Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,427 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery (44723 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Ironbull: 1:49pm On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Oga simple answer you cannot give, bring the details of the state in the east. It is not hard naaaa.

Google is your friend.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ntyce(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

Watch and see the ratio of foreigners to indigenous people they will finally employ.

And by the way, out of over 50 million Nigerians seeking employment Exactly how many can be employed in that refinery that will make a dent in our employment deficit?

Lol, how is unemployment Dangote's fault? His conglomerate is still one of the largest employers of labour in Nigeria.
Which industry in the country has more foreigners than locals.
I understand all you doing, trying to downplay multibillion dollar investment.

How many Nigerians do you have employed?

How many people do you employ

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by chymeze: 2:03pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

Exactly. That's what I'm waiting to see.

What use is it to Nigerians if it won't reduce the cost of purchasing fuel at the pumps. These APCNig goons are just trying to latch unto anything to show a semblance of progress in their government of decay.

Even to the extent of hyping a man's private business undecided Very sad.
It's benefits is not just in reducing fuel prices. It's also going to increase Nigeria's exports and exports revenue (thus, increasing dollar inflow and ultimately driving down exchange rates) as well as reducing Nigeria's importation of petroleum products (thus, saving valuable foreign reserves for the country)
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SmartyPants(m): 2:04pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

i am not difficult....!!😂😂

my wives wouldnt agree with you....😂😂

Introduce us first let me ask them - one on one though wink
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Prosafe(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13
Our ozone layer be like :-O 'damn this human want to kill me !'
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 2:18pm On Jan 13
SmartyPants:

Introduce us first let me ask them - one on one though wink

😂😂....get your head out of the gutter....

they scare the shitt even out of me....😂😂
women no dey joke today....

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by loswhite(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:
Cooking Lagos and Lagosians slowly but deadly

Una go hear hhwenn from dis boiling toxic pollutants

On top of that......still pay him trillions for doing it

Him go carry the trillions go Kano
Shut up. I am sure you are among those crying why is Nigeria importing fuel now you are typing thrash when the refinery has started working.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 2:26pm On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:

If the refinery were to be situated in the that area, the flaring won’t be toxic because those in Warri, Kaduna and PortHacourt have never been toxic.

Because it’s now in another zone, the flaring is toxic. See hypocrisy at play. Lots of babies are here on NL.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Slurity(m): 2:40pm On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:

BAD BELLE, ONLY NEGATIVITY YOU SEE, AND SO THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL ALWAYS GET IF YOU DONT CHANGE,
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Princewill1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 13
If you save heavily in USD, you need to tread with caution at this point.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 2:47pm On Jan 13
Richtaiwo:
I thought gas flaring has stopped. Why the flaring? Can't it be converted to a useful purpose? I understand gas flaring produces excessive carbon monoxide (CO) which destroys ozone layer leading to global warming.

Africa has its own quota to pollute and it has always been underutilized because we are not industrialized. We could have been selling our own quota for money to industrialized countries like the US and China for some $$$$$$ but we chose not to.

So the little flaring you are is seen is extremely insignificant to what industrialized nations are releasing into the atmosphere. More than 35% of China’s energy source is from coal and you can imagine how dirty and toxic coal could be.

Add this to it: Nigeria does not even account for 0.00000000000% of global pollution being reported.
Our airspace is among the cleanest in Africa.

The pollution in Pakistan, India, Bangladeshi, Cambodia etc are second to none. Mind you, these are none industrial pollution o.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:04pm On Jan 13
solex75:

Products exported will improve Nigeria's balance of trade.

They lack simple knowledge of econs. Education has been bastardized before most of them were born.

All they grew up to know is music, skit, to blow, we are outside, rosco, pablo, you dey whine, tick-tock, instablog etc.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:12pm On Jan 13
EconomistXplain:

balance of trade has bever been the issue.

issue is with balance of payment

We will still have balance of payment deficit because we are not industrialized and we export less but all the same, it will improve our balance of trade.

Let all past and present governors of our states too invest in something similar like this.

Let’s celebrate our little wins. It’s not only DANGOTE that the refinery will benefit. Lots of companies in oil and gas will spring up and lots of other companies will start serving one another and the multiplier effect will be huge.

We can imagine what women who would be selling foods at the gate to motor boys and truck loader would be making in a day. Some of them would need extra hand who would need to come from Akwaibom, Calabar, Kwara, Kano, Benue etc. POS shops nko? Recharge card sellers nko? The effect is too huge to be mentioned.

