Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit (38290 Views)

Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition / Plateau: Supreme Court Affirms Caleb Mutfwang (PDP), Dismisses Apc's Suit / Zamfara: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Lawal-Dare (PDP), Dismisses APC's Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by slivertongue: 12:56pm On Jan 12
fergie001:

“It is absurd to contend that an individual contested and won an election on the platform of a party, only for someone else to wake up and challenge the winner’s membership of the party. That is the most absurd of contentions I have heard.” -Justice Agim, Supreme Court On Abba vs Gawuna, Kano

But you had a different view before now
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by GYBABA(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12
Racoon:
Why should the electorate suffer for the iberiberism of INEC?
This is a long settled case.

Welcome back Racoon. It's been a while
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by casualobserver: 12:56pm On Jan 12
Fkmodhi:
I hope y’all will say Supreme Court is working now mumu people

You won’t hear from them. When they lose an election or in court they will say judiciary and INEC are corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by DeGLORIOUS: 12:56pm On Jan 12
Racoon:
Why should the electorate suffer for the iberiberism of INEC?
This is a long settled case.
My problem is, why is it that court of appeal is still entertaining pre-election matters and using it as a base to nullify elections? Plateau case is a clear example

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by jaxxy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12
sensible judgement
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by olumike001(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12
The only smart thing NNPP did was to engage the service of a competent lawyer.

This man called Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN is good atbwhat he does. There is no evidence that the said ballot paper was used in the election. That's just smart I say. INEC need to look within and see how porous some of this process can be.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by spencekat(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12
akaahs:

I hope plateau state fellow suits
The issue at hand is this:-The court ruled that the failure of the PDP to comply with the order of the Plateau State High Court in Jos directing it to conduct valid ward, local governments, and state congres

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Chicagograduate(m): 12:59pm On Jan 12
Tear your Ankara
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by slivertongue: 12:59pm On Jan 12
DeGLORIOUS:
My problem is, why is it that court of appeal is still entertaining pre-election matters and using it as a base to nullify elections? Plateau case is a clear example

The ruling on the Plateau case was special for a reason

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by spencekat(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12
DeGLORIOUS:
It is painful. State and National Assembly election cases should have gotten to the SC. The Electoral Act should be amended to accommodate that. Also let going to the tribunal be scrapped. The tribunal should be same as the appeal court.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12
Jite24:
This is called politic u people should relax n wait for d next move Abba is joining Apc take it or leave it

Abba joining APC? Can Kwankwaso/Abba and Ganduje ever agree to work together in politics? I doubt if that can happen, not for now.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Jackiedemie(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12
garfield1:

I am not.i said apc will likely lose Kano but win plateau

I remember, you said it's a fifty fifty chance in Kano for both parties
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by fergie001: 1:02pm On Jan 12
slivertongue:
But you had a different view before now
The pronouncement is an orbiter. Let's see how it goes... I was of this opinion but that Appeal Court judgement was too damning.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by saysoo: 1:03pm On Jan 12
Tinubu really dodged bullet for kano. Now the governor will do his biding though in NNPP.

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by TruthsFM: 1:04pm On Jan 12
spencekat:
It is painful. State and National Assembly election cases should have gotten to the SC. The Electoral Act should be amended to accommodate that. Also let going to the tribunal be scrapped. The tribunal should be same as the appeal court.
exactly you are on point
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by slivertongue: 1:04pm On Jan 12
spencekat:

the work load will be too much for the supreme Court
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by TimeManager(m): 1:04pm On Jan 12
gare:

Before, These are all straight forward cases. Pre elections matters that supreme court already made pronouncement, lawyers wouldn't advise their clients properly .

If a governor doesn't understand pre elections matters I wonder how he intends to manage a state

Pre elections matters should not be entertained at the tribunal, the reason for the tribunal is for only issues that took place only during the elections.
The 165,000 unstamped ballot was a novel case, wasn't straightforward and needed SC's interpretation.

-kiss the truth!
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Ezewuzie01: 1:06pm On Jan 12
The hope of agulu thief Peter Obi and his supporters to mock Kwankwaso for rejecting partnership with the Andrew Liver Salt candidate has been dashed.

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by spencekat(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12
slivertongue:

the work load will be too much for the supreme Court
There have been a lot of miscarriages of justice at lower courts.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by MyMouth(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12
deenee:

Chess game at its peak.

If they remove Abba, Federal will lose kano.

Kano is a strategic state for Federal elections.

They will settle the APC candidate
Exactly! It's all about 2027. NNPP is not a threat to APC in 2027, they will still work for Tinubu in 2027 as it stands now, Tinubu will win Kano in 2027, because both parties will vote Tinubu unlike if they had removed gida gida. A deal had been struck since, they just wanted to shake gida gida small make he get Sense. Na plateau own dey very dicey, Apc no go wen gree for PDP fa.

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by cpu2006(m): 1:10pm On Jan 12
fidelmarshal199:
My thoughts are with the Ganduje Asoebi gang
😂 😂 😂

Na settlement dis people did.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by wale2324(m): 1:10pm On Jan 12
congratulations ..........my advise is for him not to disappoint the great people oof kano
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by slivertongue: 1:10pm On Jan 12
spencekat:
There have been a lot of miscarriages of justice at lower courts.

very correct. same has also happened at the supreme Court.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by rezy15(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12
fergie001:

Toh how we go take do with this aseobi now? grin

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by rolams(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12
I don tell una ooo
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by spencekat(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12
slivertongue:

very correct. same has also happened at the supreme Court.
But more at lower courts.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by usagee36: 1:12pm On Jan 12
You think tinubu really care? As far as he got lagos and Nigeria, he will tell SC to make the world feel his good.
Fkmodhi:

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Salubata(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12
This is actually pure arrangement.

I fear politicians

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by DJInfluence: 1:14pm On Jan 12
The biggest reason politicians in office don't regard judges is because they buy verdicts.
Am not saying the supreme court erred in it's judgement here. But somewhere during the whole process from tribunal to appeal then to supreme courts interpreting the same law but with different verdict then monies must have changed hands somewhere.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by garfield1: 1:17pm On Jan 12
Jackiedemie:

I remember, you said it's a fifty fifty chance in Kano for both parties

Thank you.in fact,I gave it to nnpp as of last week.i am more certain of nasarawa and plateau
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by MyMouth(m): 1:17pm On Jan 12
Chekwume16:
Which strong man. Do you known the negotiations behind all this. You think its by how you are able to prove your points.
He no know grin obviously a learner in politics. The moment I saw those guys visit Tinubu in December, I knew something was up. It's all about 2027.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by RisenObinna: 1:18pm On Jan 12
Fkmodhi:
Robbing Peter to pay Paul does not you clear you from debt.

TB Joshua portraying himself as a philanthropist while those under him suffered terrible inhumane treatment doesn't make him a man of God.

A lecturer that failed a student cos of sentiment while being fair to another is not a good lecturer.

If an armed robber robs and kill you while he saves your brother from another of his gang, does that make him innocent of your murder?

Mumu man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Wins AIT Social Media Poll On Who Is A Greater Threat To Buhari / Patience Jonathan Dancing At Her 54th Birthday Party At The Club / Twitter Presidential Election Between Bukola Saraki And Bobrisky.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.