Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery (45512 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SmartyPants(m): 12:04pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

i dont think you produce that much crude to consider such a deal today....

Why not? I'm merely suggesting that we trade whatever we want to sell to Dangote to avoid fx issues. So it's not really a question of how much crude we produce.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Obiedun(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

how many common nigerians understand how to operate refineries....??

watch dangote videos....you will see indians and other nationalities....
So nigerians will not be employed?
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by lapintoz: 12:06pm On Jan 13
So behave yourself

Chimarto:
I've returned from se'un exile..
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ericmor: 12:07pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:
its sad how we ridicule how obasango payed back all ur debts back then to be borrowin today like lunatics....

imagine obasanjo didnt achieved that back then how hard it would be today for nigeria to get loans.... undecided undecided

It's not even hard now and it will be the same if obasanjo did not pay. Nigeria will always be granted loan cuz they know the country is bless
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Magnetic010: 12:08pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

And even though we have a working refinery, for that refinery to work well, Dangote must be allowed to set whatever price he wants to set...so that workers are paid well, shareholders see returns on investment, maintenance costs are paid, expansion plans are carried out, etc etc.

Remember, Dangote refinery is not NNPC refinery, where government pays workers salaries, whether the things works or no.

(FIN).
See now that is my angle, the government have celebrate Dangote refinery like it's their gift to Nigerians, giving many false hope that this refinery will in some way have a positive impact on their daily lives. That's is totally misleading.

Dangote is a business man a monopolist at that, his refinery will in no way have any positive impact on the lives of the common man....please don't bring the angle of foreign exchange, the major reason why the naira keeps loosing value is because of corruption in the financial(banking) sector backed by some evil leaders in high positions...people go to banks buy up all the dollars and hoard it, making the dollar go up and sell to make big buck. Check out import/export report for 2023 you can't even phantom why the naira keeps falling.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by GeneralDae: 12:10pm On Jan 13
SmartyPants:

I suppose all of this can be solved if they simply traded crude for refined products like we were doing at some point in the past?
True. But we are not producing above 1.3 million bpd as at November 2023 and due to previous crude swap deals, some of what we produce are for forward contracts. This means we may not have enough to supply Dangote 650000bpd and still be an OPEC member supplying anything tangible to the world.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by IMASTEX: 12:12pm On Jan 13
solex75:

At least it will reduce pressure on forex.
That should have been one of the guarantee merit. But Nigeria politicians can't be trusted. Watch and see how they will blame other sector for forex scarcity. After artificially hoarding it for individual gains.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Lordsonn: 12:13pm On Jan 13
solex75:

W
How will it reduce pressure on forex? Dangote is importing the crude from other countries using forex and there's a clause in the agreement that part of the refined PMS will be exported to the country that sold the crude oil.
Dangote will supply Nigerian oil market directly. NNPC will continue exporting crude oil and importing PMS

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ntyce(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

You're so quick to forget that Nigerian matters of economics only works on paper and not in reality undecided

So, the employment will only take place in paper, not in real life
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:15pm On Jan 13
SmartyPants:

Why not? I'm merely suggesting that we trade whatever we want to sell to Dangote to avoid fx issues. So it's not really a question of how much crude we produce.

it doesnt make any economical sense anyways....

its like tellin me to give you 20 kilos of yams to get 2 kilos of pounded yam powder....

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by patrickcollins: 12:16pm On Jan 13
solex75:

It won't as he intends to sell in dollar not naira
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by solex75(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13
Franking:

You mean while we import fuel Dangote will export his?

Are we not exporting and importing LPG now?
A substantial amount of cooking gas we use today is imported at the same time we are exporting. Nigeria is unique!

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:18pm On Jan 13
patrickcollins:

ehen...try to explain that to them....its like rocket science to them....
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SeeWahala: 12:20pm On Jan 13
ntyce:

So, the employment will only take place in paper, not in real life

Watch and see the ratio of foreigners to indigenous people they will finally employ.

And by the way, out of over 50 million Nigerians seeking employment Exactly how many can be employed in that refinery that will make a dent in our employment deficit?

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by patrickcollins: 12:20pm On Jan 13
GeneralDae:

The world is not moving away anything. Forget that story.
You are right they moving no where
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by solex75(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13
patrickcollins:

Then why are celebrating the refinery?

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:22pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

Watch and see the ratio of foreigners to indigenous people they will finally employ.

