Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? (8994 Views)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Jeshurun90: 6:24am On Jan 15
Can our generation witness another player(s) like Messi and Ronaldo again? I doubt it!
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by tunwumi: 6:25am On Jan 15
They are retired already. They have gone for pension
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Nairalander248: 6:30am On Jan 15
EDOSBROWN:
Nothing. Last Forever, there will never be another Mess I or Rinaldo, both are exceptional,and had a splendid career, they are the GOAT..............,.....
The world will miss their rivalry, when they retire. ....,.

Same thing your grandpa says about Maradona. Have you heard about young Endrick the Brazilian whom Real Madrid pay Β£60m for?
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by arantess: 6:42am On Jan 15
realG101:
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

Are you prepared to miss Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch?
Na wa

Pele and maradona hanged boots, they are even dead and heaven did not fall
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by FireUpNow(m): 6:44am On Jan 15
Nothing new under the sun. Maradona , Pele, Zidane, David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Paulo Madini et Al left the stage and sky did not fall. New generations of footballers will rise as the old will fall.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by DonMcek: 6:48am On Jan 15
You forgot that Elclassico was not named because Messi and Ronaldo competed in it, rather it has been there before they were born. So, the tempo might be low at the moment but ll those stiff competition will be rekindled with time by some other players even better

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Patosky4U: 6:50am On Jan 15
We team Messi already take it that Messi has technically retired since 18th Dec. 2022. Only Ronaldo fans boy still thinking there is still a rivalry going on. We already completed football nothing left for team Messi so let the younger generation take over

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by BafanaBafana: 7:00am On Jan 15
Messi don retire since na

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by magnum247: 7:12am On Jan 15
In my mind, they’re retired already.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Mccullum: 7:15am On Jan 15
sojisenai:
Calm down OP. I am sure some people said this about the Legendary Pele, Marco Van Basten, Almighty Maradona, Original Ronaldo, Dinho...

Yes, I get your point about the rivalry, but believe me football has a way of surprising generations. To believe that the retirement of those two will be the end of such heights of excitement and arguments is like losing faith in the greatest sport of all time.

Just wait and see. Different Era, different story.

What did you mean by original Ronaldo, Ronald is a name that's open for any parent that wishes to identify their child with.

Either you like it or not, RR - former US president, DR9 and CR7 were all notable personalities that made that name great.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Bintasukai: 7:23am On Jan 15
nairalee:
Well, as a Messi fan, I got closure after he won that world cup. So as far as I'm concerned he's just playing right now to stack up his retirement money..

So the moment Messi retires I'll fill up my glass and cheers to a fulfilled career.

Cheers πŸ₯‚

They both will make more money when they retire a la David Beckham. Because they will join the league of salary payers after promotion from salary collecter league

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by zedegit: 7:26am On Jan 15
realG101:
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

They don already retire nah. This one nobi news again. Abi you dey watch Saudi and American leagues so

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Cheryphb: 7:32am On Jan 15
These 2 have already retired. They are only playing testimonial matches. Have you heard about 'final before final'? What they are doing now is 'retirement before retirement'.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by amakanancy(f): 7:34am On Jan 15
Will be so happy!!
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by NaijaGoBetter2: 7:35am On Jan 15
Like story of Hector and Achillies
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by GambaOsaka: 7:41am On Jan 15
Nawa o
With all the problems in this world right now, Messi and Ronaldo retirement is what some people including adults are discussing/arguing πŸ€”.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:44am On Jan 15
Everyone has his or her time......no doubt the past decades have been their time and this two footballers thrilled the fans and the soccer world with their skills and performance.....but as it is with life everyone has to bow out someday....
They are both in there primes now, So it wont come as a surprise!
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by lexy2014: 7:53am On Jan 15
realG101:

Are they the first and only footballers to play the game and retire?

Is football about only Ronaldo and Messi?

What a childish post
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Echile(m): 7:58am On Jan 15
I personally don't watch their games anymore since they left Europe
Therefore, for me, it's not gonna be a big deal anymore if they retire today.

Both are very good on the pitch, especially Messi
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Trustedpronet: 8:02am On Jan 15
How will I handle what? Are you ok op. I have dedicated my time watching them grow in the in past 2 decades without benefit. Let me tell you If they die nothing will happen...i will sleep well
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by cardoctor(m): 8:07am On Jan 15
A new set will come up.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Beverlyjean(f): 8:12am On Jan 15
nairalee:
Well, as a Messi fan, I got closure after he won that world cup. So as far as I'm concerned he's just playing right now to stack up his retirement money..

So the moment Messi retires I'll fill up my glass and cheers to a fulfilled career.

Cheers πŸ₯‚

World cup that they arranged for me...go and watch Maradona in 86...that's how a team wins world cup
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Smithwilliams826: 8:24am On Jan 15
Nothing concern me. Let the poor breath
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Karleb(m): 8:26am On Jan 15
For Ronaldo, I won't work for a week.
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Blazadenise(m): 8:39am On Jan 15
Are they still playing football ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Chidolalar: 8:49am On Jan 15
Stop comparing a local champion who is d biggest flop in world cup history with no single bronze medal and zero world cup knockout goals and assists to d one and ONLY world champion to have completed football.
Messi no be anybody mate for football at all.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Chidolalar: 9:00am On Jan 15
Messi winning d world cup gave his fans all over the world eternal peace of mind and happiness and cemented himself as d undisputed GOAT of all time and d ONLY world champion to have completed football and simultaneously gave penaldo fans eternal pain and sadness.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by jojothaiv(m): 9:24am On Jan 15
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

'Robert Frost
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by tesuto1(m): 9:25am On Jan 15
Shey I go dey prepare for second coming of Jesus Christ still kom dey prepare for dem retirements ni? Oga,I get my own life,u know right?
realG101:

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Iluvmycontr3: 10:21am On Jan 15
Greatest or not, the question is inconsequential.

#Other great players wl replace them, period!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF Cancels U-17 African Cup Of Nations / NFF In Disarray Over Keshi / William Troost-Ekong Signs Contract Extension With Udinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.