Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others (13511 Views)

Kano State Uni Is Developing A Robot To Carry Out Domestic Chores / Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by AllenSpencer: 2:55pm On Jan 14
jaxxy:

irrelevant to academic pursuit of excellence when u can't takecare of the main and important stuffs which the students need.

The university is the a religious ground for monitoring people personal habits or dressing along as its not illegal or abused.

Fix the damn university system and stop chasing shadows. Go to Asia and Europe and see how students dress and yet excel but ur Africa mentality keep u trapped in thinking its by mini skirt and armless which are only personal and individual preferences nobody is forced to dress up or down..

Do all of them excel in Europe or America! You make it sound like people dont drop-out because of academic failure, or get expelled from school. Does European or American education guarantee excellence? Many gang member's and drug addicts of today either failed or got expelled from college.

Naira Marley is even a product of the UK system!

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Ezzymadu: 2:56pm On Jan 14
Incoming once be warn
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by TUTU147: 2:57pm On Jan 14
Good one to my school,no time for rubbish.
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by jaxxy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 14
AllenSpencer:

Do all of them excel in Europe or America! You make it sound like people dont drop-out because of academic failure, or get expelled from school. Does European or American education guarantee excellence? Many gang member's and drug addicts of today either failed or got expelled from college.

Naira Marley is even a product of the UK system!

I don't know what ure talking about. it seems u are either confused or in denial or detached from reality.

Do we have cults in European or Asian universities? Do we have strikes? do we have all the other useless vices and corrupt practices?

we are talking about solid academics systems and practices u are talking about mini skits and armless? undecided

What are u even arguing about? undecided

And yes foreign universities are 10times better than ours. incase u forget. undecided

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by jaxxy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14
nairalanda1:

Yeah, and many of them students in the same Asia and Europe don't 'dress anyhow'...

Plus it is a University. If you no like there rules, port to another university where there are no such rules.

As for fixing the university, anytime ASUU goes on strike on the matter, you guys will tell them to go and rest. Also, anytime things like higer fees or improving Nigeria's tax to gdp ratio is put on the table...so that we can have the type of funds European and Asian unis have (and some European countries take half their citizens income in tax in return for things like free education)...you guys will say no.

Plus were they excelling when they dressed anyhow? cheesy

when u can't tackle the real issues u go and attack or blame the irrelevant things. That's is what is happening.

U can't build an academic institution that is academically sound and progressive so u turn it into a convent to cover ur disgraceful running the an academic institution.
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by flakkypastries: 3:11pm On Jan 14
Epstein:
Bad market,,,,

cool

What of g string?
Not allowed
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by AllenSpencer: 3:17pm On Jan 14
jaxxy:

I don't know what ure talking about. it seems u are either confused or in denial or detached from reality.

Do we have cults in European or Asian universities? Do we have strikes? do we have all the other useless vices and corrupt practices?

we are talking about solid academics systems and practices u are talking about mini skits and armless? undecided

What are u even arguing about? undecided

And yes foreign universities are 10times better than ours. incase u forget. undecided

Oh! They don't call it "cult" there. They call it "gang", and yes they do exist.

I never said the educational system is not working in Europe or America for who is determined to exploit the opportunity. My point is that, being in any, does not guaranty excellence. We have dullards, gangs and hoes there too, and the school enforce fierce measures to kick them out when need be.

The point of the argument is that, moral dressing is part of education and norms. If you not planning to wear such to the office, why wear it to school? Are you going for a party or something!

You see, the point you raised has been a major setback for Africans at home and around the world. We are the people that negatively exploit things. If you reside in a highbrow neighborhood, how many of their kids dress indecently? But once you get to the ghetto, indecency becomes a norm!

Go to the schools where sane elites are concentrated, you won't see all those rubbish, the moment you cross down to the other side, they tell you 'It's their life" And who churns out the best says it all.

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by nairalanda1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14
jaxxy:

when u can't tackle the real issues u go and attack or blame the irrelevant things. That's is what is happening.

U can't build an academic institution that is academically sound and progressive so u turn it into a convent to cover ur disgraceful running the an academic institution.