And by the way, out of over 50 million Nigerians seeking employment Exactly how many can be employed in that refinery that will make a dent in our employment deficit?

question is how many nigerians realy learnt anything about refinin crude oil accordin to international standard....

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13
kenny714433:
The rigging has come to life!
The engine sings the sea.
Hoist the flag
break the anchors, we've sailed.
Ship ahoy!!
confra boi spotted!
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13
ericmor:

Same excuses all the time when it comes to dangote. So how is this a benefit to the citizens that are still suffering from high price of things in the country nau. Sha be you people have been shouting that dangote refinary will reduce fuel pump price since it will be produce here and not imported

Should you sell bread you baked at THE cost of N2000 per loaf at the price of N200 to help the poor?

(FIN).
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:23pm On Jan 13
solex75:

we told you from the start you shouldnt celebrate it....
people that understand tried to say something....you didnt listened....

the same way we warned you about mmm back then....you didnt listened either.... undecided undecided
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SeeWahala: 12:24pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

question is how many nigerians realy learnt anything about refinin crude oil accordin to international standard....

Good point cry hard to argue with that
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by mfm04622: 12:25pm On Jan 13
Magnetic010:
If this Dangote refinery doesn't in any way reduce the price of petroleum products in the country then it is of no benefit to the common man....

It will not!

The benefit is that we would not be using foreign exchange to import PMS anymore. PMS import is the largest consumer of our foreign exchange.

So, the benefit will be Naira may strengthen due to lower demand

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Ekugbeh(m): 12:26pm On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:
Cooking Lagos and Lagosians slowly but deadly

Una go hear hhwenn from dis boiling toxic pollutants

On top of that......still pay him trillions for doing it

Him go carry the trillions go Kano
nothing like that
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 12:27pm On Jan 13
ericmor:

Same excuses all the time when it comes to dangote. So how is this a benefit to the citizens that are still suffering from high price of things in the country nau. Sha be you people have been shouting that dangote refinary will reduce fuel pump price since it will be produce here and not imported
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 12:27pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

we told you from the start you shouldnt celebrate it....
people that understand tried to say something....you didnt listened....

the same way we warned you about mmm back then....you didnt listened either.... undecided undecided
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:27pm On Jan 13
mfm04622:

It will not!

The benefit is that we would not be using foreign exchange to import PMS anymore. PMS import is the largest consumer of our foreign exchange.

So, the benefit will be Naira may strengthen due to lower demand

you are forgetin neighborin countries countin on that refinery too....

have you forgotin that president of ghana was at the ceremonies....??
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by patrickcollins: 12:28pm On Jan 13
solex75:

Well let us wait and see how it goes we all hope it favours us
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by mfm04622: 12:28pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

you are forgetin neighborin countries countin on that refinery too....

have you forgotin that president of ghana was at the ceremonies....??

So, we can even earn more foreign exchange.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SmartyPants(m): 12:30pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

it doesnt make any economical sense anyways....

its like tellin me to give you 20 kilos of yams to get 2 kilos of pounded yam powder....

That's obviously not how it works. You give me 50 naira worth of yam and I give you back 50 naira worth of yam flour. I can make 100 naira worth of yam flour from 50 naira yam. The excess is my profit. You take your 50 naira and give it to your yam marketers at 30 naira. the 20 naira is the subsidy. Everyone is happy.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by BreconHills(m): 12:30pm On Jan 13
Magnetic010:
If this Dangote refinery doesn't in any way reduce the price of petroleum products in the country then it is of no benefit to the common man....

The primary benefit is to to increase fx revenue
Higher fx revenue means higher reserves. Higher reserves will eventually translate to lower prices.

Even if the masses don't understand those who have had a uni or poly education should be able to explain it to them.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:33pm On Jan 13
mfm04622:

So, we can even earn more foreign exchange.

i would stop always thinkin on foreign exchange....

naira is still not that weak....
their are currencies still much weaker than the naira today....

its up to us to start concentratin on local production before naira become another cedi or zimbabwe currency....
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 12:36pm On Jan 13
SmartyPants:

That's obviously not how it works. You give me 50 naira worth of yam and I give you back 50 naira worth of yam flour. I can make 100 naira worth of yam flour from 50 naira yam. The excess is my profit. You take your 50 naira and give it to your yam marketers at 30 naira. the 20 naira is the subsidy. Everyone is happy.

bwahaha....absolutly not....how much do you sell a barrel of oil that you buy a liter of oil today....??

how much liter is in a barrel of crude oil....??

do you even understand the difference between a barrel and a liter....??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.