Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List (12260 Views)

Dangote Regains Top Spot From Rupert On Forbes Africa’s Billionaire List / Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 / This Is Forbes Billionaire And Glo Chairman Mike Adenugua’s Residence In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by package7(m): 8:03am On Jan 12
The rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer. God have mercy on us.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by hedonido: 8:03am On Jan 12
Hopium:

People don't know it's the Nigeria stock market that's pushing our billionaires up the network ranking. Lmaooo.

If you bought/hold quality Nigerian stocks, your networth would have increased too. Ignoramus!

I don't suffer fools gladly. But just to point out that several Nigerians have far greater "quality Nigerian stock" holdings in the stock market than Femi, but they are not in the Forbes list, why? Both Tony and Jim have greater holdings in the stock market (via holding coys and subsidiaries), and Jim has a substantially greater collection of valuable real estate holdings... Not to mention a more consistent cash cow business, than Femi, so tell us another story.

Regardless, no further replies form me.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by hedonido: 8:07am On Jan 12
laivwire:

Valuation bro. Selling 20% stake in Geregu is bound to rocket up the valuation of the firm.

Besides we know what's happening with real estate in the West now. I'm assuming he's doesn't have a 3 bedroom but a bunch of skyscrapers at least. Monaco alone is a goldmine.

This is where the 'magic' happened. Fake valuations on the back of fake) sweetheart deals. Afrexim and the Nigerian government overpricing the stakes bought in Geregu. This guy is notorious for these kinds of things. Dangy already did something similar with NNPC's 'investment' in his refinery.

Forget the property portfolio. Femi doesn't own any skyscrapers in Monaco.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by SocialJustice: 8:11am On Jan 12
hedonido:
I'm not convinced. There's something fishy going on with this Forbes valuation. Geregu is nowhere near sufficient to propel this guy to a $1bn net worth. Don't bother to mention the so-called FBN and Zenith Bank shares or so called property portfolio.

He can't possibly be as rich as Jim Ovia, for instance - who isn't in the list.
Keyboard analyst. Well done.

9 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by muykem: 8:12am On Jan 12
hedonido:
I'm not convinced. There's something fishy going on with this Forbes valuation. Geregu is nowhere near sufficient to propel this guy to a $1bn net worth. Don't bother to mention the so-called FBN and Zenith Bank shares or so called property portfolio.

You can start your own rating. You seat down at comfort of your tiny room disproving work of a well known organisation in the world. Do you know Jim Ovia wealth or you think he's sole owner of Zenith Bank.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by JayPeeOham: 8:12am On Jan 12
All these billionaires be making noise upandan with their small change.

We wey be Trillionaires sef no dey shout...na coded doingzz and we know ourselves, we need no validation from any Forbes rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 8:15am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Haha. Please send your concerns to Forbes.

The Gergu networth alone is around 800m dollars

Largest individual shareholder in First Bank

Owns about 5% shares in Zenith

Has an impressive real estate portfolio abroad with investment in different financial assets that can be tracked and verified

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Quebec91(m): 8:26am On Jan 12
cheesy dey play
buharibanjo:
Make this man no overtake me o

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 8:32am On Jan 12
hedonido:

This is where the 'magic' happened. Fake valuations on the back of fake) sweetheart deals. Afrexim and the Nigerian government overpricing the stakes bought in Geregu. This guy is notorious for these kinds of things. Dangy already did something similar with NNPC's 'investment' in his refinery.

Forget the property portfolio. Femi doesn't own any skyscrapers in Monaco.

The NNPC investment in Dangote Refinery was under valued when NNPCL bought into it and forced on him. A few clauses were added to the PIA last minute mandating NNPCL to own equity stake in any private refinery with more than 50k daily production capacity.

Dangote in given the opportunity didn't want to sell to NNPC. Please don't speak about what yiu don't know.

Part of the payment was to be made in crude. The first tranche is what we see them delivering now.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 8:38am On Jan 12
hedonido:

I don't suffer fools gladly. But just to point out that several Nigerians have far greater "quality Nigerian stock" holdings in the stock market than Femi, but they are not in the Forbes list, why? Both Tony and Jim have greater holdings in the stock market (via holding coys and subsidiaries), and Jim has a substantially greater collection of valuable real estate holdings... Not to mention a more consistent cash cow business, than Femi, so tell us another story.

