Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B (26916 Views)

Adebayo Ogunlesi Biography: Net Worth, Age, Wife, Children, Airports, House / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos / Meet Adebayo Ogunlesi Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 10:04am On Jan 13
Hotfreezing:

Tracked your IP, same person. grin
You're such a dirty, smelly coward using another moniker to reply. Smells of mental illness.

Sorry Who are you referring to and please show me how you tracked the IP address? Bros stop kidding about naaaaa you are not a 3 year old.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by maridrug(m): 10:07am On Jan 13
Airlohim:

You nominate him to be conferred with GCON. Who are you to be nominating people for national honours?

Delusions of grandeur
Doesn't he worth it?

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 10:13am On Jan 13
grandstar:

It should.

The six founding members are majority shareholders- that means they own over 50% of the firm. If 50% was shared equally between the 6, that would mean each partner holds a 8.33% stake catapulting him to billionaire status.

The partners may nor have equal shareholding. The exact shareholding would define his net worth

https://www.wsj.com/business/deals/blackrock-to-buy-global-infrastructure-partners-for-12-5-billion-22f8e3d9

That’s not how private equity works. Just shut up. Most of the money is put in by Limited partners (institutional investors such as pension funds, SWFs, etc that sit on billions of dollars). The General partner (Bayo and other partners) only put in about 1 or 2 percent. Mind you there are over thirty partners in the GP.

Bayo and the other partners will make good money but the LPs make most of the money.

If you don’t know how something works just shut the fukk up and stop sounding like an illiterate!
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 10:15am On Jan 13
maridrug:

Doesn't he worth it?

Go and buy a book called Brighter Grammar!
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Oshokhai69: 10:18am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

There 6 founding partners, but there is NO CHANCE the firm became this big without institutional investors' money.

I doubt the 6 founders own up to 10% of the business. Even the founders of BlackRock that is buying them do not own more than 1% of BlackRock combined. Institutional investors own about 80% of BlackRock and all employees are given shares.

The founders of BlackRock actually have only like 0.10% to 0.30% (the highest share percentage owned by any of the founders).

So the likelihood Ogunlesi owns more than 5% of GIP is very slim to none.

Na only you sabi as this thing works. Too many idiots on this Nairaland!
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 10:19am On Jan 13
maridrug:

Doesn't he worth it?

How is he worth it?
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Hotfreezing: 10:31am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Sorry Who are you referring to and please show me how you tracked the IP address? Bros stop kidding about naaaaa you are not a 3 year old.

I will post your location, device, model and most recent applications used. I will post it here.

As a bonus, I will post your most recent searches on incognito tab (you won't like that) as well as your photo and social media login details.

If you think I'm lying, please give me permission to go ahead. Just please.

For a start, your initials are O.O.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 10:35am On Jan 13
grandstar:

I researched and discovered the 6 founding members are majority shareholders.

https://www.wsj.com/business/deals/blackrock-to-buy-global-infrastructure-partners-for-12-5-billion-22f8e3d9

Good stuff.

Can you copy and paste the discover because your link has a subscription paywall?
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 10:37am On Jan 13
LordGuru1:

Yes, many Yoruba silent Billionaires in $s are far Richer than Dangote but they don't make noise. If you are just like me that didn't know this few Years ago, Like
or Share.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are heavily deluded!

Moronic chest-beating.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 10:39am On Jan 13
Hotfreezing:

I will post your location, device, model and most recent applications used. I will post it here.

As a bonus, I will post your most recent searches on incognito tab (you won't like that) as well as your photo and social media login details.

If you think I'm lying, please give me permission to go ahead. Just please.

For a start, your initials are O.O.

Please go ahead, but again know this that you can be arrested for Libel and you need to be certain careful of not you are crossing the line of no return.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:40am On Jan 13
BeautifulMind2:

Global Infrastructure Partners was established in May 2006. Two founding investors in its first fund, GIP I, were Credit Suisse and General Electric. Both committed approximately 9% of the US$5.64 billion of GIP I's committed capital.

So, make i believe u over bloomberg
Go explain give bloomberg

U go explain tire cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by olamiji98448: 10:48am On Jan 13
That's goodThat's good...
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 10:48am On Jan 13
Irony1:

Yoruba men are not good in business. How many of them as against the total Yoruba population are good business managers? Why is it that the likes of Adenuga would rather employ Indians and other expats to manage his business if truly Yorubas are best managers? Oga stop talking like a dunce.

