Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery (44705 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13
ericmor:

Same excuse again

At the end, a profit must be made. That is the reason for doing business. They aren't charities after all. They exist to make money.

They don't exist to cater for us,unless we were owning the business

Keep calling me an oppressor, while missing my point because of some misdirected anger.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

You could have waited now. Olodo. Just joining the bandwagons of Olodo. Set awon Olodo.

Well, the fact that things have to be sold at a profit should not make you lose your temper for nothing, good sir
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 4:46pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

So because I say that anyone running a business,you included,should be free to set their prices,I have paymasters?

I love your logic,Comrade
Everybody knows that is what you do. Although the policies affect you negatively just like all Nigerians, but you have no choice than to do the job you have chosen to do, by your own self, out of thousands of lucrative and honest careers available.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Everybody knows that is what you do. Although the policies affect you negatively just like all Nigerians, but you have no choice than to do the job you have chosen to do, by your own self out of thousands of lucrative and honest careers available.

All this over the simple fact that things have to be sold at a profit?

Why spil so many protons over so little?

Petrol has to be sold at a profit
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Everybody knows that is what you do. Although the policies affect you negatively just like all Nigerians, but you have no choice than to do the job you have chosen to do, by your own self, out of thousands of lucrative and honest careers available.

No one is paying me.

I had my eyes opened in 2011 , is all

But if it helps your mental health to feel better by believing I work for 'them' so be it.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 5:08pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

No one is paying me.

I had my eyes opened in 2011 , is all

But if it helps your mental health to feel better by believing I work for 'them' so be it.

Best wishes to you and your cronies, who see black and call it white.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Best wishes to you and your cronies, who see black and call it white.

So, all who disagree with you are evil and working for the dark side.

You abuse me, because you have no counter to my points. Deep inside, you know I am right. And it hurts you. Abuse makes you seem wiser than me, and it makes you popular here.

But deep inside, you know I am right, and it makes you angry and raging.

Well, at the end, petrol must be sold at a profit. If believing that makes you think I work for the dark side., so be it. It may help your mental health to believe in the lie....instead of accepting the truth. Because for you it is a hard thing.

But at the end, no matter what you think of me, petrol must be sold at a proift. Either way, government is not listening to people like me.

Good night comrade
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Epstein(m): 5:29pm On Jan 13
More fresh air for lagos....

cool
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Realtruth2023: 5:30pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

Those are Lord Luggard-era refineries.

I don’t think you know what Dangote built.
Though not as big or sophisticated as those of Saudi Aramco etc o but it’s trailing them.
You don’t know what they have considered before even they started the design and the provisions they have made for modifications.
You thought that place was put up by local people. There’s hardly no one world-class consulting firm that didn’t work on that refinery. Do you know what USD $19billion can buy?

USD$1 billion alone is equivalent to 1,300 trillion Naira.

That’s is a trillion Naira in 1,300 places.

You think they just assembled pipes together and painted them?

Its control center alone is worth your state’s budget in 2024.

So let me ask you do you know what they considered? You don't even know and you are talking.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 5:33pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

So, all who disagree with you are evil and working for the dark side.

You abuse me, because you have no counter to my points. Deep inside, you know I am right. And it hurts you. Abuse makes you seem wiser than me, and it makes you popular here.

But deep inside, you know I am right, and it makes you angry and raging.

Well, at the end, petrol must be sold at a profit. If believing that makes you think I work for the dark side., so be it. It may help your mental health to believe in the lie....instead of accepting the truth. Because for you it is a hard thing.

But at the end, no matter what you think of me, petrol must be sold at a proift. Either way, government is not listening to people like me.

Good night comrade
No matter how hard you try to launder your image, the fact still remains that most Nairalanders can see beyond your hypocrisy. In addition, deep down, your conscience will continue to prick you for calling black white.
I am done with you.
Good night!
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13
obesse:

No matter how hard you try to launder your image, the fact still remains that most Nairalanders can see beyond your hypocrisy. In addition, deep down, your conscience will continue to prick you for calling black white.
I am done with you.
Good night!

No matter how hypocritical you think I am, fuel must be sold at a profit.

No matter whether you think I am an APC supporter, and I have supproted fuel subsidy removal since 2011, when most APC members were pro-subsidy, fuel must be sold at a profit.

Sorry it pains you so, comrade. No matter how much you abuse me, you cannot change fact. Fact will always win against you.

