Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,281 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? (8979 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by naturefellow(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16
Do you still have a mental health, or your toxic boss has destroyed it already?
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by being(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

A little bit above 100k
Find a job that pays equal or above this and quit.. your current environment has become toxic.. not good for your mental & emotional well being!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Watinhapen(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
Nobody has the right to insult you just because they pay you some money. If I were you I would’ve insulted that your boss since and walk out of that company. I will advice you to take your mental health and dignity seriously. You’re a man, don’t let another man trample on your dignity just because you work for him. Look for somewhere else to work.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by UnemployedGradu: 1:33pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:
Good morning, Nld Family.

I am seated in my office this morning typing this with very huge double thought and resentment to my job.

I am working with a manufacturing company in the South West state as an Accountant. The company faces a lot of hurdles and the part that affects the whole staff is paying of salary. If orders did not come, we expect salary maybe on the 12 - 20th of the new month. Note, my boss doesn't care if he is owing us salary or not. If I or any senior staff ask him about paying salary, he will directly ask you whether you brought any sales to the company or you gave him money to keep for you.

Ok, that's a bit of the place I work. But what is really bordering me now, since I came here last year, we haven't threaded the same path. We always misunderstood each other at every moment and he doesn't waste a moment to lambast me. Even when am right or wrong. Lastly, this week, he has been complaining since Monday till Friday, yesterday that since I came to the company, I have not added any single value to the firm. That I am just occupying the accountant seat for nothing but receiving salary.

He abuses me in front of any human being, both visitors, Junior staff, senior staff, his family, I mean anybody that comes, he will call me just to tell them how stupid I am to his firm just to shame me. I have expected him to sack me, yet, I don't see that coming and he is not doing like any who will sack me anytime soon.

But this year, we say NO GREE FOR ANYBODY. I went back to my digital works and he has been very mad that I am in his firm making use of my phone to post my business on Facebook and WhatsApp, that why should I do that?

Pls fams, does this really add up that I should resign? Hunger can't kill me because my online is paying and many jobs full here. I tried submitting my CV for interview and guess what, I went for 4 interviews this week only and has 2 interviews Monday and Tuesday next week. Also, 2 company's called me to resume work this coming Monday, one offered me 100k, the other 80k but I have declined 1 and will decline the other today. So, I am very sound that I can get a better place and i know my job very well. Why I am not doing up to his expectations is because the firm is big with 3 company's inside the industry and I am the only accountant, cashier, and Clark to myself. So, isn't easy. And he wants me to do both manual recording and digital recordings which I told him it can't work because it is only me.

So, should I quit or stay for few months because I have a financial target of 150k in 2 - 3 months time. Also, my girlfriend called me lately that she has taken in...

Your advice pls
I have been unemployed since hence from my status but from last month I got a job of #250k in an NGO, I have received my first salary on 30th December though I want to link you up but it depends on age. How old are you?
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Harbdulrafiu(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16
Pls If you can help me, studied Agricultural extension.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by theamazonguru(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16
kaywhy09:
Seems like Show off
I don't get
Is everything show off?

Well I like to know how this is a show off.
Someone is talking about what he is currently facing, you are saying it seems like show off.

Well if it looks so, then it is.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Harbdulrafiu(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16
UnemployedGradu:
I have been unemployed since hence from my status but from last month I got a job of #250k in an NGO, I have received my first salary on 30th December though I want to link you up but it depends on age. How old are you?

Pls If you can help me, studied Agricultural extension.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by theamazonguru(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16
OP,
E be like say, you are happy with the disrespect you get daily.
Otherwise, you won't be asking this question.
If I were you I would have long left the miserable job.

I can't be thinking of the next insults I will get while I am going to work.
Never.

I respect my joy, my peace and above all my self respect.

And given that you already got another offer that will pay almost the same salary, ómó I would gladly jump at that one.

Yes the salary is not better, but it will give you your sanity and self respect.
While you are there, you job hunt for better ones with your head raised high.

Choose what you like now.
At the end of the day, it is your life.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by ukaface(f): 1:58pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

I am seated in my office this morning typing this with very huge double thought and resentment to my job.

I am working with a manufacturing company in the South West state as an Accountant. The company faces a lot of hurdles and the part that affects the whole staff is paying of salary. If orders did not come, we expect salary maybe on the 12 - 20th of the new month. Note, my boss doesn't care if he is owing us salary or not. If I or any senior staff ask him about paying salary, he will directly ask you whether you brought any sales to the company or you gave him money to keep for you.

