Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

How Do I Stop Lying. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Stop Lying. (12482 Views)

How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Drunk Man Found Lying Unconsciously After Forgetting His Car At Shrine (photos) / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by etrange: 6:16pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:
I Know this might sound funny, but it's the truth. I lie too much, most especially when I'm talking with people.

Most times there wouldn't even be any need to lie, but I would just find myself lying up and down. It's beginning to bother me and I want to stop it. Please how do I go about it?

Mods, please help me out.

@bolded: Before nko, when else would one lie? When you're alone? grin

I believe you sometimes lie not necessary because you're scheming to get something out of it other than just to keep the conversation going or just to sound more interesting. I suggest you talk more slowly and thoughtfully. Think of your weakness before starting a conversation and make it a point of duty not to say more than absolutely necessary. Remember that the only way to attract the right crowd is by being yourselves. If you have nothing to add to a conversation, don't speak. You can ask questions instead or bring the meeting to an end. You have no idea how lucky you are to know your own weakness.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Mayeldah(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12
Lai Mohammed brother needs help...

It is in the family, don't stress yourself
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by judges: 6:22pm On Jan 12
Talk less and listen much to people. If your work in telecommunication you stop lie then
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Sunymeg: 6:23pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:
I Know this might sound funny, but it's the truth. I lie too much, most especially when I'm talking with people.

Most times there wouldn't even be any need to lie, but I would just find myself lying up and down. It's beginning to bother me and I want to stop it. Please how do I go about it?

Give your life to Christ
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Enemyofpeace: 6:31pm On Jan 12
There is not bad or wrong in lying. It's part of life. Stop worrying yourself unnecessarily. Please let's be friends, I want to learn from you and be a professional liar.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Enemyofpeace: 6:32pm On Jan 12
Sunymeg:
Give your life to Christ
give your life to Christ, as if all born agains no det tell lies. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Tayorshd87: 6:36pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

That's true because I'm a talkative. Very serious talkative. I'll say both the one they ask and the one they didn't. I just want to stop it.

Is your nature and u can't blame yourself for that ...

Just try to be calm and talk less when in d midst of 2 or more people shekina
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by seanwilliam(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

That's true because I'm a talkative. Very serious talkative. I'll say both the one they ask and the one they didn't. I just want to stop it.

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Iluvmycontr3: 6:50pm On Jan 12
There's something called "lying spirit".... and that's what you must overcome by deciding to be a better human being.

#It's all about your personal decision.

#I decided that i wl never gossip or entertain any form of it anymore sometime ago, and it's bn so since then.

Self improvement!
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Benblaq(m): 6:55pm On Jan 12
I'm sorry but this is funny. I hope you cut down the rate at which you engage in conversations, especially casual talks.

You make me remember when we dey lie for primary school say our dog for village big sotey na ladder we dey use climb the back 😂

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Konjiboi: 7:01pm On Jan 12
What if this your post itself is a lie

Are you really a liar?
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by jaafree: 7:01pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

very easy, stop being talkative. Because our prophet told us that when you are a garrulous person there is every tendency that you will be a liar and you cannot hold people secrets.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by olamilekan9(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12
You see this issue gan gan I and some of my cousins were tackling this issue just today, about another cousin of mine,omo that particular guy can lie for a africa,omo see ehn some people ehn can lie o much bro,so much 😢i shock, some people can lie oooo omo
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by silverad(f): 7:22pm On Jan 12
Maybe consider that you're talking so much because you feel the need to entertain people or avoid awkward silences and when you run out of the truth, the lies start to flow.

Try to talk less.

Try chewing a lot of gum.
Like two or three pieces at the same time. So your mouth is too full to even speak.
Always have some with you so if you notice you're talking too much, you start chewing.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Identifying the problem is the first step and you've done that. I hope you find a lasting solution.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Phabulous4(m): 7:23pm On Jan 12
Give your life to Christ or rededicate your life to Christ. Yeild to the Holy spirit. Study the word of God. You should see a different.

Humble yourself before the Lord, resist the devil and he flee from you. Lie is a spirit.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Formation10: 7:36pm On Jan 12
Anytime you want to just ask God to direct your speech
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Ebenco84: 7:38pm On Jan 12
kill your self, that all.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by OLULAW: 7:41pm On Jan 12
Say very little. Rather than lie, say absolutely nothing.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Solidkay(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12
woginid967:

Fear is the origin of lying 🤥

You dont want people to see you in the negative light

You dont want people to see you as a nobody.

