Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? (9005 Views)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Honestey: 10:35am On Jan 15
They are both on partial retirements already, they have withdrawn to lesser leagues.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by finallybusy: 11:11am On Jan 15
Those men have long retired. They will be replaced.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by mayor1814: 11:14am On Jan 15
Always finding a way to squeeze Tapnaldo into discussion with messi. It will take anoda 50 or 100 years to find another messi. But many young players are on the verge of replacing Tapnaldo already... E.g. Salah has a better premier league record than Tapnaldo...

Tapnaldo left Real Madrid, and they are still playing very well. Winning things very well. But since Messi left Barca, Barca has been struggling. Just see the way real Madrid humiliated them in the super Copa final....

Messi is the best football player ever.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:43am On Jan 15
Shellsploit:
Better than terry g music retirement plan shocked
who even retires from singing?

he should have said he has retired from the “music business” .
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by SPAMBOX7: 11:47am On Jan 15
iLoveYouToo:
I don’t understand, in my mind they retired the day they left Europe.

A retirement announcement won’t change anything. I’ve moved on from them, I don’t know about the rest of the world

Same here
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Everydaylove: 1:41pm On Jan 15
Never would you find such monumental historical duo like these guys. They are a blessing to football.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by hitsugaya: 2:24pm On Jan 15
realG101:
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or vinicous Jr. to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

Are you prepared to miss Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch?
fixed.. No try add garnacho again
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Advancedman(m): 3:59pm On Jan 15
realG101:
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

Will it affect the relationship of Fufu and okra soup?
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Fantazy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 15
realG101:

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

To me, As long as they are no more playing in Europe, they have retired already!
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by benjanny(m): 4:06am On Jan 17
very simple to handle
let them retire first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong Signs Contract Extension With Udinese / CAF Cancels U-17 African Cup Of Nations / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.