Ok, that's a bit of the place I work. But what is really bordering me now, since I came here last year, we haven't threaded the same path. We always misunderstood each other at every moment and he doesn't waste a moment to lambast me. Even when am right or wrong. Lastly, this week, he has been complaining since Monday till Friday, yesterday that since I came to the company, I have not added any single value to the firm. That I am just occupying the accountant seat for nothing but receiving salary.

He abuses me in front of any human being, both visitors, Junior staff, senior staff, his family, I mean anybody that comes, he will call me just to tell them how stupid I am to his firm just to shame me. I have expected him to sack me, yet, I don't see that coming and he is not doing like any who will sack me anytime soon.

But this year, we say NO GREE FOR ANYBODY. I went back to my digital works and he has been very mad that I am in his firm making use of my phone to post my business on Facebook and WhatsApp, that why should I do that?

Pls fams, does this really add up that I should resign? Hunger can't kill me because my online is paying and many jobs full here. I tried submitting my CV for interview and guess what, I went for 4 interviews this week only and has 2 interviews Monday and Tuesday next week. Also, 2 company's called me to resume work this coming Monday, one offered me 100k, the other 80k but I have declined 1 and will decline the other today. So, I am very sound that I can get a better place and i know my job very well. Why I am not doing up to his expectations is because the firm is big with 3 company's inside the industry and I am the only accountant, cashier, and Clark to myself. So, isn't easy. And he wants me to do both manual recording and digital recordings which I told him it can't work because it is only me.

So, should I quit or stay for few months because I have a financial target of 150k in 2 - 3 months time. Also, my girlfriend called me lately that she has taken in...

Your advice pls
Except if you love the insult then keep staying there

You better resign and go to another job before you are left with no dignity and respect.
Tor!

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by anslemarinze52(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16
parkervero:

One of the companies offered you 100k, accept it and quit your current job. But if you know your placenta was buried in your current company then continue to experience all manners of insults you are experiencing

Just leave the op.. as if the boss gets what he's looking for he won't sack you immediately.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by anslemarinze52(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls

You got no balls.. man up.
The future is Great 👍.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Aplaudez(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls

It's like you're good at cooking and revamping cvs, please can I pm you please

Kindly response to me.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Telltruth123: 2:39pm On Jan 16
Meerahbel:
Rule 1 Never get caught using company property (Internet, office vehicle for personal erand, wifi etc)
Rule 2 Don't forget rule 1

Drop your email, I have job for you, remote accountant if you interested.

You ain't got doh and yet you firing from all cylinders. Welcome to fatherhood, jump ship because baby food and pampers are expensive.

You financial target is actually poor for an accountant,150?! in 2-3 months babay things & ante-natal alone would probably gulp that up, you should be aiming for 2m in 6 months
Please I am also interested in the remote job.
I am an accountant.
Thank you ma.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by tonicyril: 2:45pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls
you need advice??

Maybe u re truly what he calls you who knows??

Abi how can a reasonable man, a valued man, a man with high esteem will allow a baboon to be lambasting him upandan?? O wrong na..

Wait, how una dey stay for two weeks for this kain place self, I trust myself, I won't even resign before I leave u and ur work...iranu

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Mom007(f): 2:53pm On Jan 16
That man is abusing you and other staff. Please leave there and show him that he is not God. If you leave, he will probably calm down and begin to treat others better. Also, learn how to sell yourself and negotiate for better pay. Know your worth. If any employerbis offering you anything less than 200k, tell them that you will only work 4 days out if 5 or something like that so you can use the extra day off for your personal runs. Never let any employer feel they are your all in all unless they are paying you all in all money. I wish you all d best going forward, it seems your self esteem has taken a terrible battering.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 2:56pm On Jan 16
Aplaudez:

It's like you're good at cooking and revamping cvs, please can I pm you please

Kindly response to me.

You can
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 3:09pm On Jan 16
UnemployedGradu:

I am 28yrs.

I will be glad if you link me up, pls
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by UnemployedGradu: 3:34pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

I am 28yrs.

I will be glad if you link me up, pls
you are qualified..but wait will you be 28 this year or last year?

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by 7upnigeria: 4:13pm On Jan 16
Meerahbel:
Rule 1 Never get caught using company property (Internet, office vehicle for personal erand, wifi etc)
Rule 2 Don't forget rule 1

Drop your email, I have job for you, remote accountant if you interested.

You ain't got doh and yet you firing from all cylinders. Welcome to fatherhood, jump ship because baby food and pampers are expensive.

