Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. (3617 Views)

Please Help Me,am Confused, Depressed.i Dnt Have Anyone To Talk To / Please Help Me,am Confused, Depressed.i Dnt Have Anyone To Talk To / Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Digriz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
When i was a kid,my siblings and i used to hv a seperate plate,cup and spoon and we all knw our cutleries and we never make use of smones cutlery and that was hw our parents brought us up. We then get used to it that i always finds it difficult eating in the same plate wt anyone and the few times i hv done that unwillingly,i never enjoyed the meal bcus i ate a little and then left.
Nw i hv ths girl that am courting and hoping to settle down wt,she wasn't brought up in the same way as i do. The girls ate together in the same plate while d boys do same,and she likes eating in d same plate wt me whch am trying to get used to.
So my question is ths,since its good for husband and wife to be sharing things in common like eating together,does it apply eating frm the same plate or eating at d same time bt may nt be in d same plate?
Secondly,does eating together as siblings encourage unity among them?
My girl told me that their parents used that formular and adviced them to continue wt it that its d best method to watch over your children and knw d selfish and greedy ones so that u wl start to discipline hm or her in time.
However,i didn't agree wt her on d issue of unity because we are united in our own family wtout that method.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by chidyke77(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
In as much as i hate eating in the same plate with people wouldn't affect me in my own house coz i cn eat wt my kids and wife frm d same plate.
And eating together as kids is old fashioned and i cnt train my child in that manner.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by DakANGEL(f): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
chidyke77:

In as much as i hate eating in the same plate with people wouldn't affect me in my own house coz i cn eat wt my kids and wife frm d same plate.
And eating together as kids is old fashioned and i cnt train my child in that manner.
can you continue eating wt them till they are grown up?
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by DakANGEL(f): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
Digriz:

When i was a kid,my siblings and i used to hv a seperate plate,cup and spoon and we all knw our cutleries and we never make use of smones cutlery and that was hw our parents brought us up. We then get used to it that i always finds it difficult eating in the same plate wt anyone and the few times i hv done that unwillingly,i never enjoyed the meal bcus i ate a little and then left.
Nw i hv ths girl that am courting and hoping to settle down wt,she wasn't brought up in the same way as i do. The girls ate together in the same plate while d boys do same,and she likes eating in d same plate wt me whch am trying to get used to.
So my question is ths,since its good for husband and wife to be sharing things in common like eating together,does it apply eating frm the same plate or eating at d same time bt may nt be in d same plate?
Secondly,does eating together as siblings encourage unity among them?
My girl told me that their parents used that formular and adviced them to continue wt it that its d best method to watch over your children and knw d selfish and greedy ones so that u wl start to discipline hm or her in time.
However,i didn't agree wt her on d issue of unity because we are united in our own family wtout that method.
you hv got a village girl better brush her up frm archaic thinking and behaviour.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Digriz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
@dakdevil
She's never a village girl and am sure she's even better than you in everything. If you dnt hv any meaningful contribution just leave and stop castigating my one and only.

7 Likes

Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by DakANGEL(f): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
She's gonna embarrass you in the public one day,just mark my word. Hw cld u allow her to dictate a eating habit she got frm d village for you. Lol
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 05, 2011
DakANGEL:

She's gonna embarrass you in the public one day,just mark my word. Hw cld u allow her to dictate a eating habit she got frm d village for you. Lol

You're a fine one to criticise, and call the OP's girlfriend a village girl. With the disjointed mix you've typed here - text-style writing, poor grammar, poor spacing and punctuation, you're in no position to pull anyone down.

In the public (In public).
A eating habit (An eating habit).

Besides, what's wrong with a village girl? We all originated from villages, regardless of where we were born. It pays to be humble, and not display the crass arrogance you've shown here. It's better to be a village girl, than an illiterate one.

