Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (17882 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Pease be informed that the naira has officially dropped from ₦756.61 to ₦763.17 during the last 24 hours. The Investors and Exporters FX window, which is the official market for trading the naira, and currently allows free floating of the naira, closed at ₦763.17/$ this evening. You can check it here: https://fmdqgroup.com/exchange/

See the figures for yesterday below:
Seun:
Pls be informed that the naira has appreciated from ₦770.38/$ to ₦756.61/$ during the last 24 hours. The Investors and Exporters FX window, which is the official market for trading the naira, and currently allows free floating of the naira, closed at ₦756.61/$ this evening. You can check it here: https://fmdqgroup.com/exchange/

5 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by chatinent: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Fingers crossed..

All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Satan had to rent a place in the outskirts of hell. Now it costs an arm and a leg to buy fuel and we call it a renewed hope! Wow! We are really developing backwards! The ironies in the “change“ they preached were real!

I told y’all that it shouldn't be all about tribalism during elections but every tribes went for na my brother, na my brother. Now see am, your brother no give a flying f about you im (unknown abi adopted) brother. Joke on you. Lol.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing mandates gidigban while other are looking for stolen mandates. Are you still standing abi you say make you sit down small? 😁 There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. We are like pawns always watching being checkmated. We are puppets. We are placed in the stage light for the bourgeoisies to merry and have a good day! Do we have a choice? Nay! We are educated but yet illiterate. I am happy to be a fool too; a fool who recognised the tomfoolery. Some grew wise in their foolishness. They are happy they are fools who can fool other fools. A tale of many fools fighting for those who fool them! Dear foolish Mufasa!😁

My suggestion is an increment of the minimum wage. Abi? Since we are all in for this death sentence of a country! Ngwa, fair Chatinent, pray tell! 😊 The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep on standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

I just also remembered Fela. Now think of this...if by then Fela was preaching against bad governance...I mean then ooo...some 25 years ago, now imagine yourself shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" and how not-mad people see you. 😁 Joke on me.

Even if you decide to be wicked, be wicked responsibly naw. Which one bi say you wicked and you wan wicked beautiful unborn kids of yours?

Well...

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

The truth is all they said were lies. I just discovered that you and I will suffer together, my good man.

182 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by drlaykay(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
This isn't "slightly".
Although we expect it to take time before the effect will be fully felt.
This daily updates isn't doing much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by NUJABEZ: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Not too bad. I would like to see a stable exchange rate, and if possible the money used in propping up the Naira should be invested into pressing and capital matters.

We can only hope. I guess this website is the new Abokifx since Seun is promoting it

10 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by sotall(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
cool

Bulaba is working...

He is actually continuing from where bubu stopped.

By the time Bulaba is finished with Nigeria, dollar will become 1500 naira and as usual agbadorians will be singing his praise.

145 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by stainlink(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Honestydoer: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
We are watching
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by ChristineC: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
slightly indeed.
keep playing.
the naira is dead.
you will soon be buying one tuber of yam for 10k.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by SmartPolician: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Bola Tinubu should start now to diversify our economy if he really wants naira to pick up! Buhari sang that song for 8 years and achieved nothing in the end. Perhaps they should encourage more foreign companies to come into Nigeria and harness our gas reserves. The world needs a lot of natural gas supply at the moment.

Remove all the export barriers so that ordinary Nigerian farmers can start exporting foodstuff to other countries. He needs to think of ways to increase the country's FX earnings. Until then, the best thing that can happen to naira is to appreciate by #50 - 100 against the USD. Let's not forget that things can get a lot worse if care is not taken and naira will hit #1k against the USD1.

18 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by sthecy(f): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tinubu is no different from Buhari….. Mark my words

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by chuose: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lets face it, the naira is doomed.
All we can to is to see how the south can salvage themselves from bloodthirsty parasites in the north

sthecy:
You mean Druggie no different from Boko Haram spokesman?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Is it just me or what, I don’t understand this Naira decrease/dropping and increase

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by ThatCEO: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Make CNG conversion available, u no gree
Increase workers u say "God forbid." But una own was increased.

Ok, increase d salaries of ur nairaland goons, u say till "Gods time is d best." grin

I heard that all universities r now charging over 100k.

E be like Buhari go gaz come back o cheesy

Don't suffocate d poor..."so that I can choke them myself"

I was supporting this guy n I admire his boldness, but this one don come too much.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Kobicove(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigeria needs to explore more opportunities to export more so as to earn more forex undecided
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by FatimaAbubakar(f): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
The Guinean drug daddy will soon make it N1 =$1. Let's give him some time.

26 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lolsss, some Nigerians are so dumb and gullible for me liking.
Nigerians claims to be street smart and wise but in human psychology and behavior they are too dumb.
What a drug lord understands is simply how to en mass more wealth upon wealth then spread his dentastacles incase of any obstacle.
A drug lord does not care about how u fair or how u cope, so far his drug consignment is safe, no wahala, other can go to hell.
I just took a walk right now and I'm still strolling, d small scale businesses are just folding their hands, probably waiting for nightfall to go back to their houses.
Roads are fucking empty, no patronage, d only people selling right now are those in food business and ogogoro joints.
Those in bar business are no longer smiling again. Welcome to d RENEWED HOPE

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Kobicove(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
hopexter:
Is it just me or what, I don’t understand this Naira decrease/dropping and increase

That's what it means for the currency to be on free float

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Emu4life(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ok. I thought Agbado Economists said Tinubu's policies will drive the Naira to 300

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
Some people just love to suffer

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by datola: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's not really how much Naira exchanges for Dollar that matters. What's important is everybody getting it at the same rate.

Strong Naira is not desirable for an economy that does not export much things.

Most ignorant Nigerians want to consume only imported goods and yet want strong Naira. Ko le work!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Cassandraloius: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
The slightly Isn't slightly enough.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by adioolayi(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
I see it stabilise at #600 ...
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
sthecy:

Auntie you have no words to mark. Tinubu will be better than all the presidents you’ve grown up to know, watch and see undecided
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Sabadon(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Shame no dey catch una to write #763 to 1$ undecided

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Buhari4dullard: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
And Tinubu has not yet started pocketing Nija oh angry

Sabi ein pikin don declare demselves 1st daugther & 1st son.

With the idol calling pastor wife positioning herself to run Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKXchM1Rxo
Reinaldo:
Some people just love to suffer
No mind them, them go rig in druglord and expect good things

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobicove:

That's what it means for the currency to be on free float

That is what it means what pls?
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by NobleSeed(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
This one way seun dey Post so undecided
Him dey keep he money in Naira?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by grandstar(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
It would be nice if the CBN could reduce the red tape involved in purchasing forex from the banks or the alternative, compel banks to open up shops within to buy and sell forex over the counter, with a daily limit of perhaps $10,000 per trade. The present time it takes is simply too long to purchase

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 / Today’s Game: Bankers For Baba Ijebu ​ / NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.