It’s not easy to build and commission a refinery. 70 years to come, Africans would still be using fuel-run vehicles.

Africa is far from electric vehicle penetration. That’s the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:19pm On Jan 13
gare:

We don't want flare video or pictures, that would not power my car what I need is PMS, when they start loading in trucks to dispatch to various locations then can show us the pictures or video, not all this photoshopped videos

PMS will come soon. Dangote is waiting for Marketers and NNPC to nearly exhaust what they have in stock (storage) before he can be allowed to start selling. That’s the agreement they reached. Don’t forget some shipments of PMS are still coming since NNPC could not, categorically, determine when Dangote would commence operation.

DANGOTE may not start cracking PMS until April 2024 - earliest.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:36pm On Jan 13
Lanretoye:
if you are thinking refinery will reduce the price of fuel then im not sure you can have a family yet,and if you have already i hope you can stand to cater for them we ith this kind of reasoning.

It’s you that your IQ is low. Get off that jealousy table you are. Give it to the man. If e easy, run am.

Dangote has enough to sell to Nigeria and export. Our people too will buy and go and sell in Ghana that you mentioned. Nigeria’s market is huge than all West African market, combined.

Do you think DANGOTE won’t spend before he would take the products to Ghana etc? Rather, it is people that would be coming to buy it in Lagos. It’s the buyers that would arrange their own logistics. Use your senses. You all this 1997 to 2005 kids who are on NL.
Lots of you only went to school to waste your time. You know nothing about constructive arguments. You argue the way palm-wine tappers argue. You contribute based on sentiments and from tr1ba1 angle.

The guy has chosen to build his refinery in Lagos. There’s nothing we can do. He reserves the right to do it the way he wants. Also, we can’t have 2 presidents at a time. Those who came 2nd and 3rd and 4th should go and try their luck next time.
Nobody is marginalizing any region. If you can’t join them at the center table, you can’t eat from the fat bouvet meals. Face front and spit out the 8tred you have for DANGOTE and people from other region.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by PHAYOL81: 3:38pm On Jan 13
Biodun556:
grin
The beginning of new era

Exactly
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by GeneralDae: 3:51pm On Jan 13
Lordsonn:

W
How will it reduce pressure on forex? Dangote is importing the crude from other countries using forex and there's a clause in the agreement that part of the refined PMS will be exported to the country that sold the crude oil.
Dangote will supply Nigerian oil market directly. NNPC will continue exporting crude oil and importing PMS
If Dangote supplies Nigerian oil market wouldn't that reduce or eliminate the importation of refined products by NNPC?

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:53pm On Jan 13
pacespot:
Take these people serious at your own expense. I will only take this Dangote Refinery serious when I start to see measurable impact in terms of positive changes in the lives of Nigerians. They can do this showoff in the beginning only for the Refinery to downsize later, Nigerian government is capable of anything.

Hold your past and present state governors responsible for your life that has improved or that has not improved. Don’t forget to ask all civil servants in your state on how they corner your state’s resources.

Dangote is not FG. He is not out to better your life. Ask your parents too what they have done for you.
Leave DANGOTE alone. Why are you feeling bad?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:54pm On Jan 13
lordm:
your people celebrated gutter

And water fountain.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by GeneralDae: 3:55pm On Jan 13
justtoodark:

it doesnt make any economical sense anyways....

its like tellin me to give you 20 kilos of yams to get 2 kilos of pounded yam powder....
It makes sense because crude oil can be used to produce so many products not just PMS. Crude oil is valuable and in this crude swap deal, Dangote is spared from paying for it and then export the excess.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 3:55pm On Jan 13
Sleekfingers:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
This one is in sifia pains......

If you know how much Dangote is donating to several organizations in Lagos, you won't type these trash.....

He didn’t blame is governor Ms for building unsafe, substandard roads or even failing to build roads at all.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 4:00pm On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

This is for internal consumption. OPEC rules don't apply here.

Lots of them are mu_mu.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by GeneralDae: 4:00pm On Jan 13
IMASTEX:

You have stated the obvious and I quite partially agree with you on the business angle. Meanwhile, the government owes it a responsibility to create a balance in the system. I.e. a person can decide to sell a yam for 10k per yam. Same yam he bought from a farmer at 200 & other cost 500 making a total of 700 expenses incurred. And make 9k profit especially on essential products yet the govt will look the other way. So it's more of exploitation rather than business. These are also one of the artificial causes of inflation. No regulations on profit ratio. Not to mention the strengthening & support for market monopoly by government actions & inactions. This will continue to create the wide gap there by enriching the rich & weakening the poor. This is my general observation of the Nigeria business environment. On the Dangote refinery, there won't be price cut neither will it improve the pressure on forex. The only merit is that there will be product availability.
It can reduce the pressure on FX if we make a good deal.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by honour7: 4:06pm On Jan 13
Malawian:
Where did the "gas" come from?
From crude oil?

