Lasgidi90(m): 12:01pm On Jan 10
Joidi:
I still believe in Nigeria, no matter what
Woow, good for you.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Calitoscassius(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10
abhosts:
It is time for the CBN to introduce higher denominations like N50k and N100k. The corrupt political class have now turned the USD to their default means to stealthily move cash around because the naira has no value(N1000 is about 90 cents). Reintroducing higher denominations would allow them return back to the glorious days of Naira Ghana must go method, thus easing up the pressure on the dollar.

Is this supposed to make sense?

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Calitoscassius(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10
Righthussle:
Deputy Jesus come and see something oo.

Your decree since 2016 no work oo.
Decree my ass! grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Nahunger(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10
abhosts:

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Calitoscassius(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10
89green:

grin it's not by decree na, all these unserious Pastors sef.
grin grin I decree i will go to Paris next week.. hang on! I don't even have a passport, visa or money to go to Paris. But no worries... i decree anyway! Decree will sort everything i need out.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10
Hungry go kill all of ona. Abi ona get mind vote Tinubu? Na so I go just dey look ona.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by goody234: 12:20pm On Jan 10
To cure a sickness treat the underlying cause of it ..but govt wants to do gra gra with foreign loans it does not work like that ...Just find a way to reduce the demand for foreign currency its not rocket science
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Ykc2(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10
Abeg Friday reach make i collect my 3000 euros 4 million naira no be moi moi make yeye una self for naija,austria thanks
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by StarRida: 12:38pm On Jan 10
EKONGKING:
Tinubu is dealing with the aftereffects of buhari misgovernance.
abeg enough of this excuses let him replace the current CBN governor it's obvious he doesn't fit that post
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Angelfrost(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10
dfrost:

Lol... Hardship can make idiots out of graduates.

That guy never chop. Leave am. grin
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Khyrvxjzy: 12:53pm On Jan 10
phr0nesis:
Why not temporarily ban the importation items not really needed for our survival.
There's no harm in important those essential items like foods we can't grow here, medicine we can't produce etc,

No one will die if you don't put on expensive jewelries.
We haven't finished buying all the cars already imported into the country, but we are still importing more. Why not ban these items for now to reduce the pressure on the few dollars coming into the country

you get it

it for a greater good, government is deliberately devaluing the naira to kill importation
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Proudlyomonna: 1:15pm On Jan 10
:Dwhen You have an alajo somolu as CBN president.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by 89green: 1:16pm On Jan 10
Calitoscassius:
grin grin I decree i will go to Paris next week.. hang on! I don't even have a passport, visa or money to go to Paris. But no worries... i decree anyway!

grin
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by dfrost: 1:49pm On Jan 10
Calitoscassius:
grin cheesy grin That one is very very very ignorant, these are the kinda ignorant people we have to share the country with. If politicians are using dollars to starsh their loots how is introducing low 50 and 100 bills denomination currencies deter them? Infact. It would make the demand for dollars even higher.. grin.

Oh! Did also thinks 50 and 100 are higher denominations?. grin what a dumbo!

Fear catch me ooh cheesy
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by MrEverest(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10
RepoMan007:
I liked and shared not because I agree but because too many senseless folks for too long have blamed and praised past CBN governors for naira strength.
It has always been a demand and supply issue and not or never some chess-like maneuver of a skilled economist.
Just 12 months ago, in the peak of the naira scarcity/redesign, Tinubu aimed a dig at "them" (Emefiele/bubu) for taking the naira down in value. Now he is there. Let him defy low supply and keep dollar prices down let's see.

Yes, naira value is determined by our volume/value of exports against volume/value of imports. This is basic economics but Tinubu and his men used propaganda to demonize those before him. Now he is there ...

However, Buhari was an evil man. This demon was busy printing naira without recourse to any fiscal policy. Buhari was no different from Idi Amin. He caused massive inflation, rent seeking and corruption instead of making attempts to grow the economy.

Today, Tinubu isn't any better. He is busy encouraging propaganda and confusion instead of good governance. They keep using subterfuge and cheap rhetorics in the hopes it will boost confidence in the local economy. But things don't work that way.

I pity those still saving in naira because they will watch their sweat evaporate into thin air. I don't see naira rallying against the dollar because our productivity keeps going down. The more factories are shut and we import, the more naira crashes. How many factories are going to survive going forward.