This is a highly, unadulteratedly stupid statement.

How can you be so foolish to say Yorubas are not good in business when they are the dominant Nigerian tribe in owning most professionally run businesses in almost all industries in Nigeria?

How can you be so foolish to say Yorubas are not good in business when they are the dominant Nigerian tribe in hiring of Nigerians by foreign businesses owners into senior management positions?

How can you be so foolish to say Yorubas are not good in business when they are the dominant Nigerian tribe in hiring by other Nigeria tribes' business owners, of people not from the owner's tribe/region, into senior management positions?

Your statement is really reeetarded!

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Hotfreezing: 10:56am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Please go ahead, but again know this that you can be arrested for Libel and you need to be certain careful of not you are crossing the line of no return.

Obinna Onwunyi, isn't that your name?

From your history, you have a pattern of crimes: impersonating law enforcement officers, DSS in particular. That's a criminal offence. Minimum of 21 years imprisonment.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 10:57am On Jan 13
Hotfreezing:

Obinna Onwunyi, isn't that your name?

Nope it is not my name. Mind how you accuse people or you will go in for it
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 10:57am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

You are really a clown, this is a corporate game, you guys cannot run businesses like igbos, moreso that the Igbo entrepreneurship system is being studied by IVY league schools like Havard, that have testified that it is the biggest wealth incubator in the world. Keep being dense you hear.

Yorubas run businesses better than igbos because, on average,

1) Yorubas tend to dominate in starting and running more sophisticated businesses, not just "buy & sell", "import, cash and carry" and "petty trade".

2) Yorubas tend to turn their businesses into professional corporations more than Igbos, not one-man businesses.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Hotfreezing: 10:59am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Nope it is not my name. Mind how you accuse people or you will go in for it

It is not your name?
I made this nigga deny his own name and ancestry grin grin
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 10:59am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

Yorubas run businesses better than igbos because, on average,

1) Yorubas tend to dominate in starting and running more sophisticated businesses, not just "buy & sell", "import, cash and carry" and "petty trade".

2) Yorubas tend to turn their businesses into professional corporations more than Igbos, not one-man businesses.

Oga supply us data to buttress your point. A people that have the best wealth incubator that makes foreigners come to study is the one you are saying rubbish about.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 11:00am On Jan 13
Hotfreezing:

It is not your name?
I made this nigga deny his own name and ancestry grin grin

Oya tell us your name? I Don't understand why you are saying rubbish. See this thing from you will land you and nairaland in trouble for privacy concerns.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Hotfreezing: 11:02am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Oya tell us your name? I Don't understand why you are saying rubbish. See this thing from you will land you and nairaland in trouble for privacy concerns.

But you said it's not your name na.
Have you forgotten when you impersonated being a DSS officer and the mod had to pull down the thread?
That is enough to land you in DSS custody.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 11:10am On Jan 13
Hotfreezing:

But you said it's not your name na.
Have you forgotten when you impersonated being a DSS officer and the mod had to pull down the thread?
That is enough to land you in DSS custody.

Dude I never impersonated ant DSS officer. Please do not spin the quotes anyhow, like I said you will land yourself in trouble for Libel, maybe then you will understand the gravity of the nonsense you are doing.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 11:16am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Oga supply us data to buttress your point. A people that have the best wealth incubator that makes foreigners come to study is the one you are saying rubbish about.

This is very foolish.

Foreigners also come to study scarification of the face in Africa does not mean it is the "best face development system" that Gucci should copy.

Because Western universities study the gay marriages does not mean it is a sign of "superiority functionality" or a "gem". Things are studied because of their weirdness, uniqueness, curiosity or just to cover all types of approaches.

Never again in your life boast that because Havard (sic) studies Igbo entrepreneurship, it is superior or some perfect system. That is foolish reasoning. From this, I can already tell that your IQ is quite low.

As for data, lets play Mr.

Oya, name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria that you want to test out. Lets see the real "wealth incubators".
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 11:17am On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

This is very foolish.

Foreigners also come to study scarification of the face in Africa does not mean it is the "best face development system" that Gucci should copy.

Because Western universities study the gay marriages does not mean it is a sign of "superiority functionality" or a "gem". Things are studied because of their weirdness, uniqueness, curiosity or just to cover all types of approaches.

