Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye (15121 Views)

Olukoyede: If I Can Go After My Kinsman Olu Agunloye, Why Not Yahaya Bello? / Obasanjo Offers To Testify Against Agunloye In $2.3bn Mambilla Arbitration / Dr. Olu Agunloye Is Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by victorDanladi: 2:12pm On Jan 10
sheunsheun:

Putting a money that is not yours as proof of funds to japa🔥
I tell you
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:14pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:
Don't be deceived, corruption cannot fight corruption!
All Nigerians are corrupt but they expect their leaders to be clean. What a delusional line of thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by victorDanladi: 2:14pm On Jan 10
Emman08:

Pardon me. Your example seemed awfully specific but yeah, that's the extent of the corruption. I'm in the humanitarian/NGO sector and I see international NGOs receive massive sums but spend next to nothing on beneficiaries.
You can imagine!
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by woodr5711: 2:15pm On Jan 10
gbaskiboy:
Why are Nigerians synonymous with crime?

Is that the right question to ask?
Have you ever ask yourself what caused it?
If everthing is working,the crime rate will be reduced. As it is now nothing is working, why will crime rate not go up.

Mr Man give yourself sense and behave yourself.
You don ask why are they looting the country?
You don ask why the government are not doing the right thing?
You don ask why are they no jobs
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Slurity(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10
ShoeGetSize:

Yes he is dealing with everyone and everything, including the value of the Naira which is now more worthless than used toilet paper and cost of living which is getting worse with each passing day.

You're so right. If I was the president of Nigeria and the Naira was trading at 1,200 to a dollar under my watch, I would shout it from the roof top. Thumbv is just dulling.

Be careful what you wish for. If corruption has to die, a lot of criminals wil die too. Like retired drug dealers who use bullion van to carry looted money around.

We are all in this, we condemn whatever he did wrong and we also praise whatever he is doing right. We are not haters like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by DMerciful(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10
All is a strong word....I think if you say majority would be more accurate
IPIGSRHYPO:

All Nigerians are corrupt but they expect their leaders to be clean. What a delusional line of thought.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Forumites: 2:17pm On Jan 10
post=127873915:
Corruption must die in our darling nation,
Whether the thieves and looters like it or not.

For the bad and corrupt politicians since 1960 up till present that took our darling nation 100 years back by blind looting and stealing.
They will never go Scot free in their looting and criminal lifestyle, terrible end await them all......including their supporters.
Seun don arrange your brain now sotey u dey fear to mention one particular region 😂😂😂😂. Try nonsense na make I report you.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Omenlon: 2:18pm On Jan 10
gbaskiboy:
Why are Nigerians synonymous with crime?
e dey our blood, na who never get opportunity be Saint.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by seunjungle1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 10
Federal government needs to employ sharp, brain and smart investigators at this time for smooth victory in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by drlateef: 2:19pm On Jan 10
Blackfire:
Na dem

Accomodator

Deziani nkoh! The Igbo developer that stole NNPC into stone age?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:20pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:
All is a strong word....I think if you say majority would be more accurate

Ok, I'll say 96 Percent which mathematically basically means 100%.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Ezmans: 2:23pm On Jan 10
davades:
Na was o , jail anybody no gree for anybody
what are the wonders? Is it the early lootings under his new government
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by aywagze(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10
Very Good ..everyone must give account if we desire to move forward ..🤔

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Omenlon: 2:27pm On Jan 10
woodr5711:

Is that the right question to ask?
Have you ever ask yourself what caused it?
If everthing is working,the crime rate will be reduced. As it is now nothing is working, why will crime rate not go up.

Mr Man give yourself sense and behave yourself.
You don ask why are they looting the country?
You don ask why the government are not doing the right thing?
You don ask why are they no jobs
the question you should ask yourself is, those who are stealing these monies are things not working for them? Wake up, corruption or crime is in our DNA.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by olinx: 2:27pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:

It takes someone who knows the game to catch a player. Good intentions is not enough

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Kaa4(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10
youngsahito:
Malami and oda ministerial thieves should be invited too.
That's Buhari's inlaw. I heard there is pact between Buhari and Tinubu not to touch any of his own. Sadiya is not benefitting from the agreement
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by DMerciful(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10
I repeat, do not be deceived. This drama was exactly as it was in Bubu's time in 2015
olinx:

It takes someone who knows the game to catch a player. Good intentions is not enough
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by DMerciful(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10
I'll say 98% but 2% can change a country if the president is picked from that 2%!
IPIGSRHYPO:

Ok, I'll say 96 Percent which mathematically basically means 100%.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by NewDea4: 2:38pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:

Leave mugu for azaman
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:43pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:
I'll say 98% but 2% can change a country if the president is picked from that 2%!
2 percent will change a country of 200 plus million?