I bought dollar this year at $1210. Went again, it was $1215 and the last one it was $1225 all within a space of days. At that rate, it will might get to $1500 before second quarter.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by MrEverest(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10
Khyrvxjzy:

you get it

it for a greater good, government is deliberately devaluing the naira to kill importation

Lol, they will only end up impoverishing everyone and destroying the economy. You don't devalue your currency as a way of discouraging imports, especially when you don't have local substitutes.

China and other South East Asian countries devalue their currency because they have massive volumes of finished goods to export and even use locally. So, it benefits them unlike us.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Versal: 10:30pm On Jan 10
Investors will take profit which will lead to
Retracement/Correction.

Another Impulsive move is coming.
This will take the Zoo's currency to
$1/N1550
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Versal: 10:32pm On Jan 10
OgogoroFreak:
Hungry go kill all of ona. Abi ona get mind vote Tinubu? Na so I go just dey look ona.
Nobody voted him.
Be conscious of what you type.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:06am On Jan 11
Hmm a she she bere,dollar hoarders go hear am.
Global economic order is undergoing....
BRICS WILL SOON REPLACE DOLLAR FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE deals.
YAUN TOO WILL SOON TAKE OVER CHINA BELT AND ROAD TRADE PARTNR NATIONS grin
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Gboss247(m): 7:46am On Jan 11
MrEverest:

Lol, they will only end up impoverishing everyone and destroying the economy. You don't devalue your currency as a way of discouraging imports, especially when you don't have local substitutes.

China and other South East Asian countries devalue their currency because they have massive volumes of finished goods to export and even use locally. So, it benefits them unlike us.
This is where the cluelessness comes in, devaluing your local currency and looking for foreign investors instead of empowering local investors. Foreign investment is nothing but indirect importation, a foreign investor will only invest to make dollars and repatriate home. Nigeria with a population of 230million is a heavy-duty importer not exporter, importing by borrowing dollars instead of earning dollars by exporting.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Gboss247(m): 7:52am On Jan 11
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Hmm a she she bere,dollar hoarders go hear am.
Global economic order is undergoing....
BRICS WILL SOON REPLACE DOLLAR FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE deals.
YAUN TOO WILL SOON TAKE OVER CHINA BELT AND ROAD TRADE PARTNR NATIONS grin
Forget these Brics malaria dream, Chinese economy has a longer way go and even if it happens, Nigeria being import dependent economy will have an exchange rate of 1Chinese yaun =100,000,000NGN.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Gboss247(m): 8:40am On Jan 11
ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/10/naira-drops-to-n1089-against-us-dollar-at-official-forex-market/
Just imagine a country of 200 million population expecting naira to appreciate because of the NNPCL-Afreximbank $3.3billion loan which $2.5billion has been received while CBN is owing $7billion backlogs for foreign investment. Nigeria has the capacity to earn $10billion daily, rather than borrowing dollars to pay dollar debts.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:23pm On Jan 16
Gboss247:
Forget these Brics malaria dream, Chinese economy has a longer way go and even if it happens, Nigeria being import dependent economy will have an exchange rate of 1Chinese yaun =100,000,000NGN.
THIS YA EQUATION HAS NO BACKING IN PRINCIPLE OF ECONOMICS. IT LOOKS MORE OF VOODOO. grin 1yuan today is N150,currencies are valued based on economic reality,not abt frivolous specuating which you guys are just begging the question.
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:38pm On Jan 16
WAR HAS SO MUCH COST TO DSTATE OF YOUR ECONOMY,THISWHAT YOU PPL FORGET.
After the warII few years later America went into recesssion,things got too worse. The effects of war on economy is devatating.
Today going by history,America is repeating,they are deploying massive economic and security resources to support wars in ukrainre,Iraq,support taiwan,still backing Iraq to stabilize them? WHEN WILL ALL THIS END?
Re: Naira Drops To ₦‎1,089 Against US Dollar At Official FOREX Market by Gboss247(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16
PARADIZEPRIEST:
THIS YA EQUATION HAS NO BACKING IN PRINCIPLE OF ECONOMICS. IT LOOKS MORE OF VOODOO. grin 1yuan today is N150,currencies are valued based on economic reality,not abt frivolous specuating which you guys are just begging the question.
The exchange rate you qouted between naira and yaun is a result of dividing Chinese forex rate by Nigerian forex rate. Now, Nigeria being an import dependent economy who wants to solely import from China using Chinese yaun has only one option of borrowing yauns with an interest rate to buy Chinese products in yauns directly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Finished Nigerians With Lies, They Are FAKE, SEE PROOF / Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.