Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases (16485 Views)

2023: 14 Govs,13 Ex-govs, Three Former Senate Presidents Meet To ‘rescue Nigeria / Tinubu’s Fraud Cases Linger In Court Amidst 2023 Presidential Ambition / How Much Ex-Governors Get As Pensions In Nigeria - SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by GoodGovernance: 8:05am On Jan 14
I will take EFCC serious, when they investigate current and past presidents, the likes of Wike, Akpabio,Gandujeollar, et al.
[/s]

A politician can never be so wealthy in public office, without being a thief, this is hard fact!

Also, it's high time we severed EFCC from the presidency.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by gaskiyamagana: 8:07am On Jan 14
PrinceofSarcasm:
Hmmm if this is true real and not the usual media trials we have seen in the past then I will stan Tinubu .

If for the first time we have sincere persecution of corrupt looters who stole Nigeria's money then I will become the world's strongest tinubu supporter.

If for the first time we have true unbiased persecution of looters and they are sent to jail not Orji uzor kalu type of jail where they are still.paid salary but real jail then truly I will become the world's top Tinubu fan. I will change my daughter's name to Tinubu and I will use my.money to print 1.million I love Tinubu tshirts and share in different states .

But alas we all know this is all fake drama to distract from bad governance. When since 1999 has any corrupt official been made to face the law? When even the judges are corrupt?

The fact is tinubu has too much corrupt bagages to persecute.anyome sincerely. Look at Betha Edu's case. In any honest sincere country by now she would have been in handcuffs because the evidence is overwhelming. But this is Tinubu government so she is free. Forget all these noise true governance doesn't need media to talk. You will just wake up to see arrested bot media telling you efcc said they will do this and that.

It's all lies.
This one don't know many things about corruption in Nigeria.
Go ahead and prosecute them, jail them (if ever possible) , only for them to be released by presidential pardon for second term reelection of Jagaban.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Clobisman(m): 8:09am On Jan 14
Okirinwankwa76:

…reopens cases against Fayose, Kwankwaso, Nnamani, Lamido, Sylva, others

•Diezani, other ex-ministers listed as agency vows not to spare politically exposed persons

https://punchng.com/efcc-revives-13-ex-govs-n772bn-fraud-cases/
These criminal ex governors might get clever lawyers who will use lapses in the law to exonerate them from all these criminality but one thing can't be disputed, those amount of money is missing and some people are holding on to those public funds for their own personal gains.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by JoshTim: 8:11am On Jan 14
The whites are complicit in fraud crimes committed in Africa. Where are Abacha relations and children?...abroad right. Why can't they black list these set of persons and their criminal relations?.

The same goes for every public officer who embezzled public funds.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by princeabdul(m): 8:13am On Jan 14
Look at the amount that was looted it's enough to build an ultra modern infrastructure, what a country. 😀

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by PusssyLord: 8:13am On Jan 14
Did you see PETER OBI'S name..but you guys chose to vote and defend the father of all these THIEVES in 2023. Anyway, we all gather dey

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by eldoradoxx: 8:15am On Jan 14
772 billion was stolen by your political leaders and everyone is pretending that their leaders are better than the order. Citizens in cage.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Solitechworld(m): 8:18am On Jan 14
This probe is merely another tactic to suppress some of his opponents. Kwankwaso will need to compromise and join the APC, and all charges will be dropped.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by eldoradoxx: 8:19am On Jan 14
post=127931519:
CORRUPTION MUST DIE TOTALLY IN OUR NATION.

For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with us that what happened in our nation since democracy was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. 
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin.