Una mumu never do.

Na u be mumu, if gas na by product of crude oil dem con say dem no go fit use the gas for other productive purpose rather than burning, u go allow engineers in the house tell us why dem no fit use the gas for any other purpose rather than to burn am
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 4:10pm On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

People at Eleme will tell you how hot their place is once refinery is working. The fact that people are there is because that refinery has not been producing for sometime. Normally people should stay far from refineries.

Those are Lord Luggard-era refineries.

I don’t think you know what Dangote built.
Though not as big or sophisticated as those of Saudi Aramco etc o but it’s trailing them.
You don’t know what they have considered before even they started the design and the provisions they have made for modifications.
You thought that place was put up by local people. There’s hardly no one world-class consulting firm that didn’t work on that refinery. Do you know what USD $19billion can buy?

USD$1 billion alone is equivalent to 1,300 trillion Naira.

That’s is a trillion Naira in 1,300 places.

You think they just assembled pipes together and painted them?

Its control center alone is worth your state’s budget for 2024.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 4:15pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Meanwhile, the cost of refining fuel from crude is above N800 per liter, if not more.

Shey you go pay the difference?

Besides, your argument could be used to argue that you should sell everything in your provision store, assuming you had one, below N100. per item.

Things cost money. It is sad, but here we are. Things cost money.

Show us the template you used in calculating this. Share it with us here since you are the financial analyst for Dangote. Stipe spewing all you heard on Arise TV and Channels TV here. You don’t know Dangote’s Bill of Quantity on each product and you are just talking whaaaaa.

Share any proof for us to know how you arrived at the calculation or you st.F up for life.

Stop misleading the already lost sheep.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

Show us the template you used in calculating this. Share it with us here since you are the financial analyst for Dangote. Stipe spewing all you heard on Arise TV and Channels TV here. You don’t know Dangote’s Bill of Quantity on each product and you are just talking whaaaaa.

Share any proof for us to know how you arrived at the calculation or you st.F up for life.

Thank you for being so nice. Unfortunately,I don't talk to nice people

Good bye
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 4:29pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

Watch and see the ratio of foreigners to indigenous people they will finally employ.

And by the way, out of over 50 million Nigerians seeking employment Exactly how many can be employed in that refinery that will make a dent in our employment deficit?

Not only direct employment is needed in Dangote. The refinery will spur setting up of other industries, which will be employing people. Just wait and see.
You can imagine a packaging company being set up to sell drums and cans to Dangote

What of the one that will be printing the sleeves put on the packaging? What of the ones that would be supplying the inks, adhesives etc used in printing and pasting to packaging sleeves? What do the transporter that will go and deliver the printed sleeves? Etc.
The chain continues like that. Even if not all new companies are established, the existing ones that would service the refinery would be expanded and they would need more hands. Those expiating ones too would need additional companies that would supply and service them.

You now see why we have to be industrialized. All our governors are just busy s-tealing states money.
No single industry they establish for people to work there. They prefer to build estates in Abuja, Lagos, PortHacourt etc that nobody would buy or rent. They prefer to take the money out of the country or convert it foreign currencies and put additional pressure on Naira.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 4:31pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Thank you for being so nice. Unfortunately,I don't talk to nice people

Good bye

You could have waited now. Olodo. Just joining the bandwagons of Olodo. Set awon Olodo.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ericmor: 4:32pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Should you sell bread you baked at THE cost of N2000 per loaf at the price of N200 to help the poor?

(FIN).

Same excuse again
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 4:34pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

No mind that guy wey call himself Nairalanda1. He is only trying to justify why his paymasters should continue paying him 35,000 Naira monthly.
Money wey no fit last 3 days!
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13
obesse:

No mind that guy wey call himself Nairalanda1. He is only trying to justify why his paymasters should continue paying him 35,000 Naira monthly.
Money wey no fit last 3 days!

So because I say that anyone running a business,you included,should be free to set their prices,I have paymasters?

I love your logic,Comrade

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira / Reno Omokri: Dangote Was 25th Richest Person On Earth, Why He Dropped To 117th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.