Well i can not judge you, all i can tell you is.... You're wasting your gift.

Lying is a gift.

You dont know how to use it.

The world is ruled by liars... Heavy dirty liars.

From politicians to pastors to parents. Everyone lies.

The only difference is, you're unwise for lying broke.

Why not use a well crafted lie to get a fat salary job

Why not use it to bed a lady from a rich home or a sugar mommy

Why not use it to borrow 10k from 100 people that you know and become a millionaire and start uber business or any other one.

Why not use the lying gift to be a smooth talking comedian.

Lie Sells

Lie is a spell you cast on people for your benefit.

Many politicians, top executive actually bought their certificates for less than 600k

Beggars on the road are liars and act blind or cripple or worse to appeal to your emotions.

You're just wasting a precious gift.

Receive sense today
I can't help but agree with you.
You made a lot of logical sence.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Justnation: 7:56pm On Jan 12
Most times people lie to impress, or massage their ego wanting people to believe they know so much or are more than whom their listener thinks they are.

So be humble and be yourself, don't seek to impress anyone, tell the truth whether people believe you or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12
Aaaaarghmed:
Pple who talk too much lie too much.

I beg to differ
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Badguy77(m): 8:04pm On Jan 12
You are lying right now.. Am I right?
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12
The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of truth.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by rexfada(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

How are we sure this post is not a lie?
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by MOGPman(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

Have a genuine repentance of the heart; give your life to Christ and ask for a new spirit because lie itself is a spirit not of God
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by MOGPman(m): 8:26pm On Jan 12
woginid967:

Fear is the origin of lying 🤥

You dont want people to see you in the negative light

You dont want people to see you as a nobody.

Well i can not judge you, all i can tell you is.... You're wasting your gift.

You were meant to help the op out of his situation but you rather chose to encourage him using demonic ideas!

Lying is a gift.

You dont know how to use it.

The world is ruled by liars... Heavy dirty liars.

From politicians to pastors to parents. Everyone lies.

The only difference is, you're unwise for lying broke.

Why not use a well crafted lie to get a fat salary job

Why not use it to bed a lady from a rich home or a sugar mommy

Why not use it to borrow 10k from 100 people that you know and become a millionaire and start uber business or any other one.

Why not use the lying gift to be a smooth talking comedian.

Lie Sells

Lie is a spell you cast on people for your benefit.

Many politicians, top executive actually bought their certificates for less than 600k

Beggars on the road are liars and act blind or cripple or worse to appeal to your emotions.

You're just wasting a precious gift.

Receive sense today
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Adeomoade16: 8:28pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

LOOK THE ONLY THING I CAN TELL YOU NOW IS TO..
1.PRACTISE EVERYDAY ON SAYING THE TRUTH TO YOURSELF AND BOTH YOUR IMEDIATE FAMILY I.E YOU HAVE TO START SAYING THE TRUTH EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT WITH ANYONE....
2. DON'T STAY IN THE MIDST OF LIAR I.E YOU RUN AWAY FROM LIARS...
AND TRUST ME IT WILL WORK

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by MOGPman(m): 8:29pm On Jan 12
Enemyofpeace:
There is not bad or wrong in lying. It's part of life. Stop worrying yourself unnecessarily. Please let's be friends, I want to learn from you and be a professional liar.

All liars shall have their part in a lake of 🔥 fire which burneth with brimstone! Keep on deceiving yourself!!
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by MOGPman(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12
Solidkay:

I can't help but agree with you.
You made a lot of logical sence.

Logical sense or demonic wisdom?
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Shinexprints(m): 8:49pm On Jan 12
Obey the Gospel of Christ
Confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior
Confess your sins to him in prayer
Repent From them
Be baptized
Read the bible (Day in, Day out)

I pray God will help you through.
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by ibinaboonline: 9:02pm On Jan 12
😆😆 lying upandan should bother you. I have a friend like you, sha. But we're not right anymore.
Gbadugbakun:

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by correkguy: 9:16pm On Jan 12
Just say the truth na..🤔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Police Arresting Soldiers On Bike At Ikorodu Road? / Free Recharge Cards, Coming Soon. / Come To Nyanya Tipper Garage: Abuja’s Soddom And Gomorrah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.