Never again in your life boast that because Havard (sic) studies Igbo entrepreneurship, it is superior or some perfect system. That is foolish reasoning. From this, I can already tell that your IQ is quite low.

As for data, lets play Mr.

Oya, name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria that you want to test out. Lets see the real "wealth incubators".

Oga bring the statistics naaaa I asked you first.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Gamesmart: 11:25am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Oga bring the statistics naaaa I asked you first.

I should bring the whole statistics in the world?

Narrow it down.

I said name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria and I will bring you the data.

It would even be more fun for me to feed you data based on your own choices, so you don't claim I was bias and selective with my data choice.

Oya, name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria that you want to test out.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by grandstar(m): 11:27am On Jan 13
Oshokhai69:

That’s not how private equity works. Just shut up. Most of the money is put in by Limited partners (institutional investors such as pension funds, SWFs, etc that sit on billions of dollars). The General partner (Bayo and other partners) only put in about 1 or 2 percent. Mind you there are over thirty partners in the GP.

Bayo and the other partners will make good money but the LPs make most of the money.

If you don’t know how something works just shut the fukk up and stop sounding like an illiterate!

Why are you crying louder than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Elemosho478: 12:19pm On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

You are really a clown, this is a corporate game, you guys cannot run businesses like igbos, moreso that the Igbo entrepreneurship system is being studied by IVY league schools like Havard, that have testified that it is the biggest wealth incubator in the world. Keep being dense you hear.

Corporate game that we own and control is what we can't run like Igbo you are the clown here 🤡

Check the list of CEO of established companies and multi nationals and MD of banks.

You see how we own top highest grossing Nollywood movies with hardly any Igbo on the list but it is Yoruba that can't run business cheesy.

We are talking above real business not upper eweka sales boy slavery.

Yoruba run the same apprentice and impact real skills and talents not petty trading of illegal stuffs and contrabands, bricklayers, carpenters , tailoring , mechanics , vulcanizes etc how do you think Yoruba doing those work learnt the skills ?
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Lightorder: 12:28pm On Jan 13
Elemosho478:

If you are even a ounce successful like him people will tell your story like that too, bad belle somebody grin
I am very successful in my little world. I don't have much money yet. I have so much peace and joy in my home. I sleep very well . I don't have bills weighing much on me. I am very healthy and my entire family too.

This is my little success , my story and people around have been telling it
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Firstcitizen: 12:38pm On Jan 13
FreeStuffsNG:

Adebayo Ogunlesi was born on December 20, 1953, in Nigeria. He grew up in a well-educated family with his father being a professor of medicine, and his mother being a civil servant. Ogunlesi attended King’s College in Lagos, Nigeria, for his secondary education. In 1973, Ogunlesi moved to the United States to attend the prestigious Oxford University in England, where he earned his undergraduate degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) in 1976.

Which igbo you smoke today? Prestigious Oxford University in England in the US?

1 Like

Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by OgaRico(m): 1:14pm On Jan 13
Neymar Jr, Lewandoski, Haaland and more all said no to Real Madrid.

TimeManager:

Ignorant kid, do you have an idea about Blackrock?. In simple terms, can a footballer say No to RealMadrid?

-kiss the truth!
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 1:30pm On Jan 13
Elemosho478:

Corporate game that we own and control is what we can't run like Igbo you are the clown here 🤡

Check the list of CEO of established companies and multi nationals and MD of banks.

You see how we own top highest grossing Nollywood movies with hardly any Igbo on the list but it is Yoruba that can't run business cheesy.

We are talking above real business not upper eweka sales boy slavery.

Yoruba run the same apprentice and impact real skills and talents not petty trading of illegal stuffs and contrabands, bricklayers, carpenters , tailoring , mechanics , vulcanizes etc how do you think Yoruba doing those work learnt the skills ?

You talk like a child walahi. Genevieve had started grossing millions of dollars in Netflix before the said people you are talking about started. Oga you don't have sense honestly.
Re: Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B by Realtruth2023: 1:31pm On Jan 13
Gamesmart:

I should bring the whole statistics in the world?

Narrow it down.

I said name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria and I will bring you the data.

It would even be more fun for me to feed you data based on your own choices, so you don't claim I was bias and selective with my data choice.

Oya, name 5 to 10 industries in Nigeria that you want to test out.

Oga I asked you first for data. Stop trying to dodge first bring yours and I will bring mine and dem plenty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers / Elite Solar Kiosk To Enhance Opportunities For Small Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.