We Rise.
The list did not end here, abi corruption died since 2015? Complete the list as most of the events there were prior to 2015
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Josywhyte: 8:19am On Jan 14
EFCC are just a toothless dog that can't bite
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by eldoradoxx: 8:22am On Jan 14
PusssyLord:
Did you see PETER OBI'S name..but you guys chose to vote and defend the father of all these THIEVES in 2023. Anyway, we all gather dey
Its a reminder, all those guys screaming " Obi invested Anambra money in a family business, he invested it in a brewery he has interest in", this is the right time to send your petition to EFCC. I would want some people to write petition against him so we can uncover how this Saint Obi looted Anambra State while he was Gov. The right time is now that EFCC is reopening investigation into all former Governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by thebar: 8:26am On Jan 14
Neduzze5:
Hmmm

When will they begin the case on Nyesom Wike

The man robbed Rivers State to stupor!!

The only governor that performed in the whole of SS ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Bluntemperor: 8:29am On Jan 14
lexylaw40:
What a world we live in.
But why are they always shouting Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu. Now you can see things for yourself.
Please let them reopen the $14b power project fraud allegedly committed by Obasanjo administration

God bless you brother, for this frank talk!
We are the real enemies of Nigeria, especially the footsoldiers on most of the Social Media Pages, defending our tribal and ethnic leaders - who made us poor,by stealing NBillions, without blinking eyes on the Masses that elected them!
•Can we reason - why are we not having Constant Lights, Functional Refineries,Good Roads, Functional Hospitals and Clinics,yet they carried these Money outside Nigeria,with the aid and help of the same young people - who are readily manipulated because of few Naira,which is not up to the Interest on these Homongous NBILLIONS Stolen!
Imagine a State like Zanfara- where past governors can't just account for NBILLIONS , yet Terrorists,are fighting the People,- day and night! Is that fair to the Zanfara People?
•A very good development and let everyone bears his Father Names,for we all saw on TV and read Newspapers,how these so called 'Big Men' - Politicians -destroyed Nigeria through Corruption!
Now that even former President says ' he is ready to be a Witness on the Power Contract' Scam, because he did not give such authority to the Minister'
That is commendable!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by wirinet(m): 8:31am On Jan 14
PrinceofSarcasm:
Hmmm if this is true real and not the usual media trials we have seen in the past then I will stan Tinubu .

If for the first time we have sincere persecution of corrupt looters who stole Nigeria's money then I will become the world's strongest tinubu supporter.

If for the first time we have true unbiased persecution of looters and they are sent to jail not Orji uzor kalu type of jail where they are still.paid salary but real jail then truly I will become the world's top Tinubu fan. I will change my daughter's name to Tinubu and I will use my.money to print 1.million I love Tinubu tshirts and share in different states .

But alas we all know this is all fake drama to distract from bad governance. When since 1999 has any corrupt official been made to face the law? When even the judges are corrupt?

The fact is tinubu has too much corrupt bagages to persecute.anyome sincerely. Look at Betha Edu's case. In any honest sincere country by now she would have been in handcuffs because the evidence is overwhelming. But this is Tinubu government so she is free. Forget all these noise true governance doesn't need media to talk. You will just wake up to see arrested bot media telling you efcc said they will do this and that.

It's all lies.

Same sentiments here. I have been an ardent critic of Tinubu because of his shady past, but I am beginning to have a change of mind. I am impressed by the way he is tackling corruption. This is the first time since Obasanjo that an administration is tackling high ranking members of its own administration in issues of corruption without any political undertones. I supported buhari mainly because of his anti corruption image only to be disappointed at the end of the day. He ended up being worse than Jonathan.

I will continue to watch Tinubu to see if he will maintain the tempo and actually prosecute high ranking politicians including those close to him and former governors who have lost immunity.
Tinubu could end up being a blessing to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Unseen(m): 8:31am On Jan 14
post=127931519:

For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with us that what happened in our nation since democracy was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

We Rise.

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Dybala11(m): 8:31am On Jan 14
post=127931519:

Happy reading:

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 

*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

*~ Godswill Akpabio*

*~ Okonjo Iweala*

*~ Peter Obi*

We Rise.
Omo, this is so so horrible. Those PDP almost succeeded in looting the nation dry. By the way, the investigation shouldn't be one-sided o. Why is it that the likes of Ganduje and others are not getting investigated too??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Oseone1: 8:35am On Jan 14
[quote author= post=127931519]CORRUPTION MUST DIE TOTALLY IN OUR NATION.