Yeah, but a dress code is not a sign of backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Faithful007: 3:27pm On Jan 14
AllenSpencer:

Do every student in the US graduate with excellent grades? They also have same set of hooligans we have in our Nigerian universities. And when you bring in that same point to the general table, will you say American kids have morals and ethics? The freedom system churns out the worst set of humans! Talk about the height of societal ills and menace been perpetrated by youths, Nigerian youths are learners!

Same indiscipline got them there.
Yeah. Most do. And what i'm saying is not that America is perfect. I'm saying that you cannot use fashion to know who is good or bad in the US. Both good people and bad people can dress a certain way.
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by AllenSpencer: 3:32pm On Jan 14
Faithful007:
Yeah. Most do. And what i'm saying is not that America is perfect. I'm saying that you cannot use fashion to know who is good or bad in the US. Both good people and bad people can dress a certain way.

My point is limits in an academic system. You know what you will accept for your kids to wear out. And when you find your kids in the company of people dressing far off over that, you know their is a problem right.

I believe you know those limits, and just trying to make it look like, I am advocating for people to wear gowns.

We have skirts, and we have skirts, likewise for armless. Not dressing like we going to the strip club.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by jaxxy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14
nairalanda1:

Yeah, but a dress code is not a sign of backwardness.

no I didn't say it was backwardness or bad. I just meant it's not the main issues or an achievement in academic circles or environment..

People can dress modest or as they like but u must take ur classes and grades seriously. That's my stand.
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by jaxxy(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14
AllenSpencer:

Oh! They don't call it "cult" there. They call it "gang", and yes they do exist.

I never said the educational system is not working in Europe or America for who is determined to exploit the opportunity. My point is that, being in any, does not guaranty excellence. We have dullards, gangs and hoes there too, and the school enforce fierce measures to kick them out when need be.

The point of the argument is that, moral dressing is part of education and norms. If you not planning to wear such to the office, why wear it to school? Are you going for a party or something!

You see, the point you raised has been a major setback for Africans at home and around the world. We are the people that negatively exploit things. If you reside in a highbrow neighborhood, how many of their kids dress indecently? But once you get to the ghetto, indecency becomes a norm!

Go to the schools where sane elites are concentrated, you won't see all those rubbish, the moment you cross down to the other side, they tell you 'It's their life" And who churns out the best says it all.

Lol which gangs in western unis? Do u know the serious regulations they have? They don't chases shadows they chase main and serious issues.

Also highbrow areas dress indecently. Ask tiwa savage.

Dress sense or code is not determined by poverty or wealth but personal preference and interests.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by peterboro: 3:40pm On Jan 14
This should apply to all universities in Nigeria. Trust me, SANITY WILL RETURN TO THE EDUCATION SYSTEM.

Any chance given to Nigerians... THEY START MISBEHAVING and ABUSE IT ANYHOW WITHOUT CONTROL.

This is why even after the university life... THEY ALWAYS FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT THE REALITY AFTERMATH INTO THE LABOUR SYSTEM or HUSTLING.. Cos they still can't change some stupid ways of dresses and reasoning even after years, thereby still fooling and deceiving themselves thinking they're still little children.

THIS IS MORE REASON MAJORITY TIED THEMSELVES INTO MODERN RITUALS TAGGING IT Y*hoo as life becomes more miserable gradually. While the girls mostly becomes local and international prostitutes also called OL*SHO and HUKUP.

AT THE END OF SO MANY YEARS NOTHING STILL COME OUT... Cos the brain is not creative beyond...

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by AllenSpencer: 3:47pm On Jan 14
jaxxy:

Lol which gangs in western unis? Do u know the serious regulations they have? They don't chases shadows they chase main and serious issues.

Also highbrow areas dress indecently. Ask tiwa savage.

Dress sense or code is not determined by poverty or wealth but personal preference and interests.

You don't know they have gangs? grin grin grin Ask people who know.

You mentioned Tiwa Savage, thats a show biz person!

"Personal preference" to dress indecently and socially invalid?

Let me ask you a question, why does the corporate world mention "Indecent dressing" in their company policies and ethics?

