Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B (27034 Views)

Adebayo Ogunlesi Biography: Net Worth, Age, Wife, Children, Airports, House / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos / Meet Adebayo Ogunlesi Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by wman(m): 12:01am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

To search why mud houses covers your land scape the answer isn't far fatch grin when your tribes men are blinded to know and contribute to the development of their root, that's why the Igbos are exceptional, and quick to recover after the brutal wargrin grin you are celebrating a man that have no single investment in your region, he is from Ogun state the current governor invited him to come and see the airport yet he didn't dim it to invest in his home state, Ogun is still borrowing to complete the small airport grin grin

Disappointed in you Anambra 1st son. Engaging in tribalism like other bigots. To think that I defended you here and questioned why Seun banned your accounts and deleted your old profile and even shadowbanned it.

On Twitter self, I defend your handle or the handle that you claim isn't yours.

You are no different from the Yoruba Ronus bigots you claim to dislike.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 12:05am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

To search why mud houses covers your land scape the answer isn't far fatch grin when your tribes men are blinded to know and contribute to the development of their root, that's why the Igbos are exceptional, and quick to recover after the brutal wargrin grin you are celebrating a man that have no single investment in your region, he is from Ogun state the current governor invited him to come and see the airport yet he didn't dim it to invest in his home state, Ogun is still borrowing to complete the small airport grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your IQ is ridiculous low.

I can swear you grew up and still live in a village. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 12:05am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

I don't blame you that's same reasoning that made your region with highest numbers of slum prevalence in Nigeria grin grin thank God for othe tribes and FDI

Which region? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 12:11am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

Otondo according southwest mediagrin grin grin

Look at this "South West" media:

https://www.ikaweekly.com/agbor-people-igbo-people-poles-apart/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

People are clearly telling you they are not Igbo but, in your desperation, you want to claim them by force.

3 Likes

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by sonofsteven: 12:13am On Jan 13
ivolt:

Unlikely.
Shareholders not director/CEOs controls the money.

Na wetin people no know

Reason I've been secretly monitoring some companies

Tho I failed to up my game before some companies shares increased, but the thing be say,I dey buy shares with little funds wey dey enter my hand... mtn,UBA,fidelity,Guinness... I go just dey buy gradually and forgetting

Some cryptocurrencies wey I buy sef,I never look them to know how they are doing... while some investments dey prove bad some dey do well

Shiba and dogecoin and some coins fall my hand(since relocation) I've been unable to access the roqqu app cause it's not support here.... dey invest with change wey remain for hand instead of using it to enjoy yourself ... peace
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by sonofsteven: 12:16am On Jan 13
FreeStuffsNG:
BlackRock Inc. agreed to buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners for about $12.5 billion, vaulting the world’s biggest money manager into the top ranks of investors that make long-term bets on energy, transportation and digital infrastructure..

This is phenomenally huge! Congrats sir. You're truly peerless.
Sagamu is trying o. Haba! From Anthony Joshua now to Chief Adebayo Ogunlesi! Wow!! I am so proud of Sagamu joor. Proud of these great Nigerian exports to the world.

Chief Adebayo Ogunlesi goes for very audacious goals and gets it done. He is just too phenomenal and I nominate him to be conferred with a GCON national honour. He is following in the footsteps of late Lagos Island-born Chief Dehinde Fernandez.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Na all the partners go share the money including shareholders na...abi?

Who knows any goods trustworthy app I can use to buy shares from a US based company?
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Esinwaju: 12:17am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

This one is playing ludo with his shadow. Development that cannot keep you at home. Don't worry. Tomorrow we will hear that your governor has gone to Ogun to beg his kinsmen to return home. By tomorrow morning, many buses will be leaving your region for those mud houses. Their destiny can never be complete without living in those mud houses. They find more peace and comfort in it compared to their haunted "mansions" back home.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by InvertedHammer: 12:38am On Jan 13
/
I really detest the fact that when blacks owned companies make it to the top, they succumb to buy out by White companies.