11 Likes

Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by funlola02: 2:28am On Nov 05, 2011
we have a family friend that came to Canada about 14/16yrs ago and well educated, they eat together in the same plate, they serve their meals in a large pyrex

(amala, rice, stew,soup etc) and serve in one plate in batches until they are full, my jaw dropped the on my first visit the way they eat (like it but cant do it). I

think they adopted it when they started dating years back in Naija and never stopped, lol, funny eh? my first child will tell you you re spreading germs(kids of today cheesy)
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by DakANGEL(f): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
funlola02:

we have a family friend that came to Canada about 14/16yrs ago and well educated, they eat together in the same plate, they serve their meals in a large pyrex

(amala, rice, stew,soup etc) and serve in one plate in batches until they are full, my jaw dropped the on my first visit the way they eat (like it but cant do it). I

think they adopted it when they started dating years back in Naija and never stopped, lol, funny eh? my first child will tell you you re spreading germs(kids of today cheesy)
i agree wt u my dear.
Siena:

You're a fine one to criticise, and call the OP's girlfriend a village girl. With the disjointed mix you've typed here - text-style writing, poor grammar, poor spacing and punctuation, you're in no position to pull anyone down.

Besides, what's wrong with a village girl? We all originated from villages, regardless of where we were born. It pays to be humble, and not display the crass arrogance you've shown here. It's better to be a village girl, than an illiterate one.

you hv to understand that we smtimes post wtout preview and i got no time editing coz i mostly replies in a haste.
I am an illiterate and you are a professor in english,i hope you are nw satisfied? English teacher my foot.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by erimma86(f): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2011
hallo DIGRIZ ur post makes me cry,noting brings unity in kids than eating 2geda,my family z just like urss 5 boys and 2 girls all grown up now and married,we r nt quarreln but all
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by jerk: 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2011
erimma86:

hallo DIGRIZ your post makes me cry,noting brings unity in kids than eating 2geda,my family z just like urss 5 boys and 2 girls all grown up now and married,we r nt quarreln but all r independent of each oda and my brother eating 2geda wit your wife is fun,it bounds two of u 2geda,d first nod from u as u taste her food determines how far u guys can eat,guy its fun iff your opportuned

4 unity among the siblings men nevr knw sumone thinks like me it works like crazy,its a good home training just till d kids are ten,i almost wept when i went to a friends house and the kids zre eating from a tray,afta eating,they allowed d first born 2 collect his meat,then a little food also left for the last boy of the house,i wished i grew up like that.men ill encourage u eat with your babe.
Have a nice time.
good bless u my brother,. I was raised in family of 6 and we ate together til we were 12 and i cn tel u that it has so many advantages. Nw that we are adults i stil eat wt my brothers anytime i visits and we both loves that.
One of the advantages is selflessness whch we knw is vital in family. I wl definitely encourage that wen am married.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Digriz(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
erimma86:

hallo DIGRIZ your post makes me cry,noting brings unity in kids than eating 2geda,my family z just like urss 5 boys and 2 girls all grown up now and married,we r nt quarreln but all r independent of each oda and my brother eating 2geda wit your wife is fun,it bounds two of u 2geda,d first nod from u as u taste her food determines how far u guys can eat,guy its fun iff your opportuned

4 unity among the siblings men nevr knw sumone thinks like me it works like crazy,its a good home training just till d kids are ten,i almost wept when i went to a friends house and the kids zre eating from a tray,afta eating,they allowed d first born 2 collect his meat,then a little food also left for the last boy of the house,i wished i grew up like that.men ill encourage u eat with your babe.
Have a nice time.
i could remember wen i was very young and we used to visit our aunt wt my cousins during xmas day. I was around 9yrs old then wt my cousins of the same age group and i weneva we paid her that visit,she wld brought out a tray of rice for us and i always finds it difficult eating together wt them bt was scolded by our aunt on the first day and i started joining them.She wasn't hapy for my attitude that first day and later reported me to my father who's her brother. I could remember her telling my dad that she didn't fancy that our way at all.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by mystiqueem(f): 3:30am On Nov 07, 2011
so you're saying you don't want to bond with another human being? your fiance no less?

Hope you're also thinking of getting separate beds while you're at it. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Digriz(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2011
mystiqueem:

so you're saying you don't want to bond with another human being? your fiance no less?