You financial target is actually poor for an accountant,150?! in 2-3 months babay things & ante-natal alone would probably gulp that up, you should be aiming for 2m in 6 months

God bless you for even trying to help the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by lomprico(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls

It's like your salary is huge, cos that's the only reason that I can fathom that is still keeping you there.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by RuddyFusion(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16
What will I be doing in a place with so much mental abuse?

Your pay is small and the new offers you claim to have rejected are poor too.....

What exactly will one do with a job of 100 - 150k in today's Nigeria? What exactly?

If your online hustle pays, then face it and build it up.....

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 4:28pm On Jan 16
UnemployedGradu:
you are qualified..but wait will you be 28 this year or last year?

28 by April this year
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 4:29pm On Jan 16
RuddyFusion:
What will I be doing in a place with so much mental abuse?

Your pay is small and the new offers you claim to have rejected are poor too.....

What exactly will one do with a job of 100 - 150k in today's Nigeria? What exactly?

If your online hustle pays, then face it and build it up.....

Yes, I want to face it squarely by March because I want to buy some equipments that are needed in some of the jobs they call me on in the online side
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 4:33pm On Jan 16
Mom007:
That man is abusing you and other staff. Please leave there and show him that he is not God. If you leave, he will probably calm down and begin to treat others better. Also, learn how to sell yourself and negotiate for better pay. Know your worth. If any employerbis offering you anything less than 200k, tell them that you will only work 4 days out if 5 or something like that so you can use the extra day off for your personal runs. Never let any employer feel they are your all in all unless they are paying you all in all money. I wish you all d best going forward, it seems your self esteem has taken a terrible battering.

Certainly, I would have dropped. But to be honest, 3 of our major staff didn't return this year because he is owing them huge salaru and it's a big blow to him. So, me the accountant come stop now, actually, it will cause him emotional trauma because the Admin block will be empty only with the secretary and receptionist left.

But once I have good offer now up to 150k or 200k and the firm will pay me as at when due, I will stop.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Kings0042(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16
That's very good of you. Please I'm also a data analyst and Business Intelligence Analyst. I'm open for similar opportunities incase you have any to aid me with. Thank you.

Attached below is my mail id...
kingsley.agbo042@gmail.com
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Karlifate: 5:47pm On Jan 16
SharingIsLife:
They don't pay you as and when due.
They don't respect you.

You have other offers

Your gf is pregnant.

So, why are you asking us what to do?

OK, stay there till 2047.

Nigerians are conditioned from childhood to always suffer before they make it, that's why the fear of unknown keeps them stagnant on bad jobs.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by samwash(m): 7:03pm On Jan 16
Your present job pays you 100k & you got an offer of almost same amount, moreso you receive insults upon insults yet you don't want to leave the toxic environment, and salary is not been paid as at when due.
What do you gain from that environment, abi you dey pay yourself salary before your oga actually pay you. If not that you are seeing sidecuts, I don't understand why you should be there. Abi you are planning to take over the company from your Boss.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by MeineMutter: 7:57pm On Jan 16
Write this down: the moment an accountant doesn’t start his or her career from a reputable multinational company or any of the Big 4 audit firms, such accountant shouldn’t stay more than 3 years, max in any local company. Otherwise, the accountant is on a looooonnnnnng thing.

Those stea1ing in a company would still stay I. Such companies sha and weather all the insults and abuses.

Brotherly, jé kí awó lo.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by nedekid: 8:47pm On Jan 16
Wahala.
You said you got offer of 100k, does that mean you currently earn less than 100k as an accountant? shocked
Kai, naija under apc has really dealt with Nigerians, haba!
OP, just be patient until you find something better doing and then take your leave. Don't do it under quarrel situation.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Aplaudez(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16
Please kindly help me with your WhatsApp contact.

Thanks
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Aplaudez(m): 9:21pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Please kindly inbox me your WhatsApp contact.

Thanks
You can

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by duduade: 4:48am On Jan 17
UnemployedGradu:
your girlfriend has taken in.. don't you use Condoms? Of withdrawal? I have stayed with an ex girlfriend for 6 month and we had sex constantly but I was always using withdrawal and never got pregnant. So you have Normal sex 0f releasing semen inside her and you expect her not to be pregnant?

So you can't purchase rubber

The day this withdrawal method will mess you up your eyes go clear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Place To Start A Career? / How To Become A Data Analyst In 3-months / Customers Are Always Right;How True Is This View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.