/
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Konjiboii: 12:40am On Jan 13
Nigerians will just see figures and be hailing without knowing the source, black rock is a conglomerate that literally owns the world, they have a stake on everything. Which many suspect will be a tool on the last days, with the world the way it is now and what is happening particularly in America and the Esptein case with this name popping up. I want to think it's ordinary but that name bring tingles to anyone ears who knows what time it is.

And ofcourse Nigerians make it about tribe. How we are soo educated yet dumb to the things around us.

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by shine12: 1:07am On Jan 13
[quote author=BeautifulMind2 post=127912022]
[b]Nothing like jealous, I'm give you facts, he is not the owner of global infastructure stop deceiving gullible minds, Global infastructures is owner by Credit Suisse

The above is not fact, let's have understanding.
He's a founding partner of GIP and the Credit Suisse you are shouting up and down is an investor in their first flagship fund. The 100billion dollars is the portfolio value which is called AUM (Aseet under Management) .
The company he founded GIP is being sold for $12.5billion and his takes is at least $2.5billion as the money is being shared with 5 other partners, GIP staff will also be receiving equity coming from Blackrock ad part of the sale. Basically a lot of people will be multimillionaires and few billionaires.
Now, Blackrock will take over the $100 billion asset (AUM) which of course is the investors capital and they will manage these assets and obviously take their commission yearly till world ends or until they sell. You can Google private equity and understand more.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by IjebuWarrior: 1:47am On Jan 13
Elemosho478:

He is a Yoruba man so Yoruba has benefitted already.

You go explain tire grin

For those that says Yoruba are not good in businesses, you are living in lala land

Yoruba are the best business managers, those that says they are good in business should show their billionaires in dollars not naira drug barons.

This guy is dominating the world and Oyibo bow to him as a top investment manager.

God bless you jare my broda. grin

Business no be the same as petty trade, abeg. grin

5 Likes

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by IjebuWarrior: 1:48am On Jan 13
PepeXKermit:

uselesss low key name checker.

E pain am... no chest-beating!

God bless Yoruba pple! cool

4 Likes

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by IjebuWarrior: 1:51am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

Painment go soon kill dis one ooo. grin

It's embedded in our DNA not to chest-beat or make noise, but quietly go and dominate the world.

Business no be petty trade! 🤣 🤣🤣

6 Likes

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by PepeXKermit: 2:42am On Jan 13
IjebuWarrior:

E pain am... no chest-beating!

God bless Yoruba pple! cool

Seun, please pay attention to such people.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 2:45am On Jan 13
InvertedHammer:
/
I really detest the fact that when blacks owned companies make it to the top, they succumb to buy out by White companies.

/

GIP is NOT a black-owned company for fuuuuck sake!

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 2:53am On Jan 13
shine12:
The above is not fact, let's have understanding.
He's a founding partner of GIP and the Credit Suisse you are shouting up and down is an investor in their first flagship fund. The 100billion dollars is the portfolio value which is called AUM (Aseet under Management) .
The company he founded GIP is being sold for $12.5billion and his takes is at least $2.5billion as the money is being shared with 5 other partners, GIP staff will also be receiving equity coming from Blackrock ad part of the sale. Basically a lot of people will be multimillionaires and few billionaires.
Now, Blackrock will take over the $100 billion asset (AUM) which of course is the investors capital and they will manage these assets and obviously take their commission yearly till world ends or until they sell. You can Google private equity and understand more.

What makes you think Ogunlesi is getting "at least $2.5billion"?
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 3:07am On Jan 13
PepeXKermit:

uselesss low key name checker.

I have noticed him, but one thing I can not fault about him is that all I ever see him say is that "Yorubas are doing good/are great at achievements".

Nothing wrong with that.

I have never seen any of his topics/posts say "Yorubas are the best/better than this other tribe/are needed by other tribes", that is a marked difference from some other people who want to promote their tribes and then later would be screaming "they hate us/are jealous of us".
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 3:26am On Jan 13
[quote author=shine12 post=127914059][/quote]

It doesn’t work that way. There are investors called Limited Partners in Private Equity. And they invest most of the money. The partners (way more than 5) also called the General Partners may not even own up to 5% together…
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 3:28am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

GIP is NOT a black-owned company for fuuuuck sake!