Good night comrade. cheesy
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 5:49pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

No matter how hypocritical you think I am, fuel must be sold at a profit.

No matter whether you think I am an APC supporter, and I have supproted fuel subsidy removal since 2011, when most APC members were pro-subsidy, fuel must be sold at a profit.

Sorry it pains you so, comrade. No matter how much you abuse me, you cannot change fact. Fact will always win against you.

Good night comrade. cheesy
This damage control cannot help you. A wise man once said: "conscience is an open wound. Only truth can heal it!"
Go and settle with you conscience.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13
obesse:

This damage control cannot help you. A wise man once said: "conscience is an open wound. Only truth can heal it!"

Well, no matter what you think of me, whether I am even Satan himself, as you seem to presume, or one of his lackeys., but even so, fuel must be sold at a profit to have working refineries.

I can't see how that should cause you so much pain.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13
obesse:

No mind that guy wey call himself Nairalanda1. He is only trying to justify why his paymasters should continue paying him 35,000 Naira monthly.
Money wey no fit last 3 days!

The above comment is a blatant lie.

Yet such as you who can lie about me, come here to call me a hypocrite?

Now, how does that explain you lying against me?

Good evening. Pot, meet kettle.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 5:56pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

The above comment is a blatant lie.

Yet such as you who can lie about me, come here to call me a hypocrite?

Now, how does that explain you lying against me?

Good evening. Pot, meet kettle.
Damage control cannot help you.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Damage control cannot help you.

Well, fuel has to be sold at a profit anyway. Lol.

Plus, you are still a liar though.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by EconomistXplain: 6:03pm On Jan 13
casualobserver:

Go and collect a refund from your economics teachers.

leme ask u this question...

country A imports goods and services worth the volume of 700 containers per month nd exports goods and services worth volume of 420 containers...

in the case what terminology do we use to analyze the macroeconomics trade.. balance of trade or balance of payment..? and what direction is it..?

another scenery is :

country A import 700 containers worth 9billion dollars, but export just 120 containers whose value of goods wlis worth 42 billion dollars..?

what terminology do u use in its macro economic analysis nd what is the director of it...

guy try understand d different btw trade and payment balance...no one k ows it all....
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Joy2dworldxyz: 6:11pm On Jan 13
T tot Dangote refinery belongs to Dangote and his company,?

So I don't understand why people are celebrating as if it's Nigeria's own!

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 6:14pm On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

So let me ask you do you know what they considered? You don't even know and you are talking.

Tell the whole world. Let’s hear you. We will know if it’s one from one of those talk shops given by 8ters of Nigeria.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 6:15pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Well, the fact that things have to be sold at a profit should not make you lose your temper for nothing, good sir

I am not loosing an iota of temper over you or anybody. I have told you the simplest truth.

Lots of you talk or contribute like babies that are still suc.k1ng bobi.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 6:16pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Well, fuel has to be sold at a profit anyway. Lol.

Plus, you are still a liar though.
Yorubas have an adage which I will attempt to translate: "Even if the people you are lying to are not aware, you the liar, know deep down in your heart of hearts that you are an absolute and incurable liar!"
I wonder how you can sleep at night with this type of job you do. A job that always puts you in constant warfare and conflict with your own conscience.
Get a job that would give you peace of mind. A job you can do with a clear conscience.
Shikenan!
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

I am not loosing an iota of temper over you or anybody. I have told you the simplest truth.

Lots of you talk or contribute like babies that are still suc.k1ng bobi.

Well, why does the fact that fuel has to be sold at a profit make you use such language then? You are actually upset.

Well, capitalism and beloved Saint Adam Smith don't care about you or my feelings. They both speak the sainted word that fuel must be sold at a profit.

That fact is just a fact, not a means to make you go angry and calll people suckling babies.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by gare(f): 6:19pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

PMS will come soon. Dangote is waiting for Marketers and NNPC to nearly exhaust what they have in stock (storage) before he can be allowed to start selling. That’s the agreement they reached. Don’t forget some shipments of PMS are still coming since NNPC could not, categorically, determine when Dangote would commence operation.

DANGOTE may not start cracking PMS until April 2024 - earliest.

Is there going to be a downward reduction in price of PMS and other refined products from Dangote refinery, since freighting charges would out of it
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Yorubas have an adage which I will attempt to translate: "Even if the people you are lying to are not aware, you the liar, know deep down in your heart of hearts that you are an absolute and incurable liar!"

