Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation (13664 Views)

Godwin Obaseki Congratulates Philip Shaibu On His 54th Birthday. / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Patience Jonathan Dancing At Her 54th Birthday Party At The Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by bigdammyj: 4:53pm On Jan 10
Noted.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by slimmax: 4:53pm On Jan 10
We wey finish 🏁 with pass make we consolation say labourer work still de available
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by obonujoker(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10
To come into the over saturated labour market as usual...πŸ˜‚

Better dust that kpali and go and hone a skill.. money making skill, just incase you can't get white collar with the degree...

Well most 1st class end up as lecturers though...

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by khalids: 4:54pm On Jan 10
Lifeinlight:
Absolutely
Unilag is quite easy. A strong 2.1 in LASU is definitely a first-class in Unilag
Dey play......

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Mvnster: 4:57pm On Jan 10
bantilosha:
Graduates with empty brains
See who manage escape with 3rd class grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by yahoodetector: 4:58pm On Jan 10
Oluwole First Class
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Kbrightty: 5:02pm On Jan 10
we have plenty first class graduates, yet the country is not developing in terms of tech.
its high time we base on praticals

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Scholace: 5:03pm On Jan 10
khalids:

Dey play......
He was right. LASU is more rigorous than Unilag. Likewise FUTA, they're very much rigorous than Unilag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Kukutente23: 5:03pm On Jan 10
It's one thing to pass through a school and it is another thing for the school to pass through the individual

Some people went to same Unilag and came out to become tribal bigots and asslickers for theiving and corrupt politicians
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by ppogba: 5:05pm On Jan 10
Mvnster:

See who manage escape with 3rd class grin grin

What makes you think he is not one of those kids.still battling with post UTME?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Pitto: 5:09pm On Jan 10
It is possible. Some people are that brilliant. I made 5.0 in 2 semesters. I know 1 guy in physics and another guy in mathematics department in UNAAB that made 5.0 every semester from 200 level till they graduate. That was even when UNAAB was tough academically.

BigDickProblems:
How someone will graduate with 5.0 CGPA in a Nigerian university baffles me. Somehow it feels fake.

I don't really believe it.

Before you come for me, I graduated with 1st class and was the top of my class in Engineering as well.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Lifemanage: 5:13pm On Jan 10
First class degree holders have been useless in the development of this country or even their own local governments. True or false?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Welrez(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10
bantilosha:
Graduates with empty brains
Sour grapes!
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Raskimonojendor: 5:19pm On Jan 10
Richtaiwo:
CGPA of 5.00 in Engineering? David Akanmu is the real genius here. How did he do it? As in, he got As in all the courses from 100 to 500 level. Project, IT, Lab, workshop, Engineering Drawing and some other courses where A is a mirage.
He puts in the extra work by going above and beyond. zero mediocrity. Neat work, Spirit of striving for excellence e.t.c. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by kingjoe(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10
BigDickProblems:
How someone will graduate with 5.0 CGPA in a Nigerian university baffles me. Somehow it feels fake.

Before you come for me, I graduated with 1st class and was the top of my class in Engineering as well.
It's a lie .you didn't graduate with 1st class or 2:1.never impossible.
No first class graduate will choose your username as his username in any forum.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Raskimonojendor: 5:22pm On Jan 10
BigDickProblems:

It's actually more possible in a university where they use the alphabet grading system. All you need to score A is 70%. I am sure that guy was probably hitting 90% and up all through as he comes across as someone that will be very consistent.

In courses where they use strictly percentage system, then scoring a perfect 100% will be hard. So they would have distinction, then great distinction e.t.c

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by ppogba: 5:22pm On Jan 10
BigDickProblems:

A first class graduate will not argue stupidly and blindly like this.

You cannot believe a report from a source that quoted a senior academic staff of the university?
You cannot believe that someone made a perfect 5.0 CGPA?

You still dey sleep on top keke.

You cannot or did not make it does not and will not stop others .from making it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by BigDickProblems: 5:25pm On Jan 10
kingjoe:

Well, I did. There is no rule of thumb that states that a 1st class graduate does not have the liberty to choose any name in a faceless Forum.

I won't blame you sha. You probably haven't visited Reddit to see folks with akward usernames but exudes the highest forms of intelligence in their posts.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by ppogba: 5:26pm On Jan 10
kingjoe:

It's like you do not know that people claim what they are not on social media.
I pray you do not come across someone on Nairaland who will claim they can feed you and your lineage for life. Even when the clown is presently on a N40,000.a month job.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by BigDickProblems: 5:27pm On Jan 10
ppogba:

A first class graduate will not argue stupidly and blindly like this.

You cannot believe a report from a source that quoted a senior academic staff of the university?
You cannot believe that someone made a perfect 5.0 CGPA?

You still dey sleep on top keke.

You cannot or did not make it does not and will not stop others .from making it.

Try as you might Bro. I am not convinced. That 5.0 CGPA is fake.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by rbgsun: 5:27pm On Jan 10
Richtaiwo:
CGPA of 5.00 in Engineering? David Akanmu is the real genius here. How did he do it? As in, he got As in all the courses from 100 to 500 level. Project, IT, Lab, workshop and some other courses where A is a mirage.

Congratulations, if only this excellent and exception grade of 5.00 CGPA will translate to the country's development. Every year we graduate hundreds of brilliant engineers whom to date have invented nothing, discovered nothing, patented nothing and produced nothing! Yet every year engineering councils like the Nigerian Society of Engineers, COREN, etc organise lavish events in posh hotels and confer awards, honours and laurels to its members for adding absolutely NOTHING to Nigeria's development and progress! Our engineers cannot even design or improve on the design of a common Keke NAPEP 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine. Thank God for Asian ingenuity!

