Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 (76611 Views)

Nigeria Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2023 (1 - 1 ) On 14th January 2024 / Nigeria Vs Guinea Bissau: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 1) On Friday 24th March 2023 / Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2021 (2 - 0) On 19th January 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Holaomoakin(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22
Nothing outstanding about Nigeria's attacking midfield for this game.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by dreyboard(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22
I just imagined this Nigeria playing against Senegal grin, we go too chop beating

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:35pm On Jan 22
Angelfrost:

Trying to be after 3 group games?! Lol! Issokay.

We pray they get it right Sha.

How come you are not this patient with your club and coach?!!! grin

abeg abeg no just bring that Man United team mata cum my front oooo, if u no want make we quarrel now now
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by TUANKU(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22
kendrick9:
He didn't lead nobody...
He was part of a good team with a coach who knew what he was doing...
Kvara, Kim Jae, etc were better...

In your chosen profession are you even up to average? Without his goals Napoli wouldn't have won it even his then coach openly admitted that on Italian TV. He lead their attack abi na you lead am? Yeye dey smell.
Go have a seat you jealous farm tool...Yaro Banza!
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Raynald: 8:37pm On Jan 22
We will play Egypt,Ghana or Mozambique
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 8:37pm On Jan 22
prinsam30:

abeg abeg no just bring that Man United team mata cum my front oooo, if u no want make we quarrel now now

Lol... Man United get useless defense, but if United play like Super Eagles have been doing since this tournament started, even you would have decamped tay tay. grin

Super Eagles pattern of play is almost at the same level as Stokes City in Championship.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:38pm On Jan 22
dreyboard:
I just imagined this Nigeria playing against Senegal grin, we go too chop beating

make una stop this talk abeg, na super eagles we dey talk so ooo, any team wey meet us must calm down no mata what

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Raynald: 8:38pm On Jan 22
dreyboard:
Defensive wise we are good
I think it will be a goal less game
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22
SUPER EAGLES LOOKS LIKE PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN HAVING SEX, DRINKING ALCOHOL AND SLEEPING.
WHAT AN INCOMPETENT SET OF PEOPLE embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Teejay2033: 8:39pm On Jan 22
dreyboard:

As bad as we look, beating us won't be that easy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by prinsam30: 8:39pm On Jan 22
Angelfrost:

Lol... Man United get useless defense, but if United play like Super Eagles have been doing since this tournament started, even you would have decamped tay tay. grin

Super Eagles pattern of play is almost at the same level as Stokes City in Championship.

chai πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by OfeAchi: 8:40pm On Jan 22
Angelfrost:

Nah... We defended massively, but had quick counterattacks which served us well.

This current squad can't even counter.

Are we gonna defend and bore stronger teams into submission from knockout to final?!!

Is that supposed to be the mentality of people intending to win such an important trophy?!!

This is disappointing tbh.
I think you are getting it all wrong. Nigeria is not in this tournament to win the trophy. The goal is to reach quarter finals. And we are still on track.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22
SmartyPants:

A team that is persistently "lucky" is doing somethibg well.

Until the luck eventually runs out... Till they meet that team that can actually dismantle defenses, and doesn't waste chances.

Super Eagles of the past didn't enter Afcon with luck or hopes that their opponents would misfire.

They were easily threats before the first group games, and lived up to it.

What this crop of players has been doing since this tournament started is pathetic and shameful!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22
0Brien:

When you're good you don't need luck to win.

The point is that its not luck. Its funny to see people call these things luck...these chances were created because we did something right.

The goal today happened because Simon put in a dangerous cross and Osimhen was in the right place. This forced the defender to make a mistake.

That is the product of Nigerian skill and effort not luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22
prinsam30:

chai πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ grin grin

If I'm being honest... Stokes City would be terribly annoyed and insulted by that comparison.

Enyinmba won't play this nonsense... I am not joking... I have watched them and Shooting stars.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22
Angelfrost:

Until the luck eventually runs out... Till they meet that team that can actually dismantle defenses, and doesn't waste chances.

Super Eagles of the past didn't enter Afcon with luck or hopes that their opponents would misfire.

They were easily threats before the first group games, and lived up to it.

What this crop of players has been doing since this tournament started is pathetic and shameful!

Nothing pathetic or shameful about it. This is a team finding itself but do you call 1 goal conceded in 3 games shameful?

We're a good team still getting into the rythym. We've created at least two clear cut chances in each game.

There's something to build on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by 0Brien: 8:47pm On Jan 22
SmartyPants:

The point is that its not luck. Its funny to see people call these things luck...these chances were created because we did something right.

