Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 (76651 Views)

Nigeria Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2023 (1 - 1 ) On 14th January 2024 / Nigeria Vs Guinea Bissau: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 1) On Friday 24th March 2023 / Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2021 (2 - 0) On 19th January 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by millionboi2: 8:06pm On Jan 22
thatigboman:
As nigeria no fit score, Guinea Bissau don help us score own goal
very useless team,I'm now supporting Equatorial guinea not Nigeria again, how can a team be unable to score a goal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by abbyyzino(m): 8:06pm On Jan 22
Hullabaloon:

Wetin u dey do for office by this time?

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by 9JAMac10: 8:06pm On Jan 22
🇳🇬 must be better in the knockout stages

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by tolurx(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22
Bacteria8:

Stop blaming the coach pls... You people should stop.

Is it the coach that said the strikers should be missing chances ??

Abeg jareee we no just get team even if you bring Jose Mourinho
It's not just about the misses. We could have scored more goals and still played very badly. The overall play was really poor

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22
0Brien:
True talk we don't deserve this win at all. The two games we won were just sheer luck

A team that is persistently "lucky" is doing somethibg well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:07pm On Jan 22
Nigeria is a joke in everything.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Topman7: 8:07pm On Jan 22
Emma1Oj:
No be swear, Nigeria WILL NOT GO PASS THE NEXT STAGE.

We will.

You go see.

This is what we call wombling and fumbling to the final.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:07pm On Jan 22
ppogba:

It is bad if you cannot prove them right with a goal against Guinea Bissau.

It is one thing for Maradona and Pele to annoint you from their grave. It is another thing to tell Nigerians you can fill the boots of great players of years past.

bros calm down they did not crown osimeh as the African best for nothing, pls respect that guy, he's the number 8 best player in the world right now beta than CR7 the GOAT

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by APOPTOSIS: 8:07pm On Jan 22
0Brien:
True talk we don't deserve this win at all.
We didn't deserve to Qualify at all....
It's obvious na Prayers they carry this quagmire of a team dey go forth and forth...
Sometimes I ask if these Boys follow us dey watch Messi, CR7, Benzema, Mbappe, Haaland at all...
Or Dem get separate TV set wey we no dey aware of..?

Even Secondary School Boys no fit play this kind of nonsense. This is gross lack of coordination

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by MrJames007: 8:08pm On Jan 22
Bacteria8:

Stop blaming the coach pls... You people should stop.

Is it the coach that said the strikers should be missing chances ??

Abeg jareee we no just get team even if you bring Jose Mourinho
I dunno why the blame is always on a coach when the players decide to be foolish. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by ManOfSon: 8:08pm On Jan 22
So, what on paper should be the best attack in Africa has scored just three goals in three - one fortuitous, one penalty and one own-goal. This is not championship level, sad to say.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by khattab02: 8:08pm On Jan 22
prinsam30:
ivory coast dey chop am wella 4 now
worse result for ivory coast eva
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by esemes256: 8:08pm On Jan 22
prinsam30:

any team wey meet us for round of 16 we go cage them, e be like say u no sabi our pattern of play ooo

Nigeria has been good defensively that is why they made it out of the group stage. But when it comes to the knock out stage, you will be playing good teams. And worse still, you might lose some of your best players due to yellow card and injuries.
If your attack is not on point, you are going nowhere. It's like Nigeria coach wants to use the strategy Greece used to win Euro 2008. Defend aggressively and try to score even if it is one goal to win the game. That strategy can only work if you are very clinical up front.

The Nigerian players too need to wake up and be more alert.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Bacteria8: 8:08pm On Jan 22
tolurx:
It's not just about the misses. We could have scored more goals and still played very badly. The overall play was really poor

Bro our players are just very bad... overrated mostly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Cmanforall: 8:09pm On Jan 22
oloriooko:
Guinea Bissau played more passes than SE they showed cohesion while we keep chasing the ball
I have said this times without number, Paseiro hasnothing to offer this team

Why was Iwobi brought in?
His presence didn't change anything. I wonder if he gets playing time cos of his Uncle, Okocha.
Calvin is good. Aina good. It seems the SE defence is taking shape.