Hope you're also thinking of getting separate beds while you're at it. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
am getin used to d habit wt her bt training our kids in that way is what i wl nt fancy.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Aafulenu(f): 7:44am On Nov 07, 2011
I dont also buy d idea of a bunch of kids eatin togeda frm a big tray, i was brought up like dat but i still dont like it. I get irritated easily and the kids wont learn gud table manners. I suggest u continue eatin togeda wit ur fiance but wit kids, they should eat at d same time on the same table but nt on one big tray.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2011
My wife wont eat till I return, as I type this, I am waiting for her to finish some chores then we can eat, she left the served food covered on the dining table. Promotes togetherness in marriages.

2 Likes

Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2011
mystiqueem:

Your statement smacks of ignorance. You're saying those that eat separately don't bond? Eating together isn't for everyone, you either like it, or you don't. My parents ate together, on rare occasions my wife and myself will eat together, if we're on the beach and sharing food, but generally we eat separately.

My children won't be brought up to eat from the same plate. If they choose in later life to eat together, that will of course be their choice. There are no right or wrong ways to do things, more like what you feel comfortable doing.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by LadyT(f): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
Gosh some people. When we were young we ate from the same plate theres nothing wrong with it. Infact I still did it this year with some friends its not by force and its not a village thing either

each to their own.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
i really don't like it but do it if i like the person.
for some people it reassures them that the food is not poisoned. trust naija naa
once i ate with a friend who was so excited he dropped some saliva into the soup. he was not even aware.
even thinking about it now makes me cringe.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by dorleey(f): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
eating together as husband and wife aids most times in bonding both and giving no room for malice. it also aids in understanding each other very well. bt when it is to d detriment of one party, eating in different place but same time can be adopted. for the issue of children eating together, it is best encouraged when the are of a certain age because from my observation on bad eating habits, children who grew up eating together has more bad eating habits than those who eat separately because u can study a child more and groom that child in proper table manner when the child eats from a separate plate. dts my take.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
dorleey:

eating together as husband and wife aids most times in bonding both and giving no room for malice. it also aids in understanding each other very well. bt when it is to d detriment of one party, eating in different place but same time can be adopted. for the issue of children eating together, it is best encouraged when the are of a certain age because from my observation on bad eating habits, children who grew up eating together has more bad eating habits than those who eat separately because u can study a child more and groom that child in [b]proper table manner [/b]when the child eats from a separate plate. dts my take.
do you mean oyinbo approved manners
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by dorleey(f): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
eating together as husband and wife aids most times in bonding both and giving no room for malice. it also aids in understanding each other very well. bt when it is to d detriment of one party, eating in different plate but same time can be adopted. for the issue of children eating together, it is best encouraged when they are of a certain age because from my observation on bad eating habits, children who grew up eating together has more bad eating habits than those who eat separately because u can study a child more and groom that child in proper table manner when the child eats from a separate plate. dts my take.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by dorleey(f): 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
it depends on what u mean by 'oyibo approved manner.' i mean a proper eating manner that can be generally accepted. na u get ur mouth.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
that is why i asked
it is not generally accepted among oyinbo to eat from the same plate
that is more african
so since you said you think eating from one plate is better for the proper manner i asked. that suggests a bias toward european "MANNER"
i asked a question no need for silly personal remarks
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by dorleey(f): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2011
@aribisala0, i believe u have nothing reasonable to contribute to this topic; why dont u just pretend to be a good-mannered child and read instead of being nasty.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
So eating together now aids bonding
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by pattito1(f): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
Eating together is a sure way of staying close.So i will advice you to continue eating together as it helps bring couples together.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Smilenw(f): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
Siena:

smiley
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
comprehension
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
dorleey:

@aribisala0, i believeĀ  u have nothing reasonable to contribute to this topic; why dont u just pretend to be a good-mannered child and read instead of being nasty.

ask you father to be a good mannered goat or better to jump in front of a very fast trailer.goats do that all the time so hopefully you won't wait for long
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
aribisala0:

ask you father to be a good mannered goat or better to jump in front of a very fast trailer.goats do that all the time so hopefully you won't wait for long

Wow, that's harsh.
Re: My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it. by aribisala0(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
i always repay bad with worse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? / Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? / When A Child Meets His Grandfather's Twin For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.