Don’t mind the idiot. A fund with only two black partners…

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 3:37am On Jan 13
InvertedHammer:
/

/

GIP has only two black partners out of over 30 partners.. The investors are mainly white. How is this a black owned business? Because the Managing Partner is black? Omo people for here dull o..

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by pacespot(m): 5:08am On Jan 13
TimeManager:
Fantastic deal, with 12million shares valued @ $9billion, i should think he remains the largest shareholder. It couldn't have been a better deal.

-kiss the truth!

$9.5bln won't make him the largest share holder at BlackRock. Maybe close to some of midweight shareholders in the company though. Go and research about BlackRock
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 5:53am On Jan 13
TimeManager:
Fantastic deal, with 12million shares valued @ $9billion, i should think he remains the largest shareholder. It couldn't have been a better deal.

-kiss the truth!

Who told you he owns 12 million shares
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by LastProphet: 6:10am On Jan 13
PHAYOL81:

his achievement is phenomenal and yet, HE'S SILENT. NO noise

When you begin to engage with real greatness, the need to talk reduces, when you see anyone hyping incessantly, their achievement is hollow and often times they return to failure

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by YoshihideSuga: 6:22am On Jan 13
Eriokanmi:
You need to know Mr Ogunlesi in person. You'd be wondering if he had anything at all. What comes out of his mouth are great ideas. I wonder why our leaders abandoned someone like him and always busy shopping for half-baked people to form our economic team. He was the only black and african in the trump's economic team as American president

Empty drums makes the loudest noise

Not entirely true. The former CEO of Merck, Kenneth Friazer, was also a member.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by YoshihideSuga: 6:25am On Jan 13
sukkot:
Nigeria’s Kase Lawal with a net worth of $3 Billion is America’s 4th richest black person

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/America-s-4th-richest-black-person-is-Nigeria-s-Kase-Lawal-with-a-net-worth-of--3-Billion.html?soid=1126399050330&aid=t15HqgFaJD0

Not entirely true. Only the Calendly founder is the black African in that list. https://www.businessinsider.com/black-billionaires-in-the-united-states-2020-2
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by YoshihideSuga: 6:27am On Jan 13
Jeezuzpick:

He's already there!

Since when?

He was never rated as a billionaire. With this, it becomes a possibility. Prior to this, he was at best a multimillionaire.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by YoshihideSuga: 6:31am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

There 6 founding partners, but there is NO CHANCE the firm became this big without institutional investors' money.

I doubt the 6 founders own up to 10% of the business. Even the founders of BlackRock that is buying them do not own more than 1% of BlackRock combined. Institutional investors own about 80% of BlackRock and all employees are given shares.

The founders of BlackRock actually have only like 0.10% to 0.30% (the highest share percentage owned by any of the founders).

So the likelihood Ogunlesi owns more than 5% of GIP is very slim to none.

Slim chance then. Maybe if he could live up to 90 years, he can become a billionaire.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by grandstar(m): 6:33am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

There 6 founding partners, but there is NO CHANCE the firm became this big without institutional investors' money.

I doubt the 6 founders own up to 10% of the business. Even the founders of BlackRock that is buying them do not own more than 1% of BlackRock combined. Institutional investors own about 80% of BlackRock and all employees are given shares.

The founders of BlackRock actually have only like 0.10% to 0.30% (the highest share percentage owned by any of the founders).

So the likelihood Ogunlesi owns more than 5% of GIP is very slim to none.

I researched and discovered the 6 founding members are majority shareholders.

https://www.wsj.com/business/deals/blackrock-to-buy-global-infrastructure-partners-for-12-5-billion-22f8e3d9

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by YoshihideSuga: 6:36am On Jan 13
InvertedHammer:
/

/

But he cofounded the company with white people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Banks Rake In N700bn Profit In 9 Months Amid Inflation, Rate Hike / Why Banks Suspended Payment Card Use Abroad / 3 Popular Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.