Too much emphasis is always placed on the guys at the top. You need low level personnel like clerks, police officers, court employees, civil servants, airport staff etc for a system to function properly. If a police man on the street is willing to accept bribe or an airport staff rather take bribe instead of doing th8jobs as expected, then theirs only so much the guys at the to can do.
The west function properly simply because a vast majority of westerners will rather fo their job than accept bribe or introduce sentiment into a situation.
Regardless of hoe they feel about a situation, they will rather follow the laid down law, even if they don't agree with with. A police officer in the US , don't make that much. In fact some make less than 30k a year in small cities but they will still do their jobs as expected.
A typical Nigerian wants to get rich quickly and thinks that he's also entitled to riches that some are enjoying hence it's ok to enrich himself by any means necessary.
Even a civil servant that enriching himself illegally doesn't see himself as a thief, he will also be complaining about the govt as if he's not part of the govt. The rot is from the bottom up, a president or Governor will not be the one to arrest and arraign a criminal on the street. You need the average worker to get the process started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Fkmodhi: 2:48pm On Jan 10
post=127873915:

For the bad and corrupt politicians since 1960 up till present that took our darling nation 100 years back by blind looting and stealing.
They will never go Scot free in their looting and criminal lifestyle, terrible end await them all......including their supporters.
Lol you went silent on sadiya and Edu 44b scam now you called him thieves and looters but you have no ball to call Sadiya and Beta Edu thieves and looters. Your hypocrisy is legendary. Anyway you have to work for your monthly BATIST allocation.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Samunique(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10
post=127873915:

What about the ones that took place under the nose of your darling daddy Buhari ?

Na so we go leave am
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by Blackfire(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10
drlateef:

Deziani nkoh! The Igbo developer that stole NNPC into stone age?

Na dem

Developers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by phemray(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10
davades:
Na was o , jail anybody no gree for anybody

Lol,
Jagaban don start how he gradually reform Lagos ministries then. That time when they run katakata, they run kitikiti they jam Asiwaju at Alausa.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by phemray(m): 3:08pm On Jan 10
Omenlon:
e dey our blood, na who never get opportunity be Saint.

It was not in the blood, but anyone younger that 40yrs will definitely see corruption as part of us because by the time they were 18, operations chop make I choose introduced by IBB was deeply rooted. I remembered when we started hearing ' egunje spoil Lagos'.

Unfortunately, beta edu was born during IBB. when Ibb told civil servants to always think out of box and make extra money for themselves rather than complaining of salary. This was not taken lightly as people start owning shops, market,farms and those that can not introduced 10% appreciation on assistance rendered to get contract. Now here is the result and consequences.

We were not like this before now.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by DMerciful(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10
It has been proven that everything rises and falls on leadership. The US you're mentioning wasnt always so until they got their leadership right. China, Singapore, UAE, Malaysia, Rwanda are examples.

The West works not because the people there are inherently good but because leadership has put consequences in place.

Nigerian president is very powerful within Nigeria. If you get a man of integrity and competence there....a lot of thing will change for good.
IPIGSRHYPO:

2 percent will change a country of 200 plus million?

Too much emphasis is always placed on the guys at the top. You need low level personnel like clerks, police officers, court employees, civil servants, airport staff etc for a system to function properly. If a police man on the street is willing to accept bribe or an airport staff rather take bribe instead of doing th8jobs as expected, then theirs only so much the guys at the to can do.
The west function properly simply because a vast majority of westerners will rather fo their job than accept bribe or introduce sentiment into a situation.
Regardless of hoe they feel about a situation, they will rather follow the laid down law, even if they don't agree with with. A police officer in the US , don't make that much. In fact some make less than 30k a year in small cities but they will still do their jobs as expected.
A typical Nigerian wants to get rich quickly and thinks that he's also entitled to riches that some are enjoying hence it's ok to enrich himself by any means necessary.
Even a civil servant that enriching himself illegally doesn't see himself as a thief, he will also be complaining about the govt as if he's not part of the govt. The rot is from the bottom up, a president or Governor will not be the one to arrest and arraign a criminal on the street. You need the average worker to get the process started.
Re: EFCC Arraigns, Remands Former Minister Of Power And Steel, Olu Agunloye by tunjijones(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10
Emman08:

Pardon me. Your example seemed awfully specific but yeah, that's the extent of the corruption. I'm in the humanitarian/NGO sector and I see international NGOs receive massive sums but spend next to nothing on beneficiaries.

What is the name of the INGO.

I don't believe this your story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Result So Far To Show Tinubu Came Prepared — Prof Wariboko / Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments / Result Sheet Misses In Amaechi’s Unit In Rivers Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.