Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit (38304 Views)

Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition / Plateau: Supreme Court Affirms Caleb Mutfwang (PDP), Dismisses Apc's Suit / Zamfara: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Lawal-Dare (PDP), Dismisses APC's Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Odogwuzack: 1:19pm On Jan 12
Funkyswagzz:

If they ever try put apc it will definitely contradict there verdict on presidential election so to provent any conflict they have no choice but to give up. There own game caught up wiv them

Stop deceiving yourself. 😂

Nothing will still happen if they give it to APC. Abi u go protest?

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by naija4life247: 1:20pm On Jan 12
khattab02:
Garfield and pinicop... Una don lost Kano oooo

Justice for Democracy!!!!

So democracy is not in danger again

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Babawee: 1:22pm On Jan 12
I love this judgment
we can be slide to a one party system in this country...

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Glimpsetv: 1:24pm On Jan 12
Better!!! They have seen the handwriting, definitely.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by gare(f): 1:27pm On Jan 12
TimeManager:

The 165,000 unstamped ballot was a novel case, wasn't straightforward and need SC's interpretation.

-kiss the truth!

Which 165,000 unstamped ballot?
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by baralatie(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12
😲Damn
These supreme court justices have nerves of steel

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Odogwuzack: 1:29pm On Jan 12
Glimpsetv:
Better!!! They have seen the handwriting, definitely.

Lol which handwriting? grin

When verdict go your way you chestbeat, when it goes against your interests you cry sabotage.

You guys are never serious. grin
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Iceberg3: 1:31pm On Jan 12
Alhamdullilai...walai Kano would've been engulfed... especially today being a Friday..

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by MOHSHESHI(m): 1:31pm On Jan 12
That a good news the Babagandollar camp will have start rejoicing that he Ganduje removed a sitting Emir and also a sitting govenor a record wch was never set by any political juggernaut before......ONES AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AKY

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by divinitybillz(m): 1:32pm On Jan 12
OK, at least a new devil is in town. a younger and better looking one than the former.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Tareq1105: 1:32pm On Jan 12
Chekwume16:
I knew he will win immediately I saw him among govs on a courtesy visit to tinubu during the holidays in lagos

You get it.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Lumarstone: 1:34pm On Jan 12
What of Ebonyi State own?
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by ejimatic: 1:34pm On Jan 12
fergie001:

The SC has once again demonstrated it's legal power to interprete the law beyond letters.
Same action was take on Obi vrs Tinubu 2023 when it upheld that 25% in Abuja is a condition to set aside BAT election. Some oppositions vituperated on the judgment because it was in favour of BAT.

Today the SC held that though Electoral Act recommens ratification and stamping of ballot papers it should not be a condition for deduction of Yiusuf votes since the ballots were prepared for the election.

Those condemning BAT victory at the SC are now praising SC today when it went beyond letters to decide the matter.

In my opinion like BAT election victory , logic plays a role in the interpretation of our constitution. I agree with the apex court too.Congratulations to the NNPP governor!
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by babamoha(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12
The judgement is just to avoid problems cause kano people are volatile and it can cause a lot of things that can burn down the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by VIKTO83(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12
Hmmmm.
With what Inyang said I believe it has opened up more platforms to rig in an election. If ballot papers that were not signed or carry d logo of INEC can be admitted then our electoral system need a complete rebuilding.
Lest I forget, the lawyer of NNPP na oga for electoral case for Nigeria.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Popesuccess(m): 1:38pm On Jan 12
[quote author=fidelmarshal199 post=127904645]My thoughts are with the Ganduje Asoebi gang
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Tareq1105: 1:39pm On Jan 12
DAREH13:
Plateau state will be interesting

Bcoz PDP fragrantly disobeyed court order.
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Tareq1105: 1:40pm On Jan 12
VIKTO83:
Hmmmm.
With what Inyang said I believe it has opened up more platforms to rig in an election. If ballot papers that were not signed or carry d logo of INEC can be admitted then our electoral system need a complete rebuilding.
Lest I forget, the lawyer of NNPP na oga for electoral case for Nigeria.

It's Wole Olanipekun.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by okorogodwin4(m): 1:46pm On Jan 12
Fkmodhi:
I hope y’all will say Supreme Court is working now mumu people
the kwiriminal judges are afraid of killings in kano
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by ajealadick(m): 1:48pm On Jan 12
Na fear of #nogreeforanybody cause am o
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by happney65: 1:49pm On Jan 12
lomprico:
If not, war for dey kano by now

Exactly

Bulabalu and his minions knows where to flex their strength. They wanted to do such too in the 2019 Govornship Election petition too in Oyo before they gave themselves brain

Violence in places like Kano,Ibadan,Kaduna etc can spread to other parts of the country. Na so them sempe

Bunch of cowards!

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by afbstrategies: 1:54pm On Jan 12
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Gandujes in Nigeria who hopelessly believe that the will of the people can easily be manipulated and discarded.

May God give the fortitude to deal with this huge loss. Amen 🙏

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Umarudeen90s: 2:00pm On Jan 12
Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Kay25(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12
Tinubu na d real og d real democrat.. except u want kano to go to war that's when u won't let thr judgment favor the sitting governor

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Enemiesmasquera: 2:03pm On Jan 12
Fkmodhi:
Na you be the real Mumu
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by REALretep(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12
fergie001:

“What is the effect of a ballot paper not having the marks by the Electoral commission?”

“A ballot paper that does not bear INEC mark is not invalid by all purposes.

Inasmuch as I don't like APC, these words by the learned judge shaa get k-leg

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by DMerciful(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12
Criticisms from Nigerians made them behave themselves after robbing Obi and the rest to favor APC
Fkmodhi:

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by AngelicBeing: 2:08pm On Jan 12
cheesy
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by pongwa(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12
fergie001:

decision in the interest of peace in Kano

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by Pat081: 2:08pm On Jan 12
So what will now happen to those cloth they want to put on today?? It end in pain for them

1 Like

Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by DaTruths: 2:12pm On Jan 12
Huhuhuhuhuu, hahahahahaaa.. okoroawusa howfr una asoebi clothes naa grin grin
Re: Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit by BabaO2: 2:12pm On Jan 12
This olanipekun na real mercenary

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anti-amotekun Protest Rocks Ekiti / Modu Malaram: Why We're Surrendering To Nigerian Troops - Ex Boko Haram Fighter / Esther Obong-Egbuna "Sister E" Is Dead (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.