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Neddstark: 3:53pm On Jan 14
Oscarchims:
They should focus more on ending any killing by bandits or related rather than this hypocrisy

This is a university not the state government.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Realist777: 4:14pm On Jan 14
nairalandkachy1:
The management of Benue State University (BSU), has announced a ban on dreadlock hairs, make-up, skirts above knees and other certain dress codes it deemed inappropriate and indecent.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/13/benue-state-university-bans-dreadlocks-armless-shirts-miniskirts-other-indecent-dresses?fbclid=IwAR2hkILYA1RJ98R51uN7-rqTrf7MbMmIz4AAUYxQ0s3_8nf-wOtuQPH4XhY

Reverend father governor on the beat!
Rather than focusing on proffering a long-lasting solution to the prolonged Fulani-Tiv war of attrition and belligerence?
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by jaxxy(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14
AllenSpencer:

You don't know they have gangs? grin grin grin Ask people who know.

You mentioned Tiwa Savage, thats a show biz person!

"Personal preference" to dress indecently and socially invalid?

Let me ask you a question, why does the corporate world mention "Indecent dressing" in their company policies and ethics?

indecent dressing can be subjective. Some people will say anything aside hajib is indecency.

Hope u know?

So showbiz gets free pass for indecency even when going to ur kids skol in hyper mini skirts? Nice
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by aywagze(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14
These people should do good research and develop good products with it to help humanity and leave rubbish ..🤔

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by thatigboman: 5:42pm On Jan 14
kereman1:
And excuse for omenka not to attend lectures.
omenka don graduate naa. Only that he can't travel to his homeland agatu as fulani has completely taken over the land, no joke

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200426-exclusive-struck-agatu-fulani-herdsmen.html?tztc=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by paix(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14
Johnbullthe3rd:
If they born you well type ’śmugmug” and see what happens next.
But you just did and nothing happened!!!
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Johnbullthe3rd: 6:04pm On Jan 14
paix:
But you just did and nothing happened!!!

Type it in your next mention
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by duketerry22(m): 6:25pm On Jan 14
This is good. Riding my time there years ago it would shock you the kind of stuff people worr just that the guys were the ones suffering it the most. They'll drive you to cut your hair but if a lady pissed in crop top they're line dead zombies
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by shineeye1: 6:37pm On Jan 14
Realist777:

Reverend father governor on the beat!
Rather than focusing on proffering a long-lasting solution to the prolonged Fulani-Tiv war of attrition and belligerence?

So bringing sanity to campuses cannot be done alongside preferring solution to other challenges?! Enemies of righteousness ...
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Realist777: 6:47pm On Jan 14
shineeye1:

So bringing sanity to campuses cannot be done alongside preferring solution to other challenges?! Enemies of righteousness ...
Nigeria has the highest number of pastor and malams in Africa, what are their roles?
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by viktagorion: 7:56pm On Jan 14
Totally unnecessary.
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by MartinsD12(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14
nairalandkachy1:
The management of Benue State University (BSU), has announced a ban on dreadlock hairs, make-up, skirts above knees and other certain dress codes it deemed inappropriate and indecent.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/13/benue-state-university-bans-dreadlocks-armless-shirts-miniskirts-other-indecent-dresses?fbclid=IwAR2hkILYA1RJ98R51uN7-rqTrf7MbMmIz4AAUYxQ0s3_8nf-wOtuQPH4XhY

Good idea , the school is not a place for oloshoism and hookupians
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14
Kobicove:
Anything that will instill discipline and seriousness is welcome smiley
which discipline... They're chasing nonsense shadows with Those laws.. if na arewa north or Muslim do this one ina do de write rubbish by now
Re: Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others by Mayplays(f): 9:58pm On Jan 14
Banhammy717:
Come to kubwa in Abuja, the way and manner some Christians ladies are exposing their bodies through indecent dress, is alarming.
Even, inside market, some parents encourage their daughters to dress and expose their navel
Navel? Lol. One would think it was a nipple he was describing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam / Delsu State 2011/2012 Admission / We’ve No Business With Parents, They Should Beg FG – ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.