The goal today happened because Simon put in a dangerous cross and Osimhen was in the right place. This forced the defender to make a mistake.

That is the product of Nigerian skill and effort not luck.

Please don't encourage or promote this idea any further. The team is not doing well, expecially with their finishing. No matter how good you think you are if can't net goals you're not going anywhere. They're very sluggish at scoring. Everybody can see it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by nihinlade(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22
dreyboard:

Same thing I thought as I watched our mode and style of play!
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22
SmartyPants:

Nothing pathetic or shameful about it. This is a team finding itself but do you call 1 goal conceded in 3 games shameful?

We're a good team still getting into the rythym. We've created at least two clear cut chances in each game.

There's something to build on.

I won't even bandy words or argue with you... It's okay to be patriotic or positive.

Serious teams don't come to a competition of this magnitude to "build on".

That's what qualifiers and international friendlies are meant for.

Well, knockout stage begins coming weekend... We shall be here to enjoy the "building"!
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22
0Brien:

Please don't encourage or promote this idea any further. The team is not doing well, expecially their finishing. No matter how good you think you are if can't net goals you're not going anywhere

Last Afcon from begining to end, the champuons scored a total of 9 goals. This is tournament football. A strong defence is the most important thing.

As for finishing its a matter of form. It will come.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by BrutusOj(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22
humberjade:
With the array of attacking threats we have, we are struggling to score goals, despite creating chances. Well, the good thing is that we are compensating for it with solid defending. But how far will that take us? 🀞
The bolded is where we usually get it wrong and give ourselves false hope and get heart attack when our national team go for tournaments. It's high time individual accolades are given to players based on their performance for national teams only. What we have upfront are all average players. I can say Osihmen has the fighting spirit of naija ex big players but the rest are just mediocres hyped by our local sports analysts on papers. If we must play well, then we have to start looking into our local leagues to pick the boys who are hungry to play.

Most of the nations doing well right now in this tournament got majority of their players from their local leagues. There is no hunger to win from those guys at all and it's painful to we the fans watching with our hearts in our mouths.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by blowjohn(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22
prinsam30:

yes na, dey watch

U too dey watch o
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by abbyyzino(m): 8:52pm On Jan 22
Nigeriagood:
:oyoy dey hells kitchen Have you met Gordon Ramsay
Fish and Shrimps combo is my favorite…haven’t met him btw
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22
Angelfrost:

I won't even bandy words or argue with you... It's okay to be patriotic or positive.

Serious teams don't come to a competition of this magnitude to "build on".

That's what qualifiers and international friendlies are meant for.

Well, knockout stage begins coming weekend... We shall be here to enjoy the "building"!

We don't need to look too far back into history to see the truth. Last Afcon Egypt and Nigeria were in the same group. Nigeria got off to a great start and goals galore. Egypt looked destined for an early exit. We all saw how it ended. That was a clear example that in tournament football its not how you start that makes the difference.

We shall see.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by blowjohn(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22
Only OSIMHEN get the country at heart.

Only him can fit in the dream team of 96.

Only him can stand among the likes of Amokachi, finidi, amunike, babayaro, kanu, etc.

The rest of the team very useless .

I don't understand how we can't find skillful player in the local league for our national team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22
SmartyPants:

We don't need to look too far back into history to see the truth. Last Afcon Egypt and Nigeria were in the same group. Nigeria got off to a great start and goals galore. Egypt looked destined for an early exit. We all saw how it ended. That was a clear example that in tournament football its not how you start that makes the difference.

We shall see.

I agree with you... We will see starting this week.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by ferdaus: 9:00pm On Jan 22
Wow! Nigeria clinched a hard-fought 1-0 win against Guinea-Bissau in the AFCON 2023. The team's grit and passion were on full display. Can't wait to see them continue to shine in the upcoming matches! ⚽πŸ”₯
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by Armaggedon: 9:01pm On Jan 22
sucess001:

Withdrawn
kindly mention him and withdraw it like him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by ogbe88(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22
SmartyPants:

We shall see.
U are not always smart as your name sound.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22
ogbe88:
U are not always smart as your name sound.

You never pass this attention-seeking stage of life?
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by dreyboard(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22
Raynald:

Nigeria is lucky playing against team with weak attackers, Senegal will break that defense with no stress...
We need to start converting our chances, we are so wasteful in front of goals
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 by dreyboard(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22
Raynald:

Nigeria is lucky playing against teams with weak attackers, Senegal will break that defence without stress...
We need to start converting our chances, we are so wasteful in front of goals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) / Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa!

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.