Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? (3619 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by skydeep(f): 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
In a situation when you have seen your life partner and u both are ready for marriage, will you wait for ur unmarried elder brother or sister to get married before you marry as a sign of respect?
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by EfemenaXY: 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
No.

Why would I want to put my life on hold? What if it's the choice of my older sibling to stay unmarried?

Different strokes for different folks I say.
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by skydeep(f): 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Efemena_xy: No.

Why would I want to put my life on hold? What if it's the choice of my older sibling to stay unmarried?

Different strokes for different folks I say.
she might be in a serious relationship and waiting for her man to pay her dowry.
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by EfemenaXY: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
skydeep:
she might be in a serious relationship and waiting for her man to pay her dowry.

So?? What bearing should that have on the younger sibling? Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Lucy001(f): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
Anyway is not proper for any right thinking individual to wait for is elder brother/sister i.e unmarried once before marrying, on a longrun some tradition sees it as a tarboo, but as for me I will not wait oh.....
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
why would you want to marry before your elder brother/sister?
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 29, 2012
I don't see any wrong in that. What if my elder sister end up no finding love at all, will I also sit for the rest of my life?
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 29, 2012
Acidosis: why would you want to marry before your elder brother/sister?

It's not a race to see who ties the knot first. I wouldn't wait for anyone. Supposing your brother wants to wait till he's 45, or not get married at all, you're willing to place your life on hold?

1 Like

Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by rose75(f): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2012
It depends on understanding,if the younger one decides to go first,the respect and honour for the elder one should be intact, the spouse should be made to understand so.
Your destinies aren't the same.
It's not a competition, though it's usually sweet for marriages to go "serially".
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by ebpius1(m): 3:35am On Jun 24, 2013
I personally see nothing wrong in a man of above 25 marrying before his elder brother, in some cases d younger man marrying first might give opportunities for d elder one. But this suld b done with respect and consent from d elder brother. Don't allow ur wife disrespect ur elder brother too.
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by meyri: 12:44am On Jun 25, 2013
Why would anybody put your life on hold for somebody else? I'm so happy that my younger sister didn't wait for me, bc she'll still be waiting. She now been married three years with kids. She happy I'm happy.

1 Like

Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
Wait for what?are we conjoined?
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by Afrocatalyst: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2013
NO.
Re: Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? by tpia5: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
*sigh*

(1) (Reply)

Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? / Common Sexual Problems In Marriage. / The Different Kinds Of Nigerian Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.