Well, since you lied about my profession, that proverb applies to you, not to me.
I wonder how you can sleep at night with this type of job you do. A job that always puts you in constant warfare and conflict with your own conscience.

The fact that petrol must be sold at a profit is enough to give one sleepless nights?

For the record, I believe that fuel should be sold at N40 per liter, or less even. Nigerians are poor. But doing so would induce a great deficit in our budget, cause us to spend money on subsidies instead of health and so forth, and at the end of the day ruin our refineries. It has happened.

Sell fuel at a profit...or earn enough money for subsides via taxes, diversification of the economy, etc. Simple. Something which government has not done , including this one. Here we are.

As you can see , capitalisim does not care about how I feel. Nor does it care about you too.
Get a job that would give you peace of mind. A job you can do with a clear conscience.
Shikenan!

I already have a job, and it is not what you think

And you are still a liar though. You accused me of working for some N35000 JOB. I am yet to hear you take back your lie, so you are a liar, and a good one too.

I end my talk with you here, so you can crow on your victory if you like.

Good evening.

Fuel must be sold at a profit.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 6:28pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Well, since you lied about my profession, that proverb applies to you, not to me.

The fact that petrol must be sold at a profit is enough to give one sleepless nights?

For the record, I believe that fuel should be sold at N40 per liter, or less even. Nigerians are poor. But doing so would induce a great deficit in our budget, cause us to spend money on subsidies instead of health and so forth, and at the end of the day ruin our refineries. It has happened.

Sell fuel at a profit...or earn enough money for subsides via taxes, diversification of the economy, etc. Simple. Something which government has not done , including this one. Here we are.

As you can see , capitalisim does not care about how I feel. Nor does it care about you too.

I already have a job, and it is not what you think

And you are still a liar though. You accused me of working for some N35000 JOB. I am yet to hear you take back your lie, so you are a liar, and a good one too.

I end my talk with you here, so you can crow on your victory if you like.

Good evening.

Fuel must be sold at a profit.
Of course you have a job. Everyone knows that your job title is
Online miscreant.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Of course you have a job. Everyone knows that your job title is
Online miscreant.

Ah the abuse has started.

Good evening. I will trobule you no more. But I will still say this. Grow up. And...you are not the only one suffering under this government.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13
obesse:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 6:35pm On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Ah the abuse has started.

Good evening. I will trobule you no more. But I will still say this. Grow up. And...you are not the only one suffering under this government.
Just go and make peace with your conscience. That should be your new year resolution.
I am done with you
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 13
obesse:

Just go and make peace with your conscience. That should be your new year resolution.
I am done with you

Well, fuel has to be sold at a profit you know. It needn't pain you so.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13
Last comment. Got to go ate.

My simple opinion that fuel must be sold at a profit, or that prices won't come down with Dangote refinery has gotten as usual the abuse, and anger.

It is kind of funny. People suddenly become irrational when you inform them that fuel has to be sold at a profit.

All I have to say to them is, you really should not let me build a nest in your brain. I am not the nice bird you think I am. I won't say more

Gluten afend.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 7:02pm On Jan 13
gare:

Is there going to be a downward reduction in price of PMS and other refined products from Dangote refinery, since freighting charges would out of it

Yes. emphatically.

DANGOTE has everything to his advantage. The economy of scale is there. The refinery is new. They won’t even think of repair at all for now, other than minor fine-tuning. So his Opex won’t go beyond what he has projected.

Don’t forget the refinery is being run majorly by Indians and Indians know how to cut, optimize or minimize cost. Its COGS too would be moderate.
Once he gets his procurement right, he can easily bring down the price, in no-distant time.

He has most modern loading system, robust end-to-end ERP systems, modern cargo tracking, world-class consultant who would be on ground till everything takes shape because their cost of doing this has been included in building the refinery. I do not say he won’t need other consulting services o but it would be minimal.

I see him selling selling at N400 before the year runs out.

Do for forget he will have fuel of different grades. Don’t expect all their prices to be the same.

You will soon start seen different pumps at our filling stations with different grades of fuel the way it is being down abroad.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 7:58pm On Jan 13
SmartyPants:

Introduce me first let me ask myself - me on me though wink

okay oo....enjoy jerkin off....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.