Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations (37720 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by CaptainFM1: 10:34pm On Jan 12
UrPapa:
At least fuel go drop to #100 per litter now

grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Ubdavis(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12
UrPapa:

Lucid dream. U been no here when NNPC MD said that even if we consume our locally refined product, that there would not be any significant change Im pump Price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by VaginaAcademic: 10:38pm On Jan 12
UrPapa:
story
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:41pm On Jan 12
thatigboman:
chairman forget all this big big grammar u are blowing. NNPC themselves said it, presidential deadline or no presidential deadline, port harcourt refinery will not work this year.

If you have never worked on a big project before then it's easy to criticize others. Keep hoping for bad news while we move forward. Go and study project management to understand complexity of such undertaking. By the way, it's a private project hence Dangote doesnt owe anyone an explanation for when he starts his production.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Idoko619(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12
Not related but I'm sure some folks that ended up under bridges in Lagos are those tired of house hunting.

I've considered it twice today.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Kingrshd3: 10:41pm On Jan 12
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Henrydata(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12
kokoA:
If I'm buying petrol for 650naira and I know it's being produced in Nigeria I wouldn't mind.

Exactly. You get the point

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by PHAYOL81: 10:53pm On Jan 12
Hurray!yeah.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by erico2k2(m): 10:53pm On Jan 12
datola:
Congratulations to the Dangote Team!

Even if petrol price does not crash, it is still a big win for Nigeria. As in... the value this big project will bring to the economy is enormous.

Congratulations Nigeria!

Value like?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12
Elemosho478:

The dollar we are using to import petrol will be channel to other things and i think fuel is our biggest import if we no longer import fuel it will ease the demand for dollars.
U will be choked.Nk remittance on gains in Nigeria.take NPA and customs for example.they profit they claim to have made over exceed thier budgets but till wait for FG and are still broke.
Dont xpect toomch.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Kingrshd3: 11:01pm On Jan 12
Ubdavis:

Lucid dream. U been no here when NNPC MD said that even if we consume our locally refined product, that there would not be any significant change Im pump Price

Na wá óò so since it's like that then why are our government publicity it for the citizen when it won't have significance 🤔
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Akaujaa(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12
Good development but note that Dangote refinery wouldn't necessarily be serving Nigerians nor reduce the price of fuel in the country. Just like his cement, Nigerians will likely buy it at higher cost than other African countries. We need to understand the politics behind the business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Realtruth2023: 11:05pm On Jan 12
Didijiji:
The year has started well with Tinubu

From Betta Edu suspension to improved power to uninfluenced Supreme Court judgements to the sack of fraudulent bank executives.

If Only Buhari did some of these things

Weldon Asiwaju.

This is just the beginning. Please give us more

Good governance is what we want no matter who offers it

You guys are rookies when it comes to propaganda. How many times will we hear that Dangote Refinery has commenced operations?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by tnerro1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12
Again?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by 1Alex: 11:16pm On Jan 12
YorubaIsGreat:
Our blodas from sadist no go like this news... God bless Nigeria
Seun hope you never sleep.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by samuelson06(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

And what would that benefit you?

Leave foolish people abeg. Nigga is foolish.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by kmaster007: 11:20pm On Jan 12
Just dey play
UrPapa:
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by mipeesoft(m): 11:31pm On Jan 12
Dey play grin
UrPapa:
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Federalis: 11:32pm On Jan 12
Make another billionaire wey dey like this in Nigeria find something wey beneficial to the masses at large, and start. Thereby contributing to the development, and growth of this great country of ours.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by MeineMutter: 11:32pm On Jan 12
coputa:
crude wasn't imported, Nigeria has abundant crude oil

Don’t mind that mumu. They are all poorer students if Economics.

Anything they here is their wish. It’s doesn’t go in line with known an known laws under macro and micro economic.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by MeineMutter: 11:37pm On Jan 12
sukkot:
wow let me offload dollars. e go soon lose value

You bera.

That’s my prayer o, even though na o obodo oyibo I dey. I feel sad seeing Naira on a free-fall.
I want things to be ok back home.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Bigsunny01(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

And what would that benefit you?

Some people head dey touch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by sukkot: 11:45pm On Jan 12
MeineMutter:

You bera.

That’s my prayer o, even though na o obodo oyibo I dey. I feel sad seeing Naira on a free-fall.
I want things to be ok back home.
i was joking ni oooo lol. but i agree with you

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Yashita: 11:46pm On Jan 12
I pray it last forever and NNPC kickstarts too and flourishes

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by MeineMutter: 11:47pm On Jan 12
ppogba:

The 32 million you are quoting is the figure for stealing subsidy money.
Besides,.factors clear to you and I have ensured the quantity is reduced drastically now.

Ignore him, my brother. He is pouring now what he watched on Arise TV being spewed by bitter analysts who don’t like how things are going because their candidate came 3rd in an election.

If even DANGOTE is operating at 40% capacity of the 650k bpd, it would still meet and surpass local demands. He thought DANGOTE and his teams of world-class advisers are du.mb like him.

What would be consumed in Lagos is higher than what 5 West African countries will consume.

Our West African neighbors would still rely on smu.ggl.ing of our fuel until one of them is able to build refinery. More so, they don’t need one because they don’t have fuel. They would rather eat crumps from our leftovers, after our market is satisfied.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by scholes23(m): 11:48pm On Jan 12
Let the monopoly begin
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by ufotunang: 11:49pm On Jan 12
This is nice..we thank God
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Rollzgold(m): 12:06am On Jan 13
God bless Nigeria🤲🏻
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by MeineMutter: 12:11am On Jan 13
sukkot:
i was joking ni oooo lol. but i agree with you

😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by seanery: 12:46am On Jan 13
Mk dem no go throw fire for their o
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by ninetiethcrown7(m): 1:13am On Jan 13
coputa:
Dangote refinery cannot cater for the needs of Nigerians.we consume 32million litres of PMS everyday not to mention AGO, they will still import to bridge the gap until all the nations refineries will start producing at full capacity.

It will cater or be adequately enough by my calculations, 350k bpd x 170 litres of refined petroleum products per barrel, do the maths.

This is all on the basis that there is constant supply of crude.

At full capacity of 650k, we would have enough to flood the country with refined petroleum products and even still export for forex. With or without the gov owned refineries.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Shimbo96(m): 1:23am On Jan 13
Wainey:
Na every weekend Dangote refinery deh start operation?

I don hear this news like 16times na
enemy of progress, you will never believe good news. Mtchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring / Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.