Osihmen was unlucky to score, I expected the manager to substitute him. Maybe Onuachu would do better with those crosses.
Some.of our players need playing time. Some may be better in National team than club side, while others may be better in club side than in National team

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Englishisamust: 8:09pm On Jan 22
Everybody remember we impressed in group stage last afcon only to be flog out of the competition by Tunisia 😂😂😂😂. Let just be managing this resultooo!!! So that when it happened again we won't be surprised!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Haykay2talk(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22
Our coach has more to do in the offensive side
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by TUANKU(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22
ppogba:

It is one thing for Maradona and Pele to annoint you from their grave. It is another thing to tell Nigerians you can fill the boots of great players of years past.
Tell us how good you are in your chosen profession? He has set the record as the first African to become top scorer in Serie A , a feat George Weah and Samuel Eto could not achieve, he led Napoli to the title after 33 years, a feat Edison Cavani and Marek Hamsik could not achieve. He is the African footballer of the year and you are?...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Paraman: 8:11pm On Jan 22
robosky02:

Equitorial Guinea 7
Nigeria. 7
Ivory Coast. 3
Guinea Bissau. 1
How did Guinea buisau get 1 point?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by ezixt: 8:11pm On Jan 22
If you didn’t watch this match, here is a key takeaway for you among others: Simon Moses should be banned from playing for the national team. He’s annoyingly not good enough. I can’t say this enough.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Emma1Oj(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22
Topman7:

We will.

You go see.

This is what we call wombling and fumbling to the final.
I like your faith. But remember "Faith without work's is dead" tell me what work has Nigeria done?

Let place bet 10k each.. if Dem pass, I give u 10k, i dem no pass you give? AGREE?
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:11pm On Jan 22
esemes256:

Nigeria has been good defensively that is why they made it out of the group stage. But when it comes to the knock out stage, you will be playing good teams. And worse still, you might lose some of your best players due to yellow card and injuries.
If your attack is not on point, you are going nowhere. It's like Nigeria coach wants to use the strategy Greece used to win Euro 2008. Defend aggressively and try to score even if it is one goal to win the game. That strategy can only work if you are very clinical up front.

The Nigerian players too need to wake up and be more alert.

exactly my point
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22
Ola Aina can run but his crosses and passes are so very awful. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by kris(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22
Your numbers don't add up. Guinea Bissau has 0, not 1.

Guinea Bissau lost all their matches. You don't get points just for playing.

robosky02:

Equitorial Guinea 7
Nigeria. 7
Ivory Coast. 3
Guinea Bissau. 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Bacteria8: 8:12pm On Jan 22
MrJames007:
I dunno why the blame is always on a coach when the players decide to be foolish. undecided

As in ehn, look at those chances we were missing angry

Shey it is the coach that will enter field to play it in ??

Imagine we played 11 shots and only 1 was on target grin grin grin

How's that the coach fault grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by khattab02: 8:12pm On Jan 22
If am ivory coast coach....

Na from stadium I go go airport straight

No big deal
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:12pm On Jan 22
ezixt:
If you didn’t watch this match, here is a key takeaway for you among others: Simon Moses should be banned from playing for the national team. He’s annoyingly not good enough. I can’t say this enough.

seconded
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Yhemzie(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22
millionboi2:
very useless team,I'm now supporting Equatorial guinea not Nigeria again, how can a team be unable to score a goal
I must tell you, this is the worst set of players we have had. Nothing fascinating about their game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Niyi4321: 8:12pm On Jan 22
Finally the Super Eagles got lucky because Guinea Bissau got sloppy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Nigeriagood(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22
Eriokanmi:
Have you watched Senegal play? What of Morocco, Equatorial Guinea and other so called less-important nations? Watch their replays on YouTube. Maybe, you'd reason differently Are you saying our boys are doing well in this tournament? Emotions don't win a game, team effort with preparation do. Both are lacking in this game. If they're doing well of course, they will earn my accolades. If not for the penalty awarded in our favour, we wouldn't have won the last match.

I'm a patrol but will never be emotional in my judgement. The golden rule abolished in my opinion is far better than own goal. The player who committed the own goal could be killed by fans or he commit suicide since it was against his wish. Every team goes to a tournament with the hope of winning. Its not a fair play at all. They should take it out.
most foolish argument of all time grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by TUANKU(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22
ppogba:

How many goals did the legendary Kanu Nwankwo score at AFCON? Zero, does that take away the fact he is an African great?
Like i said earlier, go and have a seat you arm-chair critic or better still go buy boots enter field if e easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply)

Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa! / Cristiano Ronaldo Statue's Penis Is 'worn Out' Because Too Many Fans Grab It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.