Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List (12249 Views)

Dangote Regains Top Spot From Rupert On Forbes Africa’s Billionaire List / Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 / This Is Forbes Billionaire And Glo Chairman Mike Adenugua’s Residence In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by LegendHero(m): 9:52pm On Jan 11
Billionaire investor Femi Otedola has surged to the fourth position on Nigeria’s list of top billionaires, with a current valuation of $1.2 billion, according to Forbes.

This recent reassessment is attributed to his ownership of over 70% of Geregu Power, a power generation business.

In the years 2022 and 2023, Otedola strategically sold down his Geregu stake from over 95%, welcoming institutional investors into the business.

Key investors in Geregu include the Afrexim Fund for Export Development in Africa, the State Grid Corporation of China as well as some pension funds and institutional investors.

Apart from his energy ventures, Otedola holds significant real estate assets in Lagos, Dubai, London, and Monaco. He also owns shares in Zenith Bank and FBN Holdings.

The valuation update coincides with Otedola’s philanthropic gesture of donating N1 billion to the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, underscoring his commitment to giving back.

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/11/femi-otedola-worth-1-2-billion-rejoins-forbes-billionaire-list-as-nigeria-4th-richest/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Robinmido(m): 10:00pm On Jan 11
That's good. My own dey come

21 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by buharibanjo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11
Make this man no overtake me o

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Richtaiwo: 10:05pm On Jan 11
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Solsix(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by mmafhew(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11
shocked
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by LegendHero(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11
They should subtract that 1 billion donation he gave to Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by TimeManager(m): 10:43pm On Jan 11
Elumelu right now...
-kiss the truth!

17 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by JohnAOne: 12:02am On Jan 12
Congratulations sir.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:17am On Jan 12
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by hedonido: 7:51am On Jan 12
I'm not convinced. There's something fishy going on with this Forbes valuation. Geregu is nowhere near sufficient to propel this guy to a $1bn net worth. Don't bother to mention the so-called FBN and Zenith Bank shares or so called property portfolio.

He can't possibly be as rich as Jim Ovia, for instance - who isn't in the list.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by uniquetechng: 7:51am On Jan 12
The rich keep getting richer why the poor keep getting poorer, the middle class has been completely removed with the gap between the rich and poor widening daily.

That's why politicians will never do anything about the naira because they save their wealth in dollars not naira.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by ShenTeh(m): 7:52am On Jan 12
Congrats to him.

While the common man is crying, Nigeria's billionaires are consolidating and growing their wealth.

May God guide me to know how to grow wealth too

19 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by itzzkhaliii(m): 7:52am On Jan 12
Billionaire Doings..

The secret to all this is to work in silent invest silently when the time comes your names will be there one day.

That's why I they doubt this my Content creation,sure say no be waste I they waste my time? grin

Meanwhile this is Dutse,Drone view with Brief History.More to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNstPfR7_9Q?si=Vg1K94ey1IxNg1Uv

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by tobtap: 7:52am On Jan 12
cheesy grin
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by RichDad1(m): 7:53am On Jan 12
Considering this man was close to bankruptcy years ago, I’m Happy for him. A proper philanthropist.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Jestin: 7:53am On Jan 12
Again , my name is going to be on the billionaires list this year
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by aybabz101: 7:54am On Jan 12
What are the valuation benchmarks Forbes are using?

Devaluation of the naira is expected to affect the wealth of these guys but alas, na more money.

But in all sincerity, i would like to know how forbes does their valuation coz i am a little confuse how someone who was not a billionaire when naira was below 400 to a dollar is now one when a dollar costs #1300.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Hopium: 7:54am On Jan 12
hedonido:
I'm not convinced. There's something fishy going on with this Forbes valuation. Geregu is nowhere near sufficient to propel this guy to a $1bn net worth. Don't bother to mention the so-called FBN and Zenith Bank shares or so called property portfolio.

People don't know it's the Nigeria stock market that's pushing our billionaires up the networth ranking. Lmaooo.

If you bought/hold quality Nigerian stocks, your networth would have increased too. Ignoramus!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Franzinni: 7:54am On Jan 12
>
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by jubrilELsudan: 7:55am On Jan 12
LIKE SEY NO BE HIM PAPA MONEY WEY HIM GIVE AM AS INHERITANCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by RichDad1(m): 7:55am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Go and make your own list and put Jim above him and stop hating.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by BannedUser: 7:55am On Jan 12
Y
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Westerhoffe(m): 7:55am On Jan 12
grin
I'm catching up with them soon… and even overtaking them.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by MrOreo(m): 7:55am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Call the police!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:55am On Jan 12
Richtaiwo:
grin
What's funny?
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by yusufu16: 7:55am On Jan 12
Whats going please. The rich are getting richer. There is a secrete they know which we don't know

Dangote
BUA
Mike Adenuga
etc are all increasing there wealth even in this harsh economy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by DabuIIIT: 7:56am On Jan 12
KOOL He doesn't brag or make noise..
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Onogiede(m): 7:58am On Jan 12
Am the next billionaire but helping the needing, hospitals, an Gospel to the world. So help me God.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Hopium: 7:59am On Jan 12
yusufu16:
Whats going please. The rich are getting richer. There is a secrete they know which we don't know

Dangote
BUA
Mike Adenuga
etc are all increasing there wealth even in this harsh economy

The Nigeria stock market is on a bull trend. The elites knew what they were doing when they opted for Asiwaju.

17 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by laivwire(m): 8:00am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Valuation bro. Selling 20% stake in Geregu is bound to rocket up the valuation of the firm.

Besides we know what's happening with real estate in the West now. I'm assuming he's doesn't have a 3 bedroom but a bunch of skyscrapers at least. Monaco alone is a goldmine.

27 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Air Ticketing Biz? Pls, Advice Urgently Needed / Naira Hits Record Low Of N1960 /EUR1 At The Black Market / Buhari's Government Gives Loans To 23,400 Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.