Keyboard analyst

Go and question Forbes. The same forbes does ratings for the entire globe. Bad belle people!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by xangerar: 8:46am On Jan 12
LegendHero:
They should subtract that 1 billion donation he gave to Lagos.

That one no from his networth of assets come nah. That one must have been from his reservoir of profits.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:49am On Jan 12
yusufu16:
Whats going please. The rich are getting richer. There is a secrete they know which we don't know

Dangote
BUA
Mike Adenuga
etc are all increasing there wealth even in this harsh economy
you are your problem. start by changing your mentality..you call the economy HARSH so it will be harsh for you ..change by changing your mentality and the words from your mouth. Also be a giver and an investor this year. stop thinking risk and fear , wont help you go FAR.

7 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Ashawoman82: 8:58am On Jan 12
Robinmido:
That's good. My own dey come
u said this 10 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Ashawoman82: 8:58am On Jan 12
TimeManager:
Elumelu right now...

-kiss the truth!
Tony is 3 billion $ rich bro.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Fearyourcreator: 9:07am On Jan 12
RichDad1:

Go and make your own list and put Jim above him and stop hating.
Dem like dey drag everything... Their matter is really tiring

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by iReddington: 9:20am On Jan 12
hedonido:

grin You don't have to be convinced, just make your own list "Hedonido Billionaire's List" and rank Jim Ovia and Arthur Eze above him 🤡

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by akigbemaru: 9:23am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Someone said you sit comfortably in your tiny pace-me-I-face room to discredit a well-established organization. Femi, not a banker or stockbroker to influence anything here and I think he is worth way more than that. You just for your ulterior motive trying to sneak in the Upper Iweka road Igbo Petty-kiosk-phantom billionaires into the Forbes list . Nice try but we got you in reverend Al Sharpton’s voice. I don’t expect you to respect Femi Otedola because you don’t have the personality like that in your family.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by LyfeJennings(m): 9:38am On Jan 12
hedonido:

U might be right but I hope U know Geregu is undervalued
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by grandstar(m): 9:43am On Jan 12
I doubt his billionaire status shack shim anymore. He has faced bankruptcy and back
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Rajosh(m): 10:40am On Jan 12
LegendHero:

That's like $1m
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Hassanmaye(m): 10:53am On Jan 12
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Robinmido(m): 10:55am On Jan 12
You know well😄
Ashawoman82:
u said this 10 years ago.
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Hopium: 11:17am On Jan 12
hedonido:

Ignoramus!

I guess the NSE is rigging too. You will soon trend #AllEyesOnTheNSE

Olodo. Chest beater.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Menclothing: 11:31am On Jan 12
Real billionaires you don’t see them in party spraying 1m they dash state in billions
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by whippersnapper(m): 11:45am On Jan 12
LegendHero:

dey play. wetin be 1 billion naira for inside 1billion dollar
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by Fenesa1: 12:06pm On Jan 12
That billion was in naira now grin grin
LegendHero:

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 12:39pm On Jan 12
HRHQueenPhil:
you are your problem. start by changing your mentality..you call the economy HARSH so it will be harsh for you ..change by changing your mentality and the words from your mouth. Also be a giver and an investor this year. stop thinking risk and fear , wont help you go FAR.

God bless you Sir

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 12:39pm On Jan 12
Ashawoman82:
Tony is 3 billion $ rich bro.

Not exactly
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by deenee: 12:43pm On Jan 12
LyfeJennings:

U might be right but I hope U know Geregu is undervalued

Please off the mic. Don't tell the keyboard analysts on NL know the secret. Allow them to continue with the analysis while boys keeping stacking cheddar steady on the NGX

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by frog12: 12:56pm On Jan 12
only chicken CHANGE grin grin
Re: Femi Otedola’s Net-worth Rises To $1.2 Billion, Rejoins Forbes Billionaire List by YoshihideSuga: 1:33pm On Jan 12
hedonido:

Jim Ovia has never been on the list. In fact, Elumelu has greater chances appearing on the list before Jim. But it's funny how you are so authoritative than a magazine that ranks wealthy people for a living. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips: Becoming A Distributor Of Goods / Buhari's Government Gives Loans To 23,400 Beneficiaries / What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.