Happy reading:

11. My boss asked me to gJ

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by GloriousGbola: 8:36am On Jan 14
Seeing fayose put away will sweet my belle.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Pio44: 8:39am On Jan 14
Bat will still be worse P
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Kingsley811(m): 8:40am On Jan 14
I hope they will follow up and get all these money back

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Neduzze5(m): 8:42am On Jan 14
thebar:

The only governor that performed in the whole of SS ?

He performed, yes, to a large extent, but he plundered the state.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Teenaira: 8:42am On Jan 14
Probing all of them will likely result in an effort in futility. They should just get them to do plea bargaining with everyone bringing ordinary 50% of the loot to the Treasury. If we can achieve that, Nigeria might get back to its foot.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by thisisit: 8:45am On Jan 14
after the misadventure of premature PETROL SUBSIDY REMOVAL..... the comes scene two.... WITCH-HUNTING!!

WITCH-HUNTING will keep gullible Nigerians glued to their MULTIDIMENSIONAL POVERTY for the remaining 3 years...

That is what governance is all about in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Franking: 8:46am On Jan 14
So much noise without result.
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by wirinet(m): 9:06am On Jan 14
thisisit:
after the misadventure of premature PETROL SUBSIDY REMOVAL..... the comes scene two.... WITCH-HUNTING!!

WITCH-HUNTING will keep gullible Nigerians glued to their MULTIDIMENSIONAL POVERTY for the remaining 3 years...

That is what governance is all about in Nigeria!

Subsidy removal was/is inevitable. The issue was the manner and timing with which it was done by Tinubu.

About the witch-hunting. At least we will have a few less witches. Its generally acknowledged that Witches are bad for the prosperity and development of a people. There are too many witches in Nigeria. If other presidents had hunted a few witches like Obasanjo, I am sure we would have much less witches today. So I encourage Tinubu to continue hunting witches.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by ShangTsung000: 9:09am On Jan 14
IYOO...

Ibrahim Magu comes to mind.

ONYE ANWULU!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Niok: 9:21am On Jan 14
See as dem dey call money
Wey majority of this stupid low life urchins never touch for their miserable life
Yet they come out to defend them for a meagre 8k peanut
Pathetic Nigerians
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by adexpa(m): 9:23am On Jan 14
Teenaira:
Probing all of them will likely result in an effort in futility. They should just get them to do plea bargaining with everyone bringing ordinary 50% of the loot to the Treasury. If we can achieve that, Nigeria might get back to its foot.

Yes, that's my thoughts. They will be probe and allow to pay some portion of the stolen money if find guilty. There's no need jailing. There should be a diplomatic way to fight corruption in a system entrenched with corruption like Nigeria. Our system and ways of life ( culture) embrace corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by hotseat: 9:29am On Jan 14
If the EFCC is allowed to exercise its statutory mandate without interference from any quarters and are able to secure conviction of these politically exposed persons, then it would be a remarkable milestone achievement for the EFCC and, by extension, the Tinubu administration.

It would then send a clear and powerful signal that it's no longer going to be business as usual.

If on the contrary, those indicted walk away scot-free or given just a slap on the wrist, then it would have been nothing but the usual storm in a teacup a.k.a media trial.

For now, we just pem dey look EFCC lai dis!

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by Apel147(m): 9:35am On Jan 14
The writer coincidentally or deliberately avoided linking the names of some of the alleged looters to Jonathan but always quick to mention the people that served in Buhari's government! Very detailed reportage with a biased mindset, this is actually the reason our county is not moving forward.. tribalism!!!
Re: EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases by kiddkash(m): 9:41am On Jan 14
post=127931519:

Happy reading:

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 

*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

*~ Godswill Akpabio*

*~ Okonjo Iweala*

*~ Peter Obi*

We Rise.
Saint Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards Warn Atiku / Role And History Of Past Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba Land / South-East Governors To Buhari: We Need Service Chief From Igboland ​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.