Until we start to think what a 5.00 CGPA can do for Innoson, Nord Motors, Nigeria Machine Tools, our entire defence industry, and how can it translate improving power supply, providing potable water, medical access, curbing insecurity or in the manufacture of heavy duty equipment to build roads, housing, drones, computers, AI, agriculture, etc, the end result is that in a very short time, Engr. David Akanmu and the rest of his graduating class will, like their predecessors, be eyeing better opportunities outside our shores where their brains and skills are better appreciated and rewarded. The only credit to Nigeria will be the same old global mantra - "Nigerians are one of the brightest and brilliant people in the world" and that's it, with Nigeria continuing to depend on the rest of the world for basic necessities. The cycle continues!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by TonySpike: 5:29pm On Jan 10
BigDickProblems:

If you finished with a first class in Engineering, then 5.0 CGPA is very possible

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Gerrard59(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/unilag-to-graduate-379-first-class-students-at-54th-convocation/#google_vignette

Very impressive, but less than 2%. From the looks, the sheer numbers looks "frightening" to those who lampoon "first class inflation", actual percentages don't say the same.

Nonetheless, it is a good one from Unilag. Schools in Eastern Nigeria (south south and south east) should learn from their counterparts in the west. No university in the east has convoked a 5.0 pointer. Does it mean students in the east are not intelligent enough to attain or merit it?

I would like to know the 5.0 pointer's primary school and secondary school academic results, and I would keep tabs with where he ends up after school: corporate Nigeria or postgraduate studies in the US. For the love of whoever he worships, he should not go to the UK unless under a prestigious scholarship like Commonwealth or GatesCambridge.

McKinsey & Nigeria, what are you waiting for? grin Na this kind people dem like. I recall McK sent a one-time OAU BGS grad who is a Nairalander test invite even after he relocated to Canada.

Modified: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-akanmu-98b954197/?originalSubdomain=ng

Boston Consulting Group already cupped him. grin

McKinsey don fvck up.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10
University Of Ibadan The First And The Best Every Year
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by BigDickProblems: 5:41pm On Jan 10
TonySpike:

If you finished with a first class in Engineering, then 5.0 CGPA is very possible

How can you have 5.0 CGPA after Technical Drawing, Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, ODE, Engineering Maths, Statics, Dynamics etc, and none of them gave you a B? Haba. That 5.0 CGPA in Engineering is fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by theamazonguru(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10
Richtaiwo:
CGPA of 5.00 in Engineering? David Akanmu is the real genius here. How did he do it? As in, he got As in all the courses from 100 to 500 level. Project, IT, Lab, workshop, Engineering Drawing and some other courses where A is a mirage.

Exactly what happened.
No doubt the guy is either a genius or a smart book worm.
It is not unusual to see such people in every school..
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by JuanDeDios: 5:43pm On Jan 10
Coder2Client:

What's their course of study?
Herbal medicine, I think. For those who don't know, agbo is going places.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by JuanDeDios: 5:44pm On Jan 10
rbgsun:

Congratulations, if only this excellent and exception grade of 5.00 CGPA will translate to the country's development. Every year we graduate hundreds of brilliant engineers whom to date have invented nothing, discovered nothing, patented nothing and produced nothing! Yet every year engineering councils like the Nigerian Society of Engineers, COREN, etc organise lavish events in posh hotels and confer awards, honours and laurels to its members for adding absolutely NOTHING to Nigeria's development and progress! Our engineers cannot even design or improve on the design of a common Keke NAPEP 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine. Thank God for Asian ingenuity!

Until we start to think what a 5.00 CGPA can do for Innoson, Nord Motors, Nigeria Machine Tools, our entire defence industry, and how can it translate improving power supply, providing potable water, medical access, curbing insecurity or in the manufacture of heavy duty equipment to build roads, housing, drones, computers, AI, agriculture, etc, the end result is that in a very short time, Engr. David Akanmu and the rest of his graduating class will, like their predecessors, be eyeing better opportunities outside our shores where their brains and skills are better appreciated and rewarded. The only credit to Nigeria will be the same old global mantra - "Nigerians are one of the brightest and brilliant people in the world" and that's it, with Nigeria continuing to depend on the rest of the world for basic necessities. The cycle continues!!
It doesn't work like that.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Raskimonojendor: 5:45pm On Jan 10
rbgsun:

100%

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by Raskimonojendor: 5:48pm On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

Very impressive, but less than 2%. From the looks, the sheer numbers looks "frightening" to those who lampoon "first class inflation", actual percentages don't say the same.

Nonetheless, it is a good one from Unilag. Schools in Eastern Nigeria (south south and south east) should learn from their counterparts in the west. No university in the east has convoked a 5.0 pointer. Does it mean students in the east are not intelligent enough to attain or merit it?

I would like to know the 5.0 pointer's primary school and secondary school academic results, and I would keep tabs with where he ends up after school: corporate Nigeria or postgraduate studies in the US. For the love of whoever he worships, he should not go to the UK unless under a prestigious scholarship like Commonwealth or GatesCambridge.

McKinsey & Nigeria, what are you waiting for? grin Na this kind people dem like. I recall McK sent a one-time OAU BGS grad who is a Nairalander test invite even after he relocated to Canada.

Modified: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-akanmu-98b954197/?originalSubdomain=ng

Boston Consulting Group already cupped him. grin

McKinsey don fvck up.
He would probably spend 1 year at that Boston consulting group, then gets a full scholarship at a US university.
Re: UNILAG To Graduate 379 First Class Students At 54th Convocation by FreeStuffsNG: 5:48pm On Jan 10
Richtaiwo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office / PDP Crisis: Party Bigwigs Consider Engaging EFCC Against NWC Members / IGP Idris Orders Dismantling Of Road Blocks Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.