Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine (1854 Views)

I Need Sharp Tokunbo Rx300 Engine... / How Much Can I Sell This 2006 Toyota Corolla / Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by TolkowskyCut: 9:11am On Jan 13
The engine of my Lexus RX300 knocked on Monday

I eventually bought a tokunboh engine yesterday at Ladipo Market for 540K

Now I want to sell the old engine that knocked, what is the best price I can get for it?

Does anyone have any idea of a fair price to ask for or the current going rate for a knocked engine?
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by TolkowskyCut: 9:31am On Jan 13
Someone in Ladipo Market just gave me a quote of 80K for the knocked engine
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 9:39am On Jan 13
TolkowskyCut:
fair enough. Engines are sold are scraped. Usually 60k from other state but a but higher in lagos. Because all engine sold find their why to lagos.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by nurey(m): 9:39am On Jan 13
wait you bought a 1mzfe with VVti for 540k embarassed toyota owners dey suffer sha. engine ooo without transmission even if it has compressor, alternator and kickstarter 540k for 1mzfe is fu*king expensive. engine that was 120k in 2019 nawa ooo

8 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 9:51am On Jan 13
nurey:
wait you bought a 1mzfe with VVti for 540k embarassed toyota owners dey suffer sha. engine ooo without transmission even if it has compressor, alternator and kickstarter 540k for 1mzfe is fu*king expensive. engine that was 120k in 2019 nawa ooo
and I guess it’s 2003
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Curious345: 9:55am On Jan 13
TolkowskyCut:

Now I want to sell the old engine that knocked, what is the best price I can get for it?

Does anyone have any idea of a fair price to ask for or the current going rate for a knocked engine?
You should have just ringed it for less than 120k
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 10:03am On Jan 13
Curious345:

that’s if the crankshaft is still intact. You have to still consider the engine status
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by nurey(m): 10:10am On Jan 13
fineboynl:
and I guess it’s 2003

Oga year does not matter, a 1mzfe is very expensive for 540k except it came along with transmission

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 10:37am On Jan 13
nurey:

Oga year does not matter, a 1mzfe is very expensive for 540k except it came along with transmission
lol last year before tinubu comes in to spoil every. Someone bought transmission for rx330 650k. Only transmission. When they mounted it transmission fluid was leaking underneath it. What can they do? Transmission that was waybill from lagos?

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Nomerci: 10:51am On Jan 13
Highest 40k
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by nurey(m): 10:52am On Jan 13
fineboynl:
lol last year before tinubu comes in to spoil every. Some but transmission for rx330 650k. Only transmission. When they mounted it transmission fluid will leaking underneath it. What can they do? Transmission that was waybill from lagos?

is like you dont know what 1mzfe engine is. it is a 3.0L engine fitted to RX300,Avalon, highlander and first gen sienna. he isnt talking about 3mzfe (3.3L)
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Nomerci: 10:57am On Jan 13
TolkowskyCut:

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 11:05am On Jan 13
nurey:

is like you dont know what 1mzfe engine is. it is a 3.0L engine fitted to RX300,Avalon, highlander and first gen sienna. he isnt talking about 3mzfe (3.3L)
ok
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by xtivin2: 1:19pm On Jan 13
nurey:
Ask for year first na...haba
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by nurey(m): 2:14pm On Jan 13
xtivin2:

Ask for year first na...haba

What do you mean by year he has already given us the car model abi is there a 2020 RX300

9 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by pointblankeirie: 5:29pm On Jan 13
🤦‍♂️
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by mejai(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13
nurey:

What do you mean by year he has already given us the car model abi is there a 2020 RX300
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by jceesquare(m): 6:45am On Jan 14
TolkowskyCut:
They will fix same engine and resell to you and other unsuspecting people for higher fee when their engine fail.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by symbianDON(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15
nurey:

please what is the price range for J35Z2 for Accord?
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by nurey(m): 5:46pm On Jan 15
symbianDON:
please what is the price range for J35Z2 for Accord?

i have no idea boss.
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by symbianDON(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15
nurey:

i have no idea boss.
ok...thanks
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by TolkowskyCut: 1:21pm On Jan 28
Curious345:

Ringing the engine would be the equivalent of taking on a risk whose outcome could not be predicted. It was just better for me to just buy a new engine and save myself the stress of having to go to the mechanic every week
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Curious345: 1:22pm On Jan 28
TolkowskyCut:

Ringing the engine would be the equivalent of taking on a risk whose outcome could not be predicted. It was just better for me to just buy a new engine and save myself the stress of having to go to the mechanic every week

Your new engine was equally ringed and worked on ...but professionallly

4 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by TolkowskyCut: 1:24pm On Jan 28
nurey:

The engine came with just kickstarter and alternator but to be honest even though it was very expensive it was worth; I was there when they finished installing it in the vehicle...it started at first attempt grin
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Baztardidiot: 3:56pm On Jan 28
It will soon start shortening oil.in nigeria especially at ladipo. Knocked engines of naija used toks cars of a year are usually reworked. If u wan buy direct toks. Buy online from abroad. 95%of toks engines are faulty engines from abroad.or reworked clean naija use engine,washed with battery water to bring out that grey /aluminium shine like factory. I give your toks engine 2 to 3 oil changes.highest 3 to 4months. U go see the engine wey u buy.
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by PapaMama9ja: 5:54pm On Jan 28
This is totally false.
Imported engines are not what you described here at least i currently sell tokunbo engines. Some may tilt towards that but no importer will risk huge funds to bring in the scrap you talked about. It is not worth it

Speak only what you are certain about and not assumption please.
Baztardidiot:
It will soon start shortening oil.in nigeria especially at ladipo. Knocked engines of naija used toks cars of a year are usually reworked. If u wan buy direct toks. Buy online from abroad. 95%of toks engines are faulty engines from abroad.or reworked clean naija use engine,washed with battery water to bring out that grey /aluminium shine like factory. I give your toks engine 2 to 3 oil changes.highest 3 to 4months. U go see the engine wey u buy.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by Baztardidiot: 6:02pm On Jan 28
Go sleep . Most toks engines are damaged engines. U think say we stupid. The seller usually writes the state of the engine. Junk sales. Engine damaged. But when e reach ladipo.they will quickly fix and sell . Abegi
PapaMama9ja:
This is totally false.
Imported engines are not what you described here at least i currently sell tokunbo engines. Some may tilt towards that but no importer will risk huge funds to bring in the scrap you talked about. It is not worth it

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by xcuggsm(m): 4:55am On Jan 29
PapaMama9ja:
This is totally false.

Since you sell toks engines, how much do I budget for a Toyota 1GR engine for an o4 4Runner?
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by PapaMama9ja: 11:23pm On Jan 29
Like i said…only say what you know about. My source of engine remains stripped cars from USA which is not a crime. It is cheaper to bring in 40 kits in a container than bring in 40cars to strip in Nigeria.

You are entitled to your opinion even though you are wrong.
Baztardidiot:
Go sleep . Most toks engines are damaged engines. U think say we stupid. The seller usually writes the state of the engine. Junk sales. Engine damaged. But when e reach ladipo.they will quickly fix and sell . Abegi
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by PapaMama9ja: 11:31pm On Jan 29
Budget between 1.4m to 1.7m
All depends on your grade specifications
xcuggsm:
Since you sell toks engines, how much do I budget for a Toyota 1GR engine for an o4 4Runner?
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by xcuggsm(m): 6:23pm On Feb 05
PapaMama9ja:
Budget between 1.4m to 1.7m
All depends on your grade specifications
For the 1Gr 4.0 V6 engine; is it possible to get a skeleton engine or bolare engine?
How much?
Re: How Much Can I Sell A Knocked RX300 Engine by fineboynl(m): 5:43am On Feb 08
Most tok engine are from scrap cars. Accidented or damage cars. Secondly in time past there used to be some a damage engine that they removed from cars.

But in modern times they hardly swap engine nowadays. American or European will scrap a car and end money for another car than to change engine. They don't joke with safety and go through all the stress. And besides it's too costly and they sees it as counters product. Rather the swaps engine or transmission majority will sell the car like that as scrap. Because It's too costly for repair job and the warranty is another problem.

Most mechanic will end up buying it for Very cheaper price and work it. I have watch alot of YouTube where mechanic rebuild the car they bought very cheap and sometime resell it. But

Direct toks engine is way better. The only problem is that we sell refurbished engine as toks. Instead of them to juysay it's refurbished Igbo man will sell as toks.

And engine that still with the factory state. Untempered cannot be compared with engine a Nigerian rebuild.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years / Three Tyre Car Moving With Top Speed Spotted In Ibadan. Video / Mercedes